Welcome to Gaia! ::

Din Whispers
Wouldn't something like that example make battles more linear? I mean the warrior has to drop everything so he can catch arrows and let the caster do the work. The combatants would have to use the same couple tactics everytime they encounter that type of enemy. In the point and click players are more free to do what they want.. even though a lot of players would most likely let the auto-attack do all the work, they can still pop a strong skill if they want or even a pointless one.

I have to go to sleep, its getting late here. It was nice discussing this with you.

wow, you really just cant think can you? Its a random ******** example of how any game could conceivably create the same building up a character stratagy as any boaring MMO, when i proved it you sure acted poorly I'll say that much.

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
What yer on about involves far too much effort in mai view!~ 4laugh

So far, yah've just acted like a noob in this topic!~ 4laugh

Get ratty again and I'mma guess you made this thread as a smart troll, since all yer doing is pretty much being snarky at peeps!~ 4laugh

~.:*Here's some helpful links for your GBS information pleasure*:.~

If I haff told you you're spamming, you should be here!~ 4laugh The Chatterbox

If you haff asked a stupid question, go read this. It'll help!~ 4laugh Qix's Sticky

Again, if you still can't find information you want. Go here. There's even moar information!~ 4laugh Battle Website

This thread gets an honorable mention, for good information and the suchlikes!~ 4laugh The Battle System FAQ
the reason I'm being snarky as you put it is because people have terrible missconseptions about what an MMO and/or RPG is and are saying that my suggestions arent valid because of it.

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Lulz!~ 4laugh

MMO HAS TO BE ONLINE!~ 4laugh

RPG ISN'T ONLINE UNLESS STATED AS BEING AN ONLINE RPG!~ 4laugh

ONLINE RPG PHAIL UNLESS THEY'RE MMORPG'S!~ 4laugh

Us MMO regs know what we're goin' on about silleh!~ 4laugh

Also, I could use more eloquent words than "snarky", but I dun feel like being banned!~ 4laugh

If you haff asked a stupid question, go read this. It'll help!~ 4laugh Qix's Sticky

Again, if you still can't find information you want. Go here. There's even moar information!~ 4laugh Battle Website

This thread gets an honorable mention, for good information and the suchlikes!~ 4laugh The Battle System FAQ
AterAliquis
Lulz!~ 4laugh

Also, I could use more eloquent words than "snarky", but I dun feel like being banned!~ 4laugh

Wow Its nearly impossible to communicate with you isn't it.

Not surprising, even though its cruise control you still have to steer. oops too late you crashed into a tree.

seriously read and comprehend what has been said already or get out please
PokeLamia
AterAliquis
Lulz!~ 4laugh

Not surprising, even though its cruise control you still have to steer. oops too late you crashed into a tree.

You know, there really is no need for you to be this rude.

A valid point has been made that many MMORPG's play similarly to each other, and very differently from -console- RPG's (even multiplayer ones). As I have said before, I think the engines for movement and attacks will make this play quite a bit like Secret of Mana, which will be a welcome departure from the typical MMO mechanic.

That being said, there WILL still be some repetition; if there wasn't you could 'finsish' the game in a few hours. Also it is worth pointing out that the -beginning- levels of most MMO's are often boring, with little differences between the classes and play styles, and higly repetetive actions. It's often the case that the real differentiation and interesting mechanics don't appear untill midlevels and higher. While WoW does suffer a litttle from this as well, it has done a much better job than many at differentiating classes from the beginning (or least by lvl 10, which takes only a few hours of playtime), which is part of the reason it is the undisputed market leader.

All of this, of course, is still secondary to the real factor which drives success of an MMO, community. No matter how intuitive/complex/unique/boring/awesome/lame an MMO is, people will keep either keep playing or lose interest based on the people they play with.

Captain Kat's Husband

I've lurked this thread for long enough.

That being said, the OP here needs to understand that a game is a game, either you will like it and play it DESPITE issues you have with it, or you won't play it because you don't enjoy it. Repetition is a part of life. Your education, your job, your habits are all repetitive. An MMO that is suppose to immerse you into an alternate world wouldn't feel like it if there wasn't a bit of repetition. Also, name one game that has leveling, MMO or otherwise, that doesn't feel repetitious. Even Final Fantasy games, if you want to be a badass lvl whatever, requires you to wonder aimlessly in the overworld and kill random monsters repeatably. Even when you log onto gaia, the first thing most people do is get all their daily chances clicked. That's a repetitive process. So don't throw a 2 dollar hissyfit because people gave their 2 cents, just leave it be and go back to a repetitive lifestyle.
Chokin
You do realize that if you ctrl+click in RO you'll attack until the monster dies? (Or use /noctrl immediately when you log.)

Gaia will use clicking and hotkeys.

LoZ, Secret of Mana, FFCC, ect. are NOT MMOs.
Please get your definitions straight.
No, She is not talking about them being MMO.

She is talking about the Battle system they use.
I doubt it will be a p&c.
PokeLamia
Rothelez
PokeLamia
AterAliquis
Lulz!~ 4laugh

You know, there really is no need for you to be this rude.

A valid point has been made that many MMORPG's play similarly to each other, and very differently from -console- RPG's (even multiplayer ones). As I have said before, I think the engines for movement and attacks will make this play quite a bit like Secret of Mana, which will be a welcome departure from the typical MMO mechanic.

then according to everyone i just argued with, it wont be an MMO, now do you get it?
No, they're arguing that it will be an MMO if it's ONLINE.

You don't seem to have any MMO experience, so it'd be quite smart for you to shut yer mouth in a board full of veterans. :3
Chokin
First off, have a taken a nasty tone with you?
Don't take one with me.

RPG =/= MMORPG
I've played all the games you've mentioned. You can't compare games from different genres.

As for MMOs:
Leveling involves repetition. Succeeding in the game involves leveling.
A huge attraction of MMOs is player interaction. Which has absolutely nothing to do with pointing and clicking except for seeing a player's info (which can usually be found using typed commands).

I'm not the only one to point out that MMOs entail repetition.
We never said it was the point of the game.

I suggest you take your own suggestion and read everything through completely.

Chokin
Zelda classifies as an action/adventure game.
They are not MMOs and are therefore irrelevant to your whole argument.
Yeah, they're amazing games. I'm the first person to say that. But, THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC OF MMOs.

The point is:
MMOs involve a lot of repetition.
You either get used to it or stop playing them.
Period.

Quote:
You do realize that if you ctrl+click in RO you'll attack until the monster dies? (Or use /noctrl immediately when you log.)

No, they arent defining MMO as being an online game you moron, several people have proved that with their inane babbling about how a FFCC styled massively multilayer online RPG wouldn't
wouldnt be an MMO,

I've played and seen enough MMOs to know they are all the same, and anyones like I've described are damn hard to find. its not like i haven't tried. assuming I know nothing about MMOs and your all the uber i know everything experts is a good way to make yourself look like an a**.
PokeLamia
Chokin
First off, have a taken a nasty tone with you?
Don't take one with me.

RPG =/= MMORPG
I've played all the games you've mentioned. You can't compare games from different genres.

As for MMOs:
Leveling involves repetition. Succeeding in the game involves leveling.
A huge attraction of MMOs is player interaction. Which has absolutely nothing to do with pointing and clicking except for seeing a player's info (which can usually be found using typed commands).

I'm not the only one to point out that MMOs entail repetition.
We never said it was the point of the game.

I suggest you take your own suggestion and read everything through completely.

Chokin
Zelda classifies as an action/adventure game.
They are not MMOs and are therefore irrelevant to your whole argument.
Yeah, they're amazing games. I'm the first person to say that. But, THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC OF MMOs.

The point is:
MMOs involve a lot of repetition.
You either get used to it or stop playing them.
Period.

Quote:

No, they arent defining MMO as being an online game you moron, several people have proved that with their inane babbling about how a FFCC styled massively multilayer online RPG wouldn't
wouldnt be an MMO,

I've played and seen enough MMOs to know they are all the same, and anyones like I've described are damn hard to find. its not like i haven't tried. assuming I know nothing about MMOs and your all the uber i know everything experts is a good way to make yourself look like an a**.
You're a fool to think that all MMOs are the same, and that attests to your lack of knowledge on the subject. Maplestory and WoW are not alike in the slightest. The same goes for Everquest and RO. Quite making a fool of yourself.

Also, 4 people doesn't make an MMO. More than a thousand people make an MMO. And, MMOs typically have a varied amount of servers to pick from. Games that come with multiplayer, but not ONLINE multiplayer, are not MMOs.
PokeLamia
yeah your a ******** idiot.

you obviously dont know what the hell you are spouting out, infact, only 2 people here seem to get it.

So, are you the queen in your fantasy world? You know, the world where all MMOs are the same and mindless insults are a viable rebuttle to an intelligent argument.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff