Welcome to Gaia! ::

What if you could feed your pets recipe items, and it would change the way it evolves?

YES, GIVE US A WHOLE LOT OF OPTIONS! 0.45348837209302 45.3% [ 39 ]
Sure, But keep it limited to what they can turn into. 0.24418604651163 24.4% [ 21 ]
But I want to feed them something eeeeeeelse. 0.058139534883721 5.8% [ 5 ]
No, feeding pets is a stupid idea. 0.011627906976744 1.2% [ 1 ]
I WANT MY PET TO EAT BAWLZ 0.23255813953488 23.3% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 86 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15

Bloodthirsty Pie-Maker

Friendly Warlord

Wouldn't it make it a lot more complicated Soosh? O:

6,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Consumer 100
Why don't we stick to passive buffs for now and wait if the devs like this idea and may even implent it in-game. Btw: This idea is pretty good but i'm kinda wondering about the lag that would ensue because of all the people with their buddies out and...then... CRASH.....And then the summons would cost more in the MP.....And then it turns out that zOMG! is just an MMO in an MMO gonk

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Quintafeira12
Pirate Captain Sushi
Just posting here in an attempt to get discussion back on the topic.
I dislike necro-posting but eeeeh... there's still so much to discuss on the matter.

But you CREATED the thread.

How the hell is it not your right to bump this anytime you feel like it?

I still feel irked when I post in a thread that hasn't received posts in a month, it's a force of habit. I'm sorry. D:

Reglare Excile

How do you mean?
The feeding to Ghimorph buddies in general to make them change or the feeding of random invo crap?

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
this is a great idea, but i think it would be best to just use orbs to upgrade buddies. if we WERE to use recipe items, i would rather it not change the way it evolves, but simply upgrade it more (e.g., an epic recipe would be worth a very large amount of orbs depending on how hard it is to make, the drop rate, etc.), b/c it would be a pain in the a** to have to buy a new bud off the mp just to see what happens if u upgrade it the other way .__.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Pirate Captain Sushi

I HAS IDEA biggrin
how about like, for the buddies that dont have stronger versions of themselves, such as the chicks or fluffs, they can do this:

fluffs- as you upgrade, they become slightly bigger and get upgrades until they are 4 different fluffs combined into one when fully upgraded :O

chicks- these wil grow slightly bigger, until they turn into chickens, but the same color with the same facial features (expression, eyebrows, accessories, etc.)

bootsnakes (if they ever become buddies)- at level 1, normal bootsnake, at level 2, bigger bootsnake, at level 3, laceback galoshes, at level 4, a two-headed laceback galoshes :O

basically it would go like that- except for landy of course, he would simply become bigger till he becomes...well, landy.

then again, not all buddies have to be upgradable o3o....

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry

how about like, for the buddies that dont have stronger versions of themselves, such as the chicks or fluffs, they can do this:

fluffs- as you upgrade, they become slightly bigger and get upgrades until they are 4 different fluffs combined into one when fully upgraded :O

chicks- these wil grow slightly bigger, until they turn into chickens, but the same color with the same facial features (expression, eyebrows, accessories, etc.)

bootsnakes (if they ever become buddies)- at level 1, normal bootsnake, at level 2, bigger bootsnake, at level 3, laceback galoshes, at level 4, a two-headed laceback galoshes :O

basically it would go like that- except for landy of course, he would simply become bigger till he becomes...well, landy.

then again, not all buddies have to be upgradable o3o....

Added to the first post~
I've often thought that those who have no evolution should just get larger as their orb-count increases. An image-stretching code could be implemented this way, raising the height and width values in minor decimal increments.

Dapper Conversationalist

7,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
this a genius idea! ive been thinknig of getting a buddy,
and this would definitely make me get one!

Friendly Warlord

Pirate Captain Sushi

Reglare Excile

How do you mean?
The feeding to Ghimorph buddies in general to make them change or the feeding of random invo crap?

*points at new poll* o3o

That one. x3

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Reglare Excile
Pirate Captain Sushi

Reglare Excile

How do you mean?

*points at new poll* o3o

That one. x3

Well I see how it COULD complicate things, but that poll idea was put up there purely by a suggestion made to me.

Way I see it: there could be a separate "FEED" button that opens up an inventory window where you could feed that item to your pet (the items worth would determine how many orbs you feed the pet). The devs could probably even program the fed item to be recycled through Dumpster Dive.

One thing though: you won't be able to get your items back if you choose to reset your buddies orb count. When you want to turn them back into their stage 1 forms, you'll only receive orbs in return, not the items fed to it.

Friendly Warlord

Pirate Captain Sushi
Reglare Excile
Pirate Captain Sushi

Reglare Excile

How do you mean?

*points at new poll* o3o

That one. x3

Well I see how it COULD complicate things, but that poll idea was put up there purely by a suggestion made to me.

Way I see it: there could be a separate "FEED" button that opens up an inventory window where you could feed that item to your pet (the items worth would determine how many orbs you feed the pet). The devs could probably even program the fed item to be recycled through Dumpster Dive.

One thing though: you won't be able to get your items back if you choose to reset your buddies orb count. When you want to turn them back into their stage 1 forms, you'll only receive orbs in return, not the items fed to it.

I see. :3

Bashful Poster

12,050 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Champion 300
Well if we take this evolution like pokemon then it would be natural that those buddies would have lower "stats" then its evolved version.Some ppl choose not to evolve their pokemon but if that happens then it equals lower stats.

Bashful Poster

12,050 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Champion 300
I have an idea!

It would be cool if giving it different recipe items changes what buff boosts you get instead of changing what it looks like when it evolves.Im saying this since currently its going to be really hard to make different combinations and animate them with only 2 full time devs.For now different evo combo's should be ignored but once zOMG gets back and running with a nice dev team then this idea is better

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff