Welcome to Gaia! ::

*sigh* again with the vitriolic insults.

You say:
Quote:
and please. dont even start with player interaction, there is no valuable player interaction to be found on 99% of ALL MMOrpgs making it not a aspect of them but an aspect of a select few communities among hundreds of millions.

Now, admittedly there are a lot of misanthropes on the big ol' internet, but it really isn't that hard to find other worthwhile players, if you know how to look. Usually it helps if you don't start out by insulting hard-working developers without even having sampled their product. It also is a good idea not to use foul language to insult people who make reasonable counter-arguments to your statements.

I postulate that your inability to find valuable player interaction stems not from its lack of existance, but instead from the dissuading effect of your own words. People who are worth playing with aren't interested in playing with someone who is rude and insulting.
they are making pitiful counter arguments,

And quite frankly If you think i would act this way unprovoked your mistaken. I wont point anything out because I've been doing so for the past two pages, its your inability to read or understand that is causing your warped perception.

The Right Honorable MG
PokeLamia
yeah your a ******** idiot.

you obviously dont know what the hell you are spouting out, infact, only 2 people here seem to get it.

So, are you the queen in your fantasy world? You know, the world where all MMOs are the same and mindless insults are a viable rebuttle to an intelligent argument.

thats right I'm queen[/drippingsarcasm]

Listen a*****e, Like I've said various times Ive done my ******** homework, maybe if you guys didnt insult me in the first place i wouldn't be returning fire. I can only repeat the same reasoning (by which no one so far has been able to debase, not that many tried.) so many times, and quite frankly i grow tired of doing so, If you want to hear a viable rebuttle, why dont you flip back to that one you ignored a few pages ago.

Distinct Warlord

This is not about what are you saying (I already did my point on that) but how you're saying things.

PokeLamia
they are making pitiful counter arguments, And quite frankly If you think i would act this way unprovoked your mistaken. I wont point anything out because I've been doing so for the past two pages, its your inability to read or understand that is causing your warped perception.

Well, If you repeat all the time your arguments is because maybe you don't understand they posture. Or you don't wan't to admit certain truth on what they're saying.
This isn't a disscussion without answer. There is 2 (And both together as the third one) options of what is happening here:

1] Or you're wrong or they are wrong (Hard, because they smart people, and you too)
2] You take this too far because your pride. (Pride is a good thing, always that you control it)

Also, If you quit the insult in the first place maybe this discussion would be different.
first of all, Learn to speak/write, Even my inane grammar and spelling aren't that bad.

I don't see how this has anything to do with my pride, or what little there is of that.

and maybe if they didn't insult in the first place it would also be different.

Distinct Warlord

Do you see? You defend yourself with insults. You don't have a really good point, only insults.
PokeLamia
first of all, Learn to speak/write, Even my inane grammar and spelling aren't that bad.

I'm from Argentina, I try. I can bet that you can't speak spanish in the same way I can speak english.
Quote:
I don't see how this has anything to do with my pride, or what little there is of that.

If you can't see that, I wont be able to show you. Don't close your mind, you're smart enough to avoid that.
Quote:

Saying "Boaring" and "Stupid" is a way to insult everybody here. Worst, you said this without even wait to the game to start. Your argument then become baseless (I don't know the english word for that)
PokeLamia
Chokin
You do realize that if you ctrl+click in RO you'll attack until the monster dies? (Or use /noctrl immediately when you log.)

Gaia will use clicking and hotkeys.

LoZ, Secret of Mana, FFCC, ect. are NOT MMOs.
Please get your definitions straight.

No get your brain fixed.

attacking automaticaly IS NOT GOOD its BOARING

Those other games are NOT mmos because if they where I would be playing them and not here bitching about the possibility that Gaia will release another stupid clone MMO thats not LIKE a good game in any way.

PokeLamia
maybe if you guys didnt insult me in the first place i wouldn't be returning fire.

The initial quote is from the forth post in reply to the second post. I believe that "get your brain fixed" could accurately be described as flaming whereas "Please get your definitions straight" is a request to make a more solid arguement, not an attack on you personally. Therefore the way I see it, you are the one to post the first insult.

That point aside, what they have released about Gaia's MMORPG indicates that you will be capable of up to 32 (8 rings times 4 rage ranks) unique (although potentially similar) abilites to use in combat. On top of that, those 32 abilities can be exchanged for a different 32 abilities with ease (assuming you have enough different rings in your inventory).

This surpasses your example of leveling to be able to use a new ability (catching arrows) since leveling involves fighting enough monsters that you are capable of killing in order to level up so that you can use this prescripted ability that only works on a limited number of enemies (ones that shoot arrows at you). Since leveling takes the least amount of time if you fight monsters that you can just barely kill, there would only be a small number of enemies you could fight in order to level up to unlock the desired ability. If the enemies you are fighting are ones that you can just barely kill, you would be forced to use a handful of strategies in order to be victorious. So either you have the repetition of fighting a small number of possible enemies by using a small number of strategies or you have the repetition of fighting mind-boggling numbers of weaker enemies that are fastest to dispatch with regular attacks instead of vastly intricate and time consuming strategies. Either way, in order to level up if you come across an enemy that is too powerful is to use repetition. You then have the added repetition that the tank character will be only catching arrows for the entire duartion of the fight so that the magic user survives. If you think that your example involves an acceptable amount of repetition then you should love Gaia's battle system.
Ungoliath
Do you see? You defend yourself with insults. You don't have a really good point, only insults.
PokeLamia

I'm from Argentina, I try. I can bet that you can't speak spanish in the same way I can speak english.
Quote:

If you can't see that, I wont be able to show you. Don't close your mind, you're smart enough to avoid that.
Quote:

Saying "boring" and "Stupid" is a way to insult everybody here. Worst, you said this without even wait to the game to start. Your argument then become baseless (I don't know the english word for that)

if your from Argentina and cant understand English very well, then its extremely rude to not give someone the benefit of the doubt that you wouldn't understand.

I have a fine argument,

and I bet you cant play video games on the same level as me either. but if you want to have a contest of wits you need to be able to communicate just like in a contact of VG prowess you need to be able to play together.

you cant show me it because it doesn't exist

I asked a question of weather or not gaia would be point and click bs that plagues the MMO realm to date, I didn't get an answer, instead i got a barrage of anti understanding MMO fanatics that got butt hurt at an accurate description of how you play their games.

Quote:

I believe that "get your brain fixed"

any way i could conceivably tell the person that would seem insulting but what am i supposed to do? the person couldnt understand what i made obvious, It wasn't an insult, although it may have been insulting, just as insinuating that I have not done my research and dont know what i am talking about that was in the second post and many after that, "learn to read" "pay attention in school" aren't better alternatives.

"looks like someone has sand in their vag"

That, is the insult.

Long-time Pumpkin

Simple question then!~ 4laugh

How is one to play ANYTHING without a mouse?!~ 4laugh

A pure keyboard based system, has it ever been done before even?!~ 4laugh

Simplicity is simple!~ 4laugh

~.:*Here's some helpful links for your GBS information pleasure*:.~

If I haff told you you're spamming, you should be here!~ 4laugh The Chatterbox

If you haff asked a stupid question, go read this. It'll help!~ 4laugh Qix's Sticky

Again, if you still can't find information you want. Go here. There's even moar information!~ 4laugh Battle Website

This thread gets an honorable mention, for good information and the suchlikes!~ 4laugh The Battle System FAQ

Distinct Warlord

PokeLamia
if your from Argentina and cant understand English very well, then its extremely rude to not give someone the benefit of the doubt that you wouldn't understand.

That doesn't make any sense. domokun
And I don't have problems to understand you, kid. And in this forum, when I don't get something, I ask. I don't have trouble with that, In fact I already did that.

Quote:
I have a fine argument,

So, you don't need to insult. Am I clear enough with my poor english?

Quote:
and I bet you cant play video games on the same level as me either. but if you want to have a contest of wits you need to be able to communicate just like in a contact of VG prowess you need to be able to play together.

Those are different things. We're communicating, so I can show my level of Spanish OR English here. Same to you.

Anyway, I'm not a gamer, so I bet you'll kick my a** on that. I don't care.

Quote:
I asked a question of weather or not gaia would be point and click bs that plagues the MMO realm to date, I didn't get an answer, instead i got a barrage of anti understanding MMO fanatics that got butt hurt at an accurate description of how you play their games.

You've an answer. For me. For Chokin also.
There is hotkeys, blablabla, asdf.

Quote:
That, is the insult.

Don't ignore your faults. Is true that everybody attacks you, but is also true that you started with the wrong feet.
Ungoliath
PokeLamia

And I don't have problems to understand you, kid. And in this forum, when I don't get something, I ask. I don't have trouble with that, In fact I already did that.

Quote:
I have a fine argument,

Quote:

Those are different things. We're communicating, so I can show my level of Spanish OR English here. Same to you.

Anyway, I'm not a gamer, so I bet you'll kick my a** on that. I don't care.

Quote:

You've an answer. For me. For Chokin also.
There is hotkeys, blablabla, we don't know the rest because the game ISN'T OUT YET.

Quote:
That, is the insult.

Don't ignore your faults. Is true that everybody attacks you, but is also true that you started with thw wrong feet.

Its like your answering each break as though youve forgotten the first!

And I don't have problems to understand you, kid. And in this forum, when I don't get something, I ask. I don't have trouble with that, In fact I already did that

Don't ignore your faults. Is true that everybody attacks you, but is also true that you started with thw wrong feet.

I already spelled out what happened a page ago, put it together.
Quote:

Simple question then!~ 4laugh

How is one to play ANYTHING without a mouse?!~ 4laugh

A pure keyboard based system, has it ever been done before even?!~ 4laugh

Simplicity is simple!

you could play without a mouse or you can play with one, its a little confusing, but point and click refers to the automated attack system in MMOs in RO I click something and then it gets attacked, automaticaly.

you could do something with a mouse, or a keyboard, but whats important is moving around and attacking with skill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMK06eOK4eY&feature=related

this is a good example of how you play something like that.
see? both the enemy and you can avoid attacks,
the game is 3d, but it doesnt need to be, you could do the same with 2d graphics.

Distinct Warlord

PokeLamia

What first? I don't get it sad

...you're avoiding answer, huh. Curious.
Quote:

And you never answer me. rolleyes

Quote:
you could play without a mouse or you can play with one, its a little confusing, but point and click refers to the automated attack system in MMOs in RO I click something and then it gets attacked, automaticaly.

If you want a sistem like AOE you'll get something near to. Point+Click wont be the way in GAIA MMO. Since you have rings, you have to determinate wich ring you'll use. So, you'll have the hotkeys or a menu for that.

Long-time Pumpkin

Clicking each time to cause one attack?!~ surprised

Mai finger would get sore after a few hours play!~ 4laugh

Anyways, most dodges in games come as a random % during fights with no need for hotkeys!~ 4laugh

I can't watch that youtube clip, it would take me hours to load!~ 4laugh

Enemys and people can avoid attacks naturaly with just the random % alone!~ 4laugh

I won't go into kiting and stuff!~ 4laugh

~.:*Here's some helpful links for your GBS information pleasure*:.~

If I haff told you you're spamming, you should be here!~ 4laugh The Chatterbox

If you haff asked a stupid question, go read this. It'll help!~ 4laugh Qix's Sticky

Again, if you still can't find information you want. Go here. There's even moar information!~ 4laugh Battle Website

This thread gets an honorable mention, for good information and the suchlikes!~ 4laugh The Battle System FAQ

Distinct Member

If you really only want a straight answer to whether it'll be click and point automatic attacking you should probably just PM Qixter or leave him a comment in his profile, then we won't have to continue this unnecessary bantering.
Ungoliath
PokeLamia

What first? I don't get it sad

...you're avoiding answer, huh. Curious.
Quote:

And you never answer me. rolleyes

Quote:

If you want a sistem like AOE you'll get something near to. Point+Click wont be the way in GAIA MMO. Since you have rings, you have to determinate wich ring you'll use. So, you'll have the hotkeys or a menu for that.

I have answered you I'm tired of repeating myself

Rings don't tell me squat, they are a catalyst, it really dosent matter if you map everything to a button anyway, what matters is how attacking a monster is caluclated and vise versa,

Distinct Warlord

PokeLamia
I have answered you I'm tired of repeating myself

No, you don't. You're just saying that all the time. And I'm getting tired of reading that smile

Quote:
Rings don't tell me squat, they are a catalyst, it really dosent matter if you map everything to a button anyway, what matters is how attacking a monster is caluclated and vise versa,

Do you read the battle site, right? o_รด Because you don't seem to understand.
YOU WONT USE CLICK + POINT. Note that somwhere. Why? Because It doesn't match with the ring system, and the variety that involves the concept.

You don't have a regular attack with one weapon, so you're FORCED to use a ring (That is the only way to attack) So you can't use point+click to attack, since you've to choice one of the 8 rings you have.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff