Welcome to Gaia! ::

i would probly hlp them and then leave as fast as i can soo i dont get followed
I would, just to gain XP, as the following Rules Elaborations explains...the more you use your ring the more XP. I think it is just part of advancing yourself.

Gaining XP with Rings
Simply put, you gain experience with an active Ring by using that Ring.

You healed another player that was hurt? Then you got XP with that Ring. You damaged a monster? Then you got XP with that Ring also. You created an area of flaming doom? Then you get XP with it every time that area causes damage to a critter.
I would heal them and ask them whether they wanna tag along :3
Of course, I like talking people =P Not a ghost who just ninja

=)
I'd help as long as I understand their English enough to help out.
If they go, "HLAELP MWEHE PLZZZA!!!11!!" then I wouldn't help.
It depends really. I'm making a guild for the purpose of helping people. But if they're acting way too nooby, like what TwilightXIII suggested, I wouldn't help them. They'd deserve it for acting so noob-like.

Doting Darling

Seth-Moore

One itsy bitsy flaw with your ideal there.

Go onto the streets ask someone who Adolf Hitler is. They'll tell you he was a dictator of Germany who brought about the deaths of millions.

Now, ask them who Thomas Francis Jr. is. Some will tell you that he was the man who first created a vaccine for the potentially lethal infuenza virus, but, by and large, you'll get a heaping helping of blank faces.

My point here is that, those who bring pain and suffering, have always left a bigger impact than those who alleviated it. The meteor is famous, the people who fill in the crater are not.

Let's ignore the question of meteors- as a natural disaster, they possess no motive and are neither good nor evil.

Who's Neville Chamberlain?
Think for a moment. Now, who's Winston Churchill?
Did that second one come up a bit faster? I'll bet it did. He had a lovely set of radio addresses, after all.

Who's Chandragupta Maurya?
Consider for a second. Now, who's Ashoka?
Ask someone in India. The latter has a set of pillars, inscribed with his law, and is, I can assure you, more clearly remembered.

Or, let's take your example of Hitler.
I'd say just as many people are aware of the identity of Oskar Schindler.

Or, let's take your example of medicine, shall we?
Influenza as an epidemic (while of great significance to be sure), is relatively obscure.
However, Jonas Salk- inventor of the Polio Vaccine- is relatively well-known.

There are great villains, who are well known, but there are also great heroes, who have equal or greater name recognition.
Who stood against George Washington? A good many students would have a hard time with that one.

What was the name of even one police officer or politician who tried to stymie the civil rights protests of our just-past age?

In the end, while we may be impressed with the deeds of Evil, it will always be Banal, lesser, a passing thing to be destroyed and overcome.
Hitler himself, the man, is less famous than his Holocaust. And the world leaders who united to stand against him are, in the end, more justly famed than he, and more widely.
Well, if you ask me, I will help a struggling Gaian, noob or not, when he/she is having a hard time as long as I can support my own while helping him/her.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
rixhyn
I would, just to gain XP, as the following Rules Elaborations explains...the more you use your ring the more XP. I think it is just part of advancing yourself.

Gaining XP with Rings
Simply put, you gain experience with an active Ring by using that Ring.

You healed another player that was hurt? Then you got XP with that Ring. You damaged a monster? Then you got XP with that Ring also. You created an area of flaming doom? Then you get XP with it every time that area causes damage to a critter.

Perfect explanation for me. This is definitely what I'll be doing. Saving others to help yourself. 3nodding

I really hope that when PvP comes out, it will allow for a scenario like this, though...

(Noob is getting beaten down by monsters.)
NOOB: "halp!"
ME: "Agh... dammit..." (Eliminates monsters.)
NOOB: "omg ur asum, can i hav gold plz?"
ME: "...No thanks." (Eliminates noob.)

Ahhh, such is a dream...

Ghostly Warrior

35,565 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
If someone screams "Help" while fighting a monster, I would help. Although if it's a n00b, I will just watch while eating popcorn.
darn you mg darn you to heck another bad idea i have to draw now

~adds dudesels to her to draw list~
I would totaly save a guy!..I mean he could save your butt later...right?..(Grace's mind: ...but only if he's smexy lookin' because you my girl are a single woman..unless you want to take that old bf of yourse back, then you two could make your terrible-two-duo again, with his strength and your speed, but that evades the question completely)..the answer is....uuhhh....*blinks*...idk...It all depends on the situation...

Dapper Vet

If I know I won't be killed, sure! Unless it's a n00b...

If I ever get saved, I'll try to help back if I can (healing ring?).
Im a damsel and a dudesel, and im lyke so ttly hawt lawl. Who wouldnt wanna rescue this? xd

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Tessenjitsu
Im a damsel and a dudesel, and im lyke so ttly hawt lawl. Who wouldnt wanna rescue this? xd

Hm... watching Tes get horribly raped would be quite enjoyable...

Thats a real thinker.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces