Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Another page of revision for Chapter 1 of Within the Asylum Walls.

Sparkly Gekko

Finished a novel today!

Now I've got the first two books written for that series, plus a couple chapters of the third one. But I'm going to take time off from this project and plot an unrelated book to write next. And maybe write some short stories. I'm still waiting on that one magazine to get back to me. I'm kind of getting impatient, to be perfectly honest.

Adorable Fisher

Progress: Wrote a short story for my book Demon Stories about one of the demons walking in the flower district of New York City in the 1940's with her human Puerto Rican lover. They are both transgender, and while obsessed with the fear of being found out and turned over to the cops for dressing in women's clothes, they experience unashamed racism instead. The story is three pages on Wattpad and about four on Word. No reviews yet. I love this story, though. I really do.
4 poems that have never been submitted away! 2/4 were easy to choose. The last 2 were a bit difficult. Quite a few nice candidates. It didn't help I threw my paper with notes of which ones I was planning to away a few weeks ago while tossing out that day's edits.
Progress:
Still no progress on Pack Mates.
Star Crossed has sort of crumbled so I'm using some of the characters for a new idea, Tempted, which is about angels and demons.
I've started making notes on it, but no other progress to report.

I also updated my blog. Word count: 50.

EDIT: Wrote a few lines of dialogue for a scene in Tempted. Word count: 109.
Editing a short and working on a poem. Plotting some changes to the novel too.

Sparkly Gekko

Decided to extend book two instead of working on something new.

Lavish Flatterer

I picked up a zelda fanfic from nearly five year ago that was so big that I feel the need to finish it for the sake of artistic closure and the ability to move on to other projects. I'm writing the 37th chapter and grinding along on it. Trying not to make things feel forced by my period flowed more than my creative juices right now.

I'm coping by getting into a pattern of posting and writing a paragraph. The current chapter is approx 4 pages long. Trying to limit it to 5 because of length and posting the fic on FF.net.

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
OMG I MADE A BOO-BOO!!

So I thought 35,000 words was a lot, I didn't think I wrote that much. Well, after scanning my novel I saw that I had copied-and-pasted a section of my novel TWICE into the main script. The second copy was copied into another section, literally mid-sentence. I panicked, I thought that I had lost a whole section of my novel (a good 1,500 words) but managed to bridge it back together again.

sweatdrop <<< me afterwards

After that my novel is 34,000 words. I added sections and bridges in but I have other documents floating around that need a home in the main script. I'd say it's roughly 35-36,000 words at the moment, all together.

Dapper Genius

7,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
No progress on my novel as of late but I have written two episodes for my youtube series.
Progress:
Wrote a character profile for the main character in Tempted. Word count: 503.

Quotable Poster

Preparing for NaNoWriMo by looking over and finishing up the plot for Potential. Also finishing a post for my role play, working on the setting for a huge steampunk series, which will also be a role play, and working on a fanfic. Hooray!

Questionable Prophet

C e r u l e a n
Hey Desi, good luck on your ideas for NaNoWriMo. It's been forever since I've been in this thread, but I haven't slacked off, really! biggrin I was half way done with my novel but got stuck and let a trusted friend read it and got lots of ideas for it and now, I want to try and finish it before next year so I can finally start the publishing process.

Thank you! It's been a while for me as well. I've never been brave enough to show a friend something.

Sir Icehawk

"Away"? I'm not sure if that means thrown away or sent away.
Good luck with the poems. Glad the last rejection was more of a relief than anything.

My Progress:
I've written a few things long-hand. I need to start typing stuff up. >.<
Worked on my resume if that counts at all.
I'm making my characters stall over the fact that I have no plan yet for them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff