Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
Polar, Kasey and Cheryl's Teepee Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:21 pm
.::RP Log - HP Event Thread::.
.Imperio The Glowstick :: Imperio, Cheryl, Midori, Candy, and Others.
.Date :: July 18, 2007.
.Pages :: 407 - 426.
.Type :: Informal.

Midori: *blinks*

--------------------

Zee Oddwyn: Ooo! Ooo!
Candy! Get out there!
*flings Candy out*

Candy: *flop*
Um...
*looks at Midori*
Hello!

--------------------

Midori: *edges away from people*

--------------------

-tosses Imperio into the fray- 8DD

Imperio: -stares at Candy- Candy? Does that mean like.. you could eat yourself if you tried? I mean, it'd hurt and stuff but it's possible since you're name is candy and you look sweet like candy would be. -adorably confused-

--------------------

Candy: *thoughtful* You know, I'm not sure! *looks over her shoulder at her rump for a bit* I don't think I want to try, though. Oh, but thank you for calling me sweet!

--------------------

Midori: *eyes the other Soquili*

--------------------

Imperio: 8DD Your welcome! -proud of himself even though he's not exactly sure what he did nice- And, and and~ -excited- Did you know that you're shiny?

--------------------

Candy: Hello! ^_^

--------------------

Candy: I am? O.O! Thank you! *flattered by the attention* *has been muchly neglected rp wise*

--------------------

Imperio: -nods enthusiastically- Shiny, shiny, shiny. Shiny is good, isn't it~ -shakes his butt- I'm not shiny though. ;.; I'm like... I dunno. But I'm not shiny. ;.; -contemplates having someone dump craft glitter on him to make him shiny-

--------------------

Chibizoo: D: *gives Imperio an apple* Shiney isn't always good. Too much shiney hurts me eyes.

--------------------

Candy: Well, you may not be shiny, but I think you look very nice. *frantically attempting to compliment Imperio* The red and orange colors make you look like you're glowing! That's nice! Isn't it?

--------------------

Imperio: APPLE. -munches- But shiny is like.. bright? And shiny and well.. Shiny?

Methinks Imperio is part bird. He has a weird fascination with things that shimmer. XD;

--------------------

Imperio: -gasps- I GLOW? ... COOL. -shakes botty again in a dance- I'm like a GLOWSTICK. Just... orange. Ish.

--------------------

Midori: *wants attention* ... *misses Disconium*

--------------------

Candy: *relieved* Yep! You certainly are! Like a glowstick, I mean. ^_^

Zee Oddwyn: Candy is such a well-meaning ditz.

--------------------

Imperio: -happy- Yay~ Glowstick, glowstick~ -pauses and then gasps in revelation- But don't people like.. BEND glowsticks to make them glow? DD: I DON'T WANT TO BE BENT IN HALF. ;____;

--------------------

Midori: *blinks at Imperio* Uh... *looks at the glowstick bracelets around her legs* -_-

--------------------

Candy: *winces at volume*
Oh, you don't need to worry about that! I don't think anything is strong enough to bend a big stallion like you in half!

*glitter appears out of nowhere*

Hey! Shiny!

--------------------

Imperio: -gasps at Midori- I NEVER NOTICED THOSE. Did they have to like.. crack your legs to make them glow? -wonders- I mean, how else would you get them on your legs? ... Are you a MAGICIAN? -homgwow-

--------------------

Zee Oddwyn: *laughs so hard*

--------------------

Midori: Uh... No? They cracked them, then they put them on... *blinks at him*

--------------------

Imperio: ... -astonished- I didn't think of THAT. I didn't know it was possible because you know glowsticks are usually like.. sticks. Not bracelet things so I figured that you had to be MAGICAlN to get them on. BUT HOW COOL. 8DDD -stares at the glow- I kinda wish I was green now. D: I mean, green looks SO COOl. But then again, a green bird? O.o That'd be a funny looking bird. It'd look like... someone nuked it in a microwave or something. ... D: POOR BIRDIE.

--------------------

Midori: Well, some Macaws are green, and they don't look like they've been stuck into a microwave... Nor do they look moldy, for that matter. *has a though* O_O Do I look moldy? *gets self-concious*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:10 pm
.::RP Log - Open/Private RP::.
.A New Adventure? :: Moose and Hema.
.Date :: Nov. 14, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] A New Adventure?' :: 1 & 2.
.Type :: Formal.
.Status :: On-Going.
.xxx.

The day was rather nice, though a bit cold with each passing breeze. It threatened winter was around the corner. Most the trees were almost bear of their leaves. The ground showed lovely shades of browns and reds. Some bit of yellow here and there of those leaves that hadn't totally turned brown or red yet.

The grass had changed from yellow back to green from the plenty of rain that had come since the summer. For the orange, turquoise, and silver mare, didn't really care about all that. No, her attention was on to her wings. She wanted to learn to fly, and her mother still didn't think she was old enough. How annoying was that? She wanted to learn now!

She flapped her wings and jumped. Hovering for a moment, she thought she got it, then she fell and landed on her hooves. It was getting very frustrating for the young filly. Her feathers were all fluffed up as she folded her wings to her side. Her tail flicked back and forth a few times before she relaxed a little. Breathing hard from all the jumping and flapping wings. It was hard work. She gave a snort. She was going to get this down sooner or later!

--------------------

A black and white foal wandered quietly through the grassy expanse that was the clearing. His primarily ebony wings were folded tightly to his sides as he tried to retain as much body as he could; battling against every chilly gust of wind that cascaded by him. However, the young colt wasn't paying attention to where he was going due to the numerous thoughts running through his head that proved to be very distracting. The foal gave a sigh and closed his eyes. Although he was somewhat relieved to be out of his basket he actually missed his woven confinement that had been his basket at the same time. There was nothing to worry about while he had been in it and suddenly everything had changed once he left it. This world before him was so vast and he didn't know where to begin. His father had been there for him when he had come out of his basket; but he wasn't with the colt now and Moose didn't know what to do. Suddenly a noise interrupted his thoughts. Peering about cautiously the colt noticed what appeared to be another Soquili; a foal in fact. Moose tilted his head in curiosity at the other foal; she was doing something that he considered very peculiar indeed. Moose frowned, wondering what the other foal was doing jumping into the air over and over again. He cautiously approached the other; still wondering just what she was doing.

--------------------

Hema hadn't noticed the other at first. Her thoughts were now on how else she could try to fly. She hadn't worried about any of the dangers that could be lurking in every corner. Her mother had told her to be careful of others, but she never really listened. Everyone, for the moment, were her friends until they proved other wise. She thought about running and then jumping, but she remembered how hard the ground actually was. Falling face first wasn't very pleasant at all. Were her wings too small, or not strong enough to hold her up. She couldn't remember what her mother said. "Grr!" she let escape her mouth, still thinking she was quite alone.

Finally, she turned a bit. Stopping completely as another foal came into her line of sight. She was slightly shocked and embarrassed, but also excited to see another foal. She flicked her wings to get the feathers back being flat and not fluffed up. "Hello there!" she said with a friendly voice. He seemed rather shy, perhaps? She flicked her silver and turquoise tail as she took a few steps. She hasn't met another with wings like hers besides her mother. He was very interesting looking too. Black and white, with bits of blue. "I'm Hema!"

--------------------

Moose took a few steps back from the mare as soon as she noticed him; afraid she might be upset that he had been there and not told her of his presence. The filly however didn't seem mad at all; instead she greeted Moose enthusiastically. The colt noticed the filly observing him and he in turn decided to do the same to her as well. Her coat was shiny in a mixture of orange and blue sparkles. She was rather pleasing to the eyes Moose had to admit. The colt suddenly felt rather down-hearted; his head dropping some and a sad expression crossing his face. Moose wished he were shiny like the filly; then he would be pleasing to others as well. The foal looked up however at the other when she told him her name. "Hema?" He repeated then paused for a moment. "That's a really nice name... I wish I had a nice name like yours..." Again he stared at the ground; trying to avoid eye contact and pulling his feathered wings tighter against his body. Moose wondered why he didn't have a nice name like the filly did and why his coat wasn't shiny. "My name is Moose..." He added; trying to be courteous in return to the other foal.

--------------------

"Moose?" She tilted her head. "What's wrong with that? I see nothing wrong with that name." She said with a nod. She didn't know what a moose was, besides being a name. Nor would she had cared if she knew it was a name after another type of animal. " You should be proud of it!" She said with a rather confident voice. He seemed very shy, and upset about something. Did he think he wasn't good enough?

"You should be proud of who you are, and what you look like." She said puffing up her feathers and giving a more leadership type look. "My daddy saids you should never let others make you think other wise." She flicked her silver tail back and forth as she smiled at him. She shook her head trying to get her mane to actually stick down rather straight up. It got annoying after a while.

--------------------

The colt blinked at the filly. "Nothing... nothing's wrong with it... I don't think... It's just not as nice of a name as your's is..." Moose didn't think his reasoning made very much sense but it was the best explanation he could provide Hema with. "I-I..." He stuttered while listening to the filly. Moose was intimidated by her; she certainly seemed to know what she was talking about. However, there was no way Moose could be the kind of foal that she was describing; and that's just how things were. The colt was caught in between two different thought processes and he tried his best to please the filly with his response. "It's not others that make me feel the way I do..." Somehow Moose didn't think it was the greatest idea to inform the filly that Moose himself planted these ideas in his own head. "Your daddy sounds very wise, and I respect that..." Maybe there was a way to please the filly while sidestepping around some of the finer details. "It's complicated; but I appreciation your advice I will take it into consideration." He smiled gratefully at the filly and watched her flip her main; wondering if she would go back to commenting on that subject or strike up a new one for the pair to discuss.

--------------------

She didn't really know what else to say. How could one not think so proud of themselves? She shrugged and guessed everyone had their own opinions on themselves. She flicked her tail again as she watched him curiously. "Well that's ok!" She said with a smile. "All you need is friends!" She tried to make things more happy.

"Want to try to fly with me?" She asked him trying to change the subject. "I was trying to do that before you came, but I seem to can't fly yet." She said as she unfolded one wing and looked at it as if it was going to tell her why they weren't holding her up. "It's very hard, but I really want to learn to see things from up there." She looked from her out folded wing to up at the sky, then back at Moose.

--------------------

Moose thought briefly about the filly's words. Friends? He repeated in his head. Although they had just met and it seemed futile to ask the colt choose to anyway. "Are we friends?" He asked her; the tone of his voice was a curious one. Moose could understand though if she didn't want to be his friend. After all, he wasn't shiny like she was. The colt blinked at the filly a few times. "Fly?" He repeated; a worried gleam in his eyes. He quickly looked down upon his black wings that were held tightly against his sides. "I don't think that my wings are strong enough yet to support me in the air..." The truth of the matter was that Moose had never thought about flying and he really had no idea how strong his wings were or weren't. Moose watched the foal extend her wing and noticed her examine it. "Well... maybe flying requires determination such as you have. Do you know why you can't fly yet?" The stallion listened to his own words as he said them and realized how foolish he must have sounded to the filly. If she knew why she couldn't fly then she would have tried to adjust to such a problem. Moose shook his head and let his eyes gaze upward at the sky.

--------------------

She nodded at him. "If you want me to be your friend, I will be!" How exciting, her first friend. She flicked her tail back making swishing noises as she did so. She really wanted to be his friend. She folded her wings back to her body and looked at him. "Oh? I don't think mine are either, but it takes practice!" She said with a giggle. "No, I don't know why I can't fly yet. Mommy told me once, but I don't remember." She said tilting her head trying to remember exactly what she said. Something about her not being ready, or something. She looked back at the colt. "I think I'm getting it though. I can hover for a little bit." She nodded and shifted her hooves on the ground. At least she hoped she was getting it.

--------------------

Moose's eyes sparkled in hope. "Really? You'd be my friend?" The fact that Moose might gain a friend left an awe struck look on his face. Even though most Soquili would consider gaining a friend something more trivial than he was making of it; it still seemed like a big deal to the foal. He hadn't made a friend before and he was now excited by the fact that the filly was even offering to be his friend. Moose took a moment and smiled at her; thinking how great it would be to be her friend. Though, he quickly realized he didn't know what friends did or anything that was rather obvious. Instantly the colt began to think he would make a horrible friend; and he frantically searched his mind trying to think of all the things that a 'friend' should do and be. The foal sighed; life sure was getting more and more complicated now that he was out of his basket. Moose's attention focused back on the filly. "Really?" He tilted his head and frowned. Somehow what she said didn't make sense to him. How can one practice if they can't really do it to begin with? He offered her a sheepish grin and decided not to say anything; thinking it might offend her. "Hover?" He repeated. "You must have a knack for flying then! I'm sure you'll be able to do it in no time!" The colt thought words of encouragement were things a friend should say. He hoped for the filly's sake that she would get the hang of flying quickly since she seemed to have her heart set on doing so.

--------------------

"Of course I would!" She said smiling at him. He seemed surprised that she'd even consider it. She bobbed her head up and down as she smiled. She had a huge grin on her face as she watched the other. "I'll get it soon." She said with a nod. "Even if mommy things I can't." She puffed up her chest and held her head up high. "But it's not fun trying alone. You should try with me!" She said. It'd be fun to have someone join her in her adventures of trying to learn to fly. Also, he had wings too! So they could teach each other how to fly.

--------------------

Although Moose had wavering feelings about friendship he beamed at the filly; hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to be someone's friend. "You're my first friend." He admitted to the foal; a slightly embarrassed tone to his voice. Allowing his eyes to stare into hers for a moment he asked seriously, "Do you have any other friends besides myself?" His head tilted to the side as he inquired. Moose was almost positive that the filly did; after all she had a shiny coat and seemed to be rather nice. A terrified look washed over the colt's face at the filly's suggestion. "T-try... to fly?" Moose stared down at his hooves. "I definitely don't think I am capable in the least of flight." His voice was quiet and cautious as he spoke. What if he tried to fly and couldn't even get off the ground? Or even worse... what if he managed to get off the ground and then wasn't able to land. Moose was dead set on the idea that flying was certainly not something which he should attempt.

--------------------

Thinking about it, Hema really didn't know who her friends were. She only ran in to three other foals before. One of them seemed nice enough, though she had a friend wolf with her who seemed upset. Then two colts who seemed to hate each other. She shook her head. "No. I don't believe I had a friend before you." All the others were adults, and she couldn't be friends with adults. She smiled at him. "I'm sure you can fly one day, not at the moment. I can't even fly." She looked at him with much confidence. "But if one doesn't try, they'll never know if they can or can't do something." She said with a nod.

--------------------

Moose's eyes widened in surprise at the filly; he wasn't expecting her to say that he was her first friend. "It that case I am very honored to be your first friend!" He exclaimed; giving her a beaming grin as well as bowing his head to her. The stallion however frowned at her next statement and his ears fell slightly. "You think so?" The colt was still filled with doubt about his abilities; and of his abilities that were sure to grow as he developed into a stallion. Moose stared at the filly; his expression changing from doubt to a positive feeling as she continued to talk. She certainly was optimistic in Moose's opinion. "I hadn't though of it in that way. However it is rather clear." Thinking for a moment the colt flipped his short mane. "You sure are bright Hema..." A small grin appeared on his face as he complimented the filly. The colt wondered if the filly was full of wisdom and other knowledgeable phrases. "Perhaps I'll try to fly one day soon... Then that way when we are both adults we'll be able to fly together!" He beamed once more.

--------------------

"Yeah, I guess I never asked them to be my friend, or had them ask me." she said thinking about it, but it wasn't too depressing. She would always make other friends, better friends then they could be. She smiled at the colt. "I'm sure you can fly later, if you try to give it a shot. "She said with a smile. Perhaps she was giving the other confidence now. Bright? Was he talking about her color, or was he talking about something else? She didn't ask, but only smiled as if pleased with the comment. "Oh! Flying when we are older would be great!" She said with a wide eyes. "We could explore the world from above the land." She always thought of doing it alone, not with someone else. But the thought made it sound so much better.

--------------------

"Oh..." Hema spoke as if she had met a number of foals before him and the colt automatically began to wonder why he hadn't met any foals before her. Moose had siblings of course that were foals but they certainly didn't count in this respect. He began to wonder if he simply failed to notice other foals before Hema; or if perhaps other foals noticed him and they simply choose to run away due to Moose having some repulsive quality. Moose frowned and tried to mentally name qualities about himself that anyone would find detestable. He suddenly felt the need to ask Hema how many other foals she had met before him; yet he didn't want to seem too persistent since that of course would be an undesirable quality. "Let's just hope so." He returned her smile with a grin of his own; suddenly feeling a tad better about himself considering that Hema had agreed to be his friend and she seemed enthusiastic about his idea. The colt nodded. "I sure do wonder how different things would be perspective wise when we are actually able to fly; I've heard that it gives a new outlook." He wasn't sure exactly what that meant; yet he had been told that by his father and Moose thought that his father was a wise stallion who knew everything perfectly that he had a discussion about.

--------------------

Hema wasn't totally sure what he meant by the last bit of it. "I'm sure it'll open a lot more things to do!" Adventure was always on her mind. It was what seemed to be the best. To live in the moment. Her father had once told her, though she didn't quite understand what it meant. She would when she was older, she knew that much. She moved her wings a bit and looked at him. "Is there something wrong?" She asked him as she remembered seeing a frown upon his face. She'd make him feel better, it was what friends did. Maybe it was best to move off the subject of flying and try to do something else. At that moment, a frog hopped onto Hema's hoof and then hopped away. "OH! Lets follow that thing!" She said as she watched it hop off. It would be awesome. What was it anyways?

--------------------

Moose tilted his head at the filly; confused by her words. After pondering for a moment he decided that for the most part he understood the message she was trying to convey. "So... Once we can fly they'll be a number of things that we can do that we aren't able to achieve currently?" His tone was a tad skeptically; unable to pinpoint any specific ideas in his head that would qualify as something they would be able to do together in the sky once they could fly. That didn't matter though the colt decided; as long as Hema would be there to guide him while they flew together; able to discover new ideas and see new sights. His eyes flickered up to her and he blinked. "Something... wrong?" He repeated; wondering her reason for proposing such a question. "No... I'm fine.... Are you?" Moose attempted to grin at her; hoping that she wasn't uncomfortable or something with him. The foal noticed something move from the corner of one of his medium blue eyes and he instantly flinched; startled by the awkward creature that had jumped upon the filly and then off again as it continued to hop away. "Follow it?" Moose asked in a quiet voice; not throughly enjoying that idea. "Do... do you think we should?" His eyes had a pleading look to them as he stared at the foal; yet her attention was diverted to the strange animal continuing to hop away from them.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:20 pm
.::RP Log - Teepee::.
.Untitled :: Tezuka and Demon.
.Date :: July 18, 2007.
.Status. :: Incomplete (Needs to be Typed Up)

Demon was, oddly enough, the first of his new “team” (Tezuka didn’t think in normal senses: they were not a pack, a herd, or whatever grouping horses used; they were a team.) that Tezuka found a slight comfort in having in. This was, however, likely because the husky Soquili reminded Tezuka distinctly of Atobe, disturbingly so. He moved like Atobe, a peacock’s struth with its tail in full bloom; talked like Atobe, “be awed by my prowess” and all; and almost sounded like Atobe, the haughty drawl coupled with that condescending tone. All he need now was the ‘ore-sama’s and that damned “charm point” for him to be a clone. Oh, and tennis, never forget tennis.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:27 pm
.Of Flowers and Soldiers :: Eury and Dustin.
.Date :: July 20, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Of Flowers and Soldiers.' :: 1.
.xxx.

Dustin laid underneath the shade of a large willow that sat at the edge of the meadow. He had been combing the skies all morning and needed a rest. The shade was wonderful and he could watch all that went on in the meadow from his position. It certainly was a lovely day and there wasn't much that could spoil it.

--------------------

A black and white pinto mare lay within the grass of the meadow; the breeze sweeping back and forth causing the shoots to sway back and forth. The mare's mane tossed about in the wind; the few curls in her hair bouncing slightly in the wind. She shifted her wings slightly before spreading them open; allowing all of her sleek white and black feathers to rustle in the breeze. The mare's black ears flickered back and forth; moving with the sounds of birds chirping overhead.

--------------------

Out of the corner of his eye, the stallion caught movement and turned his head curiously. He noticed a pair of black and white wings that belonged to a mare he hadn't noticed earlier. He really was getting sloppy with his attention to detail. Not seeing her as a threat, he lay there and decided to watch her for a few moments and see if anything curious would occur. Watching others when they didn't notice you was always one of his favorite past times.

--------------------

The mare's red eyes caught sight of a curious creature moving toward her through the air; it's black and orange wings flapping wildly. Eury gave a cheerful giggle as the monarch butterfly flew about her before landing upon one of the flowers in her tail. The mare continued giggling and sniffed eagerly at the butterfly before flicked her tail; causing the creature to fly off once again. The mare watched it soar away with a slight smile on her face. "How pretty..." She gave a little sigh and closed her eyes for a moment.

--------------------

The stallion watched the mare in amusement as she watched a passing butterfly come to her. He couldn't help but to smile as he was the only one here seeing the scene before him. She seemed to be at peace and he really didn't want to bother her if she was content but his curiousity was beginning to get the better of him and he wanted to go meet her.

Standing up, the stallion stretched his wings since he had been laying quite a long time and shook himself out. He yawned a bit as well before coming awake again. Then he went and started to make his way over to the mare.

--------------------

Opening her red eyes once again a beaming grin appeared on her face and she shifted her weight; leaning more to her left side as she lay in the meadow. A breeze passed by her and she took in the scents cascading around her. However, only the sweet smell of flowers carried through the air. The mare giggled slightly and rose to her feet; shaking her body to rid herself of any grass that may have been clinging to her gorgeous coat. If there wasn't another being around to converse with she would just have to go and find one. Smirking lightly she began walking briskly before moving into a well mannered trot; allowing her red eyes to scan the area ahead of her. The mare's black ears flattened when she heard a faint sound of hooves on the ground and she halted immediately; knowing they hadn't belonged to her. Looking back around the mare's red eyes caught sight of a dark gray stallion making his way toward her. Eury tilted her head as she watched him before releasing a giggle and grinning at him; standing still so he was the one to walk to her.

--------------------

Dustin watched her has she got up and then stopped again. for a second he thought she was going to just run off and he wouldn't get the chance to meet her at all but she had eventually heard his approach. Maybe he should sya something so she doesn't try to run off again.

"Hello there! I hope I wasn't interupting you." he called out to her making the first move at a converstaion and continued to approach her.

--------------------

Eury grinned widely and raised one eyebrow at the stallion, tilting her head to the side. "Of course not." Her voice was airy and light. A devious smirk appeared on her face, "You wouldn't happen to have been watching me, would you?" Some how the mare had suspected that another soquili had been viewing her; she just hadn't known where they were. It was that feeling that someone's eyes are watching you. The mare gave a giggle and rustled her wings upon her back. "You have quite a peculiar coat." She smiled and examined his coat with scrutiny. Her tail swished in the calm breeze. Giggling again her red eyes started at the crystal blue ones of the stallion.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:29 pm
.Prowling the Pond :: Damascus and Huron.
.Date :: July 24, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] --Huron and Damascus--.' :: 1.
.xxx.

The mare lifted her muzzle from the pond, little droplets of water falling into the dirt at her hooves, and then shook her head, her soft, medium length mane flying about at her neck. Huron shifted her weight and then ran her tongue over her muzzle briskly, ridding herself of the left over droplets. "Mmmm." She mused quietly, icy blue gaze cast towards the softly glowing stars in the navy sky. She gave her braided tail a little flick and then turned herself around and started walking around the edge of the little pond, keeping her eyes on the bushes and trees around the pond, for the most part, in the event that a predator should feel the need to burst from them and lunge at her.

The ferret-colored Soquili breathed a soft sigh and then looked back across the pond, bending her long neck down for a moment as she caught sight of some tiny flowers by one of her front hooves, growing from a small patch of grass in the pond-side dirt. "How pretty are you!" She squealed in delight, nosing it gently, and sniffing it, then exhaling softly on it and looking back up, ears flicking.

"I wonder if I can get my two-legger to tie you into my tail..." Huron's quiet, gentle vioce trailed off as she picked the flower up carefully with her teeth, then continued her walk at the edge of the pond.

--------------------

The stallion ambled lazily about the pond; his nearly black eyes skimming over the surface of the water. A light breeze floated over the water's edge; causing the stallion's mane to sway in the wind. The moon was just starting to make it's way into the sky; the color of the sky darkening to a navy blue. Soon it would be pitch black as midnight approached. Stars were just starting to appear in the night sky and just a glimmer of the silvery moon could be seen in the pond's reflection. Damascus' ears flickered as he heard a voice from across the water. It was that of a female and the stallion instantly became intrigued. His eyes scanned the surrounding area and he noticed the silhouette of a form; tilting his head slightly as he stared at it. Damascus watched the figure curiously as they began walking again; in what appeared to be toward the place he was standing at by the water's edge.

--------------------

Huron hummed softly as she listened to the leaves rustling around her, tail swishing from side to side as she walked, looking up and around every then, as any Soquili should, if they were alone at night time. "Hmmm." The mare lifted a brow as he stomach gave a slight grumble. "I guess I should put myself to the task of finding a snack." She giggled quietly, grinning and then turning her gaze, once again, across the pond.

The female's eyes widened with her slight shock, as her eyes passed over a form that hadn't been there moments ago, last time she'd looked over. Huron laid her ears back slightly and she shivered, standing stock still, not moving a single muscle. Though she could hear her heart beat speeding up as she tried to calm her breathing.

It was then that Huron realized that this other form on the opposite side of the pond, which she now also noticed she was walking towards, unknowingly, was only that of another Soquili, and by the size of it, a male. She gave a soft snort and un-tensed her muscles, giving another little shiver and then continuing her walking. "Hello." She chimed quietly, flicking her ears forth again and watching the other carefully.

Even if he wasn't a wolf or anything that might eat her, he might still be hostile, for all the female knew.

--------------------

Damascus heard the voice again yet was unable to make out any of the words escaping the mare. He heard her giggled lightly and smiled to himself pleasantly; enjoying the sound of her laughter. The stallion however noticed the other halt quickly; not moving at all and he could hear nothing more from the mare. Perhaps she had seen him... He wasn't anything to be frightened of though... Or at least that was what Damascus thought. A few moments later though the dark figure of the mare continued making its way around the pond. Her voice rang out once more; and Damascus paused and contemplated whether or not to answer rather than if he should wait till he had a better view of her. "Hello..." He responded; his ears swiveling about as he waited for a response. The mare was steadily moving toward him and an anxious and curiously feeling swelled inside him; wanting to have a glimpse of her.

--------------------

Brows raised with a custious determination, Huron stopped as she was now only a few yards from the large male. Flicking her tail a few times, she smiled softly, trying to let him know that she was friendly. The moon had just passed from beneath the few small clouds that had been keeping it's light from their world, and she observed what appeared to be a blotched, black and white coat. "You startled me a little." She admitted rather openly, then pursed her lips, ears perfectly erect and posture slightly stiff.

Huron still wasn't completely sure whether this stallion could be trusted or not, though they'd only spoken such very small amounts of words to each other as of yet. "It's a nice night, isn't it? I'm looking for night flowers." The female smiled, still holding her little flower between her teeth as she spoke, so her speech was a bit of a mumble, but still understandable.

--------------------

The moon's rays feel upon them once again; illuminating the world below as the clouds drifted past. The stallion noticed the bright smile on the mare's face and he allowed a sheepish grin to appear on his features. "Forgive my intrusion." He bowed his head toward the mare in an apology. Damascus' eyes floated over the mare; observing her. She seemed to be very pretty from what the stallion could see; he took a fewer more steps toward her. "Yes, it certainly is a pleasant time to be out. It's not too warm or anything and the breeze makes it comfortable." The wind once again cascaded by them; causing his mane to swish about. "What species of night flowers are you searching for?" He asked her curiously, noticing the dainty flower she was holding in her mouth as she spoke to him. "That is a lovely flower..." The stallion noted; it had light blue petals. "The color matches your eyes." He added after a moment's pause. "Perhaps I could assist you in looking for other flowers?" He offered with a polite smile.

--------------------

Huron flicked her tail again and turned away, letting the wind blow her mane out of her face, and then turned back to him and smiled again, "It wasn't an intrusion, it's not like the land belongs to anyone." The female remarked quietly, hoping she hadn't sounded rude.

"They are pretty. Does it really match my eyes?...I hadn't noticed." She blushed slightly, though it was dark enough that it wasn't really noticeable. "You have a nice tail. It's all braided together. Mine's just got little braids in it." She chuckled softly, flicking it once again as she mentioned it.

The female gave a soft snort and then placed the little blue flower she was carrying on another small patch of grass that was situated in the dirt. "Maybe that one will seed here." Huron mumbled quietly, then looked back up at the male. "I'm searching for Nottingham Catchfly. They're not supposed to grow here, but some of the European horses that the two-leggers brought over must've had some of the seeds in their fur, cause someone told me that I might be able to find them somewhere around this pond." She spoke, again in her soft, gentle voice.

Huron wasn't often so long-winded, in fact, she was rather shy, but she did adore flowers, and once one got her started on them, she could continue forever if she wanted to. It was almost like flowers were her security blanket. "They have sticky stems, which is why they're called catchfly, and...little white petals. They smell sweet and kinda like hyacinths, and they're in bloom for three nights before they wilt."

The female took a deep breath and then smiled apologetically. "Sorry about that..." She mumbled quietly, hanging her head a little and looking away. "I mean, if it was boring or something. I like flowers. I was hoping that if I found them, I could maybe pick just a few and try to help them germinate by bringing them to other places." She grinned, perking up again and then shifting her weight, watching him carefully under the moonlight.

--------------------

Damascus lazily tilted his head to the side as he considered the mare. "No I suppose it doesn't; however I'm sure there are those that feel differently." The stallion's dark orbs observed the flower again. "Yes; they match quite perfectly if you ask me... You're tail is lovely." He added with a slight grin. The stallion replicated her movement and also gave a swish of his braided tail. He watched her carefully as she placed the fragile flower upon the ground. "I'm sure it will, and I look forward to seeing many more of that type of flower." A few thoughts ran through the stallions head. Damascus blinked at the mare as he listened to her recall information about the specific flower. "That's very interesting... I'm sorry to say that I have never heard of that flower before." He frowned. "I will hopefully assist you in finding some though; the description seems accurate and will help us greatly if we in fact do stumble across some of them." Damascus stared at her, wondering why she was apologizing. "There is no need to apologize miss; your explanation was quite riveting I assure you." He gave a wide grin. "If I were bored I would tell you so but since I'm not I will give no mention. Have you checked all around this pond so far?" His eyes scanned the edge of the pond for any sign of the white petals; yet gave a light sigh as he noticed none.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:52 pm
.Storm and Night :: Eury and Incubus.
.Date :: July 30, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Storm and Night.' :: 1.
.xxx.

A black and white mare tread lightly over the ground through the night. Her pace was a swift walk as her blood red eyes gazed ahead of her; though she paid no attention to the route that she was making. Her wings twitched against her sides as she continued along. The night was silent; which made the mare feel the night was hostile. The night was nearly pitch black; the moon barricaded by thick layers of ominous dark gray clouds looming in the night sky. A crack of lightning whipped through the air followed by a lingering flash of white light. The mare halted; unsure whether to continue in the direction of the oncoming storm. Another crack ambushed the silence and with it freezing drops of rain descended. The mare gave a light shiver as she stood still and after a few moments she emerged at a gallop into the depths of the storm; wondering if she journeyed in the same direction that it would end sooner.

--------------------

The storm did not phase Incubus, the thunder and rain soothed the fury that struggled like a thing in chains in his soul. For once the weather outside him seemed to reflect what lay inside. His uncaring gaze was fixed on the forest as he walked, without aim, without destination. The rain poured over his leathery wings, made his curled mane shine like tar and dulled his crimson markings to the shade of new-spilled blood. He didn't think he'd meet any other creature in this wicked weather, though he maintained the hope that a foolish and frightened deer might run his way and into his eager fangs.

It wasn't long though before the drumming of hoofbeats met his ears and made him pause mid-stride. He had assumed them the sound of rainfall until they were unmistakably near. The scent attached to them was delightfully female aswell and made a grin curve across his face. A lesser, seeking shelter from the storm? He couldn't ask for better. Putting on his best, most non-threatening voice, he called out in a silky purr.

"Hello? Is there someone there?"

--------------------

Eury's ears flattened against the back of her head as she heard a voice through the pouring rain. She attempted to halt yet her hooves almost slid entirely out from under her upon the wet grass and she has falling forward. Suddenly her feathered wings spread out white a great 'whooshing' sound and then the mare soared into the air just enough to prevent her from injuring herself. After flying in two circles to steady herself and ward off any fear she carried from almost slipping and hurting herself, she touched down upon the ground; being careful not to slip upon the wet surface. Her eyes fled in the direction from which the voice had emerged; wondering who could possibly be there in this weather. The mare held her wings out for a moment incase sudden danger arose and she needed to perform a hasty escape; however nothing seemed to happen and she folded her wings precisely upon her back as they had been before. Her red eyes gleamed slightly as she gazed around; looking for a figure through the darkness. "Hello?" She called back through the rain; her voice dimmed by the pounding of droplets upon the ground.

--------------------

Incubus stepped out of the shadows as only one of the raven-blessed, the Kalona, could. He saw no reason to hide himself away, seeing nothing but honour and glory in his morbid appearance. As he finally stood before her, a smile playing on his lips he stated.

"Hello indeed." before flicking his loosely curled mane out of his eyes. He had spotted her wings and aptitude for flight by now and immediately found himself intruigued. He had never seen a lesser with the ability to fly as his kind did, especially with such unusual wings compared to his own leathery ones. He tilted his head slightly, speaking slowly, carefully, so as to hide his fangs.

"Are you losst?"

--------------------

Eury's blood red eyes feel upon the stallion as he came into view from the black shadows in which he had been concealing his appearance. Instantly she was mesmerized by him; looking over him a few times and soaking him in. He was a great deal larger in size than she was and by his unusual wings she could tell that the stallion was a kalona. The stallion tossed his mane and the mare's eyes traveled over his silky black and wavy mane. His crimson red markings stood out brightly against his black body. Eury tilted her head some and blinked at the stallion. "Lost?" She giggled lightly. "That depends..." A smirk appeared on her face. "I wasn't heading anywhere in particular so it's not as if my destination is unknown... However, I don't know where I am right off either." She continued smirking; still looking over the stallion. "May I ask what you're doing?" Eury smiled brightly at the stallion; giggling all the while.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:26 pm
.Whoa! Havent I seen you before? :: Eury and Khan.
.Date :: July 31, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Whoa! Havent I seen you before?.' :: 1, 2 & 3.
.Status :: Finished.
.xxx.

It was mid afternoon by now, Khan observed thoughtfully. It had taken him that long from early morning to find a path out of the forest, and truthfully, that could almost be called pathetic. Grimacing slightly to himself, he walked out to the clearing, that was at the end of the path. His mood lightened though, as he saw the clearing. It was pretty nice, by anyone's standards. A river, a hearty meadow, rolling hillsides, and more. It was peaceful, and isolated at the moment. How lovely.

"Might be nice to find some food here." he said outloud, scanning the surroundings, before his eyes settled on a bush of berries, quite happily. Delicately nosing the berries, he nibbled on several before pulling away. Certainly not his type. Ohwell. He would have to hold out for a while longer than until he met up with her. Nudging around, it was decided to explore, after all, he had nothing else to do, for the moment anyways.

--------------------

Eury trotted lightly through the meadow; her feathered ankles fanning about as the wind caught them when she placed her hooves upon the ground with every step she took. The mare was feeling quite pleased with herself; her soft coat was beautiful and clean. The black was shiny and dark, the white flawless. Her silky mane with it's light curls swished in the wind gracefully and the wind blew it just right. The feathers of her wings were all straight and gorgeous, and the flowers in her mane and tail were in full bloom and showed no signs of wilting what so ever. Yes; today was a good day for the mare indeed. The temperature was mild and the sun wasn't too bright; and thank god the day wasn't humid, otherwise the mare's fur would look matted from sweating and that would just be disgraceful for such a mare. She was so caught up in her thoughts that her red eyes hadn't even noticed a stallion that was also in the clearing.

--------------------

His ears perked up, as he heard the sound of approaching footsteps. His gaze brushed the clearing, until it settled on the new visitor. Oouh~ Another winged one? It appeared that wiged ones were a common occurrence, if he could meet two in such a short time. With no doubt, he would eventually meet more. But for now.

"Hello there." he called out, his head slanted, to observe the new soquili. It appeared that she hadnt noticed him yet, but maybe she was preoccupied. Glancing at the new soquili, he noticed her black coat, with immaculate white markings, and her wings. Something struck a chord in him, as if she seemed .. vaguely familiar. Of course, not with the flowers and everything but .. still. But now wasnt the time to dwell in his thoughts, he could do that later. Pushing it to the back of his mind, he asked cheerfully. "Its a lovely meadow, isnt it? Are you here, perhaps, for the same reason I am?"

--------------------

Eury ceased her trotting and descended her gait to a stead walk; her ears tilted to absorb the words of another. She turned her head and smirked yet continued her movements; only adjusting them a little to wander closer towards the other. "Hello..." Her voice trailed off as her red eyes focused intently on the stallion. She halted and her smirk grew a tad upon her face. Eury observed the stallion; his dark coat much like her own, with white socks and stockings. "Lovely indeed." She smiled and gave a light snort; beginning to walk around the stallion, let her eyes look him up and down. Tall, dark and handsome. She giggly cheekily to herself. "That depends..." The smirk once again appeared on her face as she almost completed the circle she had been making around him. "What reason would you be here for?" She raised a brow but the smirk remained attached to her face.

--------------------

Watching her, he had to wonder for her reason of circling. Feeling her eyes on him, he could only deduce that she was assessing him in some way. Letting his gaze fall on her in return, he had to admit, that they looked similar, only that he was wingless. But he didnt mind the difference, after all, wings werent everything. One thing for sure, was that she was a beauty. But that wasnt the issue here. After all, it was to be expected. He had, and would meet more sooner or later.

Taking care to answer her question, no doubt that this would be judged too, he replied, "I wandered and lost my direction, which led me here. What reason do you have to be here?" He raised his brow in return. "I hope, its not to be fetching more flowers? After all, this meadow .. has so many." He said dryly, referring to the flowers in her mane and letting his gaze rake over the grassy meadow, void of flowers. "Now, if you want to water them, there is a lovely stream right over there." Motioning his head over to the trickling stream, he had a grin on his face.

--------------------

Eury looked thoughtful for a moment before giggling. "I've done that a few times, the forest can be rather tricky to navigate through. Especially when you aren't exactly paying attention to where you're going; perhaps preoccupied thinking of... other things." Again the mare gave a giggle and tossed her mane; the curls bouncing some. "Me?" She acted in a feint matter; pretending to be startled that he had inquired about her reasons as well. "Well..." She smirked slightly. "Maybe I'll tell you later if I feel like it." Eury could be secretive when she chose to be; though she doubted the stallion really was concerned with why she was there to begin with. "Of course not." She looked rather affronted by his question. "These flowers in my mane are quite rare; common flowers like these..." Her red eyes scanned the meadow and a cross between a dissatisfied and upset look appeared on her face. "Would not suite me. No they would not." She shook her head frantically back and forth. "Hmm..." She pondered tentatively; wondering whether or not she should sprinkle some water upon the flowers. They didn't seem to be dry, but she really couldn't tell since they were in her hair. "Perhaps I should." She stated finally. She trotted a few paces before turning back to the stallion. "Coming?" She asked in a tone that gave him little room to deny him the request to follow her.

--------------------

"I suppose everyone can get distracted at one point or another. Glad I'm not the only one that does it." Khan said chuckling at the mare. But listening to the mare, he wondered if she was being coy. Well, it was easy enough to humor the mare then. "Maybe later then, you'll feel up to telling me." He had a casual tone, as he followed after Eury.

Amused at the affronted glance, that the mare had given him when he had given her his suggestion made him amused. Typical of a mare, to care about appearances. But it wouldn't do not to have a conversation. Seizing on one of their earlier topics, he asked, "Hmm. Rare flowers? Arent they a hassle to replace later on?" His tone tinged with curiously, he stared at the flowers that resided in her mane. He had to agree, that they didn't look like the common type, and was probably why she was so careful of them. Why have flowers that needed such caring, he would never know.

--------------------

Eury grinned. "I'm sure some are distracted... often." She gave raised an eyebrow whilst smirking at the stallion and she giggled again. "Alright. That sounds fair." The statement was on a serious note and she chose to clear her face of the other expressions which had temporarily resided upon it. Eury felt the urge to smirk since the stallion had followed her; yet with great difficulty she resisted the urge. The mare pondered his question before opening her mouth. "Sometimes they can be... But usually it's not too difficult. It all depends on if you know where to look." Eury turned to look at the stallion face; a smirk spreading across her face once again. She gave him a noticeable wink and then giggled. The mare continued walking just ahead of the stallion until she drew close to the stream and then she halted. "Hmm..." She pondered allowed, her voice a slight purring sound. What would be the best way to water the flowers... She tilted her head and stared down into the flowing water of the stream before turning to the stallion; her red eyes upon him. "Would you care to help me by removing the flowers from my mane? I can't very well remove them myself. Just please be... gentle." She giggled again; a wide smile upon her face. The mare shook her head; tossing her silky mane some.

--------------------

"Judging from your appearance, are you one of those who are distracted often?" Khan stated dryly. It was not a question, but what her impression on him was aside from the flowers. " I see." he said nodding to the topic of flowers. Well, he didn't have that much of an interest in flowers that eventually wilted and died. Maybe something more durable would be easier to maintain but he didn't mention it to her.

Walking alongside the mare, he gave a smile to her wink before he was surprised at the mare's .. forwardness and suggestion. He recovered his composure and said easily. "Of course, Miss ..?" His voice trailed off, as he remembered that he didn't know the other soquili's name. How rude was he, not even remembering to ask.

Not waiting for an answer, quite yet, Khan leaned in closer to her, his fur gently brushing against his coat, as his muzzle came into contact with the other mare's windblown hair. Lightly picking up the flowers, to make sure he hadnt damaged it, drawled "Gentle enough for you?" and stepped a few steps backwards. "Any closer, and I believe that we would've given the wrong impression to any passerbys. We wouldn't want that, would we?" he said, giving her a rouge-ish wink.

--------------------

Eury raised an eyebrow in curiosity at the stallion but a smirk appeared on her face none the less. "Me?" She said in a somewhat mocking tone; playing as if she didn't know what he had meant. She held the shocked expression for a tad longer before grinning to herself. "Depends upon if there's something to... distract me." The grin upon her face grew even wider. Eury felt the urge to giggle as the stallion's body rubbed against her ever so slightly and she shifted her weight onto one foot so the contact was somewhat lengthened. The mare was tempted to flutter her eyebrows at the stallion but instead smirked and tilted her head while raising an eyebrow. "Yes it was." She giggled again. "Perhaps... And why not?" Her voice was incredibly playful and she grinned once again at the stallion. She shook her flower-free mane and bowed her neck to slide off the necklace she wore from which another flower was suspended. The necklace fell daintily upon the ground by her feet and she lifted her head up again. "Would you mind placing those two flowers by this one?" She gestured upon the one on the ground with a slight bow of her head. "That way I can splash some water onto them upon them from the stream." She looked at the stream and took another step toward it, being careful to avoid the white and red flower upon the ground. "Oh and..." She smirked inwardly to herself. "Could you remove the ones from my tail too? I'd pull them out but I don't want to rip the petals." Her tone of voice was a pea to encourage the stallion further.

--------------------

"We can only hope, that you can improve your disposition, and I will try my hardest not to distract you milady." he said wryly, taking a few steps closer to her now.

Thinking thoughtfully, about how to answer her question of 'why not' he replied, "As much as I would like to, I'm afraid that would ruin your reputation, as is the female is always blamed." He said somehow having managed to picked up a few strands of her silky mane in his muzzle, as he talked, and now let a few wisps of her mane fall from his lips as he feigned a bow to her. "As you wish." Taking care to avoid trampling the flowers, he nudged them to the place she pointed out.

And it appeared that this mare wasnt finished with her flowers quite yet. "You'll kill a man one day, with so many of your commands." He said teasingly, but contrary to his words, he gently placed the flowers from her tail to the ground also. It was not that he didnt notice the inviting tone of the mare, but restraint was something to practice. Trying to divert the conversation, he commented, "Make sure not to let them float downstream, and alas, another soquili would have your flowers too, making yourself, no longer unique" He said in a joking manner.

--------------------

Eury gave him a hurt look; pouting and pursing her lips into a frown. "What's wrong with my disposition? It's not necessarily a bad thing to be distracted now is it?" Her first expression was then replaced by a casual smirk and a quirk of her eyebrow. "What reputation?" She added cheekily; keeping her eyebrow raised and her smirk growing wider as it twitched at the corners of her mouth. "I don't mind taking the blame." She added mindfully; tempted to nudge the stallion with her muzzle. "Perhaps I will." The smirk lingered upon her face. Her red eyes fell once more upon her precious flowers. "Thank you for the pointer." Arching her neck down she nudged the flowers lightly with her muzzle further away from the edge of the stream. Contemplating how to best nourish the flowers with water she made her way over to the stream. She gave a light snort and turned her eyes back upon the stallion for a moment. "One does not require ornaments to make them unique." She turned back around and took a few steps into the stream. The water was chilly and she gasped in shock at first at how cold it was. Quickly the mare nipped her nose into the water and attempted to splash the petals with enough droplets of water. Feeling satisfied after splashing them a few times so retreated from the stream; shaking off her feet and muzzle as she did so. She bent her head down to examine the flowers, which seemed alright in Eury's opinion. "Would it be too much of a request to ask you to help return the flowers to my mane and tail?" She held a mocking tone but was sincere; hoping for his assistance.

--------------------

"Nothing is wrong, but everything can always be improved at one point or another, cant it?" He said with a raise of an eyebrow. "But if you like it, then I'll just go back to my distracting self. " He said laughing softly to the mare. Inwardly, he was surprised at Eury's behavior but it was entertaining neverthe less. "I'd feel bad for your reputation, and a gentleman should never let a female take the blame." He said offering a apology smile to dampen his answer.

"But of course, one's personality makes them unique. But from your argument, I'm assuming that you would share your flowers with another?" he asked, skeptically, but he chuckled at the mare's gasp. "Cold already?" He asked mockingly, but made a point to stay away from the water. After all, no need to go into it if it wasnt necessary.

"Not at all." he replied, shifting, and bent down to place the flowers back onto her hair, but with a bit of distance now. It would bode well, to maintain such close contact after saying that he wouldnt.

--------------------

Eury frowned and shook her head slightly. "How can something be improved when there is nothing wrong with it to begin with?" Perhaps it was one of those things where people say something is 'new and improved'. Of course something couldn't be new if it had been improved and vice versa; yet it was something that everyone just common accepted for the sake of it. She mare resisted the urge to roll her eyes and yet gave the stallion a rather skeptical look; not quite understanding to a full extent what his words had meant. She grinned at him. "I didn't mind it." Once again the mare sighed; unable to comprehend the stallion. "If I have not a reputation how can one feel sorry for it?" She furrowed her brows and stared at him in contempt. Eury shook her head. "No... I wouldn't share the flowers with another." Unless... She contradicted herself. They were someone special... A half smile appeared on her face as she thought; yet she had a glazed over look to her red eyes. She shook off her legs once again; trying to fully rid herself of the water clinging to her pristine coat. "Just a bit." Eury's voice was firm; attempting to act as if she hadn't been bothered by the cold water as much as she actually had been. The mare allowed her self to stand in place as the stallion went about replacing the flowers in her mane once more. "Thank you." She replied gratefully; yet was disappointed when he kept as some distance between them.

--------------------

"Its hard to explain." Khan said brushing past that topic. It was something that he had heard from others, but had never taken the time to go over it. Now that Eury had brought it up, it was a good point. Maybe it was a way of thinking than a logical explanation, Khan reasoned to himself. Noticing the sigh, he shook his mane out as he explained, "Everybody has a reputation. Now whether you are aware of it or not, makes for a different story." He said nodding. "For example, I've heard that.. your winged type is a proud sort? In general, I believe." He added hastily, as not to make his meaning a stereotype. He himself disliked stereotyping, so he tried not to do it to others.

Taking the contemptive look into mind, he stayed quiet, since his question was already answered. Noticing the changes in her, he wondered if she was distracted again? Well, that wasn't surprising. Hearing the mare thank him, he replied. "My pleasure."Wondering what to do now, that she was done with her flowers, he asked a bit hesitantly. "Since, we dont have much to do, Would you like to take a walk?"

--------------------

"Alright then." The mare gave a light shrug of her shoulders. Eury didn't think it was exceedingly complicated but figured she didn't need it to be explained to her anyhow. She tilted her head and listened to the stallion. "If you say so." The mare gave the stallion a doubtful look but decided not to question him further. If one is not aware of their reputation I don't see how it could possibly matter... Eury gave a light snort. "I suppose some are, however us winds aren't incredibly different... We just have wings after all." The mare wasn't concerned too much in the effect breed had on status as some people would call it. "A walk?" She gazed into his eyes; discerning whether or not to accept or decline his request. "Alright." She gave the stallion a nod and moved slightly toward him. "Where shall we go?" She inquired; having no particular place in mind and wondering whether or not he had one. She shook her head; giving her mane a light toss and then she picked up her hooves quickly, doing so one at a time. She was somewhat anxious; feeling rather ill contented that the stallion had coped to her usual flirtatious actions and mood.

--------------------

"Wings are a gift from the gods. It's as if they've blessed you, with one of the greatest assets of a bird. " Khan said quietly, in contained amazement. "But that doesn't mean that those on land don't have their advantages too. Muchly, I'd prefer being without wings. I cant imagine life with them." He said, grinning, knowing how different he sounded from the typical wingless soquili. But it was because he understood Eury's comment. She wasn't different from him, aside from an endowed characteristic.

Bringing his mind back back to the conversation, he repeated faintly. "Yes, a walk." and at her acceptance, he fell into pace, matching the length of his footsteps to her. Amused, he wondered if he should offer a suggestion, when already she was going her own way. But walking next to her, he felt a change in her. Was it tension, or something else? "Is there something wrong?" His question tentative, and his voice full of concern as he stopped in his walk, waiting for an answer from her.

--------------------

Eury gave a nod of her head. "Yes that is true... It is wonderful to be able to fly I suppose. Though if I had not been born with wings I'm sure I would have been content as well." The issue was nothing to fuss over really. The mare however found if difficult to think of an advantage one would have without wings. She frowned slightly as she pondered and was unable to help herself from rustling her wings; adjusting their placement upon her back. The mare noticed him paused and she did so as well; turning her body to face him. "Something wrong? Of course not..." She offered a tilt of her head and allowed her words to trail off. "I'm fine." She tried to compensate for her usually grin and let out a giggle; however the pitch sounded awkward as it escaped her. Instantly the mare closed her mouth and shook her head. "Do you have anywhere in mind that you think we should go?" Quickly she asked; only realizing that she may have been rude without asking. She averted her red eyes away from the stallion for a moment to observe the area around them.

--------------------

Her placement of wings drew his gaze for a few seconds, before it returned to her. Noticing the awkwardness of her words, he had assume that she wanted to be fine. If she didn't want to talk to him, he certainly was not going to pry into her business. Prying, More often tHan not, was worse for him, in his case. He noticed the change of topic and question, and paused to think. "Anywhere I want to go..? Any where is fine, but should we just continue on this path? No doubt, it'll lead us to somewhere, but I think thats better than nowhere, don't you think so?" He said, diverting his gaze onto the path. "but if you have any suggestions, that would probably help. It doesn't matter to me, where we go." he admitted sheepishly. He knew many males were like him, they didn't care too much about the details. "I hope you don't mind .. my ..?" he didnt quite know how to phrase it, and his voice drifted off into silence.

--------------------

Eury gave the stallion a small smile. "Sure. This path seems alright." Why not? Would have been a more appropriate answer to his question but the mare was trying to be polite and courteous. She laughed lightly at the stallion's reasoning. "Yes I suppose so." Eury bowed her head in a nod. What is nowhere... She couldn't help but wonder. When one came to thing about it... Wasn't anywhere, everywhere... somewhere? After all... what exactly was nowhere? The mare cringed inwardly and furrowed her brow. Her eyes flickered upon the stallion for a moment. "Unfortunately I don't have any suggestion to make right now but I think of someplace I feel would be adequate for us to venture to I will be sure to inform you." A soft grin appeared once again on her face. Eury waited for him to finish; but realized he couldn't find the words when he made no more attempt at speech. The mare however knew perfectly what the stallion meant; it was odd how males and females often shared similar characteristics to others of their gender. The mare had continued walking along the path at a leisurely pace; looking beside her to make sure the stallion was there as well.

--------------------

"All right then." he said agreeably, walking alongside her, relaxed now that if she had any suggestions, she would voice them. Unlike other females, who kept their mouth shut and were discomforted, he had no like for those who couldn't speak their mind properly, even when invited to. This mare was different however, and he was glad for that.

Feeling a smile tug at his lips, he had to wonder, if there was a reason for her looking back. Was it merely to make sure that he was keeping up? or did she doubt him in some way? or did she believe him, not to keep up? He could ask her, but it seemed like a useless topic, so he stayed shut on the matter. Not that it was of any real importance anyways.

Shifting a bit, to adjust his saddle that was sliding off to one side, he glanced back at it, to make sure it was in its accurate position, and turned back to attempt some more conversation. "While we're at it, I don't believe I've had the pleasure of your name yet? My name is Khan." His voice cheerful, as if to liven the silence between them, and he tossed his head to clear his braid from covering his range of vision, as he waited for an answer from her.

--------------------

Eury felt pleased that the stallion was directly beside her and she smiled brightly. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed his head turn just a tad and her gaze was dragged to the same spot she thought him to be focusing on. She assumed the stallion was flashing a glance upon his saddle; obviously bothered by it in some way. Eury studied the saddle for a few moments; her red eyes wandering over it. It was very unique to say the least; and the stallion shifted awkwardly before turning his attention once again upon her and opening his mouth. The mare hadn't even felt the need for the to exchange names before he said anything. She grinned sheepishly at him. "Pleasure to meet you Khan. My name is Eury." The mare nudged Khan's shoulder with her muzzle; a mysterious gleam appeared in her red eyes as she watched the stallion before her eyes averted onto the path that they continued moving along. She tilted her head slightly; her ears rotating slightly upon her head. "Do you know where this path leads?" She already had a feeling that he did not, yet it never hurt to ask she guessed. And even if the stallion didn't know Eury saw no reason not to accompany him along it; perhaps they would reach something worth following it for. And if not... then they could always find something else to do.

--------------------

Noticing Eury's stare at his saddle, he supposed that she couldn't help it. After all, he had looked at her wings, hadn't he? They both had something that intrigued the other, and it, itself was amusing to say the least. But his attention turned to Eury, as her name was finally introduced. "It's the same here, Miss Eury" He said, noticing the gleam enter her eye as he bowed down in greetings towards her. Sometimes, he felt that Eury was more ambitious than any other female he had met. Now whether it was an advantage or not, was still unknown to him.

Listening to Eury's question, he pondered for a few moments, before he replied, "Most likely outside." Khan stared at the path intently for a moment, before shrugging. "We can hope, anyways." After all, he had just recently came to these lands, and by Eury's question, she could be new too. It wasn't surprising that none of them knew their way around these lands. Confusing, they were! His old homeland wasn't like this, but he had a rider to guide him through those times. Feeling wistful, at his memories, he didn't feel like talking, any longer.

--------------------

The mare tilted her head, wondering why Khan chose to add miss in front of her name. It seemed far too formal in her opinion. She paused temporarily; turning her red eyes upon the stallion and arching an eyebrow at him. "Outside?" She questioned; thoroughly confused. They were already outside were they not? And if they were heading outside, what was the outside he meant? Also what were they inside of if they were going outside? None of it made sense to the mare in the least. "Sure..." Her voice trailed off as she continued to ponder just what exactly the stallion could have meant. Eury looked to Khan, trying to find a new subject to discuss while they walked. She opened her mouth to speak yet her words were stifled when she noticed the apprehensive look upon Khan's features; as if the stallion were deep in thought. The mare closed her mouth and her eyes feel upon the path once again; remaining silent as they continued on. Then her thoughts began to wander as well; thinking of her homeland as she suspected Khan might be doing. The sweet scent of flowers and the ocean surrounding her... Images of crashing waves under the moonlight and steep cliffs by the water's edge.

--------------------

Jerked out of his thoughts by Eury's voice, he chastised himself. His thinking could be better left off when he was alone, certainly now when he had company. To prove, that he was paying attention, he replied, "Yes, outside." Khan smiled in amusement, realizing that she didn't really, know how he thought. "Y'see, I see this this forest, as a cage of sorts. When we get out of it, where the land spreads far and wide, will I believe that's outside. It was how I was raised." Khan said, adding the last part, to make his explanation make sense. Maybe not everyone thought like him, but it didnt really matter to him. To each their own, was a saying that he followed often. He glanced back at Eury, to see the expression that had crossed his face, not too long ago, and realized that she must've been thinking about, perhaps her homeland too?

--------------------

Eury listened intently to the stallion. "Oh..." Her voice was light and she spoke quickly; afraid that he might think her to be unintelligent by questioning in her head what he had meant. She gave a snorted and looked upon the ground as they walked. "Thank... thank you for the explanation." Her eyes fell upon him and she smiled at him; at least she was no longer shrouded in a sense of confusion. Suddenly a question appeared in Eury's head. "Do you not enjoy the forest Khan?" Her voice was serious and her gaze was focused solely on the stallion. The mare began to wonder more and more things about the stallion; longing to ask him. "If you don't mind... Would you tell me where you are from?" A hopeful gleam appeared in her eyes, wishing for the stallion to tell her all about himself. The mare was not exactly one for revealing information about herself... And rarely asking it of others. There was something about the stallion that... made her curious though. Perhaps it was his saddle... Or his disposition... The mare couldn't place exactly what it was.

--------------------

"I enjoy the forest.. very scarcely." he admitted. "The forest, seems like a trapping place, it makes me feel like I've come to a dead end. I don't like that very much." He said, a smile was on his face, but his eyes relayed a moody emotion. he was glad when Eury introduced a new subject. It wasn't easy to admit a weakness, not to anybody.

"Why don't we take turns asking the questions here?" He said, tilting his head. "Like, when I answer yours, you'll tell me where you came from?" he said teasingly, noticing the gleam in her eyes, and he couldn't help but relate her to a filly, maybe asking questions of a stranger or someone that it had just met. But back to subject, if they alternated, it would be a fair trade on both sides, to learn more about each other. At least, while they stayed together anyways. "I come from a foreign land called China. Horses, like you and I, are often used for war horses. To assist in wars, and such." he said vaguely, remembering his adventures. "Now your turn."

--------------------

The mare gave a nod. Eury smiled at the stallion. "Well... We'll just have to follow this path until it takes us out of the forest now won't we?" She giggled lightly. "Unless you've thought of someplace else already?" Her tone was suggestive and she nudged the stallion's shoulder with her muzzle. Again the mare released a giggle. The mare withdrew a tad from the stallion and raised an eyebrow at him. "Take turns?" Her voice was skeptical; clearly not too pleased with the idea. However, the stallion was polite about it... and after all he did answer the questions she had asked of him. Mentally she sighed defeat and tossed her mane. China. The mare repeated to herself; wondering why such a place would require horses of war. She was tempted to ask, yet decided it was better not to. Perhaps he would explain it to her another time if they had the opportunity of meeting again. Eury snorted when he reminded her that it was her turn to speak. "Alright... I come from an island known as Hawaii." Again images of waves crashing upon the rocky ground fled into her mind. "That's where these flowers I am wearing came from as well... They are very special to me..." Her red eyes sparkled and her gaze feel upon her neck to where one of the white hibiscuses hung.

--------------------

Noticing her skeptical voice, and the raise eyebrow, he had to deduce that she wasn't too keen on sharing information about herself, was she. He sighed inwardly. She certainly didn't expect him to share information about himself freely, while she stayed silent, did she?

Dragging his mind away from his thoughts, he asked "Island. Hawaii?" Khan had a questioning look to him, but it was directed more to himself than Eury. Hawaii was a coveted place, that he had heard of in China. And it was an island, which meant that it was surrounded with water. Had she traveled on her wings here? That must've been far, Khan thought absent-mindedly. He was tempted to ask her, how life was there, but he didn't want to ask such a useless question and have to answer a question that may not have been of equal worth. He noticed the glance at her flowers, and if he was new, he'd be glancing also but he didn't need to look at the flowers, well because, he had already seen them when he took them off and then placed them on her. No use seeing it again. "I suppose that you must've had a hard time finding replacements for them here, when they've all wilted and done with?"

--------------------

Eury closed her eyes and nodded slightly. The mare's eyes lids fluttered open and she threw the stallion a quizzical look. "Well..." She looked thoughtful and took her time before answering him. "There weren't exactly any replacements here." Eury frowned. "My Indian worked hard to grow these flowers here. She continuously worked to find a place where they would bloom and such. Eventually she found one... It is rather hidden and I don't expect anyone else would be able to stumble across where they bloom. My Indian tries to keep them growing all year long but it gets difficult sometimes. It is nice though that she has put so much effort into it." The mare smiled at him and giggled; remembering back to what she had said earlier. 'It all depends on if you know where to look.' A small smirk appeared on her face. "When one of my flowers wilt I take it to my Indian and then I go to fetch a replacement." Again she gave a quick nod of her head; silence then surpassed them for a few minutes as the mare tried to think of something else to talk about. Unable to those she decided to apologize. "Sorry..." Her voice was quiet and she looked away from the stallion. "That must have been boring listening to me recite so much revolving around flowers..." She gave a quick shrug of her shoulders and tossed her mane.

--------------------

Khan, listening to Eury's last comment said warmly, "Not at all. If you have something that you love, its only natural to share it." There was no need for her to apologize, when she hadn't done anything wrong. But by Eury's voice, he assumed that she really did like the flowers, and her Indian didn't cut corners when it came to them. Thinking thoughtfully, he had to admit, that his human didn't cut corners either, when it came to his saddle. He supposed that he should be thankful for that.

Diverting his attention to something else, he stared at the path, for a moment, he had to wonder if they were getting close to the entrance. The path looked far more worn out than it did earlier, which may indicated that more people would've came by here. He and she would part at the entrance, when they got out, wouldn't they? Khan felt a little wistful, it was nice to be in the company of others, especially when one was in a foreign land.

--------------------

Eury grinned slightly and stared at Khan with her blood red eyes. "I suppose that's true... So... is there anything you'd be willing to share?" Her voice was mellifluous and she released a small giggle as well. 'There must be something this stallion likes.' She told herself; nodding ever so slightly as well, a smirk appearing on her face again as she wondered what it may be if he did choose to tell her. Eury's eyes fell back upon the stallion's however she frowned slightly when she noticed his eyes were averted to another direction. She resisting the urge to 'hmmp' at him and she looked down at the path that she realized he was concentrating upon. She blinked for a moment and frowned. Why were the two following this path again? The mare couldn't recall... And she refused to ask the stallion since she knew he would think her either forgetful or stupid; and she would not be addressed as either.

--------------------

"Haha. I assure you, that you'll be bored by my stories. I'd much rather hear yours." Khan said, laughing. About to reply to Eury again, his eyes were distracted by something out of the corner of his eye. It seemed that they had reached the end of the path, where sunlight brilliantly strolled in. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think that we had finally reached an entrance out of a very dark tunnel." he smiled ruefully, tilting his head to look down the path at which they came from. From his point of view, it was light, but gradually grew darker until it disappeared into total darkness. "But appearances are certainly deceiving." Turning back to Eury, he tossed his head, "Thank you for blessing me with your enjoyable company." A cheerful ring to his tone, he had no doubt that Eury was going to be fine by herself. "This is the part, where we part ways, I believe."

--------------------

Eury snorted indignantly. "Why would so assume that if you haven't given me the opportunity to even hear any of your stories." She rolled her eyes at the stallion. The mare blinked at the stallion before looking around and realizing that the path finally ended; that must have been what they were following it for after all now that the mare thought about it. "That certainly seems like an odd way of putting it... though I suppose you are right." Eury trotted forward a bit; leaving the path behind and turning around to stare at the stallion. Her eyes averted to the side of the stallion, seeing the long path upon which they had traveled together. Eury wasn't exactly sure what the stallion meant be 'appearances are certainly deceiving', yet she wasn't bothered by it. The mare giggled and bowed her head to the stallion. "Yes it was rather enjoyable." A smile spanning across her face. A rather long time had passed since the two had first crossed paths and Eury felt it was time for her to depart since it seemed the stallion had to do the same. "Perhaps we'll meet again sometime." She giggled and winked at the stallion once more before she outstretched her wings and started to head home; the conversation she had had with the stallion replaying in her head as she did so.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:05 pm
.A Nighttime Swim :: Avaru and Muriel.
.Date :: July 31, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] A Nighttime Swim.' :: 1.
.xxx.

The stallion ambled along the beach; the sand cooling beneath his hooves. The sun had just set what seemed like only a few minutes ago yet Avaru was rather unsure of the time. The sunset had been beautiful; hues of red and orange adorned with pink spreading across the sky whilst being absorbed by velvety dark blues. A gentle breeze cascaded past Avaru, causing the strands of his mane to toss about in the wind. It was a lovely night and the waves lapped calmly upon the beach. The stallion tread a few paces into the water, enjoying the warm water upon his tired ankles. He had been out almost all day and his hooves had begun to hurt. The black tips of the stallion's long tail danced about in the water as in rushed in and out from the shore. The stallion's ears swiveled about as he recognized the sound of the waves beat down upon rocks along the shoreline some distance ahead. He gave a contented sigh and moved further out into the ocean so the water was just past his shoulder and he stood there for a few moments; his chocolate brown eyes gazing at the shining orb in the shy which was the full moon.

--------------------

Slipping away was the easy part, most of the forest creatures were quite enthusiastic about helping the young mare evade her father's protective grasp to explore the world. Some even went as far as to offer advice in the realm of the explorer, and even the romantic... not that Muriel really understood what most of the birds and bees talk meant.. but it had been fun to listen too.

Afterall, listening to such talk was a step closer to freedom. And freedom was the all-encompassing goal of most younglings her age,

Yep, adulthood definetly had it's perks.

Flicking her short tail merrily, Muriel proceeded with careless ease through the remaining underbrush, appearing once again beneath the bright moon; pausing only to stare with utter astonishment at the expansive vista that was the sea.

She had heard of it of course, and it was said that this was where she had come from. Which sort of explained her natural affinity for water...being that there was quite a lot of it in front of her... and probably why her poor father was constantly fishing her out of streams.

But all that she had heard.. all that she had dreamed.... just... paled in comparison.

"It's beautiful..." She whispered, oblivious to the dark swimmer.

--------------------

The stallion's ears flickered about as he heard an odd noise in the distance; it reminded him of the rustling of bushes. He tilted his head slightly and allowed his gaze to be torn away from the moon to scan the shoreline. The full moon illuminated the entire beach and Avaru noticed a place where the forest reached to the base of the shore; where the dirt and sand mixed together. It was a distance away but the stallion focused his eyes and he squinted at the forest's borders. He noticed the leaves of some tree sway in the breeze and he frowned. That wasn't the noise he had heard... And then he heard it again; this time as well he say the tall bushes coating the forest's edge starting to shudder and twitch back and forth. The stallion was rather bewildered from the movements and then he caught sight of a figure emerging from the bushes. It was another soquili; that much was apparent in the moonlight. He continued to squint at the figure and moved towards it through the water; unheard of the splashing of the waves upon the rocks. Upon hearing the other speak he realized it was a female; her voice was gentle and quiet. He wanted to reply to her comment; yet was afraid he would startle her if he made any noise.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:07 pm
Reserved for Eury x Kal RP.

.xxx.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:22 am
.Unsuspecting :: War and Jean-Claude.
.Date :: Aug. 4, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Unsuspecting.' :: 1.
.xxx.

Black ears flattened against the back of a mare's head as she halted at the edge of a cliff. The jagged rock over looked the clearing and much of the forest; the intrusion jutting out from the step rocks of the mountain. The only accessible to get to this particular surface of rock was a very thin path winding around the side of the mountain. Her medium blue eyes looked down below before flickering up to the sky where the baby blue was being shrouded over by dark gray clouds; soon there would be rain. The orca colored mare contemplated a moment before turning and heading toward the narrow path that led back up the mountain; back to her teepee which meant shelter from the oncoming storm.

--------------------

He had never realized how narrow the path from which his cave like home resided was.
He just never paid too much attention because he lived just off the narrow path, and honestly, he didnt much care about how much danger he could put himself in.

He exited the caves darkness, looking out to the sky which was becoming equally as dark. He shuddered a bit as that cool breeze which the mountains held, hit him in the face.

He loved it, and the darkness was empowering.

--------------------

A gust of cold air stung the mare's face and her short mane provided little shield from the torrent of icy wind. She closed her eyes, turning her head in toward the mountain and halting; waiting for the breeze to pass by. Once the wind was gone the mare opened her eyes once again and continued at a quicker walk; sensing that the storm was growing closer. After continuing not too far ahead the sound of the mare's hoof beats seemed to grow louder and echo as well. However, War frowned and halted; no longer able to hear her hooves against that rock and unable to hear those of the other whom she knew was there. She glared at the path that suddenly wrapped around a cliff. Of course. She mentally told herself; giving a roll of her eyes. She had at once known someone else was also upon the path when she had heard the second set of hoof beats; yet she was unsure how far ahead they were since they also had ceased their movements. The mare gave a defiant shake of her head and continued making her way up the path.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:27 pm
Reserved for Arctica x Boo.

.xxx.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:16 pm
Reserved for War x Rasui.

.xxx.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:48 pm
.A Chilly Night :: Eury and Vytali.
.Date :: Nov. 4, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] A Chilly Night.' :: 1, 2 & 3.
.xxx.

A black and white mare moved silently through the evening as it drew closer and closer to midnight. A crescent moon hung low in the black sky and a few stars were just barely visible. The mare held her feathered wings as close to her body as she could for warmth; the air was frigid and every gust of wind that fled by made her shiver. The mare was almost certain she could see tiny white wisps in the air each time she exhaled. The night certainly was not as warm as it had been during the summer and even in the beginning of autumn. However, the mare would not allow the cold to prevent her from taking her leisurely midnight strolls as she often did. The long grass tickled her ankles as it swayed in the wind as she walked in the clearing. The breeze caused the already cracked leaves hanging on the branches to make a chorus of rustling noises as they brushed past one another. During the night it was hard to tell, but the leaves on the trees painted the world in color; the array of yellows, oranges and reds. Autumn was definitely a colorful season. Though, Eury wished it didn't bring the cold along with it. The mare was not a fan of cold weather to say the least yet she attempted to bear it as best she could. Eury continued to amble through the clearing; every so often gazing at the moon and the stars.

--------------------

Vytali snorted, shivering in the cool night air. He'd yet to grow in his longer winter coat, and was finding, quite rapidly, that he disliked cold weather. He hesitated at the edge of a clearing, as if debating if he really wanted to step out of the shelter of the surrounding trees, where the breeze could chill him yet further.

Despite his typical, relatively deadpan [removed](the only reason his expression wouldn't be deemed vapid, or excessively distant, is that a small smirk always seemed to play at the corners of his mouth), he was the picture of misery--his wings weren't just tucked close to his body, he'd pulled them so tightly inward that it looked as though he were half-trying to tuck them up inside of himself, and the occasional shiver raced down his spine. While usually quite observant, he was suitably distracted by his own misery that he'd yet to notice Eury's presence.

--------------------

Eury ceased her walking and her blood red eyes scanned the clearing around her; everything was quiet and peaceful, A sigh of content escaped her lips and she closed her eyes; inhaling the cool crisp air of the night and for once the cold didn't seem to bother her. Slowly her eyelids fluttered open and she pondered what she should do now. It was getting later, and to her it seemed like a reasonable time to head back home to the teepee for the night before it got even colder out. She turned around and started up at a faster pace; walking towards the mountains where her home and family were most likely sound asleep already. However, again she took a moment to pause; deep in thought. It was a relatively clear night so she could easily fly, yet the cold wind would most likely seem worse higher in the air. The mare made up her mind and decided she would wander into the forest and head home that way; hopefully avoiding more icy gusts of wind by the protection of the trees. The forest was perfect because it almost surrounded the entire clearing and it reached all the way to the base of the mountain. Again the mare picked up a brisk step as she headed toward the forest.

--------------------

The soft noise of hooves crunching in dead leaves finally reached the half-kalona stallion, prompting him to lift his head, ears pricking forward even as his eyes sought out the source of the noise.

She was barely visible, what with her dark coat. What was it, he couldn't help but wonder, with the number of soquili mares who wandered around on their own so late at night?! Shaking his head, he flicked his tail-braid idly behind him, debating as to just how social he was feeling tonight.

A moment later, he snorted, a deliberate, sharp sound to make his presence known. "A bit cold to be wandering around, isn't it?"

Never mind that he was out here, apparently doing the same thing--let it never be said that he practiced what he preached.

--------------------

The mare drew closer to the tree line of the forest, but just before she could reach the edge of the clearing a sound made her halt in her tracks. The sudden noise that broke the surrounding silence startled Eury to the point where she almost flinched a few paces away; yet she was able to maintain her composure. The mare's red eyes fell upon the stallion that was standing next to a nearby tree. At first he was hard to distinguish due to his primarily dark coat. However, she quickly was able to discern the silhouette of his body. The mare observed him for a moment before he spoke. At first Eury raised an eyebrow at the stallion's question. Then a hardly noticeable smirk appeared upon the mare's face. "It might be. But if it's cold then I beg, what pray tell are you doing out so late as well?" Her voice had a hint of a seductive tone to it. Eury had a feeling that this may turn into something interesting and her previous notion of going home faded from her head as she watched the stallion; the smirk still lingering upon her lips.

--------------------

Grinning, white teeth flashing brightly in the darkness, Vytali tossed his forelock, the picture of composed arrogance.

"Because I'm male, of course. It's a badge of my virility, how well I tolerate the cold. Haven't you ever heard that before?" Let it not be said that he wasn't just as quick to mock his own habits as he was those of others.

This conversation was promising to be entertaining, at least--he'd give it that. It was somewhat unique that she hadn't snapped at him, or responded snippily to his opening comment, after all.

--------------------

Eury raised her eyebrows at the stallion's response. The mare wasn't sure what she wanted to do more: roll her eyes or just start laughing. "Well if you put it that way..." A devious gleam appeared in the mare's red eyes. "It seems I can tolerate the cold as well; yet I would hardly choose to call myself virile. I don't that really demonstrates your... virility to a satisfactory extent. Do you?" She closed her eyes, holding her chin up and acting rather unimpressed by the stallion. This was all of course an act to get the stallion riled up; the mare would have to wait though to see whether or not it would work. She opened her eyes again and stared directly into the stallion's. "I think we should come up with a more appropriate way to test your... masculinity." Eury wondered if the stallion would accept her 'challenge' and she raised an eyebrow suggestively at him.

--------------------

Chuckling, Vytali stamped one of his fore-hooves. "It's all a matter of perspective then, I suppose." he replied, returning her look with a lazy grin of his own. Not easily baited, or particularly impatient, he let silence stretch between them for a moment, before speaking again.

"So, if you're not here to prove your masculinity, what does bring you out here, in this chilly weather?" Shifting, he wrinkled his nose, as if mention of the cold had reminded him just how miserable it was.

--------------------

The mare raised an eyebrow and a coy grin appeared on her face. "If you say so." The mare flipped her mane and shifted her feathery wings during the few moments of silence that passed. It seemed a shame to the mare that the stallion had side stepped her remarks and had switched to a different topic; though she supposed that it couldn't be helped. Eury smirked and eyed the stallion as she thought of how to reply to him. "Me?" She acted as if she was taken aback yet her voice was playfully. "Well... I can't really pinpoint something specific that may have made me choose to come out in this weather; but I would have to say that you are currently the reason why I am still out in it." The smirk on the mare's face grew wider.

--------------------

Face smoothing back out into a more natural expression, Vytali tossed his head. "Then apparently my show of masculinity is doing its job, isn't it?" Winking, he looked completely at ease with the lighthearted conversation, aside, perhaps, from the way his wings remained clenched at his sides.

"Unless, of course, you were simply looking for an excuse to stay out longer," This last was said with a mishievious undertone, maintaining a lighthearted vibe in the conversation.

--------------------

The mare gave a tilt of her head and a smile spread across her lips. "You certainly do seem to be making a valid point." Eury swished her tail and batted her eyelids in a playful, yet enticing manner. She gave a soft giggle before responding to the stallion's other comment. Raising an eyebrow slightly she continued, "Well now wouldn't that have been convenient for you if I had been?" The mare of course had been starting on her way home when she and the stallion had crossed paths; but he didn't need to know that. Besides, this conversation was far more enjoyable then ambling home by herself all alone in the chilly weather.

--------------------

Waggling his eyebrows, Vyt gave her a half-mocking once-over. "My points are always valid." This said with a self-mocking sort of arrogance, eyes twinkling with continued humor.

"Convenient? I suppose, but only if you don't have some jealous stud (or father) who's going to come looking and wonder just what we were doing out here...in the cold." His playful tone was a mix of flirtatiousness, and at the same time, seemed to be pushing towards anything besides teasing banter.

--------------------

Eury's grin grew wider at the stallion's attitude; they seemed to have somewhat similar ways of things so far. "Is that so?" The mare began giggling enthusiastically at his remarks. Again, he had a valid point. That would be dramatic and quite ironic if something of that nature were to happen. However, nothing of the sort would of course; at least not on her part. "Luckily for you I doubt there is anyone who would come looking for me, especially in this weather." She expelled a breath of white wisps that was visible in the chilly air for a few moments before it vanished. "What about you though?" She raised an eyebrow; wondering if there was some mare attached to this stallion whom who be outraged to find the pair talking together. Going along with the stallion she added, "Shame it's not warmer." She wriggled her brow suggestively at the stallion.

--------------------

Vytali snorted, shaking his head. "Never doubt the lengths to which jealousy will move a stallion, if provoked~" This said with laughter. "And no, I don't think that's a scenario you can expect to be worrying about," This was said with a mock sort of thoughtfulness, as if he really -couldn't- be sure of whether it was a possibility.

"Yes, it is." he replied, smiling blandly as if he were completely oblivious to the flirtations undertones to the statement--let it never be said that he wasn't inherently contrary.

--------------------

The mare raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Is that so? I can't guarantee that for most mares; though I'm sure some are susceptible to petty provocations in regards to jealousy." Eury of course considered herself above those mares. "Lucky us." She continued. "Seems as if no one will be interrupting us then unless some random Soquili or other creature just happens to stumble upon us here... talking." Of course the chances for such a thing were even less probable on such a chilly night. Eury assumed the stallion was of course purposely acting coy to further tease her; which she didn't really mind. Teasing simply added to how interesting everything turned out to be after all.

--------------------

Vytali shook his head, mock-serious. "Nothing a little fast-talking can't fix most-times, at least~" He had a feeling he'd be very much the jealous type, if there ever was one who could lay a solid claim to his attention--he would never be the type to fly into a rage, sure--but a few cutting remarks, disguised as laid-back observations, most definitely...assuming he ever found a mare who could lay a solid, long-term claim to his attentions.

It wasn't a mental state he much anticipated, or expected to be in.

"Indeed. I wasn't much hoping for a fight with another stallion, when I wandered out tonight." he teased, leaning close. "And in that case, maybe we should..." he lowered his voice to a near-whisper, as if about to suggest something...naughty. "...talk some more." At the end of this, he winked, grinning widely.

--------------------

Eury didn't quite comprehend what the stallion meant by fast-talking; yet she played along with him all the same as if she did. "Is that so?" She winked coyly at the stallion. A tingling sensation fled through Eury's body as he leaned in close to her and whispered; she was however very careful not to let her body react to it or shudder in anyway. Half closing her eyes and opening her mouth she stared trans fixedly at the stallion. "Then what were you hoping for tonight?" Her voice had a hint of allure and seduction added to it. Again he was teasing her and inside it made her stir; it was all so cliche in a sense. Pulling away a little and smirking back at the stallion she proceeded to walk a semi circle around him. "Maybe." The smirk on her face grew even wider if it were possible. "Do you have any..." She paused for a second and as he had done to her; she spoke quietly beside him. "Suggestions as to what we should talk about?"

--------------------

Amused, Vyt's eyes were downright sparkling with humor. "Fresh air, of course." he replied blandly. At her reaction to his teasing, he couldn't help it--he grinned.

When she pulled away, walking around him, he tilted his head to the side, watching her with a vague sort of interest--just what was she up to?

There was something to be said for the way she was using his own technique 'against' him, he noted with his usual candor--even if it wasn't shared.

"Hmmm...how about..." he hesitated, as if thinking about it. "What your family's like?" Once again, perfectly innocent. It was enough to make one wonder, the way he seemed to transition from flirting to bland disinterest, and back again, without hesitation.

--------------------

The mare raised an eyebrow at the stallion and gave him an inquisitive yet amused look. "Ah, is that so?" She paused for a moment and grinned sheepishly at him. "Are you sure you weren't hoping for... anything else?" Again her tone was suggestive and she tilted her head, which caused her mane to fall and covering part of her face and giving her an even more seductive appearance. "Hmm?" She added; encouraging him to strike up some topic as she moved a step closer to him. However, she was somewhat taken aback by his question and she couldn't help to blink for a few moments. "Family?" She repeated before clearing her throat and tossing her mane out of her face. "They're alright I guess." She frowned ever so slightly as she thought about them before giving a shrug of her shoulders. "They're interesting to say the least. What're your's like?" Eury tilted her head in wonderment; hoping to be polite at least by reciprocating the question.

--------------------

Vyt widened his eyes, a consummate actor, and gave her an innocent look--an expression spoiled only by the gleam in his eyes. "What else could I possibly be hoping for?"

Winking, he tossed his head. "Yes...family. And mine? Mine are...entertaining." Grinning, he stopped for a second, reflecting on his siblings, and his parents. "I'm one of three siblings...and my family's fairly close."

Mimicing her pose, he waggled his eyebrows. "And you? Are you an only child, or are there siblings running around also?"

--------------------

Eury smirked before turning her head away slightly and closing her eyes; acting indifferent about the matter. "Nothing in particular." Although her voice was collected; she was inwardly grinning at the thought of it all. Eury's red eyes crept back upon the stallion. "Entertaining?" She repeated; raising an eyebrow. "It must be nice having siblings." The mare added. "I suspect I am an only child though I don't know my parents; so anything could be possible?" She gave a shrug of her shoulders. Eury wasn't bothered at all by what she had just told the stallion. After all, she lived with a number of other Soquili that she had come to grow somewhat close to and she considered them her family; and that was enough for her at the moment. Eury's head tilted as she regarded the stallion; the air was silent a moment before another grin spread across the mare's face. "What should we talk about now then?"

--------------------

Vyt nodded. "It is nice...but it can also be rather...troublesome, to have them." At this, he smiled, a private sort of expression that implied past amusement, and affection that, for the most part, he'd never admit to outwardly.

Cocking his head to the side, he looked at her as if surprised to hear that not everyone knew if they even had a family, much less remained close to them even after adulthood. However, he said nothing--what was there to say, after all?

Chuckling at her final statement, he pricked his ears towards her. "I'd say it's your turn to suggest a subject-it's only fair, hmm?" He teased, flicking his tail idly even as he raised his eyebrows expectantly.

--------------------

Eury raised an eyebrow and chuckled at the stallion's statement. "Troublesome you say... I know a foal that shares the same opinion of his siblings. Only he wouldn't be so blunt as to refer to it as being troublesome I don't think." The mare smirk a tad as she remembered the aforementioned foal saying degrading things about himself in comparison to his other siblings; he sure was an exasperating foal. The mare pouted at the stallion. "I wouldn't say it's fair at all considering I can't think of anything off the top of my head." The mare closed her eyes and tilted her head away from the stallion as she had done before; an expression of mock annoyance and indifference playing upon her features. However the mare pondered in her head a few moments; trying to come up with a suitable topic for them to discuss. "So... How would you describe yourself?" A grin appeared on her face. "Do you prefer to be alone most of the time or in the company of others?" Eury didn't know where this discussion would lead them but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

--------------------

Vytali wondered just what foal she was speaking of--did she have one of her own? Mentally shrugging, he grinned at her pouting protest.

Blinking at her question, he laughed. "That would depend on the company, I suppose." he replied, lightly stomping with one of his fore-hooves. "And my own mood--but then, I suspect that everyone is like that, to a degree. However, if I had to choose one or the other, I would probably prefer being in the company of others." Truthfully, it would seem strange to be on his own for long periods of time--being one of three children in a family that remained quite close, it wasn't something he was used to.

"And you?"

--------------------

Eury smirked. "Same here I suppose. It's nice to have company; though as you of course stated, it depends on the company and my mood." The mare gave the stallion a quick wink. Truthfully the mare did usually prefer to have company; however she generally was alone. The mare didn't run into others that often it seemed and she was enjoying the time she was currently spending talking with the stallion. She closed her eyes for a moment and wondered just how long they would talk for. After all; it was already late enough and they had spent quite a while talking. Her eyes reopened and a few moments passed by them in silence. "So..." The smirk returned to the mare's face as she tilted her head while she watched the stallion. "I believe it's you're turn again to decided upon a topic." The mare gave a little giggle; rather relieved that it was once again his turn since she had such difficulty in thinking of a suitable matter for discussion.

--------------------

Grinning, the expression a bright flash of white in the dark, Vytali tossed his head. "My turn again, hmm?" Pausing, as if to think about it, he suppressed a shiver as a cold gust of wind blew through his mane, lifting the delicate strands of his forelock easily. As the hour grew later, the air was getting colder, a sure sign that he ought to be returning to the simple shelter he called home, sometime soon.

"Do you think it will snow, soon?" It was true that the weather had steadily been growing colder, but so far there had been no sign of snow.

--------------------

Eury couldn't help but to smile back at the stallion's grin while nodding her head a few times in response to his pondering. As a burst of cold air cascaded by them in the night the mare couldn't help but shiver and hold her feathery wings even closer to her sides in an attempt to retain a tad more warmth. Eury would love to do nothing more than stand next to the stallion, brushing up against his side so that his body heat would comfort her as well; yet that was certainly inappropriate. "Snow?" She repeated, wondering about it for a few moments before responding. "I think it will snow within a few weeks for sure, but the sooner the better. It's so pretty to watch snow fall from the white-gray sky..." The outsides of her lips were tugged upward into a slight smile before she focused her attention once more on the stallion. "What is your favorite season? I'm not sure which I prefer more... Winter or Spring. Both are such beautiful times... everything coated with snow and ice during the winter months or all the trees beginning to regain their lush green leaves and flowers starting to bloom during Spring..." Eury tone was that of passion as she thought of each season affectionately. She eyed Vytali curiously; truly wondering what his reply would be to her inquiry.

--------------------

Vytali gave the mare a look of mock (mostly) horror at the mention of winter being a favored season, shuddering to illustrate his feelings on THAT particular subject. "I'd have to say autumn--it's not blisteringly hot, but at the same time, it lacks the...harsh cold temperatures that the winter brings with it." This said with a slightly miffed glare at the dark sky. "Spring is nice too, though, as everything is seeming to wake up, after the long, hard winter months."

"....Although I will concede, the white snow blanketing the earth is a sight to behold..." This said with an arrogant glance her way, as if he were daring her to call the comment unmasculine. "Just not enough of one to quite make up for the chill." With this, he winked, stamping his hoof once more.

--------------------

Eury gave a slight roll of her eyes in a playful manner in response to the stallion's expression. She nodded slightly to his comment about his favorite season. "That is true..." She added in a nonchalant tone. A devious smirk appeared on her features. "You know..." She began; her grin growing even wider if possible. "There are always things one... or two can do to keep warm during Winter." Her voice was seductive and suggestive, giving his a quick wink. Her voice then reverted back to the previous tone she had used as she went back to casually discussing the seasons with him. "I enjoy prancing through the snow and seeing the icicles danging off trees." She giggled fondly at his wink before adjusting her black and white wings upon her back. Things grew silent afterward, though it wasn't exactly an awkward silence that most would experience in this situation. "Thank you." The mare said quietly; a genuine smile on her face as she stared up at him. It had been a long time Eury had had an actually conversation with someone and she appreciated the effort Vytali was putting forth.

--------------------

Remaining candid, Vytali deliberately wrinkled his nose. "Running laps around the teepee? I hate doing it....much as I'm sure that's hard to believe, what with my incredible physique..." His eyes twinkled, the only indicator that he was teasing.

He then chuckled, in response to her own return to a less flirtatious tone. "Mares and shiny things...I don't think I'll ever understand it." Twitching his tail, he barely avoided grimacing outright--the tip was all soggy, from dragging on the ground. It was the one disadvantage to such long, luxurious hair.

When she spoke again, he blinked, puzzled. Had he heard her right? And if so, what was she thanking him for? Tilting his head to the side, he eyed her curiously. "For what?" The words slipped out before he could stop himself, curiosity at the forefront. After all, as far as he was concerned, he was simply enjoying pleasant company in an admittedly less-than-pleasant bout of chilly weather.

--------------------

Eury refrained herself from rolling her eyes. "Oh I know it's so annoying." She jested before taking a good minute to examine his well defined muscles. "That is hard to believe..." She began in a tone that was mock surprised. "Tell me oh defined one, having you been doing any other strenuous activities besides jogging around your teepee that I should be aware of?" The mare inquired with one eyebrow cocked; a grin upon her face. Eury pouted and pounded her foot on the ground; acting as if she took offense to his comment. "Not all mares are attracted to shiny objects." She closed her eyes, raised her chin while canting her head away from him and swishing her tail. She quickly dropped that pose however and giggled; that was of course until she heard his next question and she became quiet once more. The mare thought it was quite obvious why she had thanked him, however it was possible that she left some room for pondering. After a long pause she finally spoke in a sincere tone. "For spending time with me." Eury admitted; a faint twinkle in her eyes.

--------------------

Straightening, Vytali tossed his head, for all appearances practically preening at the attention. "I know, right? My brother has always envied me my effortless perfection, I just know it--it's why he's so sensitive, the poor thing..." Never mind that she'd never met Nyan, and so his rambling probably made no sense--the dig at his sibling, even when he wasn't there to squawk over it, pleased Vyt to no end.

"Oh?" Managing a vague expression of surprise, Vytali quirked an eyebrow at her, as if he didn't quite believe that. After all, while most mares were interested in shiney things to differing degrees, he'd yet to meet one that had no interest whatsoever.

When Eury continued, finally answering his own question, Vyt couldn't help it...he snorted. "I find your company pleasant, so why would that be reason to thank me?" Expression turning outrageous, he shot her a glance through his eyelashes. "Now, if you're giving thanks for being able to gaze upon the wonder that I am, then that is, perhaps, merited..." Without ever letting his tone get too serious, he was, unusually, not mocking her sincerity outright--or at the very least, hadn't set out to do so.

--------------------

Eury giggled. "If I ever run into your bother I'll be sure not to mention how deviously handsome you are around him then since it would probably make him upset." She tried to adorn a serious tone but it broke down into her usually flirtatious one as she had continued to speak and she tossed a wink at Vytali, still giggling slightly.

The mare gave a shrug of her shoulders and allowed her blood red eyes to look downcast and focus on the simply silver string around her neck with the attached red and white flower. "I prefer my hibiscuses to shiny jewelry that some mares choose to adorn themselves with." She had four flowers upon her body; two in her mane and two in her tail. She was overly fond of them and attempted to treat them with care. Eury had chosen to make the statement in attempt to prove that she probably wasn't as superficial as some mares, those she knew the number of mares who had such jewelry were rather rare to those who in general wore no decorations upon their bodies. She didn't care however and would always chose to sport the white hibiscus that made her content.

Again Eury gave a shrug of her shoulders but smiled up at the stallion. "It just seemed necessary to do so." Her response was brief but she really did mean it. The mare began to burst out in giggles. "Thank you so much Vyt for allowing me to have the pleasure of staring at such a well developed and handsome figure." She threw him another wink and she smirked, attempting to stifle her giggles.

--------------------

Waggling his eyebrows, Vyt shook his head. "Oh no, there would certainly be no need to be so nice on his account--it might do him good, to hear how blessed he is to have such a wonderful sibling..." As always, he was over-the-top enough to be almost self-mocking.

Following the statement with a playful grin, Vyt shifted a bit closer, peering at the hibiscis flowers in question. "That's a good point, I suppose--and the flowers certainly smell nicer than shiny rocks do."

Overtly preening, Vyt spread his wings before drawing them close again, arching his neck and winking. "Always my pleasure, to grace such a lovely mare with my presence." Bowing his head, he looked up at her mischieviously, finding he rather enjoyed making her laugh.

--------------------

"Oi," She reprimanded him. "It isn't polite to speak of your siblings in such a manner." Her tone was that of playfulness still, obvious that she wasn't exactly scolding the stallion. "I'm lucky I'm not your sibling." She closed her eyes and again tilted her chin up, canting her head away from the stallion slightly in her mock hurt and or annoyed expression. Soon a devious smirk returned to her face though. "However, if that were the case I would be able to contend with your beauty and would need not worry about the things you told other to say to me." A bright smile flashed upon her face and she swished her tail.

"Of course they do!" She said defiantly. Pretending to be annoyed that he would even leave room for doubt on the subject as it were. Eury loved the smell of hibiscuses and it always created a nice scent around her. Though it wasn't necessary of course seeing how with or without them she would always smell wonderful.

Eury studied Vyt as he allowed his wings to stretch outward before withdrawing them to his sides once more. She giggled at his statement and winked at him. "You know Vyt," She began in a seductive tone. "Jesting at mares for adoring shiny things is that rude when your body is in fact adorned with such things as well." The smirk Eury held upon her face was a wide one, waiting for how the stallion would defend himself wearing such objects.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:57 pm
.Coincidence? Maybe So :: Nixsi, Moose, Kai and Rohan.
.Date :: Nov. 5, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Coincidence? Maybe So.' :: 1 & 2.
.Status :: Finished.
.xxx.

Shades of yellow and orange streaked throughout the sky, indicating that the sun was about to set soon.. and night would fall.

Standing beneath a tree, Kai stood there silently, letting his gaze linger upon some flowers, that were of vibrant hues scattered among the green grass. Days like these, were what he considered his 'lazy' days where he would prefer to spend the day idly watching something or other.. But for some odd reason, life did not feel as light as it used to be. That fact alone, un-nerved him slightly.. Why did he feel like something was missing? .. Well, whatever it was, it come to light sooner or later, he thought as she shrugged off his uneasiness.

Navigating himself swiftly through the forest, Rohan caught a glimpse of white out of the corner of his eye.. "White?" He thought silently to himself. There was no such color in the forest.. He should have known. A forest like this was his second home. So the question was, what was shining so brightly?

Cautiously, he moved closer to the unidentified object.. Only to come out into the clearing, and find another soquili like himself. Slightly surprised by this.. visitor, Rohan's ear perked back in slight curiosity. Usually, these places were pretty deserted.. But what the heck?

"Hey there!" Rohan called out to the stranger, his voice cutting through the silence that lingered within the air.

--------------------

Nixsi walked along the edge of the clearing; just under the outstretching branches of the forest's trees. Evening was approaching but thankfully it hadn't grown too cold yet. The mare continued along slowly; carefully balancing the basket that was resting upon her back. An odd humming noise escaped the woven confinement every so often. The mare glanced at the basket; an affectionate smile appearing on her face. Nixsi gave a gentle flip of her mane as she turned her head back around; her crystal eyes gazing down at the ground just in front of her hooves. The river wasn't too much further she hoped; they wouldn't remain there too long either. The mare was just hoping to stop for a quick drink and set the basket down to take a rest before they would head back home; as it would quickly grow dark soon enough.

The foal inside the basket began making an odd humming sound again as he rested; he tried his best to stay awake but his eyelids defied him. He twitched and scuttled about inside the woven structure as he tried to get more comfortable. The blanket that lined the basket was warm and he snuggled up against it. He let out a loud mix between a sigh and a whinny as he attempted to fall asleep.

--------------------

Slightly surprised by the voice coming from behind him, He turned his head to the side slightly to greet the other stallion with a nod.. He wanted a little more time to watch the sun before it would fully set.

Watching the sun set for a few more minutes, he finally focused his attentions on the stranger nearby.. Who seemed to be waiting for him. How unusual. Did he have some sort of business with him? Maybe, maybe not. Dispensing courtesy aside, "What might one such like yourself be doing here?" He said politely, getting straight to the point. Greetings and asking how one was, was always a tiring chore. And it wasn't necessary to offer greetings to a stranger nor friend.

Not that he was trying to be curt or rude to the other stallion.. It was just in his nature to be blunt~ But hopefully the other stallion wouldn't take offense.. But yet, he stilled offered the stallion a friendly yet wary smile.

With an understanding of the nod, Rohan waited patiently. It was an understanding between stallions, of what the gesture meant.

For a few minutes, he also gazed out into the horizon appreciating the earth's beauty for what it was. But as the other stallion turned around.. Rohan undoubtedly noticed the stallion's sharp emerald eyes.. But it was also contained hint of whitish grey.. that was abnormal in any sort of life form. Uneasy, Rohan shrugged it off. It couldn't be.. It wasn't possible.. or could it be?

Masking his thoughts, He returned back to the matter at hand. "Ah, yes. I happened to be wandering the forest, when I had caught a glimspe of something." His voice a drawl. "But I suppose it was only another stallion, like myself." Pretending to sigh in disappointment. "But I'll take what I can get." As he grinned in jest. "I happen to know of a good river nearby here.. Would you happen to be thirsty?" Throwing his head in a direction towards the right, to gesture in the direction of the river. "I know I am." His voice cheerful.

--------------------

Nixsi's hooves continued along beneath her on their own accord; babysitting sure could be strenuous. Although the basket wasn't that heavy the mare's back and legs had began to ache after traveling so far with the foal upon her back. At last the mare caught sight of the clearing sloping downhill; she knew at the base was the river. A little sigh of relief escaped Nixsi; she would be able set Moose down and quench her thirst shortly enough. After thinking about it for a moment the mare decided that she would rest with the basket for a bit under a tree; even though it would surely grow colder and darker quickly. Nixsi's crystal eyes gazed around for a few moments as she halted and stood there pondering. It would surely be fine; after all the mare could find her way home at night and the foal had a thick blanket to keep him warm. Picking up her pace once again the mare began down the hill, pausing only a short distance from the river. Ever so gently the mare laid down; still balancing the basket on her back. Tilting to one side she carefully used her muzzle to slide the basket onto the ground.

Moose whinnied in protest to being moved and his began thrashing around violently in his basket; causing it to shake back and forth as he continued to snort. He only managed to partially calm down when the mare attempted to quiet him while gently 'Shh' noises. The foal snorted a few more times and continued jerking around in his basket until he found a comfortable nook once more and settled into it. An odd humming sound again could be heard coming from within the basket.

The mare held her breath for a moment while she waited for the foal to settle down. Once he did she expelled a deep breath and quieting stood up; hoping not to disturb the now taciturn foal. Nixsi took the last few steps toward the river's base and arched her neck down examine the water. It was crystal clear and the mare proceeded to lowering her muzzle into the water. Nixsi was shocked by how cold the water was, though it was still refreshing. After quenching her thirst the mare took a few steps back and made her way over to stand by the basket. She shook off a yawn that almost escaped her and she stretched her front legs as she stood there; hoping that stretching would make her muscles ache less.

--------------------

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt." In an odd way.. The stranger had a soothing yet comfortable quality to him.. Probably because he was so open and friendly, without a hint of false or malicious intentions. Although Kai would never admit that in fear of sounding too familiar, it wasn't often that he found a guy who he felt comfortable with.. he didn't want the impression of sounding or being gay either.

Besides, it couldn't hurt for him to head down to the river. A drink would have been nice. "I'm sorry, that I couldn't provide you with better company. but I suppose I will try to be as entertaining as possible." With a contrived sigh that was too meant to be over dramatic. "Anyways, The name is Kai. What's yours?" It would have been rude if he didn't at least introduce himself after all.

Falling into step with the brown stallion, He began to open up and talk more to the stallion, as the stallion began to lead them in the direction of the river.

Glad that the stallion wasn't as quiet as he thought he was, Rohan also found himself getting comfortable with the stallion. They could grow to be good friends, He thought.. or hoped. This guy didn't seem half-bad.

"Well, Hello.. Kai. That's an unusual but fitting name.." Pausing momentarily, as he realized how much the name suited this stallion. A sharp name for a sharp stallion. "My name is Rohan.. Feel free to call me that, since everyone else does." He said, grinning. Kai had a good sense of humor that made him smile and laugh.

Nearing the river, The clear blue water shone brightly as the moon and it's light were reflected back in the water. It was truly a beautiful night.. "It's remarkable, isn't it?" Without mention of what he was referring to, But he assumed Kai would know what he meant.

However, Kai was only focusing on a figure underneath a tree.. and a strangely large object near the figure. Unfortunately, they were too far to see who it was. But something about the figure.. seemed familiar.. He just couldn't place who or what it was.

"What are you looking at..?" Rohan asked because Kai had said nothing but looking at something else now. Following Kai's gaze to the tree.. "It appears we have company." He remarked.

--------------------

The mare stirred slightly as she was awoken from her sleep by the sound of voices coming from the river. The mare blinked a few times; trying to adjust to the darkness of night. She gave a quiet yawn and stretched her legs in the same manner before trying to discern what was being said. Nixsi realized that there was two other soquili; though she couldn't make out what was happening in their conversation. Suddenly things grew quiet and the mare choose to examine the others at this time; wondering if she perhaps knew either of the two stallions whom she heard conversing. One was darker as far as Nixsi could tell and the other one was almost pure white; who's coat shone clearly in the night. The mare had an unnatural desire to stare more closely at this stallion; it was uncanny how familiar he looked to her. Everything from his appearance down to his voice struck a remembrance; Nixsi was sure she knew him... The mare's crystal blue eyes traveled toward his face and she froze as she realized he was staring at her with piercing green eyes... Those same emerald eyes...

The foal in the basket suddenly awakened as he felt some of the warmth leaving him. Moose began thrashing about in his basket; causing it to rock back and forth. The foal was very upset by the lack of acknowledgment to his movements in his baskets and he began snorting and whinnying. The foal proceeded to snick his nose out of the basket and snort a few more times. Yet the cold made him pull his nose back into the warmer basket. Part of the foal's blanket was sticking out of his basket which accounted of why he was colder when Nixsi shifted some away from the basket. While the pair was asleep Moose had been kicking and caused the warm blanket to poke out of his basket and therefore leaving the side that had been closest to Nixsi exposed to the cold wind.

The mare flinched when the foal began whinnying loudly and she instantly tried to calm him down as she had earlier when they were closer to the river. Nixsi rose to her feet and circled around the basket; trying to figure out what would make the foal so upset. "Shhh... It's alright." Her gentle voice seemed to calm Moose some but he still was uncomfortable within the basket. Nixsi noticed the blanket poking out of the basket and she nudged it back inside with her muzzle which seemed to please Moose to the point where he stopped snorting and instead he began shifting around again; kicking his blanket this way and that until he was comfortable. She sighed in relief and a few moments after the basket stopped shaking she heard the same humming sound escaping Moose's basket. Nixsi's eyes focused on the basket a few moments before turning back upon the emerald green one's of the stallion.

--------------------

Sadly, the two stallions had already disappeared from the hill.

Although Rohan had galloped down to the river, Kai had followed in slow pursuit since he wasn't anxious or in a hurry to get to the river anytime soon. Although the figure in the shadows had made him uncomfortable, that he would prefer not to acknowledge that the figure was there.. For some odd reason, but with every instincts he had, it told him not to. That it would bring trouble if he did.. But with a quick discreet glance at the figure under the tree.. His emerald green eyes were filled with nervousness.

"Hey Rohan-- Why don't we leav--" He began to ask before realizing that Rohan was already gone. If there were ANY thoughts or such of friendliness for Rohan, it had been dis-spelled. He did NOT want to go and see who this strange figure was NOR talk to them. But apparently, Rohan had. With a scowl on his face.. He couldn't very well leave because it would have been rude, and he also didn't want to appear stupid just standing there.

Rohan who had been amused by the reaction Kai had shown to this stranger, has started down the hill to shout a friendly greeting. He had met one stranger today, why not another? And they couldn't very ignore whoever it was.. If it was a mare, it'd be most rude, leaving a mare in the dark of night, alone.

Although Kai did seem to have objections to the idea.. But it only made the situation the situation more entertaining. "Come on Kai. There's no harm with some company, is there?" He regarded the white stallion with curiosity, as he relaxed his stride. A sly smile touched his lips. "Are you a coward?" With a smirk in his tone, he calmly added, "In that case, you are most welcome to ditch out."

However, as he neared the tree.. He could make out what it was to be a stunning yet graceful mare, along with a basket. Her crystal eyes shone brightly within the darkness, but he couldn't see her quite clearly. "Are you alone?" He inquired of the mare, whilst a strange humming sound intrigued him. What WAS that sound?

--------------------

Nixsi felt shunned and vulnerable when Kai turned away from her; obviously doing his utmost to avoid her presence. She knew that Kai had known it was her based on the look he had given her as well. She let out a sigh; doing her best to keep her emotions in tact. Perhaps Kai had been right that time before when they talked... Though Nixsi would do her best to refuse to believe that. She knew that there had been something special between them and she wished Kai wouldn't run away from it. The mare however needed to take his feelings into consideration as well; the only problems was that she had no idea how he was feeling since they had departed quickly last time and he seemed quite keen to do the same thing at this point in time. Nixsi wished things could be simpler; but she knew things could never be that way when it came to Kai. The mare was taken by surprise when the other stallion approached her despite that the fact that they did not know one another. He seemed affable enough though as he spoke politely to her. "A-alone?" She was confused by his question. Hadn't the stallions heard the racket that Moose had been making within his woven confine? It seemed that they had been far enough away by the river to the point where they had been unable to hear the rambunctious foal. "No..." She added and gestured with her muzzle to the black and white basket beside her.

The basket shuddered as Moose tossed and kicked about inside his basket while he slept. He had been able to fix the blanket so it was back in it original position lining the entire basket and keeping him cozy and warm. The basket quivered a few more times while the foal continued humming all the while in his sleep.

--------------------

With a blank stare, Rohan glanced from the mare to the basket undoubtedly confused by the mare's words. How did she consider this.. company? He thought to himself silently. With a shake of his head, he turned to the mare before him, re-focusing his attentions upon the mare. Gesturing to the basket, He had to ask.. "For God's sake, I'm afraid to ask, but I think I shall." As he continued on, with a slight frown on his face. "What in hell can a basket do?" He said, his expression indicating one of perplexity and misunderstanding.

Unfortunately, He had glanced back to the basket for only a minute to see the thing.. SHUDDER? Fortunately, Rohan was not a loud person, therefore able to contain his shock.. somewhat in the least. His pupils had become abnormally smaller than normal as he slowly began to back away from the basket as one would back away from a lion. He couldn't find it in himself to utter a profanity or another.. But even as he backed away, his eyes keenly observed the basket in case there were any more strange movements.

But in the midst of all this, He had not taken much notice of Kai.. or the strange mare.

Oh great. What was his friend doing now? If Kai had to guess.. Rohan was playing with the god-damn basket ignoring both him and the mare. God dammed Rohan, They didn't have time for this. But knowing Rohan, He would have probably answered that they had plenty of time and in no rush to go somewhere. Feeling the need to snarl at his 'friend'. What did he think he was dong a a time like this? His hooves tapped impatiently on the ground but Rohan refused to look at him.

Casting his friend a discreet glare, He turned back to the matter at hand. With slight hesitancy in his voice, "May I ask if you need any help, Miss?" Squinting to get a better look at the mare. Not used to the darkness.. Kai could only make.. a pair of familiar crystal eyes.

Suddenly, a sharp flood of memories came back to him. Those azure eyes could only belong.. to her. "How can she be here?" He asked himself, as a dizzy feeling swept over his entire body. He couldn't believe his luck. He hadn't ever planned on seeing her again, but as luck would have it... He did. How cruel could life possibly get? With a sharp intake of breath, he took a few steps back to clear his head. Which was almost impossible. If it were possible to get any angrier than he was before.. This was certainly it.

It wasn't her fault.. He knew. But he felt like hurting or possibly murdering someone for his incredibly bad luck. But.. Hopefully, she wouldn't know that it was him? Maybe she wouldn't recognize him in the dark.

--------------------

Nixsi stared up at the brown stallion with a look of confusion. Moose may not be the best company; but she would certainly call him company none the less. He was simply confined to his basket until he grew and was able to escape the woven structure. Besides, Orchu had entrusted Nixsi to look after the basket for the day and she wasn't going to let him down. "Well..." The mare frowned. "I wouldn't put it as what the basket can do, but more what's inside the basket." Her voice was thoughtful as she replied to him. The mare tilted her head as he proceeded to back away from the basket in, what was unmistakably, shook. "I take it you've never seen a basket with a foal in it before?" She questioned in a light tone. That would explain why he hadn't understood at first that the basket was company. Nixsi waited another moment; looking back and forth between Moose's basket and the brown stallion. "Excuse me..." She finally spoke; directing her words at the stallion. "I don't think we've met before. What is your name?" She attempted an affable smile at him while she spoke.

The humming noise from the basket eventually faded out as Moose woke up again. The sudden pause in between all the conversation going on around him had made him uncomfortable while he was sleeping; it was almost as if he was being watched. And the fool had an uncanny feeling that that was exactly what was happening. Snorting a few times, Moose began to move about it his basket again; causing it to wriggle about. After a minute or so of this he stopped moving; swiveling his ears about listening for the sounds of the voices of the others around him. When no voices could be heard Moose grew upset again and he whinnied several times before going back to tossing and turning in anguish inside his basket.

Nixsi noticed the impatient demeanor of the white stallion and thought that he must have realized who she was by now and must be in a hurry to get away from her. What could she possibly do to make Kai change his mind? The mare was taken aback when Kai spoke to her; but it wasn't the fact that he spoke to her that surprised her. It was his tone. He spoke as if they had never met before; as if he didn't remember her. Was it actually possible that Kai still hadn't recognized her? "No... I'm fine... thank you." Her words were emotionless and insincere. Nixsi couldn't find the will to care how she sounded at that moment and her crystal blue eyes feel upon the ground as she tried to hide the emotions that were daring to show themselves through her eyes.

--------------------

"Well. I've always seen baskets used for carrying things.. But I've never heard of a basket carrying a foal." He pointed out reasonably, his tone friendly. He wasn't used to an idea of a foal in a basket because the concept was so foreign to him.. but than again, this was a strange strange world where many things happen. "Things could be stranger than a foal in a basket." He told himself as he shrugged his shoulders.

In fact, he had been too occupied with the basket incident to notice the hostile tension in the air. But now that it was over and done with.. he couldn't see how he hadn't seen it earlier. With a glance from Kai to the mare.. It would appear that these two had some sort of history. Although it wasn't discernible, it was unmistakable. The signs were clear. The mare looked and probably felt hurt.. and Kai was ignoring her with as if he wanted to be on the farthest ends of earth rather than being here. Shifting his hooves to one side, his neon green eyes observed the situation.. I feel like I'm intruding on a lovers quarrel. Unfortunately, he didn't know how right he was.

A little distracted in his thoughts, the question caught him a little off-guard. With a slight hesitant edge to his voice, "No, I don't think we've met before... My name is Rohan." With a glance towards Kai. He could have at least introduced himself.. Or so was the silent message he sent the other stallion.

"Introduce himself?" At he sent the other stallion a deep scowl. At least he wasn't already gone. And he wouldn't have been here, if Rohan hadn't been so god-damn curious in the first place.. Or so, he thought angrily. They could have left sooner if not for the basket too. Although.. Wasn't it common knowledge that foals came from baskets? Or did Rohan just not know? The thought crossed his mind only for a moment before returning back to the matter at hand.

He didn't dare look at the mare before him, but he did manage to cast a glance at the basket beside her. She guarded it so protectively.. Was it hers? The thought suddenly struck his mind. Blinded by anger, and quite typical of a male to believe the first though that came to mind.. He felt a rush of jealousy wash over him. If he could get angrier.. no, it wasn't possible. Although he did want to go kill someone. But that could wait for later.. How he would enjoy it... As a grim smile spread across his face.

But the question was.. Why was he getting so angry over a mare? There were a few that he admired and respected but normally between a mare and him, there were no feelings of attachment whatsoever. When he departed, he left with feelings of satisfaction maybe, but never anger or sadness, or any similar emotion. But maybe the answer for that, was Nixsi was like anyone that he had ever consorted with either.. But was that true?

--------------------

Nixsi tilted her head at the stallion's words. "Really?" Her tone had a hint of what one could consider doubt to it. "All foals are placed in baskets when they are first born... Well to my knowledge at least." It was true the mare had never heard of a foal not being placed in a basket though she supposed that anything was possible. Her azure eyes fell back upon the basket as she wondered about it; thinking that maybe Rohan had a point for wondering about the basket and saying he had only ever seen them used for carrying things. After all, Nixsi had never seen a foal just after birth and it was somewhat a mystery how they got into the basket. She hadn't even considered asking Orchu if he had seen Moose before he was placed into his basket. Somehow it didn't seem all that relevant though. Shortly enough Moose would be able to leave his basket and then everyone would see him. Perhaps things were best that way? Her eyes focused on the basket for a moment longer before resting upon the brown stallion hovering over her. "It's a pleasure to meet you Rohan. My name is Nixsi." She gave him a polite nod as well as a small smile. A few moments passed in silence and the mare's smile quickly faded when she noticed Rohan looking at Kai; obviously gesturing him to introduce himself as well. Although they already knew each other Rohan wasn't aware of that and Nixsi's eyes fell upon her hooves; wondering just what Kai would do. The mare endured more silence before cautiously her eyes focused back upon Kai. Nixsi frowned slightly when she noticed Kai was staring fixedly upon the basket by her side. She wondered what the stallion could be thinking and she also took a moment to look back down at the mostly black basket by her side. Suddenly a thought struck the mare. He... He doesn't think that it's mine... does he? Her mouth opened slightly as if to protest; yet she quickly closed it. Her thoughts fled through her head rapidly as she tried to think of a way to explain the situation. Looking back at Rohan she smiled politely. "Have you ever seen a foal before Rohan? They are rather adorable. This foal belongs to a good friend of mine; he asked me to look after his foal for the day. He thought it may be good for me." She gave a light chuckle before continuing. "He now has nine offspring with his mate. They make a lovely family." Again a small smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she thought of Orchu, his mate Kasumi and all their children.

--------------------

Judging by the basket, the parents must have been indeed lovely, or physically-wise. The basket was a simple yet handsome in it's own unique way.. and whatever soquili that would have come out of it would had to have been gorgeous in the very least. However, he felt a wave of relief rush over him when he realized that it wasn't Nixsi's basket.. and his attitude towards the mare softening enough that he dropped the scowl.

He was acting childishly to her, he realized. It really wasn't any of her fault after all that she was here. It wasn't as if she had known that -he- would have been here either. "I suppose I'm just mad at myself really." He thought to himself, as he acknowledged the fact. With a sigh, he resigned himself to the situation. The situation depended on his choice of action after all.

He shifted his hooves from side to side, slightly uncomfortable but willing enough, "How have you been doing Nixsi?" Striving to make amends in his own way. His voice was relaxed as usual but friendly.. In a sense, he was apologizing maybe? Obviously, he hadn't said outright that he was sorry for his rude behavior.. But than again, he wasn't going to apologize for his actions however with his -other- friend Rohan there. It seemed likely like that idiot would gloat. "It's not often that I find my friends around these parts.." Gesturing with a shake of his head to the surroundings.

With absolutely no clue as to what action to take for the situation, Rohan was glad that Kai had taken the initiative. He wasn't one to play negotiator or matchmaker or would he ever. If he was to even TRY.. It was surely no doubt that someone would be hating the other. With a wry grin, He came to realize that this situation only furthered his theory of love and mares. That love was a ridiculous albeit happy emotion that influenced both stallions and mares to act stupidly.. well stupid.

Life would be so much easier without mares if only you could live without them, He told himself, smiling and silently amused at at his turn of thoughts. From meeting a new friend only to come with extra baggage. Typical of the gadji!~ He thought as he tried to suppress a sudden chuckle. Indeed, ohmy. Luckily, he had never chanced to encounter a mare that would make him act like an mindless idiot. Although it may not have been considered idiotic to others. But to each his or her own. It was a free world after all.

"Hmm. Should I leave now?" He asked himself thoughtfully. The situation at hand was going alone fine but did Kai want him to stay? Shooting a questioning glance at the other stallion, He didn't want to interrupt the conversation.

--------------------

Nixsi was glad to notice that it seemed her attempt to resolve the situation had been somewhat prosperous considering Kai's expression had visibly lightened. The mare wondered what he was thinking; a long moment of silence passed by the three adults and Moose was still humming ever so quietly within his woven confines, undoubtedly asleep. She hoped Kai would be somewhat glad to see her now that he had what one may consider a 'change of heart'. However things were still unclear considering how reserved of a character he could be at times. The mare was startled by the tone of Kai's voice; even though it was familiar it felt unfamiliar as well. Nixsi wasn't sure if it was simply her imagination or if Kai had in fact changed. "I've been alright... Nothing to complain about." A small smile graced her lips; it felt nice to talk to Kai once again considering they hadn't come across one another in a while. However that feeling escaped the mare's system in one foul swoop. 'It's not often that I find my friends around these parts. The words had a deafening ring and they repeated what seemed to be nearly a hundred times in the mare's ears. Friends... We're... just friends.... The mare had a dazed look in her eyes as she repeated that thought thrice over in her head; though she didn't believe it. Was it possible that Kai simply thought of Nixsi as a friend and nothing more? Were all the emotions Nixsi had for the stallion a waste? No... She told herself; knowing there was something between them even if he wouldn't admit it. And yet... the mare knew it was impossible to force something on another. The azure eyes monotonously lifted to stare at the brown stallion; unknowing whether or not she should be the one to respond to his question since it appeared to be directed at Kai. Besides; what would she say even if she did answer? The mare was too upset thinking about her present relations with Kai to worry about if the other stallion was there or not. Nixsi felt ashamed simply thinking such thoughts; it was certainly unlike her to not care about another yet she couldn't help it at the moment.

--------------------

"Nothing to complain about?" He said, with a nod of his head. "That's good to hear. Problems aren't something one should ask for." Problems only caused trouble after all. And his life was full of problems, Kai stared at the mare carefully however, wondering how she would react to his sudden kindness. She gave him a smile in return, and he knew she didn’t deserve it. Especially for his earlier actions.

But her smile didn't last for long. It fell as quickly as it came. It gave him some satisfaction to see how his words hurt her.. But there was also the strange mixture of satisfaction mingled with feelings of guilt. "Was that necessary?" He asked himself silently, wondering if he could have phrased his words better.. Unfortunately it was. The stallion smiled a slightly strained grin at the mare, before directing his attentions to his friend.

"Great Idea. I'm sure that Nixsi would like to have some time alone with... the basket after all." Throwing his head back, to give a grin to his friend who appeared to be hesitant and doubtful but willing to leave. The sooner, the better he would be able to get out of this situation. He knew his actions could be determined as cowardly, but to be honest. He couldn’t have cared any less.

--------------------

Nixsi slowly nodded her head though she only half heard Kai's words. "No..." She added quietly. "They aren't..." Her voice trailed off as she stared blankly at some point on the ground; though the point was fuzzy since her concentration was decreasing as her thoughts began to multiply. Kai was talking to her so nonchalantly as if they conversed daily; Nixsi wondered how he could still be so reserved at such a time. Especially when her head as well as her heart were viciously racing. In a way it was unfair; the stallion seemed so unaffected by it all well the mare was causing herself to suffer. Though Nixsi knew that she shouldn't think such things. It was irresponsible to feel sorry for one self and one should always look out for the sake of others. If Kai seemed happy then shouldn't she be happy for him? The mare allowed her eyes to flicker upon the stallion's face. She wouldn't necessarily describe him as happy... Though he didn't look relatively upset either. Perhaps he had found a happy medium. Again the mare couldn't help but wonder how it was possible for him to not be upset in the least. The mare watched curiously as Kai turned to address Rohan; listening closely to his every word. The mare's eyes widened in surprise at his suggestion. He was able to act basically as if nothing had happened between them in the past except for being mere acquaintances and now he was going to leave and continuing acting as if everything was alright or something? Nixsi was becoming further distraught every second and she felt the warm sting of tears at the corners of her eyes. She certainly could be emotional at times. The mare turned her head away; wishing not to look at Kai as she spoke though she knew she would have to if she were to penetrate him in any way. "Kai." Her tone was serious and her eyes were unwavering as she stared into his emerald orbs. "I would prefer some alone time with the basket and you." Nixsi didn't mean to offend the other stallion and she hoped he would understand her situation even though he wasn't aware of the history between them.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:13 am
.Twilight :: Arctica and Raphael.
.Date :: Nov. 9, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Twilight.' :: 1.
.xxx.

A black and white mare lay upon the cold ground beneath a thick tree that was quickly shedding it's few remaining leaves. The branches were almost completely bare as the mare's gray eyes looked up after a dainty leaf had fallen onto her head from above. A velvety blue coated the sky's canvas during; twilight was always a beautiful and rather peaceful time of the day. The mare shook her mane causing the tiny braids in her hair to create clickity sounds as the beads holding them clashed into one another. She sighed and closed her eyes for a minute or two as she embraced the cold air surrounding her. The weather was steadily growing colder, and for Arctica that meant only one thing. Winter was coming. Winter was the mare's favorite season; she loved watching the snow fall and seeing the sparkling white crystals coating the earth. It was all so magical one could say, and that was somewhat how Arctica felt during that time of year. It was odd in a sense; the mare's favorite seasons all followed one another. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. She smiled to herself, picturing snow falling from the gray clouds covering the sky. Soon enough white flakes would coat the ground once more as soon as winter began.

--------------------

In one sense, Arctica could almost be the poster child for introspection. Quiet, meditative, unmoving...she was a picturesque image of the serene and mental. However, the quiet image of mare and landscape was perhaps trying fate, testing it to be broken by some raucous happening; in that sense, it was only a matter of time before something happened to shake thing up.

It was likely the thuds that were the first sign, the heavy thud of hooves against frozen ground. As more time passed, the thudding became louder, then louder, then finally reached its maximum volume as the source burst out of the woods and raced across the open bit of plain. Blonde hair streamed from neck and rump, and the last rays of the dying sun glinted on golden hooves, golden feathers, and a single golden horn; twilight and dawn had always been flattering to the features of Raphael.

Such things were lost on the stallion as he ran, though, his mind instead full of thoughts of youthful abandon. Specifically, his abandonment of Zaris, his father's hawk familiar and Raphael's near-constant companion for the last few weeks.

While a good bird, Zaris had a bad habit of being...well, to put it bluntly, insufferable. Always moralizing, always preaching, always saying 'if I were you', his prescence was enough to grate on even the usually affable Raphael. Today, though, after days of effort, Raphael had FINALLY gotten Zaris to leave. Granted, he had sent him after his younger brother, but whatever it took. Ae was pretty mellow, he'd be able to deal with Zaris. And in the meantime, he was FREE!

Which was why he was celebrating with a mad gallop through the countryside, his pleasure at being on his own broadcast to all and sundry by his laughing visage and energetic caperings. This was AWESOME!

--------------------

The mare's ears swiveled upon her head as a distant sound was progressively invading the silence. A slight frown appeared on Arctica's face as she tried to discern what the noise was. Tilting her body to one side she looked over her shoulder; her gray eyes scanning along the edge of the clearing where it converged with the forest. The noise was steadily growing louder and louder until it was so close Arctica thought that the noise might even be her heart pounding rapidly in her chest. The mare watched in surprise as a stream of blue and gold raced out of the forest and galloped off across the clearing. At once she was on her feet and cantering after the creature. Arctica assumed it was another Soquili; it had to have been. Although it was moving much faster than she was the mare kept her eyes focused upon the other. The mare suddenly halted, stumbling a bit as she did so. Why was she chasing after the other Soquili? It was doubtful she would catch up to them... The mare suddenly looked hopefully as she thought about whinnying to them so they would notice her presence. A frown quickly appeared on her face again though as she realized that she didn't have anything to talk to them about even if they did notice her and then it return come back to speak to her. These thoughts as well as a mixture of other ones quickly drifted in and out of the mare's head. What was she to do? She closed her eyes for a second before opening them again. Again she began to canter after the other, who was steadily increasing the distance between them. Arctica whinnied loudly hoping to catch their attention, though she didn't try to think any further than that for the time being.

--------------------

Raphael wasn't expecting to encounter someone else. It wasn't that he thought he was alone; indeed, he knew that there were other Soquili out and about. But to encounter someone else while on his madcap run wasn't something he'd thought about, and to have actually missed the fact someone else was around was..

Well, remarkably unobservant, for one thing. But just because he hadn't seen didn't mean that he couldn't hear.

At the sound of the whinny, Raphael paused, turning his head back over his shoulder to look back at the source. At the sight of the mare running along after him he blinked, uncertain as to why she would be running after him (or even running at all, when she had wings!). But whatever the reasoning, running was just what she was doing, and he wasn't the type to ignore someone that was trying to get his attention.

Digging in his feet, he capered to a halt, slowing as the mare continued to approach and turning to look back in her direction. Though still breathing a bit hard, he was nevertheless quick to compose himself, giving the mare a smile of greeting. "Hello there."

--------------------

After noticing the stallion halt Arctica decreased her pace to a trot until she reached him. She took a few moments to catch her breath before attempting a smile at the stallion. "Hi..." She said somewhat breathlessly still. The mare opened her mouth again. "I..." Suddenly a cold fear spread through her body. What was she to say to the stallion? 'I was just following you because well I saw you and was curious...' Definitely not. 'Isn't it a beautiful night?' No. 'Hi I'm Arctica, what's your name?' Still no. "I... I..." The mare stuttered trying to come up with something to say fast in hopes of resurrecting this horrific situation she now found herself in. "I... I'm really sorry to bother you." She managed in a quiet voice; quickly averting her gaze to her hooves as a blush from embarrassment formed upon her -thankfully- black cheeks. "It's just that... you startled me someone when I saw you dart out of the forest and I... well I just happen to wonder what you were in a rush for." She looked back up at the stallion; still holding her head low and a minuscule yet coy grin tried to make its way upon the mare's face. It was at least a decent response she hoped after making a complete fool out of herself.

--------------------

...Well then. As the mare cantered to a halt, Raphael stood patiently, waiting with mild curiosity for whatever it was that the mare had to say. After all, she had to have some reason for coming after him, and no obvious reason was coming to him.

Until she proceeded to explain, and then it was like a light bulb came on. "Ah...I guess that seeing a Soquili running along like a bat out of hell isn't a common occurrence...or if it is, it isn't something I'm familiar with. I really can't say I've seen it before, so...yeah." Rubbing the back of his head with a wing, Raphael gave the mare a somewhat sheepish smile; from a third-party point of view he supposed his explanation was a bit weak, if not flat-out silly. But such was life sometimes. "Well, I can honestly tell you that it's not for a dramatic reason. I suppose you could call it a bit of a private celebration."

Ditching a nattering bird was certainly cause for a celebration, after all.

--------------------

The mare listened as the stallion began explaining himself; though she was rather confused by everything he was saying. "A bat... out of hell?" Arctica's eyes widened some as an image was concocted in her head of a red fiery pit sort of thing that was 'hell' and a huge black bat flying out of it. Somehow that didn't seem possible and the mare closed her eyes and violently shook her head; trying to rid herself of that image. Again the mare focused on the stallion's words. "Celebration?" She repeated. That sounded really interesting... Arctica wondered if he meant something like a party; though decided that was somewhat foolish. A small frown appeared on her face but shook it off. Focusing back on the stallion she asked him, "What were you celebrating?" Her voice was a mixture of anxiousness and a tone of excitement. If there was a celebration something most likely exciting would have happened. After the mare heard herself and she realized how child-like she must sound to this stallion. Giving a small cough she once again averted her gaze to her front hooves. Arctica shifted her feathered wings upon her back and she hoped the stallion wouldn't be annoyed by her inquisitive behavior. Generally she was much quieter and not as open as she was acting at the moment.

--------------------

"Yeah...never mind that. Just a figure of speech." And apparently one that she hadn't heard before, if she was reacting to the saying with such confusion. Then again, it WAS sort of a weird phrase; he'd never seen any hell-bats himself, and from what he'd seen thus far in his life bats were actually nice creatures. Ah well.

Deciding it was best to simply move on, Raphael gave the mare a chuckle; it was a change of pace to be asked what he was doing in a tone completely lacking in censure. After all, if there was one thing Zaris was good at, it was lecturing; curiousity was a vast improvement, and something he was more than willing to deal with.

"As a matter of fact, I'm celebrating independence, Miss. Up until very recently, every step I took was dogged by a markedly tenacious hawk with a sharp tongue and a holier-than-thou attitude. You might look at me and see an adult, but as far as Zaris is concerned, I'm still a child that ought to stay close to home and listen unswervingly to my father. Nice bird, terrible letting-go abilities."

--------------------

The mare attempted a polite grin at the stallion; silently agreeing to make nothing more of the bat-from-hell comment that had created a pinch of confusion between them. The mare blinked up at the stallion when he laughed; not really understanding what he was chuckling at. Arctica tilted her head slightly and a frown tugged at the corners of her mouth. Again the mare was confused when the other began telling her just what he was celebrating. "Independence?" She repeated quietly; more to herself than him even. It seemed like an interesting way to put it. Despite not having a sharp-toothed hawk as the stallion seemed to have; Arctica was able to understand where he was coming from in a sense. "My father was over protective of me when I was a foal so I know what's it's like to gain freedom in a way for the first time." A friendly smile slowly spread over the mare's face. "However, I do have to say that I think you and I both have quite out grown that stage where we need to be watched over... Though I haven't exactly known you long enough to be able to defend that statement." The mare giggled slightly at her words; trying to be somewhat entertaining was a change of pace for the mare, as well as trying to be affable.

--------------------

It was so much better to have things make sense to all parties involved in a conversation; explaining oneself meant a lot of wasted time and in some cases STILL didn't clear things up between the individuals involved.

Consequently, it was in many ways a relief to see the look of understanding spread across the mare's face. He understood that there were some Soquilis out there that liked explaining things; he himself just happened to NOT be one of them.

Returning the grin with one of his own, he acknowledged her jest with a chuckle. "Well, I like to think of myself as at passably grown up; I'm the same height as my father, therefore I am grown up in the most basic determiner of maturity. However, I grant that there is more to being an adult than size." After all, some oldsters were tiny and some foals were enormous! It would be a silly Soquili who thought that mental maturity and physical maturity were the same thing...

"And I'm Raphael, by the way."

--------------------

Arctica carefully took in all of the stallion's words making sure to follow the point he seemed to be trying to make. However; it was all rather confusing since he contradicted himself and on different levels the mare agreed with both of his assessments. "Not to sound presumptuous, but I personally consider myself mature enough to qualify for adult standards; though I'm sure everyone can act somewhat immature and irresponsible at times. Though, I'm sure my father sometimes considers me to still be a foal that needs to be watched over. Maybe it's because he is a taller than myself." She grinned at the stallion. Suddenly the mare realized she was ranting about her opinions and such. "Excuse me." She quickly apologized. "I got rather carried away." A light blush crept upon her cheeks and her voice was quiet. At that moment the mare was thankfully her coat was predominantly black; hoping the dark color concealed her temporary embarrassment. The mare's gray eyes focused back on the stallion and she nodded her head to him. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance Raphael. I'm Arctica." Again a small smile tugged at the corners of the mare's lips.

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff