• Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
Lucentas
Hidariude
Lucentas
Hidariude
Lucentas

Awesome! And congrats on finishing NaNoWriMo! I tried that once, it's way too much pressure for me. xD

And it's for Neopets, so I'm going to try to get it submitted to their weekly newspaper full of user-submitted stories.

I didn't finish NaNoWriMo, I only made it halfway, but it was long enough for Kindle Worlds, so I finished the book short of the 50,000 words and submitted it any way. I'm glad you're getting published too, let me know when it comes out so I can read it.

Ahh, I see. Still, that's cool that you finished it!

Will do!

I actually put an original novel of mine up for sale on Kindle a few months ago. Here it is if you want to check it out. Incidentally, I wrote the first 50k of it for that only NaNo I ever tried. xD

I don't actually have a Kindle, I have Nook. I know I should have a Kindle, but my sister got it for me for Christmas and even though I already had my book on Amazon for the better part of a year she insisted on Nook instead of Kindle for everyone, idiot. Yes, you can call her an idiot too. Anyway, is it available on the Nook or in print?

Hehe, don't worry about it. None of my friends have a Kindle, either. It's available in print here.

How do you promote your book? Do you sell it at conventions? I did a couple of those this year, my first time at conventions. They were so much fun.

Amorous Witch

Hit me scream !

Shy Fatcat

4,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄
User Image
It wont let me throw a snowball D:!♥
User Image
❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
Shhh Im Sleeping
❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄
User Image
It wont let me throw a snowball D:!♥
User Image
❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄

You have to make a post(as you just did) and you can only hit people who have recently posted. You should be able to throw at me for the next few minutes, but once you hit me it'll stop for a minute.

Also, love the Inuyasha Holiday pic!

Party Faun

9,325 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Happy Solstice?

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
Forrest_Faerie
Happy Solstice?

HAPPY SOLSTICE! Well, actually you're a couple days early but Happy Holidays anyway!

Party Faun

9,325 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Snow ball me!

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
Blood Red Skies
Hit me scream !

Welcome to the party! (SPLAT!)

Amorous Witch

Hidariude
Blood Red Skies
Hit me scream !

Welcome to the party! (SPLAT!)

Thank you very much! >u<

*throws snowball*

Festive Shapeshifter

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hygienic Humorist

Hidariude
Lucentas
Hidariude
Lucentas
Hidariude
Lucentas

Awesome! And congrats on finishing NaNoWriMo! I tried that once, it's way too much pressure for me. xD

And it's for Neopets, so I'm going to try to get it submitted to their weekly newspaper full of user-submitted stories.

I didn't finish NaNoWriMo, I only made it halfway, but it was long enough for Kindle Worlds, so I finished the book short of the 50,000 words and submitted it any way. I'm glad you're getting published too, let me know when it comes out so I can read it.

Will do!

I actually put an original novel of mine up for sale on Kindle a few months ago. Here it is if you want to check it out. Incidentally, I wrote the first 50k of it for that only NaNo I ever tried. xD

I don't actually have a Kindle, I have Nook. I know I should have a Kindle, but my sister got it for me for Christmas and even though I already had my book on Amazon for the better part of a year she insisted on Nook instead of Kindle for everyone, idiot. Yes, you can call her an idiot too. Anyway, is it available on the Nook or in print?

Hehe, don't worry about it. None of my friends have a Kindle, either. It's available in print here.

How do you promote your book? Do you sell it at conventions? I did a couple of those this year, my first time at conventions. They were so much fun.

I've actually been pretty bad at promoting. <_< The most I've done is post a thread in the promotions forum here, add a link to my signature in a few other forums, and post about it on my deviantArt and on Facebook.

What I'd really like to do is try to get an agent interested in it, so after I'm done with this other manuscript I'm going to revise Skydwellers again and then start sending out more query letters. I sent out a bunch before school started, but didn't get much interest (one agent said she wanted to see more, but when I sent her the amount she requested, she turned me down saying it didn't catch her interest enough).

Conventions sound like a really good idea, though. Maybe I'll try to do one of those if I get the time and the money.

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
Lucentas
Hidariude
Lucentas
Hidariude
Lucentas

Will do!

I've actually been pretty bad at promoting. <_< The most I've done is post a thread in the promotions forum here, add a link to my signature in a few other forums, and post about it on my deviantArt and on Facebook.

What I'd really like to do is try to get an agent interested in it, so after I'm done with this other manuscript I'm going to revise Skydwellers again and then start sending out more query letters. I sent out a bunch before school started, but didn't get much interest (one agent said she wanted to see more, but when I sent her the amount she requested, she turned me down saying it didn't catch her interest enough).

Conventions sound like a really good idea, though. Maybe I'll try to do one of those if I get the time and the money.

Yeah this and Facebook are my main platforms for promoting, I also have it in some local book stores. Have you ever heard of Amanda Hocking or Hugh Howey? They both started out self-published on Amazon, they got popular and ended up with deals with mainstream publishers. I would say if agents say no, keep pushing your work until the agents start coming for youlike they did for them.

Conventions can be very good, you would sign up for Artist Alley or Author's Alley, that's what they called it at the ones I went to. I was nervous but when I got there there were two or three other authors there all like me, self-published through Amazon, so desperately focused on selling their own material they didn't have time to tell me if they thought I sucked, probably worried they sucked too. Anyway, you spend the day sitting at a table watching cosplayers go by and trying to rope them in as new fans. Oh and at my last convention I met Vic Mignogna and gave him a copy of my book. Hopefully he has read it or will read it and get the other voice actors on board with me.

Barton Shapeshifter

12,490 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Barton Shapeshifter

12,490 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Amorous Visionary

17,400 Points