Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Bitter Slumber Event FAQ

Don't exploit bugs or glitches! Let's keep this fun~

We need a hub for Fafnir findings!

Oh my goodness, he's everywhere now! I'm a little shocked at how easy he is to find!

Thank you to everyone who has contributed and helped. I really do appreciate it! heart

Attack Link:
You can only attack every thirty (30) seconds!
FREEZE

User Image

Reward Link:
Reward!
REWARD EXPIRES AT APPROXIMATELY 12:15 AM EST

Click here to go right to the event page~
User Image

Fafnir's Post History

Copy this if you want to quick quote Fafnir:
[quote="[NPC] Fafnir the Dragon"][/quote]

Still have more questions? Please open this spoiler:
jessicamundi
Frequently Asked Questions about the Snowflake Game (aka Attack the Dragon)

How do I find the game?
In any thread in the Christmas event, look for posts by the NPC Fafnir the Dragon. The posts must be recent. Click on the "Attack the Dragon" link. Due to a glitch, doing this may bring you to the same page you were on. Find the same link and click it again. This should open the game window. If it says the boss was already killed, you need to find a more recent post by the NPC Fafnir the Dragon and click on that link. Sometimes other users will also post direct links to the game.

Once I have the game window open, how do I play?
The opening window displays a red play button. Click the red play button to begin, and keep your mouse in the upper portion of the screen or off the window. Owls will begin bouncing up into the screen. Snowflakes should slowly start coming down into the screen. Slash the snowflakes by moving your mouse over them. Do not slash the owls. Win the game by slashing 10 snowflakes. Lose the game by slashing 3 owls. If you win, you will get a completion page that says how much damage you've supposedly done, and the dragon's current health.

How do I deal more damage?
The only way to have the completion page display higher damage numbers is to let the opening window (the one with the red play button) to sit for longer periods of time. If you let it sit from the time the dragon re-spawns at 10000 health to just before he is dead, and then complete one game, the number will be in the thousands.

What if I click the snowflakes lower down? Will that get a higher score?
No. Nothing in game play changes your score. Sorry. They just didn't design this game that way. The game is entirely for fun. But keep playing, as a higher number of players may influence the speed with which Fafnir is damaged.

If I do thousands of damage, why doesn't it show in his health bar?
The amount of damage shown on the completion page of the game has NO bearing on the progress of the cycle or Fafnir's health.

So if it isn't damage from the game that determines it, what determines Fafnir's health bar progress?
The passage of time and possibly the number of people playing the game. These are the only things which show any effect on Fafnir's health. Whatever the game tells you doesn't have any bearing in how fast we progress through a cycle and how soon we get that coveted snowflake link.

I beat the game, but where's my snowflake link?
Only when Fafnir's 10000 health is reduced to 0 is a snowflake link released. Snowflake links are randomly released on one thread in the event's forums. Many threads have helpful folks (sleuths) who find the link and share it on other threads. If you click on the link and it shows a snowflake, you've received the snowflake. Check your inventory to see how many snowflakes you have.

The main event page shows more snowflakes than my inventory. What gives?
This is a known glitch. Your inventory and GoFusion show your accurate snowflake count, not the event page.

I clicked on a snowflake link and it said, "General Error."
This means either you have already gotten this snowflake or the link has expired. Snowflake links expire 15 minutes after they are released. Once you miss that 15 minute window, the chance for that snowflake is gone, and you have to wait for the next cycle to complete (for Fafnir to get back down to 0 health).

Written by jessicamundi, who has done extensive research on this and is at the time of this writing (12/17/2014) in the top 20 of snowflake collectors. If you have more questions, feel free to ask on the Fafnir Spotting Thread.

Currently: Offline
Please quote me, pm me, anything to let me know of any changes I may have missed. Thank you!
[quote="Suivien"][/quote]

We will find you, Fafnir!

User Image
User Image

Announcement

Interaction between Fafnir, Sandman, and Jack

Rules and Guidelines

Bug Reporting Thread

Bitter Slumber Event FAQ

Manga

User Image

Inquiry about second Snowflake Charm grant

jessicamundi
Frequently Asked Questions about the Snowflake Game (aka Attack the Dragon)

How do I find the game?
In any thread in the Christmas event, look for posts by the NPC Fafnir the Dragon. The posts must be recent. Click on the "Attack the Dragon" link. Due to a glitch, doing this may bring you to the same page you were on. Find the same link and click it again. This should open the game window. If it says the boss was already killed, you need to find a more recent post by the NPC Fafnir the Dragon and click on that link. Sometimes other users will also post direct links to the game.

Once I have the game window open, how do I play?
The opening window displays a red play button. Click the red play button to begin, and keep your mouse in the upper portion of the screen or off the window. Owls will begin bouncing up into the screen. Snowflakes should slowly start coming down into the screen. Slash the snowflakes by moving your mouse over them. Do not slash the owls. Win the game by slashing 10 snowflakes. Lose the game by slashing 3 owls. If you win, you will get a completion page that says how much damage you've supposedly done, and the dragon's current health.

How do I deal more damage?
The only way to have the completion page display higher damage numbers is to let the opening window (the one with the red play button) to sit for longer periods of time. If you let it sit from the time the dragon re-spawns at 10000 health to just before he is dead, and then complete one game, the number will be in the thousands.

What if I click the snowflakes lower down? Will that get a higher score?
No. Nothing in game play changes your score. Sorry. They just didn't design this game that way. The game is entirely for fun. But keep playing, as a higher number of players may influence the speed with which Fafnir is damaged.

If I do thousands of damage, why doesn't it show in his health bar?
The amount of damage shown on the completion page of the game has NO bearing on the progress of the cycle or Fafnir's health.

So if it isn't damage from the game that determines it, what determines Fafnir's health bar progress?
The passage of time and possibly the number of people playing the game. These are the only things which show any effect on Fafnir's health. Whatever the game tells you doesn't have any bearing in how fast we progress through a cycle and how soon we get that coveted snowflake link.

I beat the game, but where's my snowflake link?
Only when Fafnir's 10000 health is reduced to 0 is a snowflake link released. Snowflake links are randomly released on one thread in the event's forums. Many threads have helpful folks (sleuths) who find the link and share it on other threads. If you click on the link and it shows a snowflake, you've received the snowflake. Check your inventory to see how many snowflakes you have.

The main event page shows more snowflakes than my inventory. What gives?
This is a known glitch. Your inventory and GoFusion show your accurate snowflake count, not the event page.

I clicked on a snowflake link and it said, "General Error."
This means either you have already gotten this snowflake or the link has expired. Snowflake links expire 15 minutes after they are released. Once you miss that 15 minute window, the chance for that snowflake is gone, and you have to wait for the next cycle to complete (for Fafnir to get back down to 0 health).

Written by jessicamundi, who has done extensive research on this and is at the time of this writing (12/17/2014) in the top 20 of snowflake collectors. If you have more questions, feel free to ask on the Fafnir Spotting Thread.

INFORMATIONAL POST:

1: Remember to keep checking the event page, as you can only collect your reward after the dragon has died (and gets reset)

2: Snowflakes will be soulbounded items.

3: If you played at least one game of 10 snowflakes then wait for the dragon to die then click on the latest reward link, your snowflake count on the event page should go up.

4: You can only play every 30 seconds but keep playing so we get rewards faster. If your snowflakes won't show it's cause you opened the window too quickly.

5: Remember to play the game! Without playing the game, we won't be able to get any grants!

jessicamundi
How to get Snowflake Charms with gold (billions):

You can craft a Snowflake Charm:
1) In GoFusion, craft a Snowflake Formula using 5 Heart Charms.
2) The Snowflake Formula requires a Cheery Sweater, which can be obtained two ways:
      a) Purchase a Cheery Sweater in the marketplace, or
      b) Craft a Cheery Sweater in GoFusion, which requires:
            i) 5 Unique Charms, which were awarded at a summer event, or
            ii) 5 Unique Charms, which can be purchased in the marketplace.

Total cost of each snowflake is currently valued at 3.8 billion - 4.5 billion gaia gold.
During the evening it may go down to as low as 2 billion. In the morning as high as 5 billion. (Information attained December 17th, 2014 1:48 pm EST)

Super Awesome Helpers:
DignityPower
Aizikan
jessicamundi
pixeIrainbows
lorelei_8
II-Midnight-Sakura-II
-I Hogosha I-

Fafnir's Stats:
User Image

Get a free item!

Check out these other threads!
Old Reward Links
Toxien's Thread

Yo, dragon, ya think ya are so fierce? Come at us, brah scream

Quote:
(Fafnir appreciates a good burninating of the countryside. He does his best to spit a small jet of flame at a nearby cottage, but the flame sizzles out when it hits the iced over thatch. This is a shame, as he particularly loves to roast thatched-roof cottages.)

User Image

Hellraiser

Kurby123321 's Honey Bun

Beloved Bunny

★ jack frost sandman gold gems treasure sandman eyes master blue flame

Sexy Vampire

19,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
gaia_gaiagold gaia_gaiagold gaia_gaiagold gaia_gaiagold gaia_diamond gaia_diamond gaia_diamond

Roasai's Fangirl

Colorful Cottontail

19,000 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

Always Be True To Yourself

He's a sly one! Hope someone works out how this works, because he's so awesome he needed an event! I wanna take part in this one for sure!

No Matter Who You Are

Hellraiser

[NPC] Fafnir the Dragon

here kisskiss

Floofy Princess

52,675 Points
  • Purrfection 500
  • Long-Distance Sniper 500
You would imagine a blue dragon to not be so difficult to find.

High-functioning Conversationalist

This thread looks soo much better than the one I made xD
lol.
I hope people will share when they spot.
Doesn't seem so far <.<'
Inga Eliza
yum_tea

Maybe he is just cold and wants a tea (:

Sugary Heart

I usually have an eye for dragons, but not today. smh

Newbie Noob

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200

High-functioning Lunatic