Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oni-seigyoki
You don't get graphics though...not at all. Funny I don't remember calling up my nearest Gaia administrator and saying, "Hey wanna make half of a game and then super hype it while you take forever to do it?" I wouldn't be phased if they pulled it to tell the truth. I'll probably play it a little, but I'd be just as happy playing some puzzle game or some other short flash game to get my few minutes of activity...

(I don't fish, I hang out in towns and rally and throw fireballs and chat.)
So what do you care that they imply weapons?
What do you gain?
How should they do this in your eyes?
How should they avoid inflation?
How should we avoid looking like clones?
(they gave you a timeframe, and have not over-passed it yet.)

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
The_Fooler
I really don't see why some Gaians insist on arguing on something they asked for. Hell, if the Admins wanted to, they could have ignored your request, or pull this whole project away from us and store it in a closet, never to be opened again. You asked for an RPG, be glad you're actually getting one. You're all acting like a child who is pissed because they didn't get a GameBoy like they asked for for Christmas.

But they are getting a gameboy. Just not the clear-purple limited edition game boy that they assumed thay were getting.
Then if you care so little whether or not the game is pulled away or not, why make such a big fuss about it? As said before, be grateful that you're receiving an RPG at all. As for "taking forever to do it", Gaia has recently (recently as in a year ago) gotten enough programmers for it. Before they only had less than a handful. The real production of the game just started a little over a year ago. And the developers still have plenty of time for any kind of modifications.

@The Undead Suitor: That is true.
None of that applied to anything that has been said in this argument. Inflation is sky rocketing anyway so mission not accomplished on that front. In my eyes it seems like they are the kid who acts out in class to get some more attention. A gimmick to draw more users and throw the old ones something to hold onto. Really I don't think they need it they are trying to be the nerd and the cool kid at the same time when they were doing really good with the forums in the first place. Seems a misplacement of effort on their part. I'm just voicing my opinion like you.
Gaia grows. Gaia changes/adapts. And when that happens new things are bound to appear. Change is supposed to be a good thing. The forums and Gaia itself won't change. The only thing is is that it will have a new feature added on.
Oni-seigyoki
None of that applied to anything that has been said in this argument. Inflation is sky rocketing anyway so mission not accomplished on that front. In my eyes it seems like they are the kid who acts out in class to get some more attention. A gimmick to draw more users and throw the old ones something to hold onto. Really I don't think they need it they are trying to be the nerd and the cool kid at the same time when they were doing really good with the forums in the first place. Seems a misplacement of effort on their part. I'm just voicing my opinion like you.

You want weapons, then you say that you agree that inflation is messed up.
Isn't this a topic about weapons and the conflict of why we use rings?
Isn't it obvious that not all people wish to use cluttered armor, or bulky weapons to play?
Haven't you realized that we are not a gaming community, but a community based on little avatars that represent us and our alter ego's?

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Gaia doesn't need a gimmick to draw in users, hun.
It's been doing just fine without an MMO attached to it.

Gaia has, and will always be, a social site centered around a forum and customizable avatar system.
A 'Battle System' was just something the admins had always wanted to make but didn't have the man power. It's just a little bonus, just like fishing, slots, cards, ect were.

I don't expect something like that to be nearly as 'deep' as WoW.
Anything, IMHO, is better than Maple, RS, or Adventure Quest.

In fact, my favorite MMO contains no stats, attack system, ect.
It's a little game called Puzzle Pirates on which a huge part centers on social interaction, much like Gaia.

My main point here is that Gaia Online is a Community Site NOT a Gaming Site.
The ring system promises to provide more room for customization that a class system ever could, customization also being a huge part of Gaia.

You really can't knock something you haven't seen the half of, IMO.
You can't deny the fact that this will probably be put all over the place that Gaia is getting an MMO added, and that will draw in users by the hundreds at least. Lady you just inadvertently supported more than half of my main point. Just like the other two. It is funny to see you guys arguing with me yet proving exactly what I say. You may not see it, but you agree with me on most if not all of my points. By the way it is a gimmick. People cried for it and to keep people happy they finally decided to do it. As far as released information goes this does nothing to further Gaia. Inflation technically doesn't exist on Gaia because there is no material cost therefore no need to raise secondary prices to keep up profit. It is more of a supply and demand type economy really. As in not many people have Nightmare Scarfs, therefore they sell for way too much. In closing I have said most of the things I wanted to say and it was an opinion thing and wanting to voice mine, just as I let you voice yours as you tried to pick apart mine.
Site an add for the gaia mmo from another site.
Anyway glad you guys gave clever counter points instead of just meaninglessly flaming me. Always good to see the intelligent crowd is still alive on Gaia.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
B8T

/me coughs.
http://www.virtualworldsnews.com/2008/02/gaia-announces.html
Officially announced the Game on Feb 20th.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Oni-seigyoki
Anyway glad you guys gave clever counter points instead of just meaninglessly flaming me. Always good to see the intelligent crowd is still alive on Gaia.

The ones that like to flame aren't online this time of day. wink

The thing is, we used the same points with completely different reasoning behind them.
Which happens in things like this where there is little fact to go on and opinions work in different, and weird, ways.

However, you're notion that the users whined for a battle system until they got one is wrong.
Way back in '04, Lanzer and one of the other original admins said that they wanted to make something like this. 3 years later they finally started it, due to being shorthanded and other things.
Chokin
B8T

/me coughs.

That is not an ad but a periodical.
It also proves that gaia had a large fan base before it even considered the mmo.
Chokin
Oni-seigyoki

The ones that like to flame aren't online this time of day. wink

The thing is, we used the same points with completely different reasoning behind them.
Which happens in things like this where there is little fact to go on and opinions work in different, and weird, ways.

However, you're notion that the users whined for a battle system until they got one is wrong.
Way back in '04, Lanzer and one of the other original admins said that they wanted to make something like this. 3 years later they finally started it, due to being shorthanded and other things.

And as always, Gaia will remain fundamentally free.
No hidden fee to use skills, or get access to different spots.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
B8T
Chokin
B8T

/me coughs.

That is not an ad but a periodical.
It also proves that gaia had a large fan base before it even considered the mmo.

Hmm... you're correct.
But it can easily be found on google. (Used 'gaia online MMO', was on first page.)
They obviously haven't made ad ads yet. Too soon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff