Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

I'm sure you didn't read the first post because it was too long.

You bet. 0.14583333333333 14.6% [ 7 ]
You know me too well :O *creepy 0.1875 18.8% [ 9 ]
Of course I did. *strict law abider 0.3125 31.2% [ 15 ]
Pfft *poll whoring 0.35416666666667 35.4% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 48 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Floofy Akachan

So Akako logged in.. and noticed all these WGers in my suggested friends list, many of whom have at least 10 mutual friends with me. And yet we never conversed. So.. through this WG, let's fill in that gap~

Everyone's got their own truth and learned from their own experiences. With this WG, let's try to be nice and say some encouraging words to our fellow WGer regarding their worries.

Edit: You can also include links for songs (like a real live Advice radio...with some bg music or some dedicated song to the AAY)

Edit 2: You may enclose your worry or advice in spoilers only for your AAY/TNP's eyes to see c:

Guidelines:

1. Poster 1 just post one of their worries.

2. And Poster 2 shall say some Words of Wisdom be it
      -encouraging words,
      -a story of your own relating to their issue and how you have overcome it,
      -simply another point of view or advice regarding their concerns; noting that you don't upset them more.

You can be clever, direct, practical, creative~ and so much more! (Just try not to be too mean)

You can be as elaborate as you want -- although, it's probably best to have to continue discussions with the other party through messages or comments.

And since, it is, after all, an 'Advice Radio, you can also post a song link~ or video~ dedicated to the AAY

Poster 2 would then post a concern of their own to be responded to by Poster 3

3. And the cyclical process continues~

Examples:

The 'worry' of the AAY can be from: This avatar looks so incomplete to me.
    TO a day to day issue: I got a paper cut.
    OR something deeper: My boyfriend of one year broke up with me.

The next poster shall respond with: Let's abide with: "Less is more". Simple can be quite endearing too.
    TO: You must have sensitive skin~ or You must be hardworking to be dealing with paper to start with. Just be careful from now on (:
    OR: It's probably for the best. You might be better of without him. Keep strong.

Let's try to get along, neh?~

You can start with: Dear TNP, lately I've been worried about... or my concern as of late is...
Be creative! Enjoy ~ and hopefully, be helpful aye?

If Akako conveyed my idea well...hopefully, we can form some bonds and friendships within the WG!

Imma start with the my concern:

Dear TNP, I stutter when talking to new people, and sometimes even shake when having to speak in front of a number of people.

Star Ladykiller

Haha, sounds like a bit of stage fright! But that's never a big problem. Whenever you're in that situation, just try to relax! I doubt anyone is thinkin' critically of you. Try to think of yourself through their eyes. You wanna appear proud, or confident, right? Just straighten up, don't worry about what anyone else is thinkin' ('cause most likely, it is an insignificant conversation or presentation that you'll forget about in no time anyways) and enjoy yourself!

TNP: It is...increasingly difficult to get a job over here. Without any real experience at, well, anything!

Rogue

Show No Emoticon

TNP: It is...increasingly difficult to get a job over here. Without any real experience at, well, anything!

You will find it. emotion_c8
Keep trying and improvise with your resume and use your network to help you get one

TNP: I really need to lose weight emotion_donotwant I am good at posing for the camera that I look like I am skinny but truth to be told, I am 65kg for a 165 cm girl emotion_facepalm

Friendly Friend

Leasfy

TNP: I really need to lose weight emotion_donotwant I am good at posing for the camera that I look like I am skinny but truth to be told, I am 65kg for a 165 cm girl emotion_facepalm

It seems like you're a pretty girl, since you take good pictures! If you're concerned about your weight, try doing little exercises, or find something healthy you like to do. For me it's hiking... a fun time and a workout!
If you're ever feeling down on yourself, it helps to think about qualities you like, or are proud of.

TNP - I often find myself feeling worthless, and like I am going nowhere.
hideous monster face
TNP - I often find myself feeling worthless, and like I am going nowhere.
♔♥♕♣

Perhaps thinking back on your past achievements (major and minor regardless) or set up a new goal to pursue. As for the "going nowhere" feeling mixing up your routine may remedy that as well.

TNP: I tend to over think things to the point where I most likely will not take action.

ll OMORI ll's Kouhai

Newbie Phantom

I do that too. Don't worry about it! It probably makes you smarter. : )

TNP: I have a bad cold but I don't want to miss a day of high school because I just started and I don't want to have to do extra work or something! I don't want to have to go to school sick though!

Cheery Genius

II Moonlit Sparrow II
I have a bad cold but I don't want to miss a day of high school because I just started and I don't want to have to do extra work or something! I don't want to have to go to school sick though!

Whenever I get sick during the school year, I always go to class anyway. However, I don't think that's the best thing to do. Feeling miserable during the school day probably won't be helping you any, because you'll be focused more on your illness than your lectures. I don't think you should be afraid of doing the extra work--it's going to have to get done, anyway. Besides, your teachers might allow you some more time to make up the work.

TNP: I have terrible anxiety, especially in social situations. I find it difficult to initiate a conversation with anyone when I'm surrounded by so many unfamiliar people, and I feel like I can't escape their judgment.

Friendly Gawker

We dragons do exist....
I actually have the same issue. I shutdown entirely at parties. My advice. Whenever you're gonna be in a social situation like that, bring 1 or more friends, especially ones that are more open and you are comfortable with. It goes a long way.

TNP: So, there's this little brother of mine that loves to game as much as I do. BUT whenever we get in 1vs1 situations, I (quite often as I'm his elder by 9 years) usually come out on top. It doesn't take more than 3 victories in a row by me to get him throwing a tantrum at the age of 11. He doens't act like this in bigger groups of games, when multiple people are playing. Just 1vs1 with me. It gets to the point I don't want to play with him. But he's the only person I have around here who is usually WILLING to play a 2p game with me. Thoughts?

....I'm living proof
If it were me, I would let him win a few times, just so he wouldn't get bent out of shape. Or play a co-op game where your characters have to work together instead of fighting against each other.

TNP: I graduated high school last year and since then I've felt like I haven't been going anywhere. I have no idea what I want to do or what college I'd want to go to, and I don't know if I have a passion for anything in particular. I feel like I've got to figure it out as quickly as I can, too, or I'll be living in my parent's basement when I'm 30, or something. xp Any thoughts?

Eternal Pyromaniac

21,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Oh my, it also happened to me as soon as I graduated high school. My classmates were going to college while I was still stuck at home!

It seems like you have to rediscover that interest as soon as possible. I believe there will still be a perfect course for you. Why not try something you're good at instead? Or something you'd probably enjoy. It's better to take up something you're interested in instead of taking up a course that other people chose for you. Trust me, it's difficult if that happens. (My parents always wanted me to go to med school but I know I'll do terrible since I know I can't put my heart in it.)

That Bachelor's Degree may be important, but don't forget that you're supposed to have fun too! ^_^

TNP: I'm doing good in most of my classes. But I have this little problem: Once I screw up even just a little bit (for example, failure to submit a plate or being late a few times), I tend to give up completely! D: When that happens, I don't have the guts to show up in that class again.

Any thoughts?

Omnipresent Warrior

17,800 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Well first off try not to miss classes, for it may be crucial to your success. Also, don't give up if you don't submit whatever it is on time unless you have a professor/ teacher who does not accept late submissions. Either way if you are late to class a few times, don't give up, just go to class, and talk to your professor or a classmate and see what you missed.
Good luck!

TNP: I an always overly anxious and overloaded with the upcoming workload ever since I started college two years ago. And since I am also working (luckily part time) I panic because that gives me less time to look at my work and do my absolute best to get an A on at least most of my assignments in my 300 and 400 level classes.
What should I do to avoid this?

Floofy Akachan

Firstly: Whoa! Akako's also doing 300 and 400 units this semester! (Except I don't work at all during the 14 week period then works full time during uni breaks)

I say try to fight the anxiety, not to totally eliminate it (since I was told before: be nervous enough to try your best but not too much to worry unnecessarily), but to minimize it as much as you can.
If you're too anxious, the tendency is you'll be too focused on the emotion that you may not be well rested and the concentration on the actual workload may decrease.
I also find writing and going by your timetable should help (: allocate hours for part-time work, studies, resting and of course also for fun~ hence leaving you with less time for anxiety.

Listen to some relaxing tunes too~ like this one perhaps:
Yiruma- Moonlight

TNP: Akako loses motivation easily and procrastinates a lot. Once given a task, I analyze the best way to approach it, how to do it for best results and once I know what needs to be done, I won't do it until I absolutely have to. It seems I like working under pressure, which is not completely true, as I know stressing won't lead to much good, especially if unexpected things happen, and I can't abide by my procrastination-then-work plan but... - -"
Any suggestions?

Heroic Entrepreneur

Set deadlines for yourself and strive to keep them. Start a reward system with yourself. Grab a friend and enlist them in this. Procrastination can feel like the best thing in the world, but when its crunch time, it's stressful. Try to pace yourself out a bit more and it'll be easier. Good study habits are just that - habits. Sometimes it takes a while for a person to adopt a new one. Be patient and don't give up!

TNP, 'Liri has been feeling a bit out of sorts recently, as I've quit one of my jobs and am currently grabbing more hours at the other. Unfortunately, with the lack of exhaustion that comes from working two near-full time jobs, I find that I have been unable to sleep for longer than a few hours at a time, if I even sleep at all and I'm worried about it effecting my work. What would you recommend?
♔♥♕♣

Perhaps a half hour of exercise may burn some of your surplus energy. At least a two hour buffer between trying for sleep though.

TNP: I rather hide behind a screen/paper/etc and have others speak for me unless there is absolutely no choice. Advice or insight, please?

Timid Sweetheart

13,375 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Friendly 100
Perhaps you could practice speaking for yourself? Maybe ask a friend or someone to give you help with that. I'm the same way, but I'm getting over it little by little. ^__^

TNP: Alright I bought this adorable Hello Kitty backpack for back to school and I'm super excited to use it, but I'm just scared of what others are gonna think. Any advice or insight for this? sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff