Welcome to Gaia! ::

*cuddles thread*

[+1] 1 100.0% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 78 ]

Lord Zy's Wife

Greedy Bloodsucker

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Awesome Whimsi!

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Kendra - emotion_hug

Limit - Enjoy! If they're easy enough that an 11 year old Aurin could make them back in the day, they can't be too hard. xD
Whimsi
I wish math and I got along. The world might make more sense to me if we did.
Yeah, my mom is my hero. <3

Jade
Haha, now that you said that, watch me come in here tomorrow moaning about the wretched french toast fiasco that leveled my kitchen. wahmbulance

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Limit - You'll be fine. ^ ^

If not you can blame me. I won't mind.

Obsessive Loiterer

Back for a bit! Gonna reply to the excerpts I missed! And comments, too. Let me know if I missed someone!

Aurin: Oh dear, manipulation! Your characters are always a treat. heart

Limitless: Very ominous scene. I wonder how it turned out!

I'm really fond of this crowd. They're new MCs for this novel, and I'm having a lot of fun with them thus far!

Inkling: This reminds me that I saw someone spinning at my knitting circle last week. Quite an interesting process to watch!

Kendra: I DID. I wrote over 6k. stare So there.

Regarding your excerpt: Ahhh, Stan the goat! I'm looking forward to seeing this in its entirety.

Alberic: You support is so appreciated that it makes me dizzy. crying

Also, your excerpt: NOW I WANT FRENCH TOAST.

Lord Zy's Wife

Greedy Bloodsucker

Good Moya, I'm so proud of you!
There is nothing really happening in the thread swap story. It is rubbish really.

Jade ~ emotion_hug

Jade
Naw, I won't blame you. Unless it turns out great and I love french toast forevermore.
Then I'll blame you for sure. scream

Moya
It doesn't turn out well. emo

Obsessive Loiterer

Oh, regarding making fresh toast--uh. My first time attempting it, I made something my boyfriend and I have referred to ever since as Monstrosity. I just looked at him and asked, "You remember Monstrosity, right?" to which he immediately replied yes, despite being in the middle of a video game. And despite this having happened more than five years ago now.

It was equal parts french toast and scrambled eggs, basically. Not...bad...but really weird. We ate all of it because it was college.

Just. French toast requires heftier bread than the 99c fare at Safeway. sweatdrop

Kendra: I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep it up tomorrow. I'm a third of the way through the book now.

Limitless: Doesn't seem like it would...

Revered Nerd

Limit: Without math and science the world looks pretty good, look at little kids' perceptions.

Moya: I think everyone wants french toast.

Kendra: I want to see where yours is going.

And to motivate you I will share what I have on mine.

Stan wakes up early, he always does, he is a goat and leads a very busy life. His first thing to do is wake with the sun and greet it with the rooster, who in Stan's wise billy goat opinion is a blind old cook who needs to learn how to tell time instead of crowing at every odd hour of the night. Stan lets out a long bleat as the familiar sound of the screen door slamming on the door frame alerts him to the master of the farm coming outside.

The tall bald man in flannel and overalls carries a basket laden with clothes that he takes a few minutes to hang on a drying line. Stan stares at the myriad of colors and the cloth that flaps in the breeze, their movements are erratic and at the same time filled with a rhythmic and hypnotic pattern and oh how they taunt him.

"Hello Stanley." Francis says as he walks past his paddock with a basket that will hold eggs as fur free as his head.

Stan responds with his goat way his preferred shortened form of "Stan" but Francis does not speak goat so Stan is left to continue to perpetually correct him. Francis keeps walking and Stan turns his attention to the dew covered grass that is still cool in the early morning, he grows bored quickly and turns his attention to the clothes on the drying line.

It is little effort to headbutt the loose boards and wiggle and squirm his way out of the short-clipped-grass area and make his way to the large billowing goat-level laundry. It takes a few tries but he manages to latch onto the cloth and begin to chew, and chew, and chew. The wind catches the mass of the sheet he is chewing on and pulls it uncomfortably in his mouth, he lets it go as his goat brain spots a tantalizing sock with bright bands of color and a haphazardly applied clothes pin.

He plots daintily through the grass and plants his feet on a half overturned bucket to stretch, but it is not enough with his nubby goat legs and his stumpy goat neck to reach anywhere close the height of a sock. A sudden loss of balance and he is lying on his back with the bucket on his head. He bleets and it echos but as he rights himself the bucket is dislodged. The sock continues to flap like the laundry day flag it is, and Stan looks around the grassy lawn for something to climb on.

The method has worked for him in the past but it is clear that Stan has wised up and cleared everything but the bucket from the area. The wind picks up and brings with it the scent of wet wool and soap, in frustration he runs into the wooden post that holds his sock out of reach. The line wobbles as the clothing catches the wind and the sock appears to slip from the clutches of its wooden prison. Stan rams the post again feeling satisfied with the solid clack of his horns against the wood. He looks up at the sock and watches as it catches a burst of wind and flies to the ground. He is on it fast and contentedly chewing it when Francis shows up out of nowhere to whisk the sock out of his mouth.

Francis calmly replaces the sock on the line, taking extra care to secure the wooden pin. "Come on Stanley back you go." Francis says as Stan is picked up and carried, much to his bleeting protests, back to the paddock. Francis sets him down and pats him on the head with a chuckle and a laugh, "At least the vet is on her way." He says as he takes a heavy log and places it on the other side of the loose board, securing it, and consequently eliminating his current route of escape.

Stan stares at Francis and tells him of his indignation as he walks away. He is a goat after all and well aware his master treats him the same no matter what he says.

Edit: Wow that was a little longer than I thought it was.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Okay guys, I'd reply to you all individually, but my brain has ceased being able to form coherent tangents anymore. Meaning I'm going to go into "lurk mode" until I go to sleep, which won't be long off.

So I'm just going to go ahead and say goodnight now. Goodnight, Lovies!

Obsessive Loiterer

Whimsi: But I just ate dinner... Also, I'd read your story, but I've used up all my net time. gonk

Sleep well, Aurin!

Lord Zy's Wife

Greedy Bloodsucker

Jade ~ good night.

Whimsi ~ That was great, I love it.

Moya ~ emotion_hug

Revered Nerd

Jade: Night!

Moya: That is ok. You can get it later, or I can post everything once I get it written.
Moya
Egads. Well, I'll have to make sure my bread is hefty enough. sweatdrop
Yeah, an old, sickly man and a plain farmer woman against a team of powerful magic users. Definitely not an end-well scenario, haha.

Whimsi
I love little kids' ways of thinking.

Jade
Nighty night!

Revered Nerd

Kendra: (: Thank you.

Limit: Although they can be rather hard to understand a lot of the time.
And if it were on the Disc those magic users would be wise to run.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff