Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Genius

5,900 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
punkarama
Curried Chicken Rice
(The serving is for one person, but can easily be doubled or tripled!)

Difficulty: stressed

Step 1: Grill 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, I recomend cutting it into cubes before grilling so that it cooks faster (or buy already cooked chicken).

While chicken is cooking, start boiling 1/2 cup of white rice in 1 and 1/4 cups of chicken stalk. Add in any chopped up veggies you may like, I recomend celery, carrots, and green onions. Add in 1 tsp of curry powder ... or less if you want it less spicy (you can also add in salt, pepper, and whatever other seasoings you see fit).

Step 2: Once the above mixture has come to a boil, add in the chicken breast, reduce it to medium heat, and cover. Stir it occssionaly untill all the liquid is gone.

Step 3: Pour it into a big bowl and enjoy!! Or put it in a countainer for tommorow ... it's just as yummy warmed up!

For a vegetarian option, leave out the chicken breast and use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.

I am making this right now and I think I love you. smile I used a bouillon cube instead of chicken stock, since I had no prepared chicken stock, and a precooked chicken (since I can't stand handling raw meat).
It smells awesome!.

I may come in here later and post my manicotti and lasagna recipes.

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Here's one!! Hopefully no one posted anything similar. sweatdrop

Yummyful Pasta Salad

Difficulty: heart

Need: Stove (or other pasta.. cooking.. device XD )

Ingredients:
Bag of Pasta (I like the bow ties, but can be any shape =] )
Can of Spam (or ham if you don't have any, but spam is better! )
Olive oil
Red Wine Vinegar (cannot skip this one!)
Salt
Pepper
About 1/8 cup of Cheese (any type that doesn't have an over powerful taste, like cheddar)
Herbs
(I love to use parsley and oregano)

Cook the pasta, while it's cooking, cut up Spam into little cubes, but in a bowl, cut up the cheese into little pieces, add into bowl. Add the herbs and salt and pepper. Put enough Olive Oil to coat everything, but not to drown it! Put about.. 1-2 Mississippi worth of red wine vinegar. Drain and mix pasta into bowl, mix so cheese melts (even if you don't like cheese, this is good. I HATE cheese, but it is good in this =] )

Oh, and when my mom made this, she meant for it to be a pasta salad, as in cold, but I love it warm! Cold it's... nasty. So eat it warm, besides it's name!

Me and my friend are picky eaters, but we LOVE this! Makes about 2-4 servings, I think? Depends how much you eat as a serving! XD

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
-Simply Venus-
Hellooo?

Don't worry you're not being ignored. This thread just moves a little slow.

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
BloodBrook
-Simply Venus-
Hellooo?

D; 5 days slow. Lol. >.< *taps on desk* Yup.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Sorry. I've been busy. I'll add the recipe in the Guild List since the list in the thread is too massive to handle.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
-Simply Venus-
BloodBrook
-Simply Venus-
Hellooo?

D; 5 days slow. Lol. >.< *taps on desk* Yup.

Food & Drink is a slow forum to begin with and this thread is just creeping out of a hiatus. Be patient, please.

Wheezing Werewolf

Oh man, this is awesome. I WILL NEVER NOT KNOW WHAT TO COOK AGAIN.

And also, so I don't feel lame:

Ama's 'I learnt this from a commercial' chicken-bacon recipe
:

You need:
Chicken fillet
Smokey bacon
Cream cheese, Philadelphia or herb butter
An oven, a sharp knife and an oven dish
You may want:
Mushrooms
Onions
Herbs

(0: Preheat your oven to about 200 degrees Celcius)
1: Take chicken and slice a big cut into the side, like you would a bun. Be careful not to cut it in half. Fold top side away
2: Take your cream cheese, Philadelphia or herb butter and smear it in. Add herbs if you want. Fold the top half of your chicken back so the smooshy-stuff is in the middle.
3: Wrap strips of bacon around the chicken. I usually do two or three, depending on the size. It's best to have the ends on the bottom, trapped under the chicken so they don't fall off.
(3.5: Cut up some onions and mushrooms and throw into your oven-dish)
4: Grease the bottom of your oven dish slightly with some oil or melted butter so the chicken doesn't stick too much. Place chicken in ovendish, stuff in the oven and cook until the bacon is crispy and the chicken is golden brown. Cut into the chicken to see if it's cooked fully.
(5: Take oven dish out of oven, burn hands, fingers, chest or arms in some new creative way. Vow to buy oven mits.)

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Amadeas
Oh man, this is awesome. I WILL NEVER NOT KNOW WHAT TO COOK AGAIN.

And also, so I don't feel lame:

Ama's 'I learnt this from a commercial' chicken-bacon recipe
:

You need:
Chicken fillet
Smokey bacon
Cream cheese, Philadelphia or herb butter
An oven, a sharp knife and an oven dish
You may want:
Mushrooms
Onions
Herbs

(0: Preheat your oven to about 200 degrees Celcius)
1: Take chicken and slice a big cut into the side, like you would a bun. Be careful not to cut it in half. Fold top side away
2: Take your cream cheese, Philadelphia or herb butter and smear it in. Add herbs if you want. Fold the top half of your chicken back so the smooshy-stuff is in the middle.
3: Wrap strips of bacon around the chicken. I usually do two or three, depending on the size. It's best to have the ends on the bottom, trapped under the chicken so they don't fall off.
(3.5: Cut up some onions and mushrooms and throw into your oven-dish)
4: Grease the bottom of your oven dish slightly with some oil or melted butter so the chicken doesn't stick too much. Place chicken in ovendish, stuff in the oven and cook until the bacon is crispy and the chicken is golden brown. Cut into the chicken to see if it's cooked fully.
(5: Take oven dish out of oven, burn hands, fingers, chest or arms in some new creative way. Vow to buy oven mits.)
I added it to the Poultry section in the guild. :3

Wheezing Werewolf

Awesome, thank you!

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Really nice idea
Taki Okuda
Thin Mint Knockoffs
Appliances Needed: Microwave

Taki's Level of Difficulty for the Average College Student: heart

A recipe jacked from Semi-Homeade with Sandra Lee. No more buying Girl Scout Thin Mints!

1 bag semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
vanilla wafers

In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chips with the peppermint in 20 second sessions (so the chocolate won't burn). Stir after each session until the chocolate is melted. Dip the vanilla wafers in the chocolate until they are coated. Chocolate will be hot, so be careful. Put them on a cooking rack or a sheet of parchment paper. If the chocolate hardens in the bowl before you're done, just reheat it.

And interesting way to use a microwave and chocolate. I just would be worried about burning the poor chocolate cause then I'd be like >.> poor chocolate tastyness and probably make it into a smore haha.
LaChatte
Ward off that Freshmen 15 with tasty tofucakes!

Not only are they low in everything (fat, calories, sugar... ) but they are also super cheap to make!

Water, tap, 1 cup (8 fl oz)
1 pkg Tofu (14 oz.)
1 pkg Betty Crocker Rainbow Cake Mix

In a blender, mix tofu and water until smooth; pout into bowl. Stir in cake mix and mix until well blended. Full cup cake tins 2/3. Cook at 350 degrees 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

note: These cupcakes are denser than you're typical fluffed sugary stuff, so the dough will naturally be less runny. It should look more like cookie dough, and less like cake dough. :3

These cupcakes are incredible! share 'em with you're friends there's approximately 104 calories in each one so eat them guilt free and amaze your friends. Make sure no one's allergic to soy! n_n;

One of my teachers mentioned mixing tofu in her pumpkin pie filling and I thought that was interesting. To what I noticed I love tofu in soups mostly. Hence why I usually get the Hot & Sweet soup when I go out to eat in a chinese restaurant.
Taki Okuda
Latin Spiced Pork Chops
Appliances Needed: Oven or Stovetop

Source: Sonoma Diet

Taki's Level of Difficulty for the Average College Student:
stressed

2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 package boneless pork chops, 1/2" thick or less

In a bowl, combine everything. Sprinkle and rub into pork.

For oven: Foil your baking sheet and spray with nonstick. Preheat oven to 425. Wrap your pork in foil to make a packet and bake for 20 minutes.

For skillet: Spray skillet with nonstick and set to medium heat. Grill about 3 or 4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the cut. (If it's less than 1/2" about 2 minutes per side should do.)

A great side dish with this is the Toasted Quinoa Pilaf.

Yey, something for pork. My poor mom always hears me say pork for dinner awww. Thankfully it isn't to bad anymore since my fiancee is a cook but having recipes with pork may help with my mom and cooking pork differently.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff