What you will like more?

PvP 0.27491408934708 27.5% [ 80 ]
Pet System 0.36082474226804 36.1% [ 105 ]
Clan Areas 0.079037800687285 7.9% [ 23 ]
Pollwhoring with NPCs? 0.28522336769759 28.5% [ 83 ]
Total Votes:[ 291 ]

Stephen Saphira
Area: Other
Summary: Trying to get ZOMG to run on a Ubuntu Machine.
Explanation: I had recently rebuilt my computer from a Windows OS to a Ubuntu v8.10 because of unrelated problems. However, when I had Windows I could play ZOMG with no problems. Since I had to switch OS's I have not once been able to access ZOMG, due to a timing out issue. I don't think this is a bug ( I can't find any reference to this) but this has happened on any linux machine I have come across. I think that ZOMG should be able to work for Linux, and I don't think that there should be too much of a problem with geting ZOMG compatable (I don't think this would affect core programming at least)
pictures: none.

This seems to be a problem with flash in the 8.10 (Ibix) repositories. It works fine for me on Ubuntu 8.04 (Heron). I'm not sure what Ubu changed between the two. (More Here in C&T)

Timid Genius

Area: Rings
Summary: Lunar Beam Ring
Explanation: Basically the opposite of the Solar Ray Ring. I had an idea to make the Solar Rays stronger during the day, and the Lunar Beam stronger during the night. RR4 for the Lunar Beam Ring would have to have the moon falling upon the target.
Pictures and ExamplesI wish my scanner worked....

edokitty's Partner In Crime

Demonic Hellraiser

Summary: Suicide Ring
Explanation: Transports user to Null Crystal, but locks the rings as if KO'ed. Higher levels work as Defib, allotting more rings to be unlocked upon return.

Area: Features/Other
Summary: Pay To Play
Explanation: Charge a minimal amount, (ie: $1.00/mnth) per account to access zOMG. This would deter users abusing multiple user accounts to play the game for cheap items, as well as give a steady stream of income, (ie: 1,000 users = $1,000 dollars/mnth) to upgrade the game, maintain server stability, etc.

Leurun's Other Half

Tipsy Vampire

8,150 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Mephistote

Explanation: Charge a minimal amount, (ie: $1.00/month) per account to access zOMG. This would deter users abusing multiple user accounts to play the game for cheap items, as well as give a steady stream of income, (ie: 1,000 users = $1,000 dollars/month) to upgrade the game, maintain server stability, etc.

D:
That would go against everything they promised us.
zOMG! is free and will remain, at least at it's core, free for everyone to play.
The amount of Gaians who would be overwhelmingly against an idea like this would be staggering if they even dared to suggest it.
Outrage in the streets no doubt.
I, for one, would never pay. Even at such a low price.
Pay to Play is the ONLY reason I don't have any other awesome MMOs to play.
People need money for other things.
Also, who really cares about items being cheap anyway?
I sure don't mind it. Having items not be insanely expensive makes zOMG! accessible to those who like the stuff but don't want/can't play the game itself.
My two cents, yeah?

rhiakrista's Husband

Dapper Elder

I agree completely Hyzenthlay!
Besides, if they actually charged and only 1000 people were willing to pay and it was only one dollar, well... that's a pitiful amount of money. If they didn't have other -steady- forms of income the poor developers would go stone broke. Quickly. If they ever charged to play (which would about be the day I quit Gaia...) they'd have you paying a minimum of $10, easy.

[.:User Image:.]
The Form

Area: Other sugestions (game control)

Summary: Add new key bindings "Next allied player", "Next crew member", "Next allied injured player", "Next injured crew member", "Next allied injured player (lowest HP)", "Next injured crew member (lowest HP)", "Next dead player", "Next dead crew member", "Next enemy (lowest HP)", "Next enemy (highest/ full HP)", "Last targeted enemy", "Last targeted ally"

Explanation: Do i really have to explain these keybindings? Use of each should be obvious, it makes the live of healers so much easier.
Mephistote
Explanation: Transports user to Null Crystal, but locks the rings as if KO'ed. Higher levels work as Defib, allotting more rings to be unlocked upon return.

Explanation: Charge a minimal amount, (ie: $1.00/mnth) per account to access zOMG. This would deter users abusing multiple user accounts to play the game for cheap items, as well as give a steady stream of income, (ie: 1,000 users = $1,000 dollars/mnth) to upgrade the game, maintain server stability, etc.

Hey, don't do that!! I can't afford to pay for any sort of game!! This is a terrible idea for the current economy, as well. I have to tell you, if you did this, quite a few people would be upset. I, for one, would, more than likely, never return to Gaia. Yes, I admit, the only reason I'm here at all is zOMG. I am not ashamed to admit it, but I enjoy a bunch of other features here. I would hate it if you started charging for zOMG. And no, I could not even afford to pay $1 a month, I barely squeak by as it is, and I get on MMOs like zOMG to relieve stress from a hectic and frantic day of work and college!! So PLEASE don't take it away!!
^^Definitely. The lack of ally-type key bindings makes healing through the Crew window a pain and a half. Doesn't matter with Diagnose, but for everything else (even buffs), that'd be spectacular.

^^^Pay-to-play would last a week, tops, followed by a major "OMG WE'RE SO SORRY!!!!" announcement shortly after (note: this is not an apology to the DMP enemy). Contents would probably discuss what it means to be a corporation, the will of the consumer, etc, and how the quest for profit can go too far. But we do need a Gate spell equivalent.

^Same for me. zOMG brought me back to Gaia (as I thought it would).

Now for a few suggestions:
Area: Other (server list)
Summary: List server locations next to their name ("Landshark One - Redwood City, CA", etc.), assuming they are in more than one location.
Explanation: It's better to let people know where they're connecting, rather than have them guess latency on trial and error.

Area: Other (server list again)
Summary: Make Error 104 less skittish..
Explanation: I'm positive I'm not the only one who's loaded into a server seconds after I get a timeout message. I know that's not a glitch/bug (which is why I'm not in Bug Reports), it's just a flaw in the design that needs fixing. Sometimes a server is unreachable, which makes the 104 popup useful, but it shouldn't be so eager to pop up, 'cause then I have this 104 error hanging over everything I do, and if I try to close it I get booted back to the intro.
I'm not asking you to terminate connections at a 104, just make error 104 require a serious emergency and not just a few seconds of lag. Firefox, for example, waits about three minutes before playing the Connection Timeout card.

(Scratch that, the lag is terrible once I get t where people are. Weird. And I see that server went down. Not to report a bug.)
Cheri Wolf
The Solution

Area: Items (CHESTS)
Summary: Chest Stealing/Farming
Explanation: People complain way too much about people farming chests or stealing and w/e. A good change for that would be something where you can only open a world chest once per day. And if you're 8 highest cl rings average over the given chest cl you can not open the chest.

k thnx bai

That last part was a bad idea, it penalizes people like me that like to go through a game very slowly. I like to be a way higher level than necessary before moving on. If we did this, then I would be unable to complete quite a few quests.

edokitty's Partner In Crime

Demonic Hellraiser

Pay to play is NOT to provide funds for the devs to live off of.
It's mainly to provide server stability.
Servers cost money; the better the server, the more stable the game with multiple people running at the same time.
I admit it's not a perfect idea; it was simply an idea.
Area: Features
Summary: Ring Salvage failsafe
Explanation: After you salvage a ring, the game automatically targets the first ring in your action bar. After 18 hours of playing, you don't really pay attention when you salvage rings, so you might accidentally salvage the ring you are using. So, my suggestion is that it should be made impossible to salvage rings which are in use in your action bar. You really don't want to go and salvage your CL10 ring by accident, making those 18 hours you just played worthless.
Whether or not it is to improve the game, a lot of people would still be unable to play!!! It is a terrible idea!!

IRL Noob

The Form

Area: Items (chests)
Summary: Most damage (crew or solo) gets the chest.
Explanation: To prevent "Chest stealing", the chests should be locked UNLESS you're part of the crew that did the majority of the damage to the required monsters.
I've had too much trouble of people getting in one hit, right next to the chest, and taking it as their rightful privilege. It'd save a lot of frustration, and confusion of "who's chest it is" if there was no question, but it's yours if you can open it. Period.
Pictures and Examplesn/a

STRONGLY suggested.

I like the only once an hour deal, but seriously? People still steal.
I read in the forum of some guy, CL 3.2ish, who sat on Gold Beach, yelling for people to kill the fluffs for him so he could open the crate.
Stuff like this should not be ok.. (not as if anyone would DO that for him...)
But getting in one hit and claiming the crate/chest? confused
lulzno. Not after someone killed the rest.

IRL Noob

Mephistote

I think that is HIGHLY unlikely.

The Admins (Lanzer level) have stated since the beginning that Gaia will NEVER be PtP. EVER.

That is why they have all the cash shop stuff.

Original Player

Have warnings b4 the server close, like 30min, 20, 10, 5, CLOSED.

And in the hive keep a record of what wave we are on, in a way we can physically see.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff