16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Mavdoc
jellykans
Mavdoc
jellykans
Okay, someone asked a couple weeks ago if we had a siggy banner, what about this?

User Image
[IMG]http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p636/MistyMary24/Gaia/5954254c-d4f9-45c6-a840-ba8a89e329e3_zpsb44dbe82.jpg[/IMG]

Cool, I never thought of the idea of a zOMGaians banner! biggrin Did you make this jelly?

No, 2 friends did. But I asked them! Lol.

We have several meat regulars that are artists too. Maybe they could design something as well since they are close to our weekly event. 3nodding

I tried to test making an animated gif with this banner and some placeholder ones to see if we could make a dynamic banner with different submissions, but it would likely go over the 97k signature limit. xp

I like the banner idea though. It would be neat if we could advertise the time and day etc. right in the banner too. idea

Art? This looks like a job for an artist.
If only we knew one.
Oh well, where are we going to find one of those?
ninja

Barton Sweetheart

Mavdoc
"Long Live Doctor Who!"

User Image

I shall try and make this meet now,

User Image
User Image[/spolier]
Pirate Captain Sushi
Mavdoc
jellykans
Mavdoc
jellykans
Okay, someone asked a couple weeks ago if we had a siggy banner, what about this?

User Image
[IMG]http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p636/MistyMary24/Gaia/5954254c-d4f9-45c6-a840-ba8a89e329e3_zpsb44dbe82.jpg[/IMG]

Cool, I never thought of the idea of a zOMGaians banner! biggrin Did you make this jelly?

We have several meat regulars that are artists too. Maybe they could design something as well since they are close to our weekly event. 3nodding

I tried to test making an animated gif with this banner and some placeholder ones to see if we could make a dynamic banner with different submissions, but it would likely go over the 97k signature limit. xp

I like the banner idea though. It would be neat if we could advertise the time and day etc. right in the banner too. idea

If only we knew one.
ninja

Well I was thinking of you, Scully, Ren, Panda, Sweet etc. plus other potential artists that I might not even know about that attends the meats. 3nodding

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Mavdoc
Pirate Captain Sushi
Mavdoc
jellykans
Mavdoc
jellykans

User Image

If only we knew one.
ninja

Well I was thinking of you, Scully, Ren, Panda, Sweet etc. plus other potential artists that I might not even know about that attends the meats. 3nodding

I could totally make a banner for you guys. It wouldn't be a problem. o 3o
This should be a sinch.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Mavdoc
The current season of Doctor Who has restarted, the time and space traveling alien who gets into all sorts of trouble, but always ends up saving the world (or Universe!).

So to celebrate this 7th year of the reboot of the UK's favorite TV series, the theme for today's dev meat is "Long Live Doctor Who!" (thanks to Scobre for the idea!). Feel free to dress as any character from ANYWHERE in the Doctor Who universe, dating all the way back to the 1960s. Let's see how well fellow fans can guess who you're supposed to be. biggrin

For anyone not familiar with the series, (shame on you wink ) use your imagination and create a character from some undiscovered alien planet or another adventuring space traveler. eek

We'll meat up at the crop circle in Village Greens on Bladed Vase server at 5pm PST today. 3nodding

(That's April 5th, 2013 AD for those that have a poor sense of time... travel. xd )

Shame our favorite half-zurg can't show up, but thank you Mavdoc. Awesome Doctor Who avi. I'm dressing as Clara Oswin Oswald since I can relate the most with her with her lack of height problem, humor, and brains. At least I'm not a total flirt like her.

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
Zealand_Aquarius
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm ready to party~

Pirate Captain Sushi
Mavdoc
Pirate Captain Sushi
Mavdoc
jellykans

If only we knew one.
ninja

This should be a sinch.

Coolness! biggrin Maybe we should make them all the same size in case we can use them together somehow in a GIF if possible. Could you make it 400 x 148 pixels in size like this banner that jelly submitted? Or maybe we could wait until we get the other possible artists feedback on a standardized size??

Not sure, I don't know much about banners-- I don't even know how to add them to my sig! xd

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Mavdoc
Pirate Captain Sushi
Mavdoc
Pirate Captain Sushi
Mavdoc
jellykans

If only we knew one.
ninja

This should be a sinch.

Coolness! biggrin Maybe we should make them all the same size in case we can use them together somehow in a GIF if possible. Could you make it 400 x 148 pixels in size like this banner that jelly submitted? Or maybe we could wait until we get the other possible artists feedback on a standardized size??

Not sure, I don't know much about banners-- I don't even know how to add them to my sig! xd

Sure thing. 400x148 it is.
I could also work on some super-small sized banners to fit in peoples signatures without being an inconvenience, since we have a size limit as well as the memory usage limit.

Retro Punk

Exiled Puppet
GuinAoiichi

Slightly bad quality but this is a decent video explanation.
Weeping angels are one of Doctor Who's most iconic villains aside from Daleks.
They're definitely the creepiest ones imo.
Whatever you do, don't blink.

ah ok ! Is it ironic that those particular villains stone statues (something that by definition can not move) Yet they are "faster than you can imagine" And how do they come through your tv?

Also do they only move when someone is watching? or when they are not being watched? WHy is it that they don't move when you don't blink? What would happend if it was pitch black? would you still have to "not blink"??
Pirate Captain Sushi
Mavdoc
Pirate Captain Sushi
Mavdoc
Pirate Captain Sushi

If only we knew one.
ninja

This should be a sinch.

Sure thing. 400x148 it is.
I could also work on some super-small sized banners to fit in peoples signatures without being an inconvenience, since we have a size limit as well as the memory usage limit.

Okay, I'll trust your judgement since I don't know myself. sweatdrop

When I did a GIF test on the image jelly submitted, I half scaled it to 200 x 74 to save file size and it still looked perfectly fine with only 1/4 the data. Maybe we could work within this aspect ratio?

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
GuinAoiichi
ah ok ! Is it ironic that those particular villains stone statues (something that by definition can not move) Yet they are "faster than you can imagine" And how do they come through your tv?

Also do they only move when someone is watching? or when they are not being watched? WHy is it that they don't move when you don't blink? What would happend if it was pitch black? would you still have to "not blink"??

When any living being looks at a weeping angel, the angel freezes into stone. When nothing can see the angel, it comes alive and can move very fast. The light being too dim to see an angel is the same as not looking at an angel (or blinking). If the light flickers, the angel comes alive when it's dark, and can move, even if you were looking in its direction.

Wheezing Warlord

Props if anyone can tell who I'm supposed to be.
~☠

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
SykoCaster
~☠

The Doctor from the original movie?

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
Best Amy Pond cosplay I could do. gonk
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Barton Sweetheart

SykoCaster
~☠

William Hartnell? ( 1st Doctor) although I want to say you remind me of something else Dr Who like as well, the Captain from the Spaceship that the 7th and Ace land on?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff