Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Protagonist

41,925 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Married 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
Heart of a Guardian
I'm so tired of doing this but I really want those snowflakes. Oh the inner turmoil.

I know the feeling all too well.

Eloquent Exhibitionist

So how do I get the charms again? I just want the 60 flake item ^^"""

Demonic Sweetheart

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250

High-functioning Seraph

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Statustician 100
I...I want snowflakes....I want a pet!!!

Healing Hunter

26,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I'm at 45 Snowflake charms, Should I try and get another Fafnir? gonk

Time-traveling Shapeshifter

20,800 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Suivien
Frequently Asked Questions about the Snowflake Game (aka Attack the Dragon)

How do I find the game?
In any thread in the Christmas event, look for posts by the NPC Fafnir the Dragon. The posts must be recent. Click on the "Attack the Dragon" link. Due to a glitch, doing this may bring you to the same page you were on. Find the same link and click it again. This should open the game window. If it says the boss was already killed, you need to find a more recent post by the NPC Fafnir the Dragon and click on that link. Sometimes other users will also post direct links to the game.

Once I have the game window open, how do I play?
The opening window displays a red play button. Click the red play button to begin, and keep your mouse in the upper portion of the screen or off the window. Owls will begin bouncing up into the screen. Snowflakes should slowly start coming down into the screen. Slash the snowflakes by moving your mouse over them. Do not slash the owls. Win the game by slashing 10 snowflakes. Lose the game by slashing 3 owls. If you win, you will get a completion page that says how much damage you've supposedly done, and the dragon's current health.

How do I deal more damage?
The only way to have the completion page display higher damage numbers is to let the opening window (the one with the red play button) to sit for longer periods of time. If you let it sit from the time the dragon re-spawns at 10000 health to just before he is dead, and then complete one game, the number will be in the thousands.

What if I click the snowflakes lower down? Will that get a higher score?
No. Nothing in game play changes your score. Sorry. They just didn't design this game that way. The game is entirely for fun. But keep playing, as a higher number of players may influence the speed with which Fafnir is damaged.

If I do thousands of damage, why doesn't it show in his health bar?
The amount of damage shown on the completion page of the game has NO bearing on the progress of the cycle or Fafnir's health.

So if it isn't damage from the game that determines it, what determines Fafnir's health bar progress?
The passage of time and possibly the number of people playing the game. These are the only things which show any effect on Fafnir's health. Whatever the game tells you doesn't have any bearing in how fast we progress through a cycle and how soon we get that coveted snowflake link.

I beat the game, but where's my snowflake link?
Only when Fafnir's 10000 health is reduced to 0 is a snowflake link released. Snowflake links are randomly released on one thread in the event's forums. Many threads have helpful folks (sleuths) who find the link and share it on other threads. If you click on the link and it shows a snowflake, you've received the snowflake. Check your inventory to see how many snowflakes you have.

The main event page shows more snowflakes than my inventory. What gives?
This is a known glitch. Your inventory and GoFusion show your accurate snowflake count, not the event page.

I clicked on a snowflake link and it said, "General Error."
This means either you have already gotten this snowflake or the link has expired. Snowflake links expire 15 minutes after they are released. Once you miss that 15 minute window, the chance for that snowflake is gone, and you have to wait for the next cycle to complete (for Fafnir to get back down to 0 health).

Written by jessicamundi, who has done extensive research on this and is at the time of this writing in the top 20 of snowflake collectors. If you have more questions, feel free to ask on the Fafnir Spotting Thread.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Ciatrine
I...I want snowflakes....I want a pet!!!
(Fafnir thinks you would be very tasty with the right condiments.)[akey]oD5Gkls6g7ew3SB94m2FIr7S[/akey]

PaganPrefect's Husband

Benevolent Elder

61,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
12! Whooooooo! *dances around*
AbbeyRoads
[NPC] Fafnir the Dragon

Lonely Otaku

Heart of a Guardian
I'm so tired of doing this but I really want those snowflakes. Oh the inner turmoil.

Meet too >.<''

Mega Nerd

Aged Misfit

DJWUBZY
Draconic Oni
I need to have someone draw this avi. I like this avi.

Would it be alright if I used a snip tool to save a reference? I should be getting a drawing tablet for christmas and I'd love for you to be my first victim subject
I would love that. c: Thank you~

Inquisitive Glitch

13,225 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers