Welcome to Gaia! ::

What part of zOMG! was the first to confuse you? Elaborate in the topic, please! Let's talk! We've all had our "days"... :P

I couldn't find my way out of the null. 0.063291139240506 6.3% [ 10 ]
I didn't know what lag was and had no idea why I couldn't move. 0.056962025316456 5.7% [ 9 ]
I wondered what all that recrewting for smEB, smob, etc was about! 0.18354430379747 18.4% [ 29 ]
Why were there rings in the MP if I couldn't sell mine?!11! 0.075949367088608 7.6% [ 12 ]
The first buff ring I found. Why the heck couldn't I shoot with it? 0.10759493670886 10.8% [ 17 ]
Stuck in the trees and I couldn't move! PANIC!! 0.044303797468354 4.4% [ 7 ]
Why were all these people in GB standing by the null instead of killing Sand Golems like decent players? 0.082278481012658 8.2% [ 13 ]
I never got confused. I'm just THAT bright! 0.18987341772152 19.0% [ 30 ]
I'm an old player and still confused about a lot of things. 0.15189873417722 15.2% [ 24 ]
I'm only just starting out and lots of things confuse me! 0.044303797468354 4.4% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 158 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Benevolent Codger

Starshine
I still have such a strong recollection of the original tutorial it's scary o.O

You start off on the train, meet frank, learn how to walk and pull levels, then kill trash cans, gramster and pee lungers for your three starter rings, and can't progress unless you used rage on one of the trash cans xd

Actually, thinking back, getting an attack, heal and buff ring when starting off was really good. Now players just spam guns and don't really have a feel for heals and buffs XD;;

One of the things that I think was actually an improvement in the second tutorial was that Frank gives you your first ring himself - in the original tutorial, your rings were given to you by a Barton Regular named Dani. While there was more basic storyline justification for Dani handing them out, I feel the 'Rule of Drama' makes Frank a better choice. Unfortunately, that version also lost out on some of the cool implications of Frank's original appearance, in that it no longer had Barry to assure you that you were actually alone on that train. I'd like to revive some of those storyline elements if it's at all possible, but we'd have to do so in a way that was a little more engaging than the old train and sewers. sweatdrop

And yes, I think both the opportunity to start with three rings and the ability to choose which rings best suited your style were important elements to the original opening; in trying to streamline the opening, unfortunately, they had to limit pretty severely how much a player can customise their character early on. Being that individual expression and customisation is one of the biggest draws of the ring system, I feel that ignoring that is really missing the point...

Rainbow Hunter

If they were going to have everyone start off with the same ring, I think guns was an awful choice; gives the impression that it's just another "shooting game"; the game becomes so much more interesting once you learn about other, fancier attacks.

But that is probably just a very irrational me speaking here, add to that my general dislike of guns and yeah... rolleyes
Memory Haunts You
If they were going to have everyone start off with the same ring, I think guns was an awful choice; gives the impression that it's just another "shooting game"; the game becomes so much more interesting once you learn about other, fancier attacks.

But that is probably just a very irrational me speaking here, add to that my general dislike of guns and yeah... rolleyes
I remember loving my gun so much and didnt realized that there's other more powerful rings around when I was a nub. When learned how to use r4 gun gun accidentally, it was like 4laugh oooohhhhhhh such cool animation. /outside of gaia, I love 1st person shooter game so <3 gun even though I won't use it with stronger long distance around. BUT the r4 animation for gun gun still kicks butt =w=

Rainbow Hunter

Fluffy_the_Executioner
Memory Haunts You

I remember loving my gun so much and didnt realized that there's other more powerful rings around when I was a nub. When learned how to use r4 gun gun accidentally, it was like 4laugh oooohhhhhhh such cool animation. /outside of gaia, I love 1st person shooter game so <3 gun even though I won't use it with stronger long distance around. BUT the r4 animation for gun gun still kicks butt =w=

And it's not because I don't like to be violent in-game. I guess I'm just more of a swords person! razz

It's awesome that you "accidentally learned to rage"... how did that happen? Lag? Mouse getting stuck? Cat leaning on the mouse? lol

Benevolent Codger

Memory Haunts You

One of the big issues with the versatility of the ring system is that it doesn't easily allow for any singular, decisive iconic symbols. I personally feel that Solar Rays would serve much better in that regard than Guns, Guns, Guns (though that may be sentimental bias), but it'd be nice to have something that's really representative of zOMG!, as a starter attack.

On that note, I'm curious what everyone else feels is iconic for zOMG!. Swords and guns appear in so many games; but what is it that's really unique to zOMG!? What rings - attacks, in particular - do you think really carry the identity of the game?

EDIT: I'd probably give things like Hornet's Nest or Shark Attack my highest votes, personally - and much like the game they represent, they're currently a little too weak to be appealing even within their own niche. Interestingly, the game does much better in terms of iconic enemies. Things like OMG and Landshark are great identifiers for zOMG!, but it'd still be nice if there was something iconic for players to relate with, rather than just to destroy... sweatdrop
Memory Haunts You
Fluffy_the_Executioner
Memory Haunts You

And it's not because I don't like to be violent in-game. I guess I'm just more of a swords person! razz

It's awesome that you "accidentally learned to rage"... how did that happen? Lag? Mouse getting stuck? Cat leaning on the mouse? lol
No not lag, I saw someone r4 rain and was like, wth did they do. Since my i always r1 rain not knowing about rage. Learned to rage when I was at Zen Garden. So I asked, one of my crewmate told me to hold it down till the bar fill. After I learned to r4 rain, I used r4 gun. /Got addicted to r4 gun animation and kept using r4 gun XDDD
Nice thread.

Rainbow Hunter

Savaille
Nice thread.

Thanks!! heart

-Keesune-'s Significant Otter

Dapper Stalker

The ring that personally I feel is most iconic for zOMG would have to be the Ghost ring. Mainly because when used it has the same visual feel as the ring on the first page zOMG Manga.

As for attack rings... Shark Attack or Solar Rays I guess? Shark Attack because of Landshark ( 8'D ) and Solar because it's the first zOMG ring I ever got <3

@Fluffy; I think I understand what you mean about getting addicted to the RR4 ring animation! When I first found out about Rage Ranks I went through every single ring I had, trying to find out it's RR4 effects. Turtle was awesome. :'D

Rainbow Hunter

Beenz
The ring that personally I feel is most iconic for zOMG would have to be the Ghost ring. Mainly because when used it has the same visual feel as the ring on the first page zOMG Manga.

As for attack rings... Shark Attack or Solar Rays I guess? Shark Attack because of Landshark ( 8'D ) and Solar because it's the first zOMG ring I ever got <3

@Fluffy; I think I understand what you mean about getting addicted to the RR4 ring animation! When I first found out about Rage Ranks I went through every single ring I had, trying to find out it's RR4 effects. Turtle was awesome. :'D

Solar shark. biggrin

Rainbow Hunter

Legal bump.

I think I should add something about "poaching" some time soon.

-Keesune-'s Significant Otter

Dapper Stalker

The only legitimate 'Poaching' discussion you can have in zOMG is when referring to how poached eggs are better then scrambled. Otherwise it is most likely that the poaching does not exist, at least that is what I feel. ninja It is rather amusing to read 'OMG U STOLE MY KILLZ!!' stories though. I like cruelly laughing to myself at those.

Kinda random, badly worded question: Does anyone have a person that they've had assist them in zOMG, only to realise later that they they never thanked them properly and had completely forgotten their username?

I remember a few years ago, when I had just reached Otami, I was having problems completing the Blood Tree quest. There was a kind CL 9 or 10 who helped me out and let me get all the chests on the way up to the tree, despite the fact that I was pretty weak and kept almost dying. They always let me rest for a bit, and healed me and waited for my slow self to be ready to continue without ever complaining, not once did I daze while I was with them. Eventually I completed my quest and we got back down to Blaze but I was so slow at typing back then that I never managed to thank them properly before they left. sweatdrop

*Actually I'm pretty sure they were using me to test if they could get money from the chests if a weaker CL opened them, but they were still amazingly patient and helpful none the less. heart Every now and again I wonder if the user is still around.

/ rambles

Rainbow Hunter

Beenz
The only legitimate 'Poaching' discussion you can have in zOMG is when referring to how poached eggs are better then scrambled. Otherwise it is most likely that the poaching does not exist, at least that is what I feel. ninja It is rather amusing to read 'OMG U STOLE MY KILLZ!!' stories though. I like cruelly laughing to myself at those.

Oh don't worry, I feel the same about it, but we get so many new players storming to the forum in a panic because they've been "accused" (bullied! mad ) that I think I should add it to the Frequently Asked Questions. 3nodding

There are a few more "repeat topics" I've seen and thought "oh, I should add that", but they've slipped my mind again. Well, I'm sure they'll come up again - they always do! whee

Quote:

Kinda random, badly worded question: Does anyone have a person that they've had assist them in zOMG, only to realise later that they they never thanked them properly and had completely forgotten their username?

Yeah, I know that feeling.
im new too, how to you solve the problem of running out of ammunition? help.... im such a noob lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff