Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you actually going to play Gaia Battle?

Yes, regardless of it's system 0.75367647058824 75.4% [ 205 ]
Yes, only if it's rings though 0.047794117647059 4.8% [ 13 ]
Yes, but only if we have weapons. 0.16176470588235 16.2% [ 44 ]
No, I don't care for it 0.014705882352941 1.5% [ 4 ]
No, but I think we should have rings 0.0073529411764706 0.7% [ 2 ]
No, but I think we should have weapons 0.014705882352941 1.5% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 272 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

yea want to play it
i wonder how much time it will take for this thing

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
nejihero
i wonder how much time it will take for this thing

Fifty milllion years.

Seriously though, I don't think even the developers are quite certain yet.

But yes, I'm very excited to play, and the Ring System looks like it'll be fun.

I apparently already have a party ready. A few friends and I will want to group up for sure. 3nodding
i wanna play so bad all the gaia games now are kinda lame none of are very actiony.

Familiar Gawker

2,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
-What side of the debate are you on? (Rings, or weapons?)
- I'm on either side. Still, I don't see why some people despise rings. Doesn't the idea of combining abilities float their boats? Eight rings, that's a LOT of combinations. 1-2 weapons, not a lot.

-Are you actually planning to use the BS?
- Definitely.
I'm all for rings, and weapons the same. It was a huge let down when the developers announced rings instead of weapons, but you'll have a hissy fit and then get over it.

Hell yeah I'll be playing!

6,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
yay!my idea is second most popular!by the way,this is good because being part of the croud is soooo beyond gay and im still up there in unanimousity.lol...bye!
im kinda new but i think thatd b pretty cool
i will play this very much!
im waiting vor this like neutral 3 whole days!

Doting Darling

Hm. Well, as long as you're taking a survey; I'm neither pro, nor anti, Ring.

In all respects, the system used is secondary to the content of the game- the system is a means, not an end.
Aesthetically, I would prefer weapons- but then again, I would prefer weapon animations, specifically, which is apparently not the case.

On the gripping hand, complex, avatar-specific animations would require considerably more graphical work and coding than is recommended, or indeed, perhaps even possible; animations would either have to be kludge 'blur' effects, similar to towns walking, or account for every single possible combination of items that enter into the area of the limbs.
This, to me- and I'll admit I'm not a programming expert- seems a bit much to expect from a game that is, in the end, one feature of a larger site, and not one primarily concerned with developing video games. Also, Flash being the medium, again, it seems a bit much to expect.

So- on the question of rings, I have aesthetic qualms but believe those to be involiate, and no or few gameplay qualms- a customizable, skill-based system is one with a heady provenance and good possibility.
Rings are an acceptable system, although I would enjoy seeing more weaponry items just for the 'look' of giant Hammers, etc.

So - I'm an aesthetic weaponist, and a logical ringist, I suppose.

I plan to play the Battle System until my eyes bleed, if it's remotely tolerable at all; I'm a dedicated fan of role-playing games and Gaia both, and have stuck with both for a very, very long time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff