Welcome to Gaia! ::

11th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

This is where the 11th Annual Ball will be planned! 

Tags: eleventh, annual, ball, roleplaying, official 

Reply яєcуcℓє вιи
THEME VOTING: Chapter 3 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vote:
  Space
  Classic Literature
  Music Genres
  Land of Oz
  Museum
View Results

Robayn
Vice Captain

Survivor

13,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Party Machine 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:53 pm
Here's the drill, folks. To get this sorted out quick an clean, but also with a measure of fairness, there will be multiple threads with other themes to vote on. I have tried to fit each of the more popular ideas into separate threads so as to not make anyone choose between them too soon, but you will have to eventually.

Also, while it's still in this stage, I would like you to post when you vote. Copy the code below and fill it out, please. If you are having a hard time coming up with an idea now then dont't sweat it. These voting threads will be here until the weekend is over. If you still can't come up with an idea by then just vote and post your idea later if it is relevant to do so in the later stages of voting.

[size=15][color=mediumorchid]
[b][INSERT USERNAME HERE][/b] is voting for [b][INSERT THEME HERE][/b] because they have THIS awesome idea for it: [b][INSERT IDEA FOR PLOT or ROOM or even CHARACTERS][/b]
[/color][/size]

* Space Theme
* Classic Literature Theme
* Music Genre Theme
* The Land of Oz -- may no longer be under copyright
* Museum Theme  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:02 pm

jessieomer is voting for Classical Literature because they have THIS awesome idea for it: Theres this Jane Austen game on Facebook where Darcy and Elizabeth are able to move into other Jane Austen novels, and you pretty much have to find them and figure out how they are moving from book to book.I thought it was pretty cool.

jessieomer
Crew

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

AugureyRiddle

Irregular Genius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:52 pm

ZoieAmandaSaxon is voting for Land of Oz because they have THIS awesome idea for it:
Rooms:
Munchkin Land: The Munchkins, the Good Witch of the South (Addaperle), the Wicked Witch of the East
Emerald City: The Wiz (Wizard), the gate keeper, citizens of Oz
The Wicked Witch of the West's land, with flying monkeys and winkies
The Good Witch of the North, Glinda
The Forest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:00 pm

Mademoiselle Alvinette is voting for Classic Literature in this poll! because they have THIS awesome idea for it: As with TV Land and Historical Eras in the other threads/polls, Classic Literature would be splendid because it's just so diverse! There's a genre for everyone! For horror buffs, there are a lot of classic horror novels that pretty much set the tone for the way horror evolved (Dracula and Frankenstein being the two biggest here). For mystery buffs, there's everything from cozies to hard-boiled private-eye thrillers. For romance, you have everything from light comedies to gothic-horror stories. Then there's fantasy, mythology, and of course, ENDLESS possibilities for crossovers! Maybe have a bookstore or library theme to tie it all together. Like if there were an antique bookstore (like the kind you see in old spy movies emotion_dowant (I know, I know, "get off the spy stuff, Alv!" Can't help it...it's been an obsession of mine for years; ask Chibi! Anyhoooooo...) where the books were magical and all the characters could visit the pages of any story they wanted, but all the crossovers started messing up the stories (I guess sort of like The Nightmare Before Christmas, but with MORE crossovers). For instance, the teen girls from the YA romance books could start pestering the vampires in the classic horror books and making their lives miserable. Or a hard-boiled PI from a Dashiell Hammett-esque book finds himself mobbed by all the Bennett sisters from Pride and Prejudice. Or spies from a spy novel find themselves in a Jane Austen-era village where NOTHING REMOTELY DANGEROUS EVER HAPPENS! (Kind of like when Catherine Morland is all excited about going to Northanger Abbey because she thinks she's about to see Gothic novels play out in real life, only that totally doesn't happen!) Yeah, I know, I make no sense...this is why I usually stay out of plot discussions. sweatdrop

Jessie: That Facebook game sounds totally awesome! heart There's also a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure-esque book called Lost in Austen (by Emma Campbell Webster) that I've looked at in the bookstore, and it has a similar setup. It looks like fun! whee

/babbling  

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Crew

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150

PinkieKitty
Crew

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:38 pm

Pinkiekitty is voting for Classic Literature because they have THIS awesome idea for it: I have posted a large nerdy list of different books in the original theme suggestion before, but books have the potential to create many, many distinct and diverse rooms in the same way that dreams did last year. A party on the river for Huck Finn, a high seas adventure for Moby d**k, a mysterious castle for Frankenstein or Dracula, a 20s Jazz Age Party for the Great Gatsby. The possibilities are limitless.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:51 pm

Cronic Hiccups is voting for Classic Literature because they have THIS awesome idea for it: I was instantly drawn to it seeing I love great literature~ A-And... Could it be possible for one of the rooms to be William Faulkner themed? He has such ridiculous characters. Oh, Darl...

Derpy Seviper

Timid Gawker

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Viridian Borne

Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:55 pm

[VIRIDIAN BORNE] is voting for [LAND OF OZ] because they have THIS awesome idea for it: [I absolutely love Wicked and am in love with the idea of doing a land of oz theme. Kind of like in wicked where the wizard of oz is actually not so great. Each of the rooms mentioned in Zoie's post would either have a so-called 'wicked' witch or 'wacky' wizard. This could turn out rather silly really with flying monkeys and what not. A school setting could be played too where people prepare to fight the wizard.]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:03 pm
Monkey D-E Kuromiko is voting for Museum Theme. because they have THIS awesome idea for it: as mention by the person who posted this idea you could have someone from five of the different sections of a museum to be guarding the 'special objects' that are needed to put the people back in their correct places in the museum  

Zandera L Xanthrid

Desirable Gekko

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Robayn
Vice Captain

Survivor

13,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Party Machine 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:07 pm

[robayn] is voting for [MUSEUMS because they have THIS awesome idea for it: [TYRANNOSAURUS REX's HAVE TINY ARMS!!!]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:20 pm

[Sari1995] is voting for [Classic Literature] because they have THIS awesome idea for it: [Yet again has something for everyone. Also, if we wanted to, we could have a Land of Oz themed room. The Wizard of Oz is a classic book.]

Sari1995

Blessed Friend

Meilkor

Tiny Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:21 pm

[Jeffrey M Roth] is voting for [Museum] because they have THIS awesome idea for it: [NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM WAS SO GOOD AND IDK BUT MY BRAIN IS DEFAULTING TO THAT??!! Also museums are delicious.]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Pink in Style is voting for Music Genre because they have THIS awesome idea for it: We can have lots of different musical rooms that have different types of music. (if there were a Vocaloid room I would die of happiness =u=)

Akari Arima

Friendly Cutie-Pie

23,975 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Object of Affection 150

PolishPanda123

Greedy Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:48 pm

PolishPanda123 is voting for Classic Literature because they have THIS awesome idea for it: The different rooms could be plays/musicals that are well-known such as Romeo and Juliet, Fiddler on the Roof, The Sound of Music, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:41 pm

MystMist is voting for Classical Literature because they have THIS awesome idea for it: [Sherlock Holmes,Treasure Island and Robinson Crusoe but with more people on the island]

MystMist
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

tiny plant

Inquisitor

19,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:14 am

[Sunshine Molotov] is voting for [Classic Literature] because they have THIS awesome idea for it: [Do you know how much of a bookworm I am? Oh! Bookworms, that gives me an idea. We could have the ballgoers transported into a story (for example, Pride & Prejudice, To Kill a Mockingbird, Oliver Twist etck) and they quickly realise something is wrong (be it with the characters, or the actual story's plot). They discover that the stories are being distorted because bookworms are eating various parts of story. The ballgoers have to find a way to set the stories back on track, and defeat the bookworms before they devour the entire book!]

яєcуcℓє вιи

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff