What is your favorite type of ring?

Offensive 0.36559139784946 36.6% [ 68 ]
Healing 0.17741935483871 17.7% [ 33 ]
Buff 0.18279569892473 18.3% [ 34 ]
Crowd Control 0.10752688172043 10.8% [ 20 ]
Gold 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 31 ]
Total Votes:[ 186 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

The Kovie, I really like your ideas. Very original. : D I have no cons for you. XD

Czar Reggie, I like the ideas implemented in that ring set. It all compliments itself.

xNoctisx, when page five ends, it is over.

Vamperou, you haven't played zOMG? It is awesome. You should. : D

GrandDragonic, you get to design up to four rings for free. Every extra ring costs 1k to enter.

Laff70, your stamina is measured in percentage...

Soren_alenko, I like the first two especially. ^^ Great ideas.

Everyone, I am sorry I was so brief. I have been hooked on WindSlayer. XD Have not had much time here on Gaia. WindSlayer is *much* better than Maple Story. Maple Story sucks. XP
Oh, it looks like it is time to vote. Start voting!! Make sure you read the rules for voting listed under the "Spotlight" section post before you vote.

One vote per person. You can vote even if you have not entered any rings.

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
xX-Angel In Your Eyes-Xx
Ring Name: Voodoo Curse
Damage: Moderate
Range: Short
Targets: Enemies
Knockback: Feeble
Recharge Duration: Moderate(6-30s)
Stamina Usage: Moderate(6-15%)
Description: Hurt onto you leads to hurt onto them. Using Voodoo Curse pokes voodoo needles in the bodies of the target animated. When the animated attack you or a crew member the damage they issue you is 150% onto themselves. Disadvantage is that you must be damaged. Using Turtle or Pot Lid to prevent damage means they don't receive any either.

I vote this one.

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Ring Name: Tease
Damage: Strong
Range: Point Blank
Targets: Enemies or Allies =P
Knockback: none
Recharge Duration: Short(1-5s)
Stamina Usage:Moderate(6-15%)
Description: By showing that finger which lila the mermaid always shows you, you can tease some animated.(or allies if you are annoyed by them) This will make the target so mad that it will follow you over the whole map (agro effect)

Ring Name: Chocolate Bomb
Damage: none
Range:Long
Knockback: none
Recharge Duration: Short(1-5s)
Stamina Usage: Large(16%+)
Description: This ring makes the target just fat. It has no special effect, but the blown up animated looks kinda funny xP

Ring Name: Trance
Damage: Superb
Range: Extreme
Targets: Enemies and Self
Knockback: Strong
Recharge Duration: extreme (you can use this ring again only after visiting the null chamber)
Stamina Usage: Small(1-5%)
Description: The trance ring is one of the most powerfull rings on zomg, that's why you only use it once in a battle. You need to enter the null chamber to be able to unlock the ring for further uses (not talking about selling >.> ).
There are certain criteria which allows you to use the power of this ring:
- Your stamina must be lower than 5 %
- Your health must be lower than 5 %
- The health of your crew members must be lower than 5 %
- You need full rage to use it
The Trance ring releases the secret powers deep inside of you. The targeted animated will lose 75% of his current health points and knocked back, so that you will have 3 spare seconds where it can't attac your crew, it heals 1/4 HP of your crew members's health. After using this ring you will loose each 30 seconds 10 % of your current HP untill you die ^^

edit: wait is my submission too late? xD

Familiar Lunatic

I vote for Tarpan's "Transplant", primarily because it poses interesting tactical challenges to it's user. If my understanding is correct, the health is taken from enemies surrounding the user thus forcing the wielder to be in harms way. Out of the melee, it wouldn't do a thing. This forces him to chose between being in the "bulk" and cover many animateds or at the "edge" affecting a limited number of targets. The first option spreads the Hate but also the damage while the second concentrates it making it a potentially useful attack ring at the price of enraging a limited part of the opposition quickly. This also applies in Solo enemy battles.
This is important because, if I'm not wrong, you'll be pilling up Hate quickly by attackin AND healing at the same time. Very interesting ring for a dedicated Healer, the targeted user I assume.

Tarpan

Ring Name: Transplant
Range: Long
Targets: Allies (Enemies, in a passive sense)
Knockback: Weak
Recharge Duration: Short
Stamina Usage: Moderate
Description: The third surgical ring, Transplant, allows you to heal your friends and harm your foes simultaneously. When a crew member is in trouble, target them. Transplant will take small amounts of health from animated within a certain radius and give them to your crew member. Though the amount of health each animated loses isn’t great, it adds up and can definitely help in a tight situation. The fewer the animated, the more damage that is done to them.

@Zolgear, if he happens to walk by:
Your set is great, but it plays to heavily on Stamina usage. Stamina is one of the major hard limiters of zOMG, source of challenge. Toying with it a little should be OK, but your ring "Headphones" is really powerful without a corresponding downside: it's too good. Way too good.
"Guitar screech" and "Drummer's March" are wonderful, though.

Lonely Explorer

I'll vote for one of The Kovie's rings: Winter
Quote:
Ring Name: Winter
Damage: Weak
Targets: Enemies and Self
Recharge Duration: Moderate
Description: A snowstorm swirls around you, giving you a temporary evasion boost as well as slightly damaging the enemies around you. Higher ranks increase damage and buff duration.

A buff that damages enemies? Great idea! ...and it's not overpowered at all, very nice balance of the ring's stats.

Gataka: Thank you for your constructive response. ^_^ Anyway yeah...I may have been going too far with having the set itself decrease stamina usage while already having a passive ring that effected stamina as well, but I really wasn't sure what else it could be considering every current set has covered the other stats in the game.

The only other thing I thought of was while having the set equipped, the hate received by monsters when using your rings would be decreased, ONLY while in a crew. But I wasn't sure how that would effect boss fights that require them to hate you in order to get credit for killing them. Not sure, just an idea that I was throwing around.

As for "Headphones," you're right...an extra 50 Stamina doesn't seem like a lot to me since I'm usually an attacker and it runs out quickly when I solo. So I thought, "Hey...why not make a ring that increases that Stamina # that never goes over 100?" It would definitely help out the support player because times get difficult when your healer/buffer has to rest for a while during a critical moment in a battle. I suppose it just slipped my mind that the ring could be used without the set.

Now it would be better if the sets would increase in effectiveness when they're actually worn. I suggested this idea months ago, but no one took much notice. For instance, if "Headphones" was worn without the full Musician Set, you would only get +25 Stamina and if the full set was equipped, the +50 Stamina would come into play. That way, Generalist ring builds can get a small boost, while the Supporter build won't have to worry about running out of Stamina as quickly while helping out their crew mates.

Apologies for the rambling wall of text. Creating ideas/concepts for RPGs has always been a nerdy hobby of mine. XD
Tarpan

Ring Name: Transplant
Targets: Allies (Enemies, in a passive sense)
Recharge Duration: Short
Description: The third surgical ring, Transplant, allows you to heal your friends and harm your foes simultaneously. When a crew member is in trouble, target them. Transplant will take small amounts of health from animated within a certain radius and give them to your crew member. Though the amount of health each animated loses isn’t great, it adds up and can definitely help in a tight situation. The fewer the animated, the more damage that is done to them.

To me, I think this would be both an original and intriguing ring to implement in-game.
Its stats seem very well rounded and it would be fun to center strategies around this ring--say... when doing an SS run.

And I'm slightly biased towards the medic set. QuQ
Angel Seraphiel, designing is over. You are too late to enter.

Yay, we got some votes. : D

Msgrunnie's Husband

ring: smash KNOCKBACK super deadly RANGE EVERYWHERE TARGETS EVERY THING INCLUDING ALLIES a ring wayyyyyyyyyyy more powerful than hack as it summons a sledge hammer and slams your oppent DAMAGE does 10000000 damge to oppents on cl 3.0 THE BEST RING!!!!
Ring Name: OMNOMNOM!
Range: Short
Knockback: None
Description:The player latches on to the enemy for a period of time, causing damage and prevent the enemy from moving or knocking you back until you move of the time runs out. Higher rage increases damage and time latched on to the enemy.

Msgrunnie's Husband

ring set: eye of the tiger rings divinty rock armor and slash eye of the tiger type: attack SUMMON A BAND AND A GIBSON EXPLOER thats r23 r24 summon a fender staro caster and sing eye of the tiger loud r25 summon a fender kattana and sing eye of the tiger louder r26 play eye of the tiger loudest and those attacks deal 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 damage to your enmeys
Ring Name:self defib

Damage:none

Range: low

Targets:self

Knock back: none

Recharge Duration: moderate 5-10 seconds

Stamina Usage: 20%

Description: Dazed? This will be the only ring unlocked so you can just bring yourself back to life in about 3 seconds! It also unlock all of your rings to! Nice huh?
MrGrunnie
ring set: eye of the tiger rings divinty rock armor and slash eye of the tiger type: attack SUMMON A BAND AND A GIBSON EXPLOER thats r23 r24 summon a fender staro caster and sing eye of the tiger loud r25 summon a fender kattana and sing eye of the tiger louder r26 play eye of the tiger loudest and those attacks deal 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 damage to your enmeys

Your ring set will be disqualified, as the rules say "No changing the template majorly".
Tarpan
Ring Name: Lobotomy
Damage: Strong
Range: Point Blank
Knockback: Strong
Description: Another sexy surgical ring, yay! Conjure an old-fashioned trephan to drill a hole in your enemy's head. Well, kind of, anyway-- Lobotomy packs a powerful punch, and even has a chance to cause an animated to black out for a few seconds.

My vote is for lobotomy. I kinda have a weakness for things like this. sweatdrop Maybe you could eat some of the gray matter for a willpower boost...

@YoshikuniChikara Thanks much, I'm glad to heard that!

@Zolgear Thanks much as well. I like the headphone ring. =3 Probably would've voted for it if a certain other ring hadn't popped up.
What are you guys, special needs? Voting is over. Your designs will not be considered.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff