Welcome to Gaia! ::

PlumpGerty's Significant Otter

HALLOWEEN.

This is the old Jack sighting thread, and currently a place to hang out, chat, and, most importantly, reminisce about fighting Jack!

Please try to keep off-topic chatter and private conversations to a minimum :]

My plan is to bring this thread back for the next event that has something similar to the Golden Egg or Jack.

---------

IMPORTANT: Put yourself on recrewt if you want invites!

Let us know if you find Jack! Post this information:

code]
I FOUND JACK!!![/size
Server:
Area:
Health:
[/code
A Mini Guide to Killing Your First Jack by Inferno Breeze
1. You must be on the right server, in the right area to be on the recrewt list
2. You must have "Looking for Crew" checked in the recrewt list window to be on the list
3. WHISPER people who are already there as very few will check the thread
4. Move to the red dot on the mini map of THE PERSON WHO INVITED YOU. Other people in the crew may not already be at Jack's location.
5. SUPPRESS YOUR CL to the appropriate level BEFORE you get to Jack as the lag on the screen with Jack in it will make this slow.
6. Once you are there, use all your BUFFS and try to keep diagnosing the general area.
7. If you're not lagging horribly and Jack still has a substantial amount of health left (I generally go with more than 1/4), leave your crew and try to invite other people.

An Explanation of Layers (Metaphor time!) by Inferno Breeze
Think of a server as a BUILDING
Each layer is a FLOOR in that building
When you are on the 1st floor you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE OR HEAR what is going on in the 2nd/3rd/etc. floors. This means that SHOUTING will not alert the attention of those on the right layer. This also means that if you can't see Jack, he's probably on a different layer.
There are TWO WAYS to change your layer:
1. There will be light blue dots on your mini-map to indicate the location of your friends on a different layer. You can move to that friend by clicking on the dot. HOWEVER, if their layer is full, very often they will NOT show up on your mini-map.
2. You can be invited by someone else through the recrewt list. You will then be moved to their layer. This is why it is so important to BE ON THE RECREWT LIST.

Some people are using tinychat to hunt Jacks. Join them!

----------

Dev Quotes:
quote="bronstahd"]Taylor I hate your thread. Can't keep up.

FU[/quote T__T T__T T__T

[ JK ]: go set those ghosts free.. then you may make jack angry and spawn him >>

quote="bronstahd"]Nice guess. Of course there's one point to note: Jack won't stand there doing nothing while you hit him.

I'm just wondering who'll be the first to take him out in Otami...[/quote
quote="bronstahd"]quote="Kytona"]Hey Bron! 3nod: Is he going to be on multiple maps, or just in Otami? And if he is on multiple maps... Is Otami the hardest one?[/quote

Multiple maps. Otami is indeed the hardest, by quite a wide margin. In fact, he's been too difficulty for us to defeat internally... so I guess it's up to all of you to show us how to do it. :][/quote
quote="Kuzuan"]Jack is not one for subtlety when he decides to make an appearance.
quote="[ JK ]"]quote="Lenny Boo"]quote="Little Cookie God"]quote="Flemp"]So instead of fixing the lag in the servers,
they decided to just lower the reward?
Jeez, they are such assholes. XD[/quote

Indeed they are the biggest assholes on the planet![/quote
Agreed ;_;[/quote

Really Gaians... really?

Is gold the only thing you care about on Gaia? We worked really hard to bring this event to zOMG (most of you guys are probably totally oblivious to what kind of struggle that we.. zOMG team goes through now that we've been downsized) . We know that the event is not perfect, but we wanted to make something that was fun and challenging for everyone. Jack was designed to be a very rare spawn and you weren't supposed to fight him on a regular basis. With so many people server hopping, this totally defeated what we intended with Jack. Yes, this was our fault. We should have known better that lots of people would be server hopping, but we had no idea that it would bring down the whole server to a halt.

Now we had to take drastic measure so that the server hoppers didn't ruin the experience for everyone else who's playing the event the way it was meant to be played. We've learn a lot from this event. Expect that we won't make the same mistake.

Personally, I don't mind the criticisms as long as it's constructive, however.. calling us assholes for lowering the gold drop amount is totally uncalled for. We will continue to tweak and balance the game until we feel that it's fun for everyone. If you're only playing zOMG for gold, then I would advise that you move on, because that's not the Gaians that we're trying to entertain with zOMG.[/quote Source: Page 2491.

Friendly Sex Symbol

11,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
OMFG Taylor
Is Jack going to be a random area spawn, that everyone can attack, just like the Golden Egg? I think that would make sense owo

alsdkfjsklf I can't wait 8DD

An rare instanced boss fight could also be possible.

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
LOL at first I thought you asked if Jack laid eggs.
(can't wait either)

Original Survivor

yeah i think something like that will happen this year too... and JK said we might get another ring from it too. biggrin

Interesting Combatant

13,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bidding War 100
OMFG Taylor
Is Jack going to be a random area spawn with massive rewards that everyone can attack, just like the Golden Egg? I think that would make sense owo

alsdkfjsklf I can't wait 8DD

I thought that as well o:

It's coming 3nodding whee

Friendly Sex Symbol

11,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Lei_Trigar
yeah i think something like that will happen this year too... and JK said we might get another ring from it too. biggrin

'nother ring burning_eyes

Hallowed Prophet

17,550 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Millionaire 200
Or, maybe we are going to fight the ghosts, not Jack...

9,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Jack-Update Thread
Cursed Pumpkin - This bundle item will give an error when opening - this is a known issue and will be fixed.

So I sort of think we could be getting something like the Golden Egg again. Well the bundle at least.

Twinkles_the_Kat's Princess

Friendly Member

Lei_Trigar

another ring? got any idea what might it be? burning_eyes

Hallowed Prophet

17,550 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Millionaire 200
I cant enter Zomg so I guess they are updating it right now... We might soon see who is right...

Eloquent Elder

9,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Really can't wait!
I can see a lot of lagg though as there will be quite a lot of people trying to get on x.x

yami2ki's Senpai

Benevolent Paladin

14,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Married 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
[NPC] Jack
It isss tiiime. I must have the souls of the dead back!

Ssssssssssomeone has taken them, but I will not take this lying down. Be forewarned, kids, I will not tolerate your interference.

Update Notes:
-New Chat system - Our fail has been fixed (knocks on wood) and we're rolling the chat updates back in.
-New Change Level widget - The Change Level widget has been made easier to use.
-Cursed Pumpkin - This bundle item will give an error when opening - this is a known issue and will be fixed.

That would be my guess... Unless that's from something else.

Original Survivor

iCrazyGal
Lei_Trigar

not a clue, all i know is that he said they "MIGHT" give out another ring... but i'm reallllly hoping so. XD

Kitten In Chains's Significant Otter

Nice guess. Of course there's one point to note: Jack won't stand there doing nothing while you hit him.

I'm just wondering who'll be the first to take him out in Otami...

Twinkles_the_Kat's Princess

Friendly Member

Lei_Trigar
iCrazyGal
Lei_Trigar

not a clue, all i know is that he said they "MIGHT" give out another ring... but i'm reallllly hoping so. XD

I hoping it for a dark ring xD Since it Halloween after all

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces