Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obligatory Poll.

Obligatory Poll Whore. 1 100.0% [ 81 ]
Total Votes:[ 81 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Wheezing Warlord

Chokin

You could even add a badge for a certain score or something.

Love it.
              Added to OP.

Love the Cash Shop idea, too, but I just know everyone and their mother's dog will BAWWWWW about it.
              emo

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Voter 0
S1mbo
I was wondering about the crafting thing myself.

I think a system where the more you craft, the better you are at crafting would be interesting. It rewards you for putting effort in.

Another way I thought of would be based on the number of ingredients or orbs you put in. You could for example try crafting an item when you have only half the orbs needed, but its risky as your fail rate increases. The opposite being that using double the orbs needed is safer, and reduces the fail rate.

this is the only idea listed that I like (and the most logical), and if we fail to make an item I hope we can still use the same recipe because it was we never really needed in the item but as [ JK ] said all of the loot should be taken because it was still used in the field attempt.
SykoCaster

Like if you get 40/100 points in the mini-game, on an item with a 70% success rate, your success would increase by 40% of 30%, which would give you an 82% success rate.

ooh, i like this.
*uses stamp of approval*

Wheezing Warlord

I gotta go for a few, but keep the feedback coming.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
SykoCaster
Chokin

You could even add a badge for a certain score or something.

Love it.
              Added to OP.

Love the Cash Shop idea, too, but I just know everyone and their mother's dog will BAWWWWW about it.
              emo

I'm not a huge fan of the Cash Shop, either.
But any possible source of revenue is good to my entrepreneurial mind. D:

Wheezing Warlord

I have no issue with the Cash Shop itself.
              But I don't like how the Gold Shops and Holiday Events are neglected in favor of EIs and RIGs.

Familiar Lunatic

Small comment, a mix between S1mbo's suggestion and the Crafting XP idea: making a Big Fun recipe would require the use of thematically related completed recipes. Making them yourself would increase your chances of success and give you the needed finished items.

Example: To make one of the rubber rare Pirate items you need at least 10 items born out of pirate-related area recipes. If you buy the completed items, you have, say, a 65% chance of success. If you find or buy the loot to make the recipes yourself, it's 85% (2% per made recipes). Extra Pirate recipes created and used in the creation after the first 10 only add 1% until you reach 95%. Or something.

We still don't know what we'll be losin', thought.

Wheezing Warlord

gataka
Small comment, a mix between S1mbo's suggestion and the Crafting XP idea: making a Big Fun recipe would require the use of thematically related completed recipes. Making them yourself would increase your chances of success and give you the needed finished items.

Example: To make one of the rubber rare Pirate items you need at least 10 items born out of pirate-related area recipes. If you buy the completed items, you have, say, a 65% chance of success. If you find or buy the loot to make the recipes yourself, it's 85% (2% per made recipes). Extra Pirate recipes created and used in the creation after the first 10 only add 1% until you reach 95%. Or something.

We still don't know what we'll be losin', thought.

I'm not sure there'd really be a way to distinguish bought and crafted recipes, though.
              And I'm not thinking that more than a few completed items will be used, anyway.

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Idea 1:

One - I like it, and I think your con is completely besides the point. If the devs decided you'd have 75% chance to successfully craft an item, and the max crafting level was 10, then they could always put the success rate as 65%. The increased completed items of this system would only be an illusion, and all complaints were mere uninformed whining, because we'd be getting less items than intended anyways. And that's if they were mean, mean people, which I doubt they are. Anyways, this would also give a reason to escalate trough the recipes carefully, rather than have some, let me call him a rich b*****d, have others collect everything for him as he buys undervalued loot and then he can make a fat profit out of the only item of a type in existence out of the epics, without ever crafting any other smaller loot.

Two - Well, I don't mind the Null Frags, but 1% for each? Wow, isn't that a bit much. Some people still have over one hundred of those, lucky them. I think that how great their effectiveness is, and how expensive they are with G cash should affect each other.

Three - Ahahahahaha... Lol, wow, Thumbs up for originality. Now really, I don't want JK's reign of promises to end soon because he's busy getting his dev team to do silly mini-games for our crafting system, when it could be released earlier without it. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a mini-game to spice things up, specially if its one easy to learn and perform well and hopefully, one that isn't glitched or unresponsive *gasp*.

Idea 2:

******** YEAH!!! Now we're talking business! I'm all for this. I've always heard complaints of "Why isn't this item in *color*, but I never bothered until Code Alpha didn't get us a gosh darn BLUE CAPE!

In fact, add up something to this:

You have a crafted item of a color already. You can go to the crafting screen with it again to *change its color* by offering a different color of ink!

0 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
i would like different monsters to be more susceptible to different types of attacks. for example, make sand monsters more susceptible to water attacks but resistant to slash attacks? just an idea. chew it up which i know you will smile

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Of them, I'd go with #2 first and foremost, 'since I've already come up wit' a similar idea.

Valheita
On the topic of cash...

I wouldn't mind the introduction of a cash item that evens the odds of making an item.

Say.. a 99 cash item for mid range recipes, and a 199 or 249 cash item for higher range ones, then 499 for "Epics"

Might get zOMG! a bit more income?

Wheezing Warlord

Quintafeira12

Two - Well, I don't mind the Null Frags, but 1% for each? Wow, isn't that a bit much. Some people still have over one hundred of those, lucky them. I think that how great their effectiveness is, and how expensive they are with G cash should affect each other.

You're misunderstanding how it works.
              The Null Fragments would be used.
              As in, you use 30, and lose 30.

So yeah, if you have more than 100 of them, yippie.
              You can make three or four recipes with more security than the rest of us.

Quintafeira12

Three - Ahahahahaha... Lol, wow, Thumbs up for originality. Now really, I don't want JK's reign of promises to end soon because he's busy getting his dev team to do silly mini-games for our crafting system, when it could be released earlier without it. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a mini-game to spice things up, specially if its one easy to learn and perform well and hopefully, one that isn't glitched or unresponsive *gasp*.

Yeah.
              It'd be great, but I'm not expecting it at all.
              Too much work, as I said.

Quintafeira12

You have a crafted item of a color already. You can go to the crafting screen with it again to *change its color* by offering a different color of ink!

Eh.
              Then it'd be too simple to buy a cheap color off the MP and recolor it.
              Each color wouldn't be unique. Might as well just make the one item with every color as a different pose.

Wheezing Warlord

cleanloader
i would like different monsters to be more susceptible to different types of attacks. for example, make sand monsters more susceptible to water attacks but resistant to slash attacks? just an idea. chew it up which i know you will smile

It's been suggested half a million times, and has nothing to do with crafting at all.

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

SykoCaster

How am I misunderstanding it? I didn't say you get to keep them. I said that 1- Some lucky people still got a few of them. Not that they get much to do with them indeed. 2- I find 1% too big of a boost for a single null frag, and I said I'd rather have their price balanced out accordingly to it.

SkyoCaster

Eh.
              Each color wouldn't be unique. Might as well just make the one item with every color as a different pose.

I don't see where's the problem actually. You're just creating a path where more ink is required.
Given that the item requires always the same loot, orbs and gold, the part where you paint an item would be "free" when you first create it. Let us say, an item requires 20k gold when you craft it, adding up to the loot and ink, its price could go in the 70k range after some time. Now, if someone wants to recolor it, they have to give the new ink plus a fee for the recolor, let's say, 5k.
While if you crafted the item, you would have just paid 20k, plus ink, plus loot, by recoloring it you paid 75k plus the same ink and no loot. What really matters here is what is more expensive, the loot to craft versus the price of a cheap color at the marketplace? And to make it worse we could even demand more ink on a recolor than when crafting.
And if all goes well, loot is going to skyrocket in price soon, hopefully.
There's many variables in play, and I really don't see why shouldn't recoloring be allowed because someone might just buy one off the mp. They still need to give the ink to recolor it, and they bought the craft at user set price anyways, they are only making it worse on their wallet.

But maybe I'm not seeing a bigger picture here. Where's the gaian economy analyzers when we need them?

Wheezing Warlord

Quintafeira12
SykoCaster

How am I misunderstanding it? I didn't say you get to keep them. I said that 1- Some lucky people still got a few of them. Not that they get much to do with them indeed. 2- I find 1% too big of a boost for a single null frag, and I said I'd rather have their price balanced out accordingly to it.

SkyoCaster

Eh.

I don't see where's the problem actually. You're just creating a path where more ink is required.
Given that the item requires always the same loot, orbs and gold, the part where you paint an item would be "free" when you first create it. Let us say, an item requires 20k gold when you craft it, adding up to the loot and ink, its price could go in the 70k range after some time. Now, if someone wants to recolor it, they have to give the new ink plus a fee for the recolor, let's say, 5k.
While if you crafted the item, you would have just paid 20k, plus ink, plus loot, by recoloring it you paid 75k plus the same ink and no loot. What really matters here is what is more expensive, the loot to craft versus the price of a cheap color at the marketplace? And to make it worse we could even demand more ink on a recolor than when crafting.
And if all goes well, loot is going to skyrocket in price soon, hopefully.
There's many variables in play, and I really don't see why shouldn't recoloring be allowed because someone might just buy one off the mp. They still need to give the ink to recolor it, and they bought the craft anyways, they are only making it worse on themselves.

Alright, we obviously just have different balances in mind for the first part, so whatever.

As for the recoloring, why would loot skyrocket?
              Ink would go up like crazy, but loot would go down, since, well, you don't need to use it since you can just recolor what you have.
              Then we'd be right back where loot is now.

One of the benefits of being able to dye them is that each one would be it's own item.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff