Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rich Wife

User Image

Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you.
                                                      ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                                      ☾Where am I?: Doorway of my dorm | ☾Who are you?: Not really sure.. | ☾What am I wearing?: Fighting the cold | ☾What am I thinking?: Hrm. ❞ | ☾OOC:I've got some news!

= Talking
                                                      = 'Thinking'

Isabella jumped when the man in front of her screamed and shielded himself with his guitar. She gave him a sideways glance when he asked her if she was alright, not knowing what he was referring to. It wasn't until she followed his gaze and looked down at the black stains on her. The mage sheepishly blushed and nervously laughed. "Oh! Um. Yes, I'm quite alright.Trust me, I'm fine. That scream was just.." Isabella glanced back at her room, scanning for an excuse. Her gaze fell on a scattered pile of books, and a light bulb went off. "I..Accidentally knocked over some books. And that heavy one..The Voltaire one, hit my foot." She winced at her god awful lie. That failed to explain all of the black muck on her body. "Thank you for checking on me though..That was very sweet. I'm Isabella, by the way. I'm sorry we had to meet in such a manner."

The mage gave him a smile as she extended her arm to shake his hand, slightly drawing back when she felt how clammy it was, but shook it otherwise. As she drew back, Isabella peered around the corners and watched students walk by. It seemed to be an innocent observation, but what Isabella was looking for, was a student or teacher with a matching cut on their left hand. Her brows furrowed and her lips curled into a frown when she found no one that matched such a description. "I see you have a guitar." Her eyes fell on his large guitar, changing the subject out of both awkwardness and sincere interest. "Was it you that I heard strumming? It was a little faint. You aren't half bad. I used to play the piano. I haven't touched a piano in a very long time." She reached out her long, pale index finger and plucked a chord. She grinned and giggled to herself.

"I'm sorry..I'm being so rude. I would invite you in, but my room is a terrible mess..It would take forever to clean up and I don't want to have company surrounded by such muck. I could use a walk anyway. Or food. Or walking with food. Besides, I want to get to know my new neighbor! Just allow me too.." Isabella waved her arm delicately before a quick breeze of air hit her body, cleaning her instantly of any black stains. "That should do it! Now, where were we? Oh that's right. Food and walking. And talking. Shall we?" The pearl haired woman beamed at the man in front of her.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JUST Gigi

Hilarious Gekko

User Image
User Image

Ian began to calculate his movements to try and not seem so sheepish and nervous in front of the girl. However, his body relaxed slightly when he saw the girl eyeing her own room for the reason of her vocal explosion. She explained her reason, and Ian peered over to see the big book she was referencing. Sure enough, it was on the floor, massive in all its literature. Ian didn't believe it but didn't want to pry into the girls business. After all, that would mean she may want to explain more and he would have to end up trying to not make a fool of himself. "Ah, sí, libros." he mumbled. The girl then stretched out her hand for a greeting with a remark of thanks. The redhead reached out as well, forgetting about his clammy hands, and shook his head. "Oh don't worry about it. I would feel bad if I ignored it. You can call me Ian."

He noticed that Isabella was gazing past him in the hallway, and he failed to catch himself wandering his eyes around as well. Looked like normal people tracing the halls up and down. Ian was snapped back to the conversation when she mentioned the guitar, to which he sheepishly presented. "Ah. Yes that was me, sorry. Hehe." He always wondered if someone could hear him but never really got a chance to test it. Ian was about to respond about her piano playing when she decided to pluck a string, leaving Ian in a loop since he was always so cautious of people touching it. The guitar reverberated the sound, leaving the note to carry down the hall a bit. His finger slightly tapped the string to stop the sound and watched her smile and giggle, at what, he didn't know, leaving his paranoia to rise from the thought he was doing something. He slowly put the guitar back as she surprised him once more. "Oh trust me, even with a clean room, I would feel so.. awkward being a girls room alone." A nervous chuckle escaped him when he would have just rather stayed quiet.

She mentioned taking a walk and getting food, which didn't sound bad to him but he felt ill-prepared to going with someone. He barely woke up. However, the girl had a point. Getting to know someone who lives so close would be a swell idea. But her actions only made him more cautious, seeing her magically clean her clothes all in one arm swing. When she was all cleaned up, the caution went to curiosity. As she proposed the question to start walking and talking to get to eating, he simply let a slight huff out and said "Caminemos", then proceeded to walk with her out of her room and towards... Well he doesn't really know. Ian figured he could just follow her in the hopes that she will take the lead of the walk and head towards wherever she wanted to eat. He decided it would be the "manly" thing to do and pick up the conversation first. His mind, however, decided to turn itself off with conversation topics. Which resulted in him going to the obvious. "That was a nice trick you did back there. To clean your clothes. Anything else cool about you?" he said, pausing her in the hallway to let him dart into his room and grab his tan guitar bag and jacket, jumping in and out of the room in less than a few seconds. Ian continued to walk and zip his guitar in the bag, putting on his jacket, and slinging the bag on his shoulders like a backpack. "I am sure it's way better than what I can do."

Obnoxious Panda

High-functioning Sleuth

19,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
User Image

☽ Location: Dorms (Setsuna's Room)
☪ People: Elly, Setsuna
☽ Thoughts: If Elly wants cupcakes, so help me, she gonna get cupcakes!
☪ Attire:
☽ ᏫᏫ☪ :

User Image
Vincent reguarded Setsuna with a curious expression. "You've done a lot of research into this," he noted, intrigued and frustraited. Things always got confusing when magic was involved. And if the Dean's magic didn't follow the typical laws of magic then it could be impossible to get out that way, unless one found a way to nullify the magic. If nothing else, however, the Dean's abcense should at least weaken the spell, assuming it followed that particular law.

Vincent turned to Elly with a small smile. "Yeah, you'll be able to buy all the cupcakes you want," he agreed, not missing how her expression changed as she initially met his gaze during the announcement. They could sort out all those heavy details later; there were still several good hours before the day came to an end, after all. Elly seemed to be of a similar mind, after all, making her comment about cupcakes and even making a small shower of ice-confetti before inviting Setsuna to go to the mall with them.

The vampire offered a small nod, "I don't mind at all." If Elly wanted more people around, she could have more people. Besides, it'd help keep away from those heavy topics for a bit. Although, Vincent noted, would this tiny being need one of them to carry him? Or could he change sizes to keep up? He glanced at Elly, maybe she had a tactful way of figuring that out.
User Image

Little Miss Opinionated

Rockman_V

Perfect Loiterer

User Image
User Image
                                                Lysandra felt as if she were back in time to those days when they'd just hang out, before all of the weird(er) things started happening, but something felt off. Surely whatever happened to Elise and wherever she went had some kind of effect on her; it was just a gut feeling that she had, but could confirm it on the basis of just being close friends. It wouldn't change her opinion of her, but she was quite concerned, because whatever the reason for her disappearance, she was going to have to know! Between losing her friend out of the blue, losing in the tournament, accidentally killing someone, and being reunited with said Elise there were so many questions and not nearly enough answers! On top of that, the big mall had returned, and something about the air felt different, the sky was also...wait, the "magic dome thing" she would throw rocks at and hit trying to fly out at first wasn't there anymore! Something very suspicious was going on, and she was already riding the most bittersweet emotional roller coaster, so why not just add that to the hundreds of pounds of weight on her mind? Lysandra was happy, yes, but it didn't exactly seem like Elise knew how much had happened with her, anyway and food just seemed like the LAST thing to think about. If anything, she was feeling pretty damn full, but eating after killing someone with no intention of actually hurting her in a training exercise would benefit her health...so long as it wasn't a smoothie.

'Fokken...I can barely handle this. But she's back so I won't have to...I hope.'

When they had gotten to the food court of the mall, she picked herself up a beef fajita wrap and a smoothie, out of force of habit. To reiterate, she got in line, stood there and got to the front before she realized she didn't actually want it, but was too embarrassed to leave, and ordered the same tropical kale mixture she always gets after exercising and paid for it begrudgingly. 'So stupid fokken 'ell.' Lysandra sat with Elise at the same table and only at half of her wrap, storing the leftovers in her backpack, and very slowly drank her smoothie, seething of anger and disappointment in herself for even ordering in the first place! "Yer gonna 'ave to tell me everythin' ya know that? Like, I took SO MANY L's after ya left, an' ya ain't see the big massive 'un I took at the tournament! Jus'...*sigh* glad to 'ave ya back. But while we do our shoppin' I want ya t' tell me 'bout it, but anyway let's go, you choose where we shop first." She picked up her smoothie and they were off to explore the MALL OF EVERYTHING! Literally, everything! She thought it was a farce at first, but then when she decided to look for something so oddly specific and weird, she found it (there were actual, sentient, key chain and phone accessories)! 'This overcoat, these leggin's, them socksss, how's bout these jeans too. Oh, waaaaaooooo, those shoes? MMMMmmmmm...nah, goin' to a shoe store next. Need them new kicks~! Also, new sweatshirts!!!!' After dashing from store to store, they had accumulated about ten different bags, but not until Lysandra decided to lead them to the magical parts of the mall. They needed one of those dimensional gateway bags to carry more stuff anyway! Also, this might be her only chance to get something useful and learn about magic or something she didn't know about.

After buying an oh-so fashionable bag of holding, her eyes had focused on the next store, further down the path. A store of magical books and teachings!!! A...magic bookstore of sorts. Upon stepping through the threshold, the mall on the outside disappeared behind them, leaving stepping stones from the floor into what appeared to be infinite nothingness offset by streams of magical energy and points of light. The interior was interesting, broken stone pillars floating in the air, shelves that were like giant Rubik's cubes made of smaller cubes; and interesting computers for ease of access. Looking up, there were more floors, and flying people, whom ranged from humanoid to arthropod, and outright artificial in nature! "What the s**t???" Lysandra could not wrap her head around ANY of it, it was just so insane. Well, that's why she was in a bookstore, to buy some useful books on how to punch ghosts n' things in the face! She walked up to one of those tablet computers and began typing in words like "punch" and "fighting techniques", which then caused the surroundings to change, except, they haven't. It turns out that she had been teleported to a section of the store on mystical martial arts, as shown by the picture of the guy throwing a punch. This place had lots of scrolls and books, and those cool wall scroll things of guys fighting hundreds of people looking unnaturally calm, and weird energy surrounding them.

The whole setting looked different too, she was standing in the middle of a section which branched off into several different areas, each one looking like a different type of school with its own decorum. What was the name of her base fighting style without explosions? It had taken elements from kempo and karate, but also kickboxing and shaolin techniques, for a fast, style that incorporated strikes, grappling, joint locks and throws. In the lab, they called it Variable Combat and Defense Method ver. 2, developed by various martial artists and scientists in an attempt to enhance the physical capabilities and fighting knowledge of Lysandra and a group of other children. She decided to just go with what appeared to be Chinese, since it looked familiar in terms of architecture and decor, rather, she saw something similar in a few action movies, so she had some sort of frame-of-reference. “Look at all this cool s**t! This dude’s floatin’ and has three eyes, n’ this dude is doing some kinda energy wave thing with his moves!” She said looking at the various depictions of qi manipulation and enlightenment on the walls and in some of the books. Because she couldn’t exactly understand any actual Chinese or Sanskrit, she picked out a few manuscripts and scrolls and took them to the nearest computer tablet thing that translated and displayed the titles on a hologram. “Supreme Consciousness: Understanding the Immaterial, The 18 Forms for the Fist of the Mind, Cultivating Latent Energy Revised Edition, Meridian Network and Microcosmic Orbit, aaaaand The Subtle Body, sound like some interestin’ reads, huh?”

Lysandra decided to keep these books and grab one more from the recommended book listing that popped up on the screen called Exercising Qi Control: 10 Techniques to Refine Latent Energy. Perhaps it was best to explain why she wanted to come here to begin with, “ya know anythin’ bout magic?” she asked, then paused, “Well...I mean, DUH, but like, I wanna learn how to defend m’self against attacks that don’t ACTUALLY hurt yer body, or can’t be blocked normally, ya know? The tournament really sent me for a loop.” She sighed and tapped the screen, which teleported them back to the front of the store, and she went to what appeared to be the cashier; a creature obscured by a fancy hooded robe. The books levitated out of her hand and were encased in what looked like a magical hologram in the shape of a cube, that shone for a moment and then burst into a bright light. The books had been translated for her understanding, and then sold to her at the fairly reasonable price of seven hundred dollars.

“SHEEEESH! I-I mean...thanks.”

She grabbed the bag of magic scrolls and tomes, and stormed out of the bookstore, back into the mall, quite literally steaming with anger over how expensive it was! “Can you fokken BELIEVE that?! SEVEN HUNDRED BONES FOR THESE CRUSTY a**--ffffff...I’m not mad. It was worth it. Don’t care if it wasn’t, they’re gonna help me punch s**t...” Lysandra took a deep breath to calm herself down for a moment and nodded to make peace with the fact that she might have been ripped off.

“Your turn to choose a place to go.”

company Elise!!!
                                                                    location Training Grounds---Forest
                                                                    ooc An outfit, I guess.
                                                                    Little Miss Opinionated

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff