Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Blessed Be Newstand - - [guild newspapers] - - FEBRUARY 2013 NOW AVAILABLE!
April 2008

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:27 pm
User Image

Hey guys! biggrin

I'd like to thank you all for stopping by to read the April newsletter. In case some of you didn't get a chance to read the March newspaper, here's a little re-cap of an important change in how the newspapers will be done...

Blessed_Scribe
That being said, there's going to be a few changes with how the newspaper is ran. The Blessed Be Newspaper will now be a Sabbatly newspaper. Which means that we will only release the issues on months when there is a Sabbat. So, there will only be 8 issues on the newspaper each year. And for the four months that don't have a newspaper, there will be a small guild newsletter so that you can all be filled in on what's going on in the guild.

---------------

What's coming in the May 2008 newspaper?
- Being that there's a Sabbat in May, we will have an actual newspaper.
- We will have a Beltane and a Samhain article!

---------------

Table of Contents:
- Letters to the Editors
- Guild Happenings
- Members Section  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:34 pm
User Image

Do you have a question for one of our newspaper editors (it can be about the newspaper, something you read in the newspaper, about the guild... about anything really)? Or maybe you want to leave some feedback but wanted to leave it anonymously so that only the editors knew it was you who said it?

If you have a question (on any subject) that you'd like to ask, please send a PM to Blessed_Scribe. Our current editor is dark_angel_32189 and our co-editors are Kareena80, koudelkaW, and WelkingPath. You can also choose to have the questions answered by a certain editor if you'd like. Also, in your PM please specify whether or not you want us to post your question or comment anonymously. If you don't specify this then your username will be published along with your comment/question.

We look forward to reading/answering all of your questions/comments!

P.S. Just like anything else with the newspaper... if you send in a question and it gets published, you will receive some free gold!  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:36 pm
User Image

What all happened in the guild during March 2008?

- March 1st: Congratulations to `Mitsuki Yamada` and too2sweet for winning our monthly guild lotto!

- March 6th: Our copy cat contest was a tie! Congratulations to our winners: ElikAruna and Lorielei Earthe! We'd also like to congratulate Lorielei Earthe and Mad Madam Mimm for tying in our Works of fiction contest.

- March 17th: Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! You can go here to check out the party guestbook and to see all of the fun everyone had!

The March 2008 issue of the newspaper is now available for you to read!

- March 20th: We hope you all have a blessed Ostara/Mabon! You can go here to check out the party guestbook. Congratulations to too2sweet for winning our Ostara/Mabon poetry contest!

- March 28th: Congratulations to shaddowchild for winning our copy cat contest!

---------------

What to expect in the guild during April 2008?
- Our guild's two year anniversary is coming up on the 16th! whee You know what that means!... PARTY TIME!! blaugh

Be sure to keep your eyes on the guild's announcement thread for more information on the party (things such as starting and ending dates and location).

Also, if you have any ideas/suggestions for party games and contests, please post them in this thread. Any ideas that we use will earn you gold!

It's going to be a great party and we hope to see you all there!

---------------

What's currently going on in the guild?

- Up for some discussion? Why not check out some of our biggest topics currently taking place in the main forum? These topics include, but are certainly not limited to: Male Witches, Ghost Busters!, Wiccans don't have to be Witches, and Online divination less accurate?.

- We've got some new guides and classes in The Academy.

There is now a guide on sigil making, a guide on scrying, and on Shamanism.

There is now a class on dragon magick.

We're always looking for new teachers, too. So, if you'd like to teach a class or lesson, or maybe make a little guide for how to do something, please check out this thread. It's a paying job, so you benefit from doing it as well!

- We also have a new Witch's Glossary in The Library.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:37 pm
User Image

We had quite a few people join our guild in March. We'd appreciate it if you could make them all feel welcome.

~Dagda~The~Powerful, neysita, hisoka.kurosaki.Y.N.M, Shikyo Usuigu, Rubby Fun, loopylogus14, Nannaw, that pretty rave girl, Lord Ragamuffin, mYRaInb0wS0cKsRoNfirE, Alice in Dystopia, MagickSlushii, The_Radish, Fer33, Tanshin Hogosha, Oni Nekosan, Alusing Vladimir, Avery Sky, Blind_Witch, MissMurderknot, Lurking 1.0, Thorn Ella, beckyrose_123, Venus Minora, HelenaHazel23Rettle, Domdaniel, Raissa Firehawk, xBillieXAngelx, x-Akki-Hime-x, Faeryselene, ambercrystal

----------------

April Birthdays:
April 2nd - - anime_dreamer_v93
April 3rd - - Zsa Zsa
April 6th - - Purus-Ignis
April 7th - - Squeek Panda Bear
April 8th - - HiddenBeliefs
April 9th - - Earth_Star101, FaelaStar and Star Nightshade
April 10th - - Jasujo and vera1410
April 12th - - Xamthia
April 13th - - The Spam Fairy
April 14th - - Ich bin Nackt
April 15th - - Indigo Star Child
April 16th - - The guild's birthday!!
April 17th - - NeonHellcat
April 19th - - booo27 and belle419
April 20th - - Kayne Aiya
April 22nd - - DragonSummoner66 and `My Little p***s`
April 23rd - - Professor Mills and sweetiedrkangl666999
April 25th - - Tallulah Taye
April 26th - - Nebril Firechild
April 27th - - CronoKinslayer
April 28th - - ~Dagda~The~Powerful and RaFfLeZ
April 29th - - xox_SKULLz_xox
April 30th - - Midoriko Hyuuga

If you'd like to be added to our birthday list, please click here.

----------------

User Image

I'd like to apologize for not having a "Member of the Month" this month. If there's anyone that you would like to nominate, please send a PM to dark_angel_32189. smile

----------------

We have a lot of very talented, creative members in the guild. This is their spotlight!

Here's the winning poem from the Mabon/Ostara Poetry Contest!

SPRING
By too2sweet

Fresh buds in bloom
The air’s so sweet
A new day dawns
Spring’s special treat

The birds and bees
Fly to and fro
It’s nature’s dance
The earth’s aglow

Our earth renews
Herself each year
The light returns
So bright and dear

The little sprouts
Begin to grow
Nourished gently
By melting snow

So at this time
We feel the need
To celebrate
This blessed deed

With joyfulness
Within our hearts
We’ll dance and sing
As Spring now starts

Want your artwork (drawings, poetry, photography, etc) to be featured here? Then, contact dark_angel_32189 (Maggie) for more details. You will receive payment for any of your artwork that is published in the newspaper.  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:11 pm
User Image

This is the spot where you can advertise just about anything you want.

Want to advertise your quest? Do you want to advertise something you're trying to sell? Or maybe you're looking for a mentor.

Whatever it may be, this is the place to do it!

It's completely free. All you have to do is send a PM to me, Blessed_Scribe, with your ad and which months issue you'd like it to be in. It can be as many months as you'd like, not just one.

--------------------

WelkingPath
I'm currently a Vice Captain of the guild "Open Minds, Open Hearts", and I would love to see more activity there!

User Image

Controller-Tamer
Looking for both a past life reading for myself; and some teachers.

The Teachers I am actively seeking are:
One to teach me to do past life readings
One to teach me advanced divination
And if possible one who can teach me about communing with and seeing spirits.

dark_angel_32189
Need a banner, signature badge, or a bump image? Then please come to Dark Angel's Banner Shop! Prices are low and all proceeds go to the guild. Hope to see you there!

User Image

The Blessed Be Newstand - - [guild newspapers] - - FEBRUARY 2013 NOW AVAILABLE!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games