Welcome to Gaia! ::

Raider

welp
i kinda feel like I just got dumped by someone that loved me.
this one time, I told this guy that if he clicked on the domo door 1000 times
it would let him in. he got to 500 before I told him he'd been tricked x3

BLUE DAWTS FOR LYFE
<3

Unbeatable Lunatic

I fakin called it. knew it that they were not gonna bring it back, they probably never even worked on zomg when they pull it down for maintaence. and just put it down and waitted few days/weeks before annoucing that they are perm shutting down zomg.

Magical Senshi

User Image
                                  no, i meant my items form z, i got a lot of power ups from pincey and emee though. not going to lie.

______________________________ .}CAIMBRIE

OhhCookiesX3

Fashionable Businesswoman

8,675 Points
    • Bunny Spotter 50
    • Cat Fancier 100
    • Grunny Grabber 50

pincheyoongi's Significant Otter

5,025 Points
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Gaian 50
    • Member 100
    Leasfy
    Just like some of us have speculated and feared, gaia has decided to pull the plug on zomg. Resource: here

gaia_spoons How do you feel about this?
    gaia_spoons Were you one of those who frowned upon this would happen?
    gaia_spoons What does this mean to you? Would you stay or go? Why? Why not?
    gaia_spoons If you decide to stay, where will be your new 'home'?
    gaia_spoons What would you do with your game items?
    gaia_spoons Post pict(s) of your special moments you experienced in zomg

admin
    As many of you know we shut down zOMG! to perform critical repairs to the game servers. Particularly we were addressing some critical vulnerabilities in the server infrastructure. We could not give a specific repair completion date because the extent of what systems the repairs would make to the game were unknown. Sadly, the changes needed were extensive and due to both hardware and Engineering limitations we had to make the tough call not to proceed. This means our beloved zOMG! MMO will not be making a triumphant return.

1- I feel bad, I have many years here, I Have had many accounts. zOMG was like, something good, I enjoyed playing there, I met many people because of that.

2- I really expected it, something would happen Told Me That

3- I'll stay it, but I'll Have to Think About It. Because without zOMG! this does not make much sense

4- I do not know, nothing equals without zOMG!

5- not know, I think I will leave there as a memory (?

Dangerous Duck

15,225 Points
    • Vicious Spirit 250
    • Restorative Spirit 250
    Leasfy

I am very annoyed by this, especially by their second announcement. The reason is because it is full of LIES. ''we shut down zOMG but it's not about money'' they say - OF COURSE IT'S ABOUT MONEY. If it weren't about money, then why not hire someone who is competent at fixing the zOMG code? If money was not an issue, then they would have hired someone and paid them to fix it. So don't bloody lie, Gaia Staff, yes it is about money and nothing else! Bloody liars.

What this means for me - I'm gonna start looking for an MMO elsewhere and I will probably disappear from gaia when I find one.

15,515 Points
    • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
    • Marathon 300
    • Battle: Counterstrike 150
    they think we are all stupid yes it is about money how many times a day they bring out a new item to sell but to sell with real money not fake gold they need to have put more effort in zomg then soooooo many items they want you to buy all recolors all new wings which I don't mind ninja buying some item to help gaia but hell let us enjoy wearing them in zomg like we want best place to have real action with people to strut our new look I would even be willing to pay 1dollar a month to keep zomg alive but gaia don't think we are soo stupid cause that's how you are making this action of taking away our fighting game we want our zomg ninja
    This is sooooo sad crying
    There's not much left to do here now unless the cash shop is your thing + reading endless announcements about the cash shop. Heck even the events have gone downhill.

Rogue

I view that staff notification as BS

Suyhay's Wife

Sparkling Genius

13,025 Points
    • Hotblooded Hero 50
    • Hero 100
    • Magical Girl 50
    Caimbrie
    User Image
                                    no, i meant my items form z, i got a lot of power ups from pincey and emee though. not going to lie.

______________________________ .}CAIMBRIE

OhhCookiesX3

yups i get mine from either doing the free gc vids or someone gave them to me
      Tragic news, and I feel pretty bummed a game I grew up with from its beginning has pulled the plug and albeit followed an almost similar and predictable slow crippling pattern that my other favorite small MMO (Dungeon Runners) fell victim to in many years past and before this game began to lose massive technical support.

I wouldn't say frown, but I saw this coming in some shape or form given the lack of adamant upkeep and love it used to have put into it. The server vulnerability can be possible in its current outdated/hardly updated state, and it is very dangerous and real. Can it be proven that was the main reason? Well... who's to say since no one was really aware of that backdoor, nor was it tampered with.

What it means to me is to reminisce all the good times I had when I played, and to pay my respects and move on like I did with Dungeon Runners and Phantasy Star Online. I am in my zOMG garbs I used to rough around in through almost every waking moment I played the game as I speak. and wearing my pin under my armor in support atm. 3nodding

My home has been the forums for a long time, and even before zOMG!
      I slowed down on gaia after Dead Mans Shadow, and life caught up with me too much to continue playing hardcore, though I would still bounce back on in brief moments to run a level with newer generations of players.

My in-game items will be collectors items and gateways to better times and fond memories specific to its origins.

Dapper Hunter

Leasfy
      Just like some of us have speculated and feared, gaia has decided to pull the plug on zomg. Resource: here

gaia_spoons How do you feel about this?
      gaia_spoons Were you one of those who frowned upon this would happen?
      gaia_spoons What does this mean to you? Would you stay or go? Why? Why not?
      gaia_spoons If you decide to stay, where will be your new 'home'?
      gaia_spoons What would you do with your game items?
      gaia_spoons Post pict(s) of your special moments you experienced in zomg

1- Words cannot adequately express my rage.
      2- I had a feeling this this was going to happen.
      3- zOMG was the only thing keeping me around for a long time. I probably won't stay.
      4- Nowhere.
      5- Hold onto them, mostly out of nostalgia and denial.
      6- I don't think I have any screencaps, but oh man did I love DMSing with my friends.
      gonk

Tricky Duck

It's always been fun playing it... Only game worth playing to be honest...
      Even when I got anoyed of zOMG! now and then... I'd always log back in!
      Darn... I'm missing it badly! gonk
      Seriously Gaia's best game... gone for good... crying

Quick Reply

Submit
      Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas