Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Vampire

beckygrendel
MistressMinako
So, I have just one question: does this mean we can expect never to see any updates to open DMS to the public, to cycle events like Easter and Halloween on and off the servers, and just in general not see any fixes unless they are major game-breaking errors?

I'm not saying those things can't happen, but I just want to be clear on the fact that the chance for maintenance is low.

My cynical side begs for release: we won't see any more Devs working on zOMG until another long exploited "glitch" is fixed and the players who remained loyal to the game are once again slapped in the face with labels such as "abuser."

xp
/cynical side

To JK: Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to zOMG! heart

After spending hundreds of hours and a hundred bucks on power-ups, etc. for DMS, I quit playing because I don't have an Integrity Ring. I was turned away from one crew because I didn't have one. Once was enough for me.

It would be nice if those of us who don't have the Integrity Ring would be able to get one somehow...
confused
emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant

NO ONE TURNS AWAY MY BECKY

LIZILLA RAGGGGGEEEEEE

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Thanks for all your hard work on zOMG, [ JK ]!
I will always continue to play zOMG, even if the dev meats stop. I need to find time to finish the zOMG profile I was making... ^_^;

//just finished the 25 tissue quest and hope to see if my next quest is glitched or not. o;

Elder

It happens JK. Executive decisions are never always made with the patrons in mind. I think zOMG met every realistic target no matter how much someone in marketing would disagree. Good luck with your new project. Thanks for making such a excellent game!
Aseres
Seeing that they're in early development stages I'd say it's too early to ask this question, but it's likely that you won't need one if they plan on releasing it on Gaia.
Doesn't hurt to ask, right?
Either way, if need be, I'll make an FB account JUST to try this game when it comes out.
Mostly because JK asked us to lulz

Star Giver

19,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
To be honest, I can't say that I haven't seen this coming XD. I only hoped that I will long gone from Gaia to witness this XD. I have to say this, however. I think zomg is one major thing that keeps me on gaia still after few years. The people I am proud to call my Gaia friends are glued together by zomg XD. Zomg is the reason I spend so much time and other resources on Gaia XD. Hope it will get some attention in the near future.
MistressMinako
So, I have just one question: does this mean we can expect never to see any updates to open DMS to the public, to cycle events like Easter and Halloween on and off the servers, and just in general not see any fixes unless they are major game-breaking errors?

I'm not saying those things can't happen, but I just want to be clear on the fact that the chance for maintenance is low.

There's still a possibility that DMS will be open to the public, but there's no ETA on that. In terms of holiday updates, that's mainly up to swarf... if he has the free time, we can recycle past events. Fixing any glitches also falls on swarf. I can only fix art related issues.
[ JK ]
Bokun onikisu
What's the name of the new game? Will it be on Facebook or gaia only? Hope your new game takes off well.

Hi Bokun, the game that I'm working on doesn't have a name yet, but it's one of the games that got previewed at Ohayocon and referred to as "high fantasy strategy game". According to Pan, we plan on releasing it on both Gaia and Facebook.

Since it's being made for facebook and gaia, it's not going to be integrated into Gaia like zomg where you use your avatar, gain gold, get loot for recipes or alchemy, or get avatar items, is it?

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

beckygrendel

It would be nice if those of us who don't have the Integrity Ring would be able to get one somehow...

Yeah, that would be nice. If Gaia's going to essentially kill the project, might at least allow dedicated users some perks.

Since, the whole "abuse" ring was rather insulting, did not help with the future of the game and was a rather indiscriminately applied label. Hell, my abuse ring came from working with a team to kill Lorelai, not exploit the glitch... but people who got abuse rings from KJ spawns were allowed to swap the "bad" ring for the "good" ring?

The punishment doesn't even hold any merit now that "abuse" rings can be had from Kamila (see the thread in this very forum where one user now has 3 "Kamila's Curse" rings.

Or maybe Gaia HQ feels that being a dedicated zOMG player is in itself an abuse.

Friendly Lunatic

18,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Conventioneer 300
This really sucks sad I was dying to see a Durem town like Barton, Gambino and Aekea would've been great too, and the pirates of the Shallow Sea! I wanted to be able to visit all the NPCs in their towns.
I feel totally gutted, I really don't like Monster Galaxy (-Neopets meets Pokemon. gonk ) I'm sure there are people who do but I like my avatar killing monsters not fuzzy little creatures and I don't like being forced into the same type of battles over and over with no real change. I tried Monster Galaxy and it was getting extremely repetitive so I don't have much hope for a new Gaia/Facebook game, sorry. sweatdrop

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

[ JK ]
MistressMinako

There's still a possibility that DMS will be open to the public, but there's no ETA on that. In terms of holiday updates, that's mainly up to swarf... if he has the free time, we can recycle past events. Fixing any glitches also falls on swarf. I can only fix art related issues.

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I was not able to attend this past meat due to real life complications, but the lack of even recycled events or any kind of game support makes for a dim prospect indeed.

Aged Nerd

Aseres

emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant

NO ONE TURNS AWAY MY BECKY

LIZILLA RAGGGGGEEEEEE

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

LOL! heart heart heart

Karma is nature's way of making things even...
...their run failed miserably. xd

The best thing to come out of DMS was the new friends that I made - you, Josh and Lux are at the very top of that list. Hardcore for the win!
emotion_awesome

IRL Vampire

beckygrendel

LOL! heart heart heart

Karma is nature's way of making things even...
...their run failed miserably. xd

The best thing to come out of DMS was the new friends that I made - you, Josh and Lux are at the very top of that list. Hardcore for the win!
emotion_awesome
Definitely ;D Go big or go home... you *still* need to get your Skype working!!! heart

Fashionable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
The Assassin of Doom
crying l love zOMG!....and I will never quite. Thanks for the announcement JK. Oh and I hope the new game you are working on is successful.

Good to hear! I won't quite either! smile
Looking forward to these future dev meats dramallama
Don't worry [JK], we still love you crying

arisa_jem's Fangirl

Hitched Regular

7,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Regular 100
[ JK ]
Bokun onikisu
What's the name of the new game? Will it be on Facebook or gaia only? Hope your new game takes off well.

Hi Bokun, the game that I'm working on doesn't have a name yet, but it's one of the games that got previewed at Ohayocon and referred to as "high fantasy strategy game". According to Pan, we plan on releasing it on both Gaia and Facebook.

Cool, thanks [JK]. I don't have anything against facebook so I'll give it a shot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff