Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Explorer

Sathael
LoperDoper
Plans are made to be ignored. I said I'd be finished with the first draft by the end of last August.
I'm not even a third of the way through xD

Knowing I'm not the only tardy one makes me feel better, but usually I keep up to my plans. Haven't been doing for the past year or so, though. I should probably get that fixed. smile
If it also helps,I'm currently throwing my deadline to the wind for my novella I've been trying to finish his June. >.> I'm a terrible procrastinator

My Progress: -3, I scraped three potential story ideas and by the end of today I'll probably add to that garbage bin >.> not a good day, lol.

On a somewhat brighter side, I think I know what I'm going to do for an original fic. I'm working on a plan.

Wheezing Nerd

8,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
Hello all. I feel like I haven't been here in ages~ I managed to pull a 2.9 gpa for the fall semester, which is only slightly below my aim for a 3.0 minimum. As it is winter, and I no longer sleep at night, I'm trying to get back into writing a bit.

So, it isn't much but, I've picked up Identical again and tossed about a hundred or so words into it. It's not much but its a start. I hope to get much more done while I try to correct my sleep pattern.

Dapper Genius

7,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
I haven't written anything in a month. I've been planning, outlining and further weeding out of the important details of my story. Would do more but between work and getting into school it's hard. However I do have a goal to finish at least 10 chapters by April.

Questionable Streaker

Progress: 200 words.

Prophet

Wrote 2300 words on Alexei. Feeling pretty productive.

Friendly Elder

7,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
So yesterday I sent a new personal record of ~4000 words. My old record was 1750 words. I have a new place to write. An old recliner in the dining room, with lots of natural light and few distractions. If this keeps up I may actually get a story finished
300 today, give or take. i don't count. namely: i took a fine-toothed comb over a prologue and the first two chapters. i took out a few things, bulked a few other things up... the us'.

i don't know what professors do. this is my sticking point. i need more interviews with more college professors, TAs, etc. in the meantime, i'll keep throwing words at chapter 3 and see what sticks.

Prophet

Got to 35,000 words on Alexei, now hitting Chapter Nine. That's one of my objectives for December done.

EDIT: Now at 36,300 words. Not a bad night.

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
I'm making some awesome progress~ I also read some blog entries and stuff that discussed writing things well and all that jazz. They were helpful.

I hope that my English teacher gets back to me on the first two chapters of my novella, though. I've been waiting for her reply for days.

Bloblike Creature

16,525 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Battle: Cleric 100
I've written 1,387 words today, but can already feel my passion for this story slipping. Ideas always seem so good until I write them down.

Blazing Bookworm

9,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
If you ask me...I am still not yet done with my novel that I have started three years ago...I have the ending in mind but I still await for my brain to produce a better ending for my "novel" XD

Quotable Poster

970ish words on Eternal Night today, which is the first scene in Chapter Fourteen and the first part of the next scene. I'm in the prophecy chapter now, and Anita has apparently decided she is going to b***h out the ex-goddess for putting her through Hell and back to get to the Temple. Fun.

I've also been marking down new ideas, tossing out ideas that aren't good enough for my newest plans, and planning out some roleplays, because I feel like collaborative storytelling again. It makes me sad to have given it up for so long. Hopefully this new idea will be fun, and, on the plus side, it's giving me more story ideas. Granted, I still need to finish my first novel before I move on. Which is proving to be hard because brain is currently wandering. But I'm getting better at focusing. Thankfully.

I've also been working on some plotting for some fanfiction stories. I'm working on an OC Pokemon fanfiction for fun which is essentially me and my friends. Why? Because I've always wanted to. It's not your typical journey story, nor is it simply a Mary Sue self-insert fanfiction, I don't want it to be. It has to be a story which holds together on its own, regardless of fandom, so that is taking some work. I am also doing a Disney High School AU. Why? Because it is a lot of fun to transfer the stories over to the best of my ability. Beyond that, however, I love Disney, and high school stories, so it will work. I am also considering a Bakugan fanfiction which acts as a bit of a memoir of the Brawlers while incorporating my headcanons, and then I also have a Young Justice fanfiction to continue. Woo!

Romantic Explorer

Posted Chapter 7 of Lily's Flowering Days
Happy New Year everyone♡

Questionable Prophet

@Koi:
Good luck with your sleeping pattern! And that's just a smidgen away from your goal. I don't think I've ever slept at night.

@Levi:
10 chapters in three months...about a chapter a week. Doable. Good luck! Sounds like your planning was useful.

@Loper:
Niceness.

@Sathael:
*oggles productivity*
You're so close to 40,000 as well! Sweet job on hitting 9 chapters.

@Lolly:
What blogs did you find?
The wait is painful! How many days?

@Grimm:
Oh, pretty avi. OoO
What's the story about?

@rimika:
Three years isn't so bad. How far gave gotten in writing it?

@LaFey:
Sweetness on the words!
And so many plans! Who would be in the Disney HS?
When do you hope to get to the roleplays? I'm trying to collab with someone on a story. I'm finding it difficult to share.
Good luck with all your future plans!

@Nikkou:
Sweetness on posting Chapter 7! Hope it does well.

@Mirror:
Mirror! That sounds really nice. Natural light is so relaxing. Dislike the yellow shade of lamp lights.

@lacheyenne:
Hey. Sounds like some good editing work being done. It's not always about the word count. What's your story about?

@

My Progress:
Horatio has returned to me!
*cuddles laptop*
The shop sure did take it's time. emotion_donotwant

Anyways, going to start logging with regularity and writing and finishing off my beta projects in due time.

Happy New Years!
I wrote half of a one shot...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas