Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
Polar, Kasey and Cheryl's Teepee Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:22 am
Reserved.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:23 am
.::RP Log - Main Thread::.
.Grandchildren :: Orchu, Aeife, Kanoa, & Linnea.
.Date :: Apr. 29, 2008.
.Pages :: 47851 - 47862.
.Type :: Informal.

Aeife: *trots about* 8D

--------------------

Kanoa: *spots sister* ...?! Whachu doing, prancing around like that?

--------------------

Aeife: *stares at her brother* Um... flaunting my youth? Surely I am entitled to that? =D

--------------------

Kanoa: Don't see anyone to flaunt to, or what you're flaunting, exactly! *oblivious inspection* And ah, I wonder who in the world would grant you such entitlement. I see there's some things in this world crazier than you and Linnea.. *heavy sigh*

--------------------

Orchu:: -looks at his bickering grandchildren with a cocked eyebrow-

--------------------

Aeife: *pouts* It's just because you don't know what you are missing with two beautiful sisters around you all the time. *wanders towards her grandfather in delight*

--------------------

Kanoa: *makes a horrific face at mention of "beautiful sisters"* ... and what, ho!! *runs around Orchu* whooa old gramps! you need some help there? Aeife, come help him in his age!

--------------------

Orchu:: -nuzzles against his granddaughter Aeife affectionately before turning a disapproving eye upon Kanoa- You, ignorant one, need more assistance than I even in my age.

--------------------

Kanoa: ?! what is that, old one? *lifts ear up eagerly with an honest smile*

--------------------

Aeife: But grandfather can still walk can't he? Why do we need to assist him? That would only make him feel old.. >.>;; *nuzzles her grandfather back*

--------------------

Orchu:: -snorts at his insolent grandson and rolls his eyes, reverting his attention back onto Aeife- I do not require assistance and do not refer to me as old. With age comes wisdom young child.

--------------------

Kanoa: ...but isn't he? *confusedso* who needs wisdom when you've got youth? Linnea'll agree! but for you, gramps, I'll play pretend. 83

--------------------

Aeife: Nuh-uh he's just...err...*eyes her grandad* older than mum and dad. That's all. =o

--------------------

Linnea: HEY, dun talk for me Kanoa. >.>

--------------------

Kanoa: Dad's told me that his dad is older than time once... I think... maybe I got it wrong, but I'm sure it's got to be something like that! I mean look at him! *eyes Orchu suspiciously* and Linnea, why would I do such a thing?! ..I talked about you in front of your face! sad

--------------------

Aeife: Linnea's on my team Kanoa. >=D And dad was probably just exaggerating. Nobody can be older than time...right? =o

--------------------

Kanoa: Aeife, I did not know you had a team to begin with! Linnea would be so lost if she's with you; good thing you're both of my younger sisters and have me, otherwise I dunno where you'd all be now~ *hums*

--------------------

Aeife: *sticks her tongue out at her brother* You are only slightly older than us and both Linnea and me have GIRL POWER to get us through anything! >8D

--------------------

Kanoa: ...oh geez. *fakes vomit* Aeife, why didn't you turn out to be a guy?! we could have had fun times~

--------------------

Aeife: Because guys have cooties! XD *runs to a safe*

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:24 am
.::RP Log - Open/Private RP::.
.An Anxious Mare :: Nixsi and Kai.
.Date :: Apr. 30, 2008.
.Pages in '[PRP] An Anxious Mare.' :: 1.
.Type :: Formal.
.Status :: On-Going.
.xxx.

The mare's usually sparkling crystal eyes were rather dull; a glazed and inattentive look in them as her head hung below its usual position and she pawed at the ground with a shaky hoof. She was pacing back and forth every so often, yet she hadn't left that one area for what must have been hours; a noticeable patch of grass flattened in comparison to the other grass in the groove in which she had lethargically wandered to. The mare was unable to process any of her thoughts it seemed; they all simply happened to be jumbled about in her head without any hope of reconciliation. She kept wondering how this all had transpired; she had been steadily gaining weight and it was quite obvious what that meant. However, she couldn't decipher whether or not to be joyful or horrified. In what manner would the stallion that had been involved in such relations with her react when he found out. This question loomed over her head as clear as an effigy; yet the solution was still as intangible as ever. Nixsi wondered if she would even see the stallion again; they didn't cross paths that often. Yet the stallion certainly had expressed before that they had ran into each other more than he would have cared for. The mare released a strangled breath; the bigger question at hand was how to tell the stallion if they did in fact meet again. The frown that adorned her features was terribly out of character for the usually cheerful mare and gave her a haggard appearance. She continued pacing back and forth yet paused every so often when she grew tired; the growing bump in her stomach had matured a great deal and it wore the mare out when she was on her hooves for long amounts of time. Her azure eyes slowly drifted up, dazedly attempting to focus on a nearby tree. Cautiously she meandered over to the base of it, working her way to lay on her side on the ground. It wasn't the most comfortable position yet she figured it would be the most suitable one at the moment given her current circumstance. Nixsi rested her head in the lush green grass that had sprung during the beginning of Spring a few weeks previous. Perhaps she would be able to find some sort of comfort in all of this.

--------------------

It had been a long time, that Kai had ventured into the open. For the recent months or so, He had kept to himself along with a few of his friends. At Kail's request, he reluctantly had agreed to stay at a human teepee until the winter had passed. During the time he had been there, The winter had brought many new arrivals including, one that of a basket.

With an admiring glance towards the grass, he was relieved to see that spring was coming back, once again. As much as he liked the winter, It was unsuitable to travel in. Tossing his braided mane back, he wandered over to a small stream nearby. Using his hooves to shift the stones over, he bent his great head down to pick up a small silver and translucent stone.

With a toss of his head, the stone landed with a small splash in the streams, causing ripples to run over the still water. The water's color had turned dark unlike the many others streams flowing with such crystalline transparency. It only indicated that his future was an unpredicted one. "May spring bring many new surprises." He whispered, with a smile as he watched the small stone sink, until it could sink no more.

--------------------

Nixsi's ears pinned against the back of her head, her eyes tightly shut. A sudden noise had disrupted the serenity that had begun to take hold of the mare. For a few moments she debated whether or not to open her eyes and search for the source of the sound or otherwise keep them as they were and pretend she had heard nothing and perhaps drift off again into a temporary dream-like state. Nixsi decided on the former for two reasons; first because it was more practical and second because she started to feel painful in her current position lying on her side. Begrudgingly the mare sat up, giving a light shake of her head to rid herself of the weary feeling. A slight breeze tossed her light blue mane in the wind. The azure eyes scouted for the source and Nixsi froze in shock when she caught sight of another not to far off in the groove. She was almost certain that it was the stallion of which her thoughts had been previously latched upon. She tilted her head upward trying to get a better view through a few trees. In was indeed Kai; it was obvious from his markings, ones she was rather familiar with from their previous encounters. He hadn't noticed her yet and he was facing with mostly his back towards her; his eyes downcast as he seemed to be studying something. Nixsi frowned wondering what she should do; whether or not to rise to her hooves and wander toward him or to lie low and see if he noticed her. The mare's thoughts were swimming and she found that her body was frozen; unable to move even if she wanted to.

--------------------

The rustling sound of another caught his attention, as his ear perked up slightly.. With an inclination of his head, Perhaps it was Kail or some other soquili had come to fetch him? "But it's a doubtful idea as it appears that they don't want themelves known." He commented, after a few moments of waiting.

If that was the case, "Than it certainly leads one to wonder, who else might be here.." He noted with a inquiring glance. The scent spoke of another soquili, but the scent was too faint to determine if it was friend or foe. He could have very well left the intruder alone.. but his instinct told him otherwise. Following Kali's words, He covered the distance with relative ease, as he approached the other soquili.

However, the sight that greeted him was a surprise, although he may have been expecting it to happen. With a friendly smile, and familiar recognition, "It's been a long time." He said, his voice low and soft. He hadn't forgotten that day, nor would he have forgotten such a person.

--------------------

Apparently Kai had heard her in her flailing to sit up because his ears shifted upon his head and he quickly meandered through the trees to stand near her. Nixsi's mouth opened slightly as she stared at him, somewhat taken aback by him comment. He seemed pleasant for a change upon running into one another. The mare quickly shut her mouth again and nodded her head to him. "Kai." She said, a light and amicable tone to her voice. She waited a few moments unsure what to say next. It seemed as if he has noticed her well.... noticable bump in her stomach; or perhaps he had simply failed to comment on it... Either way the mare was perplexed by the whole situation and she had a strained look upon her delicate features. Staring back up at Kai with her crystal eyes, she felt oddly... Overpowered by him in someway since he was standing there and she was still lying against the base of the tree. She attempted to stand up yet it was a lost cause; it her current position there would be no way to get her feet underneath her stomach and it would appear most unorthodox to the stallion if she used the tree to support her weight as she stood. Giving a defeated sigh the mare continued to lay there; perhaps hormones were what happened to be the cause of the mare's uneasiness and always worried state of mind. Looking up at Kai she pondered asking him for his assistance yet she didn't want to hamper him.

--------------------

Pleasant enough? It was more than that. His experiences in the past months had influenced (or perhaps, a better word for it may have been tamed) his temper along with his tongue quite a bit.

Before, he would have found himself avoiding the mare, but as it were now, he was conversing, and politely as well! But the same couldn't be said for .. Nixsi. Rather, she seemed to be a bit speechless. "Not that it wasn't expected." He thought to himself, with a careless grin.

Despite her surprise, She spoke to him with a remarkably light voice that was conveyed in only a single word.

"How have you been doing these days? Not well I suppose?" It was a subtle remark upon her condition. Ignorant or rather unknowing of the mare's condition, he simply thought that she may have been plagued with a sort of illness that she had not recovered sufficiently from... thus her troubles to support herself.

"Do you need any help?" He inquired, with a lightly curious look.

--------------------

Indeed Nixsi was speechless; Kai's disposition had changed what seemed to be a tremendous amount since their last encounter. She continued to stare up at him; her eyes sparkling in what could only be explained by the word curiosity. Wonder enfolded her mind as she considered what were the things that had brought about this change. Then an idea cause a sensation of dread in her. What if... what if another mare brought about his politely temperament? Nixsi would be heart broken; for she cared deeply for Kai. After all... she was carrying his offspring... how else was she supposed to feel towards the father of her children? Her attention snapped back upon him as he inquired of her well being. "I..." She started but her words faltered. "I've been emotional lately... though that can be expected from the change in hormones." Nixsi was still unsure as to whether or not Kai still hadn't noticed; with her currently pregnant form resting right under his nose. "If you don't mind..." She responded lightly, beaming at the idea of him being around to help her out when she needed. Yet that feeling soon disappeared from the mare as well; knowing how infrequent their meetings were. Somehow both the idea of another mare and the few times they met made Nixsi instantly think that Kai had something with someone else. In the mare's mind that seemed to make sense and she felt tears rising to her eyes; hormones really did have a large effect upon Nixsi's emotions.

--------------------

Granted, he was a bit puzzled by the array of emotions that crossed Nixsi's face, but he didn't think much of it.

Females, he found, tended to be a bit odd in that aspect. Their thinking process was complicated, if not somewhat tedious at times.. But he refrained from saying so.

"If I minded, I would hadn't have bothered to ask, isn't that right?" He replied to her words with friendly sarcasm, as he helped the mare to her feet. With her petite frame, he hardy noticed the weight of the mare. To a stallion of his size, a mare with such proportions was as light as a feather.

Rasing an eyebrow at her strange words, "Raging hormones?" He commented with a questioning yet amused tone. ".. Don't tell me that you found someone else already." He teased, with sparkling eyes. It was understandable that she may have found someone else already.. There were stallions out there that were honest, and kind.

"A perfect couple perhaps." He relected with a smile. But the thought also brought his spirits down a bit. "Although I admit, it's a bit unexpected." He thought to himself with a rueful look.

--------------------

Nixsi frowned but it quickly passed and she gave a slight nod to him. "That does seem to make sense." She added in an airy tone as she leaned against him to help support her weight as she rose shakily to her hooves. "Yes." The mare nodded. "It is expected though in my condition that hormones would have an effect my disposition among other things..."

Nixsi simply stared blankly at Kai; failing to see what her being with someone else had to do with the situation or what would have made him ask her such a bizarre question. The mare failed to notice the signs that he was joking and she replied in a serious manner. "I have not found someone else, and I have never once considered it in the slightest." After Nixsi had told Kai just how much she cared for him; how could he for one second think that should we seek another stallion. Sure her relationship with Kai is unorthodox, but that didn't change her feelings towards him.

She was even more confused by his next statement. Was he referring to himself and Nixsi as a perfect couple; or her and this other stallion he seemed to have let his imagination place her with. Was he still so naive as to not notice her protruding stomach and the hormones which she had already stated were effecting her? Tears began to well up in the mare's eyes as her cursed hormones overtook her and she couldn't bare it any longer. Through clenched teeth she quietly asked, "Would it be even more unexpected if I told you that I was pregnant?"

--------------------

Feeling as if he were missing something from the picture, Kai's brows creased down as he gave the mare a slightly perplexed look. But he kept his word on the matter, as he could only assume that these raging hormones she was talking about, were perhaps the ferocious feelings for another.

.. At least.. that was how he interpreted such words. Was he wrong?

Perhaps he had only been joking, Nixsi had taken him quite seriously. The earnesty of her words was a little more than he could bear, saddling him with conflicting emotions. "Nixsi.. Haven't we already gone over this?" He said with a soft tone, as he gave her a wary look. "It's not pos-"

But his words were quickly cut off, as he came to the realization of her words. ""Would it be even more unexpected it I told you that I was pregnant?" Her angry words flashing repeatedly throughout his head. Suddenly the pieces that had not fit before, suddenly fell into place. As if it were a puzzle, that he had suddenly made sense of.

With those words, his disposition underwent a sudden change. Not to say that it was a pleasant one. Turning his back to the mare, with his eyes closed in thought.. "You say it's mine..?" He said, with a surprisingly controlled voice, that was like ice.

--------------------

"What have we gone over Kai?" Her was exasperated and frustrated, unable to recall what exactly the stallion was on about. His next sentence was cut short as he seemed to grasp her words. He turned his back to her and a tear streamed down Nixsi's pale face. She didn't know if it was from frustration and anger or the feeling of pain it suddenly brought her when he turned away. She felt shunned in a time when she needed him most. "You say it's mine?", echoed through her ears; his demeanor had seemed instantly to revert back to his old one in an instant. Although most wouldn't have caught on since the only thing that really changed was his tone; but Nixsi knew him well and caught on right away. She took a few timid steps toward him; wanting nothing more than to muzzle again his side and stand with her head resting upon his shoulder. "It's yours." She informed him; wondering if it would be a positive or negative thing now that he knew. The mare wanted to tell Kai that he was the only stallion there had ever been for her; that she cared about him deeply... Maybe she loved him even. All her thoughts were jumbled together and her emotions were being pushed and pulling by the hormones. She wanted to be able to say more to Kai...

--------------------

It was true. She did know him well enough. And he knew her well enough, to know that she certainly wasn't lying about this issue.

Pregnancy.. and foals. Although he should have expected that one of these days, something like this would happen. But he had refused to face such a possibility before.. Despite his rising panic, he felt a sense of obligation to the mare. This wasn't a sort of issue that could be ignored, and hopefully it would resolve itself..

"Tch. This wasn't the sort of surprise I had I mind, y'know." He muttered to himself with a strained chuckle as he recalled his words at the spring. It was audible enough for the other mare to hear, although she wouldn't have understood what he meant.

Strangely enough, the knowledge didn't anger him. Instead.. He felt as if his world was being shattered. If it was for the better, or worse, He didn't know. Perhaps it was for the better.. he admitted. But he certainly didn't feel like it.

As if the entire world were against him, he felt the bitter need to seek comfort.

--------------------

Except for the one line Kai uttered quietly he said nothing, which made Nixsi annoyed. She hadn't understood what he had meant and she wished to implore him to elaborate on just what he 'had in mind'. Yet it seemed pointless, somewhat doubting that the stallion would choose to answer her inquiry. Did Kai think that this was what Nixsi had in mind either? That she wanted to end up pregnant? There was both positive and negative things that were associated; being sick and constantly wasn't exactly a perk to this whole ordeal but... To have children... All Nixsi could think was that in the end it would be worth it. She wasn't sure whether to comprehend the night she had spent with Kai as a mistake or a miracle. The latter however was what Nixsi tried to convince herself. Even if she and Kai weren't proud of what they had done, or ready... There were going to be parents nonetheless. The mare took a few steps closer to Kai and rested her head softly upon his back; giving a contented flick of her tail. She wanted to be closer, to touch him like this. Hopefully he wouldn't mind... Nixsi sighed, or perhaps yawned. She barely could distinguish one between the other anymore since she was often tired. Her eyes stared at the side of the stallion's face that was visible to her. "What are you thinking about?" She inquired calmly.

--------------------

[As the footsteps approached closer, he felt himself tensing up beneath her touch. After a few moments, he felt himself relaxing, as he came to the realization that Nixsi wouldn't make impossible demands of him... Hopefully, not yet. Instead, she seemed to regard him with patience.

"What I'm thinking of, you ask?" He echoed her words, with a grim look. "Perhaps your thoughts may be the same as mine." If he revealed how he truly felt about the situation, he doubted that he would recieve the most pleasant of reactions. If he was to be honest, the situation gave him a mixed feeling of dread, and joy. For years, he had enjoyed a bachelor life. But in less than an hour, his world had shattered. And nothing would be the same. But to be a father .. the thought of such a foreign concept was .. a bit exciting. Or that was how a part of him, found the idea.

But preganancy. It went against his very being. He could lie, but lying wouldn't change anything. Most likely, it would only make things worse.

Shifting from his position slightly, he gave the mare to the side of him, a weary stare. After what seemed to be an eternity, he spoke to the mare in a low voice that betrayed the turmoil of emotions he felt behind his mask.

"I fear change." He said in a quiet tone. Ever since he had lost a loved one, He kept his heart closed off to the world, developing his own private world within himself. So that he wouldn't trust, or love.. trust he wouldn't be hurt again. For a long time, he had been able to remain that way until he had met Nixsi. .. A family .. One would say that it wasn't such a tragedy, but rather something to be proud of ! But that wasn't how he felt. All he felt, was if the world around him had undergone a sudden change, and he desperately wanted to grasp onto something familiar.

--------------------

She nodded her head in response to his repetition of the question; causing her cheek to rub against his back. Nixsi giggled slightly, "Perhaps they are... yet then again perhaps they aren't. Or there a number of possibilities. Though I'll never know unless you reveal them to me." There was a slight twinkle in the mare's eyes as she spoke to him.

Nixsi stared back at Kai, noticing the look of forlorn upon his face. Though in his emerald eyes there was another expression; one that Nixsi could only describe as eager. Although neither of them knew what it was like to have children, the thought of having foals to look after and care for could be scary... it was also thrilling. The mare lifted her head and walked forward a few paces; nuzzling Kai's cheek.

"You don't need to be afraid of it, Kai. There will always be change... That is the only thing ever guaranteed in life." A small smile appeared on her face. Even if he wasn't prepared for this; neither was she. All that mattered was that they were both here now to care for one another.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:27 am
.Mountain Sunset :: Arctica and Dichali.
.Date :: June 15, 2008.
.Pages in '[PRP] Mountain Sunset.' :: 1.
.xxx.

A content mare lay upon a particularly grassy expanse of ground near a stream that flowed freely through the mountains; the water produced a trickling sound as it descended down the mild slope. Her dark gray eyes were unfocused yet staring at the setting sun as it continued to fall through the darkening sky. A light breeze fled past the mare; causing her wings to ruffle slightly and a few braids in her usually tame forelock to fall into her eyes. Arctica’s dark orbs went cross-eyed as she tried to stare at the offending strands, yet she instantly developed a headache at the odd sensation and shut her eyelids tightly. The displeasure vanished and she quickly tilted her head to one side, giving it a slight jerk, so that the braids fell back into their normal placement. The mare blinked a few times and stifled a tired yawned that attempted to escape her lips. She shifted slightly upon the ground, stretching out her back legs that had begun to turn numb from lying for quite sometime. Slowly the mare rose to her hooves and she adjusted the feathered wings sitting upon her back before looking about her curiously. Arctica was currently at a lose for something to keep her mind content, not wishing yet to journey back to her home since the night was still young and unexplored.

--------------------

Green eyes scanned the surrounding area, unsure of what they were seeing. Everything here was so new, so exciting. So different. The dense foliage of the mountains was a huge change from his small home in the meadow.

Dichali was unable to explore as a foal, due to overprotective parents, who he only just recently discovered weren't even his parents at all, but two young adults on a silly 'quest' to find a flower. He had been found in the mountains, alone in his basket, starving and cold, real parents unseen and unheard of. Now that he'd escaped the watchful eye of his adoptive mother, he was determined to explore every inch of what would have been his home had his parents not misplaced or abandoned him. At last the large stallion had found a clearing, a place he could stay and see intruders from every side of him. But wait. What was that toward the middle? It was moving. Perhaps another Soquili. Dichali was unsure if he wanted to approach. Though surely his colors would be noticed soon, even if the other occupant of the clearing was far away.

--------------------

The mare's eyes wandered over the scenery in front of her that was becoming darker and darker as shadows swallowed the light radiating from the bright sun. Dark gray eyes paused upon the stream that glimmered and sparkled as the waves rippled under the final rays of the morning star. She took a few hesitant steps closer and lowered her muzzle to the clear liquid, enjoying the refreshment as it slipped passed her lips. Once she was satisfied she raised her head once more but froze after a second; an unusual feeling crossing over her. She looked around with her dark orbs, willing something out of the ordinary to be there. When she noticed nothing she attempted to shrug off the trick her nerves were playing on yet it was rather difficult. Arctica had never been a brave one; often flinching at loud noises or sudden movements; she had also done so since she was a foal and could never help how she reacted. The dark colored mare still felt uneasy and pawed nervously at the ground with her hoof; still worried and unsure. Her eyes fled back to the water flowing in the stream for a few moments before she began walking up the slope toward higher ground. Though she had no plans further though on than that; perhaps to get to a higher area where she could examine the area from a more suitable place.

--------------------

The stallion was unsure on what to do. Should he approach the other? From what he could see, its stature looked like a mare, quite probably with wings. Not like his, though. Perhaps like his aunt's daughter, Phaedra. That must be what they were. However, they appeared to be a different color. Were they supposed to come in different colors? She was beginning to leave, and the stallion was still quite curious. Dichali used his curiosity as an excuse to approach the mare, and gave her a friendly nicker, as it would be bad if she hadn't noticed him and he just showed up beside her with a bunch of questions. "Hello, Miss!" His head was held high as he approached her, sure to be cautious. It wasn't every day he met an unusual mare. Then again, it wasn't every day that he met a normal mare, either.

--------------------

Arctica flinched a few steps to her left at a sudden noise; almost into the stream that she had been meandering next to. Her back hoof slipped on a wet rock and the hoof plunged into the cold clear liquid, the end of her long tail completely soaked and the strands of it remained in the water. The mare's dark gray eyes flew to a figure making it's way towards her and she stood there, realizing that there had been another and her nervous feeling didn't arise from nothing. Though she wondered how she had not seen him before; his blueish translucent wings, his light blue coat, and his unorthodox colored orange mane and tail. Arctica frowned and stared curiously at him. "Hello..." She replied in a soft whisper that she doubted he had heard; though her voice was always gentle and quiet. She wondered curiously what has caused the stallion to be at the mountains, in this particular area... at this specific time. Arctica realized she was being selfish; thinking the world revolved only around her and that she would remain only for a great portion of her time. He drew closer and closer to where she stood; her hoof still in the stream and unmoving. She desired to question him; inquire what he was doing there yet she couldn't bring her lips to part and let words linger from between them.

--------------------

When he was close enough that he could be heard without yelling, Dichali spoke. "I'm terribly sorry if I alarmed you, Miss. It's just, I've only seen wings like yours once before, and my curiosity got the best of me, I suppose." He smiled warmly and bowed his head in greeting. "I'm called Dichali." His green eyes scanned the surrounding area, straining to see in the distance due to the dimness of the light. Until now, he'd been too distracted by the mare's wings to notice anything other than the meadow. Once finished surveying the area, he turned his attention back to the mare. "May I ask your name, Miss?"

--------------------

She listened as the stallion spoke yet felt the apology was unnecessary. "It's not your fault. I simply happen to be a tad... twitchy." She gave a shake of her head before her gaze feel upon the feathery wings held at her sides; wondering why one would be overly interested in them. "Other that color they don't differ much." She added somewhat unenthusiastically, knowing that her entire family had the same wings as herself only they varied slightly in color. Well, that was untrue actually. They all were white, or had white with some shade of gray or black upon them. In her family she supposed that she was the only one who also had turquoise marking adorning the feathers as well. Arctica's attention returned once more to the stallion and she nodded politely at his bow. "It's a pleasure." Her dark grays orbs followed his green ones as he surveyed the stream and the other physical features of the area. At this point the mare treaded out of the cold water and swished her long tail; sending a few frantic droplets of water into the air. "Arctica." Was her response to his inquiry as she continued to stare at him.

--------------------

"Well I wouldn't call it twitchy. Cautious, perhaps. And I'd much rather be cautious than a Kalona's dinner." He chuckled quietly before nodding. "I see. Well, the only other Soquili I've seen wings like those on was a foal, and they were much..." Dichali thought of a word to describe it. "Scrawnier?" The stallion wasn't exactly sure if that was a real word or not, but it seemed to define them in a simple way.

"Well it's wonderful to meet you, Arctica. I'm afraid that I haven't met any others during my stay in the mountains worth speaking to." In fact, he hadn't met anybody else at all during his 'stay' in this foreign place. It was actually getting quite lonely, so he was a tad excited that his first encounter was a lovely, seemingly nice, mare instead of a Kalona or Skinwalker.

--------------------

Arctica blinked in confusion and allowed her eyes to take him in once more. He wasn't petite in stature in her opinion, though she had seen stallions larger than him as well. That was typical for a flutter though, or so she had heard. Yet... his wings didn't exactly remind her of what she would imagine a flutter to look like either, yet her father had told her that flutter's wings were more diverse than those of wind soquili. Apparently there was some meaning in the saying 'It takes all kinds,'? The mare gave a shrug. "I didn't know they had such large appetites." Arctica had never encountered a Kalona before but she had heard a number of stories recounting just how grotesque they were.

"Really?" She supposed that comment was true. After all, when Moose had been a foal her wings had been smaller than hers were since she had already been a mare at that time. Though, as he had grown his wings had expanded and grown to a size larger than hers. It didn't really make a difference though in the long run. Neither Arctica nor Moose made use of their feathered appendages often since they both choose not to wander far from their teepee that resided here in the mountains.

"You must not have encountered my family then." She told him in somewhat of a begrudging tone. In her opinion her family was a very peculiar one, but most of her relatives were probably worth speaking with. Her father, Orchu, was renowned for his wisdom and age amongst a number of soquili that he had met over the years. Though she couldn't help it if he had not met them and there was no point in wasting her breath telling him about her complex family. "You haven't told me your name yet." She added nonchalantly.

--------------------

Large appetite? He wasn't exactly sure if they ate their entire catch in one sitting. "Perhaps they eat their fill and save the rest for another day? I've never met a Kalona before, but surely they don't have that large of stomachs. Or maybe they just eat what they want and leave the rest to scavengers? Find fresher meat?" This made Dichali curious, as most everything did. Maybe he'd go out and find one of these beasts, ask a few questions. Then again, maybe that wasn't such a great idea.

"Yup. And she's missing a lot of feathers, too. She says that they keep getting pulled out." He thought about getting his wings pulled out and nearly cringed. Surely it wouldn't be a pleasurable experience. But feathers grew back... Didn't they?

"Well... Truthfully? I haven't really encountered many others." He stopped to think. "Actually, the only others I've met that aren't teepee-mates are two mares. Both of which had attempted to teach me to fly, and one that taught me how to shrink in size. Apparently flutters can do that, which I had no idea of." The stallion caught himself rambling and chuckled. "I haven't? Oh, how rude of me. I'm called Dichali. It means..." A light blush reached his cheeks. "It means 'speaks a lot'."

--------------------

Arctica had a look of disgust on her face as the stallion pondered out loud the antics of Kalonas. It made the mare sick just hearing and thinking about it, they certainly were one type of soquili who's path Arctica was not interested in crossing. She refrained from commenting on the subject and was very glad when the stallion moved to another topic that he had previously brought up.

Arctica frowned as he described the foal. "Is that so? That's rather unhealthy for her wings... Our feathers take ages to grow back in and it is unsuitable to fly without full wings. Missing a number of them could result in not being about to fly in a straight course and things of that nature..." The mare couldn't help but wonder if the filly was pulling them out on her own accord.

The mare expelled a quick laugh. "More soquili live in my teepee than the number you've even encountered it seems." She gave her long tail a swish. "We're more of a herd even you could say... Besides myself, there are twenty other soquili. Not to mention the three two-legged that keep us all in our place and care for us..." Her family was certainly unorthodox; but it was her family nonetheless; even if they all weren't related by blood.

"Really? That's an unusual trait." She said furrowing her brow, not able to comprehend exactly what it would be useful for. "No offense," She began, "But the name does seem rather fitting." Arctica informed him with a small nod.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:29 am
.Ocean Waves :: Shiranai and Hadrian.
.Date :: June 15, 2008.
.Pages in '[PRP] Ocean Waves.' :: 1.
.xxx.

The waves lapped gently at Shiranai's fetlock as she stood with her hooves emerged in the ocean; the sand giving out beneath her weight each time the tide came to dance upon the cooling shore. The day had been an exceedingly hot yet pleasant one and the water was still fairly warm after having been beaten down upon by the heat of the sun throughout the day. A few wisps of clouds begin to linger now in the otherwise clear night sky; only a handful of stars were visible since the sun had just come to set and the sky was a mixture of light and dark blue shades. The mare tilted her head to the side as she stared down at the water continuously rising and falling around her; moving her head up and down slightly as the tide washed in upon the sand and then retreated once more. The mare lifted her gaze more to stare at the waves further out in the ocean as they gained amplitude and then diminished once more as they approached the beach. Shiranai didn't know exactly what to determine of this since it was her first time venturing to the beach; it all seemed so surreal to the mare though she was unable to pinpoint just why it was.

--------------------

Hadrian loved the beach. It was something that had been born in him since he first heard the lapping waters lick the shore; he had grown up with his family along the ocean and doubted he'd ever leave the comfort it provided. The salty air was a scent he loved to breathe in and the cool waters gave Hadrian the oppotunity to pretend he was a foal at sea. T'Cora had told him stories of sea soquili, some with tails and fins that lived under the water for always, and others that sometimes meandered on land. Kelpies and Mers or something like that. . . .

Hadrian often wished to meet them, to see if his mothers stories were true! Sometimes the little unicorn foal wondered about the sea; fishes sometimes swept up on shore, dead and picked at. Forever a prince charming, forever looking for damsels in distress and kalonas to slay, Hadrian couldn't help but wonder if there were fish princes and princesses too. Were there some fish out there that needed to be rescued, were there evil kalona-fish that threatened to eat others? Oooh. . . curiosity made the boy want to know but he couldn't find out without a sea soquili's help!

And, as far as he knew, those of the sea could very well have been made up!

What a pickle life had placed him in... what a pickle indeed.

Tail swishing lazily behind him, Hadrian couldn't help but giggle and prance within the waves. His little tail tip was soaked and dripping behind him, while his legs and belly where drenched. He loved to play and swim, but he couldn't do much swimming with his parents far from present. Casting a glance to the sky, he wondered if perhaps his father was lurking up there somewhere, making sure his rascal of a son didn't do anything too silly.

Like drown.

But the sea wouldn't do that to him, Hadrian was most certain! "I will rescue you, m'lady~!" He cried out, imagination running twenty four seven. Bowing his head, he reared up and kicked out his front legs before landing hard in the water. Splashing and frolicking, he giggled, pretending to plow head first in to something big and dark and mean.

"Oh, Hadrian," he leaped around, voice raising in an attempt to mimic that of a girls. "You saved me~! You're my hero~!"

Whirling around again, puffing out his chest and giving his curling mane a shake, the little colt chuckled. "Yes, the beast is slain and I'm--" Suddenly and far too late he realized he was not as alone on the beach as he had believed. Standing not far from him was a mare, and not just any mare but a stranger mare!

A DAMSEL!

Joy suddenly turned to embarrassment as he realized she had been witness to his solo games of adventure. Stopping dead in his tracks, his ears twitched and he wondered exactly what he was to do now... She was no foal, but she didn't look dangerous either. Ah, but she was a lady and ladies always had to be greeted respectfully! Shaking out his mane (and trying to push down embarrassment) Hadrian gulped and bridged the distance between them.

"Hello, damsel! I'm Hadrian and you're.. you're not in distress or anything, are you?" Hopefully she wasn't. The little colt wasn't sure if he could rescue an adult so easy.

--------------------

The mare's ears pinned unconsciously against the back of her head as she heard a curious noise over the continuous sound of the splashing of waves. Her gaze scanned the beach, searching anxiously for the source of the sound and her gray orbs spotted another being approaching her as it moved through the shallow water. She blinked curiously at the smaller figure unsure what to think of it and her ears perked up slightly when she realized that they were speaking rather animatedly. Shiranai turned so that was was facing him; once more tilting her head at the unknown figure. He seemed to notice that she was there based on his sudden lack of speech. The weary mare took a few paces backward as the being splashed quickly through the water, closing the distance between then. She frowned slightly and continued to blink. "Damsel?" She replied quietly, unsure as to why he had referred to her as that; completely unaware of what the word meant since she had never heard it before. In fact she had spoken very rarely to others and therefore her vocabulary was certainly not the most eloquent or developed. "Hadrian?" The mare again copied his words; staring downward at him unsure just how to reply. "Please to meet you..." I think... The mare had only ever been acquainted with her family members before. "U-hmm..." She stuttered; thinking that she wasn't in danger but how should she know? "I'm very much in distress..." Shiranai choose to reply to the colt; a mix between fear and some other emotion that was hard to decipher lingering in her eyes. It was the truth after all... she was very much distressed that she didn't know how to reply to the inquires of the male. And she was afraid that she looked foolish in front of the foal; standing in the ocean doing absolutely nothing.

--------------------

Hadrian had thought that this pale mare had been safe; here she was, standing with her fetlocks in the water and looking pretty as a picture! There were no blood stains on her, there were no bruises matting her hide, and she certainly didn't seem very nervous. More so, they were on the shore of the beach, his beach to be perfectly frank, and that meant that they had to be safe. Papa wouldn't let something awful on to his land....

Ah, but then again, Hadrian was awfully young. And some evil things could be awfully sneaky if he learned something from his mothers tales. So here had fast learned that he couldn't ever make an assumption about a damsel even one that DIDN'T look distressed, because she might very well be! What might have happened if he didn't ask?

CHAOS THATS WHAT!

Chaos and bad things and.. and.. and lots of bad things!

Oooh, but this was an adult mare so did this mean her distress was adult sized too? Hadrian was chock full of confidence but sometimes it wavered a wee bit. Here he was, now faced with his second distressed damsel and she was huge compared to him! Ah, but he wouldn't leave her in her hour of need, nope, nope, no! Tail swishing behind him, the little colt stood as tall as he could and trotted around the mare once, tossing his head a bit as if to give his horn a few practice swipes.

He'd be ready.. he could take it!

Maybe.

Hopefully.

"Never fear, lady, I'm here now! I'm gonna grow up and be a prince, you know, so I'm really good at taking care of things! I have two siblings to watch over too, ya know, so please don't worry! I won't let anything bad happen, nope, nope, nope!"

--------------------

Shiranai shifted uncomfortably on her hooves as she noticed Hadrian observing her coat; wondering just what exactly he was hoping to find upon her mainly pale fur besides her gray markings. Her ears swiveled atop her head as she focused upon the colt who seemed to be deep in thought; for he had given up the notion of talking it seemed. The mare followed the colt's movement as he trotted around her and she instantly felt light headed and dizzy. Shiranai accidentally shifted too much weight upon one side of her body and she stumbled; her legs flew out in awkward positions so that she didn't fall. Holding herself up, she dared not move any further afraid that she may collapse into the ocean's water with a splash. Very carefully she adjusted her legs so that they were once again settled underneath and supporting her. She hoped that the colt hadn't noticed her potential mishap since he still seemed heavily immersed in his thoughts. Shirnai focused on his as he began to speak quickly again; trying to keep up with his words. "Prince?" She repeated; completely flabbergasted and actually thinking she might be in the presence of royalty. "I have two siblings as well..." She added, finally it seemed there was a topic both of them would be able to converse about... if they were allowed to that was. "Your highness.." She began, not sure exactly how to address one of such a stature. "Are you allowed to speak to someone such as... myself?" Shiranai inquired, not even sure what she mean by 'someone as herself'. It just seemed an appropriate question in her opinion to ask.

--------------------

Hadrian wasn't so lost in thought as to not notice the mare stumble a bit. Starting, his little nostrils flared in concern, crying out in his fear. "Oh! Oh are you all right, Miss!? Didja hurt yourself? Did something in the water make you slip!?!" Stomping his hoof in the water, as if to chastise the beach sands for their misbehavior, the little colt looked anxiously up at Shiranai.

To Hadrian, everything was borderline dramatic, from the smallest sigh to the slightest of tumbles. Forever he believed someone was in need and they absolutely, positively, without a doubt needed him to save them!

It was his job.

Little ears twitched as she suddenly questioned his status as a prince. "Well," he started, giving his little tail a swish. "I might not be a real prince, but my papa and mama are rulers of the beach! And if I wanna go rescue princesses and on great adventures like the stories I hear, I'm gonna have to be one! So o'course I can talk to you!" He grinned happily up at her, "You're a lady and that's who I'm s'posed to talk to!" It was a little odd that she was so big and he so small, but a lady was a lady, be them big or filly-size.

"Ooooh - what are their names? And are they boy or girl siblings?" Hadrian was happy to know about the lives of the ladies he met; he was a curious sort and always wanted to know everything he could possibly think of! "I have a sister, Manami and a brother, Julius! They both have wings...." He felt it important to explain that small detail, just so she wouldn't someday look for two other unicorns if she ever wanted to seek out his siblings.

--------------------

Shiranai blinked at the foal with surprised eyes. "I-I'm fine..." Her voice trailed off and she attempted to give a tiny nod with her head in confirmation. The mare thought she had slipped on her own accord; yet the idea of something else causing that result made her seem less clumsy. "Possibly..." She replied; looking down at the water with squinting eyes, perhaps searching to see if there was something lying on the wet sand that could of caused the accident. Nothing out of the ordinary caught her gaze and she directed her attention instead to focus on the colt. He sure had unique markings... Though he could say the same for her as well. Shiranai studied Hadrian for a few moments; hoping her scrutiny would go unnoticed by the jovially foal. Shiranai listened closely as Hadrian elaborated about his parents; they seemed to be royalty as well, or that was what she discerned. Numerous questions flooded her mind, wondering which of them she should ask him. Unable to decide which answer she desired to know from the colt more she sighed ever so slightly and asked both. "Have you ever saved any princesses before? And... why are you supposed to talk to ladies?" Her brow furrowed and she frowned; wondering who had told all these things to the colt and wondering if there was in fact a special protocol he was meant to follow. Shiranai's eyes were fixed intently upon the colt as she responded to his inquiries. "I have two brothers, Seraph and Sestos. They both have the same coloring as myself yet Sestos has different markings..." Her voice trailed off, remembering what both her brothers had looked like as foals. She had seen neither of them since she had grown into a mare and she wondered if they still looked as they had when they were younger. "Your siblings have wings?" She asked in surprise, never having met a wind soquili before either. All this information Shiranai was receiving from the colt was surreal and she hoped that she would be able to remember all of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:35 am
.Morning Glow :: Auri and Zian.
.Date :: June 17, 2008.
.Pages in '[PRP] Morning Glow.' :: 1.
.xxx.

A dim glow of light cast upon the face of a sleeping mare caused her eye lids to flutter open in protest. She squinted ahead of her; the silver orbs trying to adjust to the drastic change from black to the golden rays of the sun beaming down upon her. Auri shut her eyelids tightly, hoping to block out the light as she gave a long yawn before allowing them to open once more. The mare looked around her a few moments, seeing that most of the forest was still veiled in shadow. A few golden rays of the sun were peaking through the holes in the canopy; she judged that it was sometime between early morning and noon. The mare rose gracefully to her hooves and she swished her tail and rustled her wings, hoping any offending leaves or grass would have been shaken off in her movements. Auri began moving at a brisk walk, perking her ears forward in attempt to distinguish any sound of water that may assist her to locate a nearby stream or lake that she would be able to quench her thirst in. After meandering between trees for what must have been a quarter of an hour she picked up the sound of gently running water. She made toward that direction and shortly after came upon the tiny brook running through the forest. Auri lowered her muzzle and eagerly sipped the cool liquid. She mused to herself that the day was already growing quite warm and she should probably stay within the shaded area of the forest in attempt to stay somewhat cool. Perhaps she would even venture to the lake for a dip and a chance to stretch her feathery wings. The mare continued to ponder through her thoughts, becoming unaware of the scenery around her.

--------------------

The stallion walked heavily along the dewy morning field. He had spent the night in a new place, and was looking forward to exploring his new surroundings today. But first, he needed something to eat and drink. He set off towards a nearby forest in hopes of finding a lake or a stream, and maybe a fruit tree in there somewhere.

--------------------

The mare had herself to ponder for a few minutes before a sudden craving struck her fancy. Instead of heading toward the lake near the center of the forest the ebony mare turned in the direction that led out of the forest and into the clearing and the areas beyond that. However, Auri only wanted to reach the edge of the forest where she knew a little groove that existed and was away lush during this time of year. Black berries, raspberries, and blue berries all were present in the petite groove she knew of and her taste buds had suddenly craved the fruit. She continued ambling through the forest at a leisurely pace, certain that she was in not rush to arrive there.

After some time had passed the mare entered the patch by the outskirts of the forest that was lush with the bushes bearing the delectable berries. Her silver eyes scanned about quickly before she walked over to a black berry bush; attempting not to step on any berries that lingered on the ground with her hooves.

--------------------

Zian moved through the trees, allowing his nose to lead him to where he could detect the scent of some ripe berries. He could tell that they were nearby, and it wasn't long before he found himself on the edge of a clearing that seemed to harbor many berry bushes. However, he stopped at the edge of the clearing, having noticed that there was already a mare there enjoying the fruit. He cleared his throat quietly, not wanting to startle her, before speaking.

"Excuse me, but I hope I am not intruding, but I was wondering if I might have some of these berries."

His expression was kind, but revealed little about how he was feeling. It was almost blank, but by looking at him, you could somehow tell that he meant no harm.

--------------------

"Hm?" Auri said looking over her shoulder as she heard a voice behind her. The mare gave a warm smile to the stallion and nodded to him. "You're not disturbing me. Besides, I don't own these bushes so even if I did object to your presence I wouldn't be able to do anything about it." She laughed to the stallion in a gleeful tone. Her silver eyes held a sparkle to them as she spoke. "Please help yourself." She motioned to the plentiful bushes in the area, encouraging him subdue his hunger with the sweet fruit.

Looking back in front of her the mare daintily nibbled at a few berried before speaking to the stallion who she knew was standing off to her side. "Not many venture to this part of the forest," She began. "Since this patch of berry bushes is relatively unknown to most." Auri was glad that someone else had stumbled into the groove, it was nice to have company every once in a while.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:36 am
.A Secluded Meeting :: Moose and Amerlei.
.Pages in '[PRP] A Secluded Meeting.' :: 1.
.xxx.

Moose's front two hooves were placed in the steady water of the lake; his back two firmly planted on the shore just outside the reach of the water. Something about the lake made the stallion uncomfortable; perhaps the inability to see the bottom, or knowing just how deep it really was. Therefore he always hesitated when entering the water, afraid he may stray too far from the shore and fall victim to a whirlpool or something else completely bizarre. Moose turned his head to look about, simply stalling on purpose so that he could prolong ambling into the placid water. The only thing around him were the tall trees; just as unmoving as the water was. Moose gave a swish of his long tail and his focused returned back upon the lake. He concocted ideas in his head such as if he entered all the way in that a Kelpi, or whatever they were, would drag him to the depths and he would never see the sun again. The stallion then instantly thought of his siblings, none of them ever had the skeptical fears he did. They all were brave and would stroll on into the water without a care. Enjoying the refreshing coolness upon their coats, which had been warmed and beaten down upon by the morning star. Moose frowned, reminding himself just how pathetic he seemed next to his brothers and sisters. The stallion told himself to put all four hooves into the lake; yet his back legs just wouldn't seem to budge at his command.

--------------------

She saw a flash of a black and white streaked tail and white-tipped wings. The black horse stood half in and half out of the water. The lithe white mare watched from her spot in the forest, a smile playing at her lips.

Not that Amerlei blamed him. She herself, hated the water unless it was to drink. She would bathe in the rain, thanks muchly.

It wasn't that she was afraid of a kelpie hiding low in the depths... It was that she, quite frankly, sank. And she still hadn't learned, though darling Ciardha was teaching her, wounds or no wounds.

This stallion looked...hesitant. But bored. But hesitant. Like he needed a nudge. And his wings -were- quite beautiful...

So she pranced over to him, head held high and jewelry bouncing with a soft 'ching' of metal.

"Hello, hello!" she chirped. "Whatcha up to there, boyo?"

--------------------

Moose's eyes turned and his body followed as he heard a voice calling out to him. He blinked curiously at her before replying. "Me? Nothing..." The stallion was add a lose for other things to say. "Hi..." He added quickly in an attempt to be amicable. His eyes fell upon his feet and he noticed that all four of his hooves were emerged in the lake. His eyes grew wide and he dashed out of the water; sending splashes about him, his wet tail trailing along behind him. He halted nearly ten feet from the edge of the water, thinking that he would be safe there. Moose gave a sigh of relief and he focused his attention back on the mare. "Sorry you startled me- I mean I was startled- I mean the water- the water... Yes well..." His eyes darted about frantically, and he cleared his throat. Moose wasn't afraid of the water, yet he had made it sound as if the water had startled him or something of that nature. The stallion searched for words to explain the situation yet nothing came to his head and he mentally cursed his slow wit. All of my siblings would have eloquently elaborated by now... Well actually none of them would be in this situation since they wouldn't have flinched as I had... Moose mentally cursed himself again for his actions. His crystal eyes flew back upon the white mare. "Hi." He stated again giving a light cough. "I don't believe we've met... I'm Moose." The stallion lowered his head gracefully to the mare, hoping to distract her with an introduction.

--------------------

She giggled under her breath, watching him pull his entire body into the water as he looked at her. When he looked down and realized this, however...

He shot himself up out of the water and she watched with a keen eye, one wing raising to protect herself.

And then he began to stammer and sputter. She raised a hoof and flicked her ears back, green eyes glittering mischievously.

"It's all fine, boyo," she laughed and trotted towards him, pausing only inches from him. "To tell you a secret...I'm afraid of the water too. I can't swim."

She remembered Ciardha's greeting to her and laughed. He'd bowed. Actually bowed. So, the mare bent down on one knee, head tilted to the side so she could watch his reaction.

Moose... "Amerlei. Call me Merlei. And you're trying to get the nerve to get in the water...right?"

--------------------

Moose raised his eyes to look at her as she spoke and instantly her words captured his attention. "I-I'm not afraid of the water." He protested; a frown of defiance caressing his lips as he furrowed his brow. "I... I simply think that the water is unsafe." He raised his chin and closed his eyes, as if that somehow would prove his point to the mare. Though he quickly gave up his facade and a question entered his mind. "Have you ever tried to swim before?" Moose asked her curiously with a tilt of his head. Swimming wasn't exceedingly difficult in Moose's opinion; it was simply the feat of making his way into the water that was challenging. The stallion didn't really know why she choose one name more than the other since they were so similar but he nodded his head. "Merlei." He repeated. "No." He replied quietly while looking past her, his eyes focusing on the lake. "I simply..." The stallion attempted to think of a decent excuse as to why he hadn't stepped fully into the water until the mare had come across his path yet his muddled brain was unable to think of anything. His eyes fled back and forth between the mare and the edge of the lake. "You should venture with me into the water." He suggestion, a small smile creeping upon his lips. Thinking to himself that it may be easier with some encouragement on both of their parts.

--------------------

She didn't say a word but the mirth on her face was eminent. If he wasn't afraid of the water, why wouldn't he go in? What could be unsafe about water other than the fact that it tried to drown you?

His question caught her off guard. "Er...yeah? Why else would I be afraid of it? I've got lead feet, pal. I sink." Or, in other words, as a foal she'd had a near-death experience and now anytime the water went past her wings, she panicked. Good enough. "Can -you- swim?" She watched him gaze between her and the water.

"Venturing is the easy part," Merl crowed with a toss of her mane. The gem glittered in the sun and she shot him an ornery grin. "Watch and learn, boyo."

And with that she took a running leap into the water until it was gently lapping at her belly. She lowered a wing to dip under, only to send a spray of water at him. "See?"

--------------------

Moose tilted his head at the mare. "Everyone sinks." His remark was apathetic. "All you have to do is kick your legs though and the water will help keep you up..." His voice trailed off as his crystal blue eyes focused on the water. "Boyo?" He repeated quietly to himself with a frown adorning his face; deeply wondering why she continued calling him that. He watched her with wide eyes as she left into the water, his mouth slightly open at the sight. The stallion trotted to the side in order to avoid the droplets of water she flung at him by means of her feathery wing. "Hmmph." He snorted at her. "Fine." Slowly he edged toward the water, placing his two front hooves in it before pausing; a sense of worry spreading over him. However his eyes focused on the mare and he held his breath as he allowed his back legs to follow behind him into the water. He waded out a few more steps before releasing the breath that he had been holding as if his life depended on it. Moose continued moving through the water to stand by the mare, the gentle liquid flowing past his legs as he drew further and further away from the shore. He looked over his shoulder to the shore, his lips pursed together tightly before his crystal orbs returned once again to stare at the mare.

--------------------

"If everyone sinks, why does everyone insist on swimming?" She ignored the second part of his comment, seemingly above it. Or just not wanting to hear her fears.

Nicknames were, in actuality, Amerlei's way of showing affection. Especially if she'd forgotten your name...

She turned to watch as the black and navy Wind began his trek into the water, her ears pricked as he tackled what he'd feared. Her head tilted to one side as she smiled. "See? Nothing's coming to get us. Normally, fish'n things swim -away- from flailing ponies in the water, yanno?"

--------------------

Moose frowned at her question. "Well, it is a form of exercise to strengthen one's self and it's important to try new things I suppose..." She had seemed ignored and he didn't want to say anything to set her off. Moose waded out a tad further into the water; it was up to his shoulders now as he stood there and stared at Amerlei. Moose looked apprehensive at her reply and his eyes attempted to make out any fish nearby him in the water, yet he saw no silhouettes swimming near him. At least not that he could see. "Maybe you're right." He said, still somewhat unconvinced. However, he had managed to maneuver into the water {at the mare's prodding that was}, and he grinned. He turned around and walked back toward the mare, a bright look in his eyes. "You should try to swim I think." Moose trotted around the mare in the water, however slowly due to the resistance the water created. The stallion of course wouldn't be over persistent with the mare; it was her decision to make after all and he knew if a mare was dead set against something it was often difficult to get one to see otherwise on a topic.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:01 pm
.Nightime :: Arctica and Dreyden.
.Pages in '[PRP] Nightime.' :: 1.
.xxx.

Arctica's dark gray eyes stared up at the sliver of a crescent moon looming in the sky as it continued to ascend upwards, the sun having set only a few hours previous. The long days soon would become shorter once again and the mare grinned to herself; remembering the white crystals that would drift down from white and gray clouds in only a few months time. There was nothing wrong with Spring or Summer, the mare was just overly fond of Winter and the cold and ice that accompanied it. Winter was the season that best represented the black and white mare's disposition and she couldn't help but to admire it. She shifted her feathery wings on her back just as a breeze was passing and it created a rustling sound. Arctica lifted a leg before silently replacing her hoof upon the ground; the need to move caused only by a sudden twitch she had felt in the appendage. The mare closed her eyes; inhaling a pleasant aroma of flowers that was undoubtedly unique to the meadow that she was currently standing in. It was a change of pace from the mountain, not better, just different. The mountain would always be her home but at her father's advice Arctica had choose to wander down from the steep slopes on the jagged rocks. It wasn't home, but the area did seem lovely Arctica had to admit.

--------------------

Giving a snort, the young stallion picked his way through the tall grass, ears canted back at an annoyed angle. Nighttime was nice and all, but it was rather boring. A time for rest and quiet. How was that fun? Randomly he snapped his teeth at a cattail swaying nearby, eyes narrowing. He didn't feel like sleeping or even laying down. His feet wanted to run, his muscles quivering in anticipation, wings rustling uneasily upon his back. Prancing sideways now, Dreyden tossed his head and glanced back at the dark mass of trees behind him, ears canting forwards. No one following him at least. But....

He froze as a scent drifted his way, one that didn't fit at all with the rest of the night. Lifting his head, his nostrils flared slightly as he breathed deeply, head turning to the right. Someone else was wandering the meadow. Eyes reopening, he shifted his feet and started in that direction, searching for the source. Maybe the night wouldn't be a total bore after all.

--------------------

The mare was wide awake at the nightly hour, having slept away the day for lack of a better inspiration. The morning had been brutally hot with no clouds adorning what had been a light blue canvas, warning Arctica early on that the day would only grow hotter still. She had chosen to search for a cave in the mountain abyss; knowing the shade would keep her cool. Upon finding a suitable one she had allowed herself to drift off to a humble sleep there, before arising at dusk and setting off towards the meadow. Her journey had been a tedious one, choosing to walk as opposed to flying which would have been much quicker. Yet the mare thought it necessary to keep herself in shape and therefore had begrudgingly set off down the rocky path by means of hooves.

Now she stood somewhat contently in the meadow, the long grass swaying in the breeze tickling at her legs and her stomach. Arctica shivered ever so slightly as a rush of cold air fled past her; yet it was relieving at the same time. Summer brought long, tedious days marked by heat to the land and the coolness was refreshing for most during the time. The mare's ears swiveled atop her head, a constant yet hard to distinguish standing out against the relatively quiet night. Arctica paid no attention to it though, thinking that it probably arose from her imagination.

--------------------

He could have sworn that someone else was here, but he couldn't see anything. Tossing his head, his eyes narrowed in vain against the darkness of the night. The sliver of moon helped, but not as much as he would have liked. Then again, it was rather hard to see over the grass. He must be standing in a hollow or something. Muscles tensing, he trotted forwards, the belts circling his back legs jingling softly against one another. So much for stealth.

How irritating this all was, not to mention boring to boot. Now he was imagining others nearby when there wasn't anyone actually there. Not that he could find anyway. Well, if there was someone there somewhere, he'd run into them if he was meant to. But for now, he'd do his best to amuse himself.

Prancing sideways, his muscles tensed before he shot forwards, finally giving into his urge to run. Wings spreading, they flapped once, twice to bring him off the ground to glide a moment before folding. The stallion hit the ground with a muffled noise, continuing to run without a break in pace. But not in a completely straight path, for he twisted and started suddenly in another direction, nearly toppling over in the process not to mention twisting an ankle. Boy, would his uncle give Dreyden an earful if he came home limping. Not that that would stop the stallion from rushing about like a hyperactive squirrel. It wouldn't be fun otherwise.

Giving a 'whoop' that shattered the quiet night air, he skidded and lept upwards, wings flapping once more before letting him drop back to the ground. Dreyden repeated this maddeningly random movement of running and leaping into the air at random, skidding in hairpin turns and generally making a racket. At the very least, it would run his energy out so he could stop driving his herd mates crazy when he returned to the clearing. He gave no more thought to anyone else being in the clearing with him.

--------------------

The mare's ears tilted against the back of her head as the faint sound of light objects clinging together in melodious chime caught her attention. Arctica turned to face the direction of the sound with a tilted head; wondering whether she should fear the notice or be intrigued by it. She pondered a few moments before decided that the noise didn't seem ominous and she silently moved through the grass; the sound of her hooves upon the ground drowned out by the other noise. Her dark orbs scanned the area wildly, searching desperately for the source of the intrusion. Suddenly she halted as she caught sight of another figure in the night; darting back and forth moving in no pattern that was distinguishable. Arctica frowned slightly and edged closer to the being. She saw their silhouette clearly, highlighted by the rays of the moon that hung in the night sky. The mare gave a slight gasp as appendages flew out from the sides of the shadowed figured and supported them from descending at once before they were retracted once more to their sides. Acrtica knew based on this that the figure had wings; and was most likely a wind like herself. Yet she had never hovered in such a manner; and she saw the silhouette repeat this action a number of times yet still zig-zagging through the grass. Her dark gray eyes focused on the being; following their every move. That was until she saw them stumble and she shut her eyes tightly in fear that she would see them fall. After a moment she cautiously reopened one lid; seeing that the figure seemed to be fine and still moving about randomly. Arctica took a few steps forward, wanting to alert the other that she was there yet found herself unable to. After opening and shutting her mouth a few times she finally relinquished a snort from her nostrils followed by a short nickering sound to the other.

--------------------

Dreyden continued his random movement, oblivious to his surroundings. Not realizing how very close the mare had gotten. Or rather, how close he had gotten to her. He would have crashed into her if not for her sudden, and quite unexpected, nicker.

"Hey!" Startling, he skidded and reared, doing a curious hopping movement backwards away from her and nearly toppling over in the process. Wings flaring slightly to compensate, his front hooves hit the ground a moment later, mane tangled about his face and chest heaving. "Who's there?" He called shortly, sounding quite out-of-breath, tossing his head in an effort to clear his vision.

Maybe he was imagining things again, but this time, there was a distinctive sense of another body standing there. "Hello?" He tried again, prancing in place slightly, the adrenalin of his exercise still running through his body, making it rather hard to keep still. Not that he could ever quite keep still on a normal day.

--------------------

Arctica flinched backward, and turned to trot a few paces away from the stallion as he reared before her, his front legs kicking out at the air. She stood there trembling a moment panting slightly; partially out of fear and also since she had just quickly moved away from the other. She remained quiet as he called out to her, still somewhat startled as she inhaled deep breaths and then released them. Perhaps she had gotten too close to him and she shouldn't have made any noise to alert him that she was there watching him intently. Was he unable to she her body through the darkness as she was able to discern his silhouette from the silvery light cast by the crescent moon? It was always a possibility Arctica told herself. When his voice called out again she felt it oddly cruel in a way to ignore him. She could see his legs moving beneath him, yet they seemed to carry him no where and she assessed that he still had energy with his body and he was unable to remain still. The mare took a few hesitant steps forward. "Hello." Came her quiet reply as she called out to him, unsure as to what his reaction would be to her response.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:57 pm
.Siblings and More :: Nora, Arctica, Moose, Hinote, Mocha, Aeife, and Orion.
.Date :: June 19, 2008.
.Pages in '[PRP] Siblings and More.' :: 1.
.xxx.

Nora shifted her feathery wings upon her back and looked over her shoulder with medium blue eyes to stare at the mare and stallion trailing along behind her. None of them were walking along side one another which struck the mare as odd; yet she knew it was expected due to their temperaments. Arctica was reserved even with her family members and Moose always choose to follow behind someone else due to his self degrading nature and his inability to think of himself in any way as a leader. Nora gave a sigh and shook her head; wondering just how siblings could act in such a manner around one another. It was even more unbearable to think that Arctica and Moose would act this way around their brother and her daughter whom they were on their way to see. "Don't trail too far behind." She called to them as they continued down the gradual slope of the mountain path.

Arctica's lips curled into a frown and she furrowed her brow at her sister's request but nevertheless she picked up her pace, the sound of her hooves clopping along against the rock increasing in frequency. The mare choose not to say anything though and she tossed her head, causing the braids in her mane to tangle amongst one another.

Moose's head hung low as he lethargically followed behind his sisters in front of him. He had only ever met Nora and Arctica, but he was aware that there were six more siblings that he had and he was on his way to meet him. Instantly degrading thoughts plagued the stallion's mind; wondering if his unknown sibling would think him to be as inferior as he made himself out to be. Then of course there was his niece who he would be meeting as well for the first time. The stallion shook his head and snorted lightly at the thought; hoping he would be able to make the best out of the situation.

--------------------

It had been a long time since the last time he had had a meeting with his siblings, and the last one had been with his two other brothers, Roka and Jinx. He hadn't yet met any of his sisters or the other two brothers, but this meeting he was going to meet up with Nora, Moose, and Arctica. Following him was his cheerful, happy-go-lucky niece, the daughter of Nora, the eldest of the siblings under Orchu and Kasumi. As he was musing over the sudden want for a meeting between the family, Mocha suddenly launched into the air above him, causing him to chuckle fondly.

She laughed cheerfully, excited about seeing her mother again. Uncle Hinote, being the quiet, gentle type he was, was taking his time as he led her to the meeting place. Being the cheerful, hate-to-be-bored kind of mare, she soon grew tried of walking and immediately launched into the air, preferring to fly instead of walk. (Really, perhaps she had spent too much time with Indu!) As she hovered in the sky trying to keep the flying pace with her uncle's, she soon spotted her mother and... two other Soquili with her. She tilted her head curiously and immediately landed next to Hinote, hoping to ask him for more information, since she had never met any of her family before besides her mother, Hinote, and Grandfather Orchu.

--------------------

Nora's ears perked up as she heard a rush of wind from someplace ahead of them and her medium blue orbs fled to the sky to see her daughter's white and light brown feathers keeping her afloat as she hovered in the air for a few moments. At the beaming look on her daughter's face, Nora couldn't help but smile to herself. Mocha was always a cheerful one that was pleasant to be around. The mare picked up her pace to a light trot; reaching the base of the mountain and the place at which they were to meet Mocha and Hinote. She nickered to them as they finally came into view, approaching the spot as well.

Dark gray orbs followed the silver mare in front of her as she trotted on ahead; noticing from her elevated position the two soquili that were there beyond Nora. Arctica tilted her head curiously, noticing that Nora resembled both of them while she and Moose were more similar in color; both have predominantly black coats. However, that was no matter, they were all related and in this situation that was what happened to matter most. Arctica swished her long tail and broke out into a lazy canter until she caught up to Nora and paused at her side; making sure to look over her shoulder to see that their brother was still on his way behind them.

Moose kept his head hung low, his eyes upon the ground as he ambled along down the path. His ears pinned back and he finally looked up when he heard Arctica picked up her pace; her hooves clopping animatedly upon the rock. The stallion halted as his eyes scanned over the scene that was before him; his four relatives standing there in a group. Perhaps they had forgotten he was there, though that thought was dismissed when Arctica purposefully looked back at him. Once again he continued at his previous pace, somewhat dreading the idea of meeting his brother and his niece.

--------------------

"Mama!" she whinnied a greeting. "Mama, it's been so long! How have you been?" she smiled, glad to see that her mother was well. "Mama, Uncle Hinote has been a great babysitter." She winked at Hinote who gave her a dry look. "But it's been forever! Who's with you? Uncle never says anything and always leaves surprises to happen!" Among the family, Mocha was a bright, talkative mare who found pleasure in the simplest things. "Oh?" She had spotted Moose, and was wondering why he was lagging behind. "You look so sad!" she darted over to him. "What's there to be sad about?"

He tilted his head in greeting of his siblings, smiling quietly at Mocha's enthusiasm while he shrugged at Nora, letting his sister know that she did as she pleased for the most part. He nodded to Arctica, and then also noticed Moose, thanks to Mocha. He felt slightly ashamed to not have noticed Moose at first, but then he, too, was curious about why Moose's eyes were so sad.

--------------------

"I've been fine darling." The mare smiled; nuzzling her daughter affectionately. "Your grandfather might come down here later to join us all. He was a bit preoccupied when we left but he said to send his love." She said it more to Mocha but her eyes fell upon her brother to show that Orchu meant it to him as well and she hoped that Note didn't overlook the meaning she tried to convey. Her gaze drifted back to her daughter who was rambunctious as ever. "I brought you another uncle and another aunt." She teased her daughter. Nora looked briefly over her shoulder to see Moose still trudging down the mountain and then she looked her Arctica, who was standing near her flank.

Arctica's gaze watched Mocha curious, and she prepared to introduce herself to her niece. That however never happened. Just as she was opening her mouth, the mare took a few steps back and off to the side around her sister Nora in order to get out of Mocha's way as she quickly trotted over to Moose.

Moose's eyes grew wide in bewilderment and he retreated a few paces before halting there; taken about by his niece who had instantly began to question him. "I-I..." He stuttered; his mouth unable to form words. "Nothing-nothing to be upset about." The stallion stated quickly. He was not one to tell others about his insecurities; especially not his family members since they were the reason for his doubts.

Arctica regarded the exchange between her brother and niece before turning her attention on Hinote, who also seemed a bit distracted by the pair. Arctica quietly made her way over to stand next to him. "Don't mind Moose. He always acts this way." She spoke casually; her eyes falling upon her youngest brother.

--------------------

Well, I'll be! thought Aeife to herself as she skimmed lightly across the skies in search of something interesting to do. Finding none however, the young mare had initially intended to return to where her brother and sister was and perhaps bug them to go on an adventure with her because as everyone knows, an adventure is not an adventure unless you have someone to go along adventuring with. Tilting her blue tipped wings, Aiefe was just about turn back when her eyes had settled upon a group of wind soquilis down below. Initially, Aeife would have been contented to pass them over without a second glance as it was common amongst certain soquili to gather about their own kind. But today however, something about this particular herd had caught her attention.

Some of them have similiar markings as me! And that one resembles grandfather! thought Aeife excitedly as she bandoned all thoughts of returning to her brother and sister. With an excited whinny, the wind mare mare for a landing just before the assembled group.

--------------------

'Crap~ I'm late, I'm late, I'm late~' Orion sped through the air, his wings poised up and away from his body as he cut through the sky. He was supposed to be meeting everyone about twenty minutes ago. He knew Mocha was going to be there, and Mother had warned him not to be late before Orion had left the teepee that morning.

Orion had been excited about the meeting, but not excited enough to -not- fall asleep under that delicious apple tree around noon. He was going to finally meet the rest of his family, all goodness-knows-how-many aunts and uncle he had and maybe a cousin or two. Uncle Moose and Auntie Arctica were supposed to be there too, Mother had said, but Orion sees them everyday, albeit the fact that they haven't said two words to each other. Ever.

Oh well. That didn't matter. What mattered was he was going to meet the rest of his lovely family and hopefully the rest wouldn't be such frigid icicles. He just had to get to the meeting spot first which was somewhere around here.

...He hoped.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:03 pm
.Wings :: Moose and Carmine.
.Date :: June 19, 2008.
.Pages in '[PRP] Wings and Things.' :: 1.
.xxx.

Night had fallen on the land signaling to most of the land that it was time to rest. Across the quiet lands a surprisingly loud cry of joy rang out as a black and tan blur streaked across the sky.

Most of the world wanted rest at nightfall, however, Carmine never really was like most of the world. Her chocolate brown eyes were half squeezed shut as she beat her wings as hard as she could to achieve speeds she had only dreamed of as a foal. Her long pale rose colored flew out behind her whipping at her sides almost painfully. She felt like she could go on like this forever.

With a giant grin plastered on her face she gazed down to the ground, or lack there of. She couldn't remember flying off over the ocean. In fact the last time she had checked she had been rather far from any water at all. She shrugged figuring that it was probably better not to be over solid ground her first shot at this.

Taking in a deep breath she folded her legs up to the rest of her body and shut her wings. She had always wanted to try free falling but she hadn't imagined that it would feel so...terrifying. She hadn't fallen more then 50 feet before she chickened out and reopened her wings. The force of the wind against them hurt but didn't stop her flight and a few moments later she had turned to head back to where she could see the shore.

--------------------

A mostly black stallion was standing on a cliff that over looked the sandy beach below; his crystal eyes following the water as it surged in and then back out to sea. The Tide continued to grow higher and the waves crashed against the scattered rocks upon shore in thunderous claps each time the water rushed forth upon the land. Moose had a weary look upon his face, attempting to stay as far back from the edge of the cliff as he could yet still close enough to gaze down at the scene below. His father had suggested for the stallion to take a walk there since he was restless and unable to sleep; the plague of tiredness that came with the fall of the sun seeming to have passed over him without notice. Moose pondered his current situation momentarily; wondering if he should flying again. He rarely took advantage of his feathered appendages; feeling more comfortable generally simply walking to where it was that he cared to go. The male was just trying to decide whether or not to take a running start before spreading the tips of his wings as far as they would reach when sudden a noise rang and through the sky causing Moose to freeze. The crystal eyes searched frantically from the source; his orbs following a object moving swiftly through the sky. The stallion tilted his head curiously with his mouth slightly open as he observed it's movements.

--------------------

She had slowed down considerably after her short fall a bit shaken. It had sounded like a good rush but what things actually were and how they sounded were often completely different. This was one of those instances. The mare thoroughly enjoyed the thrill of flight that few experienced, she loved to be high above the ground and loved the feel of the wind rushing past her, she did not enjoy falling.

When one fell it meant letting go of any and all control one might have and while Carmine was not a control freak by any means she liked to keep things her way at least a little bit.

She gave her head a shake to clear the feeling before focusing her attention solely on making it to land. As she got closer a figure became clear on the edge of a cliff. She blinked a few times to make sure it wasn't just her shocked mind playing tricks on her. A large smile spread onto her face when the figure remained and she tilted slightly changing her course to head right to them.

--------------------

Moose's eyes were attached to the silhouette in the sky as it dropped a considerable distance but it reached a point and then it was as if the creature had suddenly taken an orthogonal path. The crystal orbs of the stallion stared at the being in confusion; it was flying but it no particular direction it seemed. Simply hovering there from his point of view.... However, it seemed to be increasing in size at a slow, but steady pace. The stallion finally understood that the creature was flying in his general direction. Moose blinked and furrowed his brow; realizing that whatever it was had changed it's course so it was dead on target with him and his eyes widened and he backed up a few paces. Before he had considered the silhouette to be a bird; yet he thought now that it was most definitely another wind soquili, or another one with some form of wings that was. The stallion's mind was livid as he thought of what to do... He could fly away, although that seemed completely pointless given the fact that he had witnessed just how fast it was able to maneuver through the air. The thought was soon dispelled however as a more pressing issue {to him at least} was presented. All his siblings were brave and there would never turn and run just because they knew another soquili was approaching. In fact, they would all wait for it's arrival and possibly make acquaintances with said soquili. He gave a disheartened sigh at his degrading thoughts, recalling just how inferior he was to his siblings.

--------------------

As the distance between Carmine and the land shrunk the figure on the cliff was becoming more clear. Her smile grew inside as it was apparent that she was flying towards another horse. It was always exciting to meet others and she was using that excitement as fuel to push herself just a bit faster.

"Hello over there!" She called trying to sound as friendly as possible despite her being slightly winded from her long flight. She didn't want to frighten whoever was standing there away because it would make her feel bad and also a bit like she wasn't wanted around. Neither of those things were especially pleasant.

--------------------

Moose watched as the other gracefully touched down on the land not to far in front of him; though they were a tad difficult to make out since it was night time after all and everything was dark. He heard them call out to him and based on the voice Moose was aware that it was a mare standing before him. "Hello!" He called out back to her, his voice wavering slightly. He took a few steps forward, attempting to observe what the mare looked like through the darkness but even at a closer distance it still proved to be difficult. Moose wanted to question her, to inquire how she was able to fly at such an unbelievable speed. Or ask her why she had suddenly fallen earlier. Had she been in danger, or had her wings suddenly withdrawn from tiredness? There was a number of possibilities {or so Moose thought}. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable though but asking her numerous amounts of questions. Instead he could try to strike up a conversation, although that often proved a challenge for him as well since he usually waited for others to speak. "Do you go out flying at night often?" He inquired softly. Alright, so it didn't seem like such a bad question to start off a conversation, but Moose still had his doubts.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:10 pm
.Unintended :: War, Admiral, and Eloran.
.Date :: June 20, 2008.
.Pages in '[PRP] Unintended.' :: 1.
.xxx.

An orca pelted mare moved as swiftly as she could through the tall grass, while keeping her blue eyes focused downward, in an attempt to follow her wolf who was currently have a ball dashing away from her. She silently praised the fact that he was black and his fur stood out distinctively against the green strands of grass swaying gently back and forth. "Admiral!" She admonished in a strained tone; trying not to be exceedingly loud. Her scorn fell upon deaf ears though as the familiar blithely continued his movements. She had been following him near the tree-line of the forest at the edges of the meadow and she was becoming rather irritated by his behavior.

The wolf paused for a moment to bite at an itch on his front leg, giving it a lick afterward. Suddenly his ears perked forward and he posed in a crouched position as if he were preparing to pounce upon a nearby insect. However, a scent had cascaded past his nose, coming from the direction of the forest. It was some sort of rodent, perhaps a chipmunk or squirrel... Or even a rabbit quite possibly. Admiral stalked forward out of the grass and into the forest; frozen as his sapphire eyes caught sight of the creature. The wolf never had any intention of harming another animal, he simply enjoyed the game of chasing them; they were never dull. He let out a low growl and bounded out toward the squirrel who quickly made to dark away from the oncoming figure.

War expelled a sigh of relief as the wolf came to rest in the grass, though it was short lived since he was back on his paws and moving seconds later. "Admiral!" She scolded him again as he set off into the forest chasing after some animal. The mare snorted in disdain and she followed behind her incorrigible wolf in a moderate trot; making sure to keep the familiar in her view. He disappeared behind a tree and she rounded it behind him. Her gaze falling upon the base of the trunk where Admiral had his two front paws placed up against it; his eyes looking into the overhead branches while he growled and swished his tail back and forth. War sighed. "You're never going to catch it now." She informed him in, her eyes focusing on taking in their surroundings momentarily. The forest was nothing new yet the mare always found it important to be aware of what was around her. The ever so often shrubs coating the forest floor mixed with fallen leaves... the brown tree trunks with their scabbed bark occasionally peeling off in places... the green leaves dangling off slivers of brown attaching them to outstretching limbs... the black and brown Soquili who was standing at a distance between two trees...- Wait what? She thought to herself with a confused look upon her face. War's blue eyes focused on the figure she had just described and indeed it seemed as if they were standing there. The mare never recalled seeing them before and she judged it was a stallion based on its size. Suddenly a growl came from near her hooves and her gaze fled downwards. Admiral was standing there apparently about to chase after another squirrel or something based on his stance. "Admiral." She said in a harsh tone.

Admiral ignored his female companion and dashed off into the woods after another squirrel skittering about on the ground. The wolf was one step ahead of it and he kept darting toward the trunks of trees so that it would attempt to avoid him and not be able to climb up toward the safety provided in the nature features of the forest. He wasn't paying attention toward where he was going otherwise he would have realized that the squirrel was running in the general direction where War had noticed that stallion.

--------------------

For once, Bhanu wasn't hungry. He was probably twice as big as he had been when Eloran had first found him. For a bear, he was still quite small. For a soquili... well, at this point, he was about the size of a small foal. Fuzzy red-brown fur spiked all over his body, making him look cuddly. With Eloran, he certainly was cuddly. The cub treated the stallion as his parent, for who else had cared for him?

To be perfectly honest, Eloran couldn't imagine life without the little guy anymore. They had fallen into a comfortable pattern of searching for food for the cub and wandering Eloran's forest patrol so that he could continue to safeguard his home territory. Today, the cub's belly was already full, and they were ambling along the outer edges of the forest when noises had attracted the stallion's attention. Curious, he'd come closer, whispering to Bhanu to tread softly and keep his muzzle closed.

He halted when a black shape darted into the clearing nearby. He couldn't quite tell if it was fox or wolf, but it chased one of the forest creatures up a tree and stood there, intent on the escaped prey. Eloran didn't interfere, for this was the way of nature. Wild ones had to hunt in order to eat. Bhanu, however, seemed to feel differently. The cub began to shift his paws and rumble ever so softly. Eloran nosed him gently to get him to hush, but it seemed as if that slight noise had been enough. When he looked back up, there was a mare, whispering to the hunting creature, and then scanning the forest. He stood stock still in surprise. That was no wild hunter on the trail of food! That was a companion to one of his own kind!

He watched as her eyes passed right by him as if she hadn't seen, but then jerked back to him in astonishment. He wasn't sure if he should be amused or disgruntled that she seemed surprised to find him here among the trees. It was his home, after all, but how could she know that? He was about to call a mild greeting when the black creature... a wolf, he could now tell... set off again after some small animal. Which ran straight for him. Another soft growl from beside him made him glance down quickly, then back up at the swiftly approaching wolf. Utoh.

"Wait," he blurted, trying to set a hoof in front of the bear, but to no avail. The example the stallion had set for the little one had set in, and Bhanu was determined to protect the forest and all its denizens, even the rather panicked squirrel that sped away from the tactics of the wolf. The squrrel seemed to sense the bear's determination, for it ran right between the lumbering cub's paws, then scurried up Eloran's leg and hid in his mane. Eloran could only watch as the young bear rose up on his hide paws and gave a rather big roar for such a young animal. The cub's paws waved in the air, and he bared his teeth at the wolf as he roared.

For a moment he wavered there, looking ferocious. Then it seemed his energy ran out all at once, for he dropped back to four paws and sat down, sending an inquiring look back at Eloran before grooming one paw nonchalantly. All Eloran could do was shake his head and hold back his laughter before moving towards Bhanu.

--------------------

The wolf slid to a halt among the stones, bark, and leaves littering the forest floor as he approached an even larger creature which the squirrel seemed to use as protection. Admiral stood roughly ten feet or so away from the bear. He displayed his fangs and snarled at the red-brownish pelted creature; his claws digging into the dirt and his head lowering slightly as he took in the size of his opponent. The growls of the wolf grew progressively louder; not even noticing the stallion standing close by the bear. The bear rose to its hind legs and roared. Admiral was preparing to lunge himself at the bear when War dashed in front of him; sliding to a halt as she shielded her companion.

War hadn't followed too rapidly after Admiral until she noticed him skid to a halt; realizing something must have gotten in his way for him to be averted from the current game he had busied himself in by chasing the squirrel. The mare had at that moment set off in a fast paced canter to quickly arrive at the spot where Admiral stood facing a bear. She had instantly moved to stand in front of him; prepared to protect him. The mare had temporarily forgotten all about the stallion, that was she until she saw him standing behind the bear. The bear then fell to sit down; looking sudden tame. War glared at the odd creature, wondering what could have possibly compelled it to get so close to her familiar. Her eyes continued flickering between the bear and the stallion, still remaining in front of Admiral. The stallion however moved forward, shaking his head. The mare held her ground get visibly seemed to grow less tense and the piercing stare she had held seem to fade. "I assume that his would be your familiar?" She inquired almost a little too softly to the stallion. Although it was more uncommon in War's opinion for a Soquili to take a bear as their familiar it was not uncommon. Her close friend Orchu did have a bear as his familiar as well; though in her opinion Rami hardly qualified as a bear. Rami had grown a great deal since he was a cub, but he was always a stubborn bear who only was content when he got what he wanted. Plus Rami never so much as roared or used his claws {except maybe when climbing trees}. The mare tossed her head; allowing her to ignore her mind dawdling even longer upon the topic of the bear Rami. This red and brown pelted bear sitting in front of her was certainly not Rami and he had even dared to threaten her familiar. War waited for a response from the stallion.

Admiral furrowed his brow and shut his mouth, only scratching at the dirt a few seconds longer before walking a few steps closer beside War. He watched the bear with an apprehensive eye in case the bear decided to roar again and expose it's neck to his claws. A sudden movement off to the side caught Admiral's attention and he let his sapphire orbs fall upon it for a few seconds. A curious squirrel seemed to be clinging to the base of a nearby tree. Usually the wolf would instantly dart toward it but in his current predicament he thought it best not to stray form War's side.

--------------------

Eloran eyed the mare's reaction to the cub's actions with some trepidation. He could feel the little squirrel trembling like a leaf in autumn within his mane, little claws clinging to his neck and strands of his mane. He fixed a stern look at the wolf at first, but shifted his gaze to the mare as she spoke.

"No, he is not my familiar," he corrected smoothly, keeping his expression mild. "He is my companion. You might even be able to say he is my adopted son, considering he was an orphaned in fact when I took him in." He paused a moment, shifting his eyes on the tense canine at her side. "With your question, I would then assume that he indeed is a familiar?" His gaze was once again stern. "Assuming you keep him well-fed, why was he terrorizing the helpless little ones in my forest?" His gaze didn't shift from the wolf this time. It hadn't escaped Eloran's notice that the wolf was now eying another squirrel. The one in his mane stuck out its head and chittered scoldingly at wolf and soquili equally before ducking back beneath his thick mane.

Bhanu, however, continued his mild-mannered nature. The squirrel was safe, and Eloran was dealing with things now. The bear seemed to feel completely comfortable with leaving the situation in the soquili's care. With a faint grunt, the redwood-colored bear rolled over onto his side and began getting comfortable. Time for a nap, apparently.

--------------------

War snorted, her tone rather one of annoyance and mock apology. "Sorry my mistake." To the mare her familiar was her companion and she saw little difference between the words. Apparently the stallion considered them to be two difference concepts though. War felt a twinge of sympathy for the cub as the stallion mentioned its history, yet it was short lived since he had caused trouble amongst Admiral.

"Excuse me?" She said is an affronted tone; wondering what exactly the stallion was on about. "How on earth is her terrorizing them? He is simply playing." Her wolf would never harm another being and it made Admiral excited when he was chasing other creatures, he never meant to alarm them. The wolf always thought of the forest wildlife as playing along with him and the mare saw nothing wrong with that. "Your forest?" She added in an angry tone. "Since when did you claim ownership over it?" War snorted. That had to be one of the most ridiculous things she had ever heard. The mare's eyes caught sight of a squirrel sticking it's head out of the stallion mane and she cringed at it. How could one stand to have such a creature hiding out in its mane without any care it seemed?

The wolf's eyes focused on the cub as he began to shift and it released a grunting noise. Admiral again showed his fangs slightly and growled quietly at the bear; unsure as to what it was doing. However the bear seemed to lie down and pose no impending threat so Admiral grew silent again whilst keeping a fixed eye upon the bear.

--------------------

What a sarcastic young thing she was! Eloran's brows rose at her mocking tone, and then lowered into a frown at her accusatory manner. The further she got, the more she said, the more a low burning anger grew in him. He was not a stallion swift to anger, but to so lightly regard the feelings of other creatures!

"How, you ask? How?!" He stomped a hoof in place and leaned forward, straightening to his impressive height. "How would you like to have something at least ten times as big as you with sharp teeth and claws to come chasing you down through your home territory, hmm?" His eyes flared with righteous indignation. "And how would you like it if that huge monster kept toying with you, cutting off your escape routes with canrivorous glee?" He shot a look at the 'playful' wolf. "Even with good intentions, one individuals amusement can be another's complete and utter terror. These small creatures are hunted by real predators, real wolves. How exactly did you intend to inform this small beast that your pet wolf wasn't going to harm them?" His ears were pinned by now, and he felt near to baring his teeth.

"This forest does not belong to me, young miss," he continued, his voice lowering to an almost-growl. "I am the guardian of it. I look after it and tend to its welfare, predator, prey, and plant." His eyes narrowed. This was very unlike the normal him, but his ire was roused by the careless and ignorant attitude of this stranger. "Now, if you would kindly take your pet and leave, I would be most appreciative." His tone was steady, but stern. "I'd like the terrorizing of the small creatures left to the real predators."

Meanwhile, young Bhanu had visibly completely ignored the goings on, and by the end of Eloran's speech was snoring away quite loudly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:17 pm
.When Stars Collide :: Eury and Kai Liu.
.Date :: June 21, 2008.
.Pages in '[PRP] When Stars Collide.' :: 1.
.xxx.

There was one place he could always go when he was lonely or looking to impress a mare. At the moment he was lonely. It had been a long time since he'd been here, and no one to keep him company. Misae had greeted him warmly but... the two mares he had known were gone, and the other two Stallions there weren't the friendliest. His father, Ciardha, had been gone.

His father... that player. Not that he should be ragging on him for it. Kai had inherited the flirtations and suave manner with the ladies from his. His half brother, Kale, had seemed to pass over that trait.

Kai shook his head, the dual-toned mane flying through the air. Oh well, one couldn't expect everything to be the same after time. Something to pick himself up with would be nice. A pretty mare to woo or a friendly Stallion to terrorize mares with was a good example. If not, he'd go to his little spot in the woods.

--------------------

A black mare flew through the sky, her feathery wings outstretched as her blood red eyes scanned over the land some distance beneath her. She noticed a black figure below her moving through the tall grass of the meadow; his ebony coat giving him away against the lush green shade surrounding him. Eury studied him curiously, allowing herself to dip down and fly closer to the ground.

It appeared that the stallion's hooves were carrying him in a near straight line to the forest that bordered the meadow. The mare gave a smirk and her eyes showed a devious sparkle in them. Perhaps it might be interesting to pester the stallion; to inquire upon just what he was doing. Eury could think of nothing more entertaining at the moment to occupy her time so she began to circle downward through the air. Almost silently she landed a short distance behind the stallion and quickly trotted over to his side; intent on asking him the reason he was heading into the forest for.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:20 pm
.Night Light :: Auri and Toujours.
.Date :: June 22, 2008.
.Pages in '[PRP] Night Light.' :: 1.
.xxx.

Staring intently with his eyes closed, Toujours had his head tilted up, his left hind leg propped comfortably, and a gentle old friend waving in the breeze above his head.

Indeed, this was often how he passed the nights... given that he dozed for most of the day. The tree to his right was a good tree, an aged oak with great gnarly boughs that twisted in the most amazing patterns when he looked at them as the shadows covering the blanket of stars.

Not that he could actually see the tree or the stars right now, since his eyes were closed and all, but he was practicing his mental visualization of things. He had recently put this task to young Seresai and Wildfire in their last lesson together, and while he had felt confident that they could do it and set their minds at ease... the experiment had failed when the ever active Seres and stepped on her own foot and pushed Wile for it. wile, not one to back down, had naturally retaliated, so then he had to get involved and separate them.

Sighing at the memory, TJ carefully opened his eyes and smiled, realizing he had pictured the sight perfectly, and was far more relaxed then when he had started.

--------------------

A mostly black mare, her coat adorned by dotted swirls of gold, walked calmly through the short grass of the clearing. Her familiar, Lux, a wolf who's coat reflected hers only painted in silver dots, followed along by her back legs.

Unlike the wolf Admiral, Lux wasn't rambunctious and he choose to follow his mare as opposed to take off assuming the position of who was leading. Lux always cast a disdainful eye upon the younger wolf; it was important to be proper in Lux's opinion. Yet, that didn't matter at the time since Lux didn't have to deal with being around the annoying Admiral; he was content journeying next to Auri, wherever she may be leading him.

The mare let one of her silver eyes wander down upon the black wolf, and she noticed him give a short yawn. The mare smiled gently down upon him. Before setting out upon another night time adventure she had informed the wolf that he should remain in the teepee and rest; however her words fell upon deaf ears as Lux insisted upon following Auri nearly every where she went. She did adore his company very much so but she also didn't want the wolf to over exert himself.

Allowing her gaze to scan around them, Auri noticed a tree looming near by; one who's branches twisted and spread out, blocking her view from some stars in the over head sky. The mare again looked down upon Lux and she motioned with her muzzle to the tree and they began shifting their direction until they were ambling in a near straight line to the tree. Lux could use a bit of rest, Auri decided, and they would lie there for a period of time until they continued on their way for the night.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:23 pm
.Swirling About :: Auri and Diego.
.Date :: June 22, 2008.
.Pages in '[PRP] Swirling About.' :: 1.
.xxx.

Diego had heard much about his patterning. As he'd been born with it, grown up with it, it never seemed all that remarkable to him. Oh yes, he thought he was good-looking enough. Mares certainly seemed to pay attention to him--though not always in the best ways, but attention was something, so he didn't complain. He was tall enough at the shoulder, wide enough at the wing. But not dizzying or confusing, thank you very much.

Still, it wasn't often that he met someone with a pattern that competed with his, so when he spotted the dark mare, dotted in gold, white at the points and tips of her wings, he couldn't help but look. He couldn't help but stare. And then he smiled and trotted closer, wings rustling cheerfully. "Hello, hello," he called to her. "I'm Diego. What's your name?"

--------------------

The black mare, her body covered in golden dots that formed swirls upon her coat, had been day dreaming when suddenly brought her back to reality. A pink blush quickly rose to her cheeks, yet it would be incredibly hard to notice upon the black coat. "W-what?" She quickly stuttered; everything the being in front of her had said had flown into one ear and out the other as it were. Her silver eyes fell upon the stallion and she blinked, her gaze frozen upon him.

She looked him over for a minute, attempting to take in his pattern and coloring though she was still having a rather difficult time discerning anything at the moment it seemed. He was quite a slight, unlike any soquili she had ever encountered before. "Hi..." Auri responded shyly, fidgeting upon her hooves. She gave him an apologetic look. "I'm terribly sorry, but w-would you mind repeating what you said?"

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:04 pm
.Swirling About :: Orion and Eve.
.Date :: August 9, 2008.
.Pages in '[PRP] An Interesting Start.' :: 1 & 2.
.Status :: Complete.
.xxx.

Orion's back was itchy.

Orion gave his head a toss in a futile attempt to scratch the itch. The very ends of his mane tickled the spot, only making the itch spread further down his back, and Orion giving a pathetic whimper in return. It was the area right between his wings, and he gave the two limps a shake in another attempt to banish the awful itch.

'Itchy, itchy, itchy,' he thought with chagrin, finally dropping his body to the ground after another failed attempt to scratch his back in a dignified fashion. He rolled on his side, carefully tucking his wings close to his body, as he felt the lush summer grass brush against the infernal itch.

"Begone itch, begone! Mwahaha~ Take this!" he said vindictively as he rolled on his back, twisting and turning his body as he scratched his back against the ground with a maniacal grin. His legs flailed awkwardly in the air, but Orion couldn't bring himself to care, as the itch slowly abated. "I shall triumph!"

--------------------

Eve trotted with her knees kicking high up in the air, it was actually kind of a work out and with her long legs she thought it looked nifty. She had watched herself by the lake as she practiced this, well until she stumbled in on accident. Her dark curls blew into her face as she tripped over one of her long legs. She sighed softly, "What's knew," she said under her breath. She was clumsy for her size, she was tall and muscular a meer clone of her father's body work. Unlike her sisters who took on her mother's shortness. She decided this knee thing wasn't her thing so she began her normal trot before, stopping shortly to see a winded male, rolling in the grass and murmering something about an itch.

She giggled softly as she simply watched, both emerald green and honey golden eyes shimmered in delight. This was most comical to her. She thought before perhaps he said anything else embarrasing, since he hadn't taken notice of her that she'd speak before it were to late. "Hi." she replied in a chirped tone and adruptly for the matter. She did a little shuffle as if she were excited about something, but she simply watched him with a soft smile.

--------------------

So busy rolling and scratching his itch, Orion gae a jump at the arrival of a new voice. "Woah~" he yelped, twisting and twine again to right himself. He rolled over, strugging to plant it gangling legs firmly on the ground. He flailed a bit, finally giving up and rolling his eyes back to try to look at the mare upside-down.

His mane stuck out in odd directions, the braids sticking upwards while the rest laid in a tangled heap. A large chuck of hair covered half of Orion's face and he grimaced menacingly at it, blowing air upward in an attempt to get it out of his voice. 'Oh, the disadvantages of not have hands,' he thought, as he blew at it again, finally giving up a giving his head a shake.

Deciding to ignore his hair problem, he tilted his head a bit further back to finally get a good look at the mare. She was standing there patiently with a soft smile across her face and Orion grinned back sheepishly. "Urm, hi? Hehe."

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff