Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Oh nice.

I hope we get a NC expansion someday that would let you explore it in more depth.

It looks like a sxc area. c:

Perfect Pitcher

Hand painted and 3D? You guys put so much effort into this game; it has increased my appreciation for this game and rebuffed my patience for Chapter 2. ^_^

I always look forward to these behind-the-scenes threads.

Familiar Lunatic

I totally did not recognize the farmhouse >.<
I love this!

@Valheita+tangocat777: both of you aim to make games, if I recall correctly, right? add me to the list >.>

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
gataka
I totally did not recognize the farmhouse >.<
I love this!

@Valheita+tangocat777: both of you aim to make games, if I recall correctly, right? add me to the list >.>
Yup. Well, at least I think Valheita wants in on video games, anyways. I know he doesn't really like high-level programming, last time I checked, but I believe he said he still sets up graphical interfaces by himself.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
gataka
Aye, though likely as not I'd be more in the coding than the modelling.

Still a mighty valuable skill to learn.

@Tango: I'm a consumate hard-coder. Though that may be changin' soon enough, depending on how my current project goes.

Familiar Lunatic

Good to hear. I need to catch up >.>
I'm aiming for Overlord Game Designer.
This means I need to get an understanding of everything involved.
From coding to music. Which is great 'cause I love it all.
And would do it all if that was sane.
Anyway.

@Mavdoc: I doubt you'll answer this... An example of an entirely in house area? >.>
And I can't wrap my mind around the amount of painted surface this represents. Urg.

Lonely Dragon

Oh coooool...

In a relationship with VVishing

How come the null chamber is not as dark as it is in this picture?

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

iTamako
How come the null chamber is not as dark as it is in this picture?

Because it doesn't really matter how the colors in the ambient are set up to look like in the 3D picture. They are going to make a 2D picture using a sample screenshot of the "skeleton" of the 3D model, and while doing so, they can tweak lightning effects anyways they wish it to, by simply coloring the picture that way, and then adding the effects on the flash player. However, adding complicated light sources on the model would be rather pointless, since no one is going to see them in first place, and the model is a lot of work on its own already.

7,500 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
I must play in the null field under the crystals D:
Hm... I say first do the Null chamber and add it to the game.
So when we daze, we awaken in an epic 3D chamber! =D
xP

Unforgiving Gaian

16,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
With all this time being spent on making 3D version of zOMG , are ya teasing us with a future 3D world perhaps? (if Gaia gets better funding and larger staff)

14,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Timid 100
  • Survivor 150
actually i think they make it in 3D first to get the layerings of the graphics right. So that it doesnt seem like you're in front of a bush when you're behind it. (just to name an extreme example)

Around the clamshell with the dead seahorse would be a good example if you've ever been in SS. Robofish also seem to have a bit of 3D in them if i look at how they move.

It's also why i dont have the guts to send in a resume for the animator thing, im no good at 3D, but i love 2D animating in flash. I've actually given a few classes on that during my internship.

Fluffy Lover

those look so cool.

i wish some rich billionaire could fund you guys.
Those look amazing!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces