Welcome to Gaia! ::

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
The announcement had hit Detective Taller hard. He slumped in his chair like a puppet with its strings cut. Kathryn Scottson was dead... and with her the answers to his questions... the solution to his murder... now his case would be cold, stone cold, like the one of this Pietro guy....
...but who killed the journalist? Could it be... could there be a connection to his case? What if he found his own killer by finding Scottson's? He straightened again, taking a deep breath - old habits and all - and listened closer to the others' reactions. He retrieved his glasses from a pocket and a guest list he'd gotten through his GPD connections from another, and started trying to identify the guests. The snake woman who'd freaked out was BAI... the one with the skulls on her dress was Mae - she seemed to have a personal connection... he went through the list, pausing for a moment as he heard what sounded like an angry... frog? He shrugged - there was a murder to solve now.

Greedy Shapeshifter

17,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
"Not one that showed up in a bowl full of food," Nilda replied. She looked back at the arguing group of people that were making a show of themselves. "Makes me wish they were dead. . . So at least they'd shut up."

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
"Bah! You're just jealous you can't sleep in bowls of food." The frog replied, and hopped out of the bowl. Suddenly, a snake-headed woman caught the frogs' eye. The frog hopped over to her and jumped into the mouth of the snake head with a large leap. "Hey, are you the one who's been making all this racket?! I was TRYING to sleep!" It complained to BAI, staring at her with its beady eyes.

Beloved Lunatic

((Sorry... I wont be online for a while... So.. try not wait too long if you wish to interact.))

Stella had been sitting quietly at her table listening and watching. She took in the hysteria that that snake mask woman was causing. And the pleasure at Kathryn Scottson's death that others had exhibited. She even took in the apperance of a frog. THen, Stella remembered something. Wasn;'t that dead detective looking for the late Miss Scottson? OH well, suppose it didn't matter now. Wanting more food to try and calm her suddenly turmoiled emotions, Stella went to the food table. She saw the frog hop over to the snake mask woman. Then, Stella browsed the selection of food left on the table. "Hope there's more of those mini sausages..."

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
Detective Taller considered taking a look at the "sex freezer" himself, to see if the apparent crime scene provided any clues, but then he remembered the announcement... "do not wander off alone."
So instead he decided to focus on the arguing people, hoping he might hear anything interesting... other than the frog getting angry at BAI.
Then he noticed the woman in the blue dress he'd talked to before - Stella, as he now knew - standing by the food table, looking at the food. He thought that was a bit of a strange reaction to hearing someone was murdered - he could still vividly remember how his first murder case killed his appetite.
He got up and walked over to her.
"Are you all right?"

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Lunar looked around while in her seat to hear the other woman's reply then adjusted her blue skirt part of the gown and tried to brush the locks of hair covering one of her eyes, but to no avail. 'I hope the other girl is alright as well as BAI, NIlda, and everyone else.' she thought as she waited for the other woman's response.

Hallowed Knight

So. A journalist was killed in a freezer in the mansion, and they were all locked in until the proper authorities showed up. But with the storm outside, it could take some time for them to show up. And already there were heated accusations being thrown about by some of the more prominent looking guests.

The snake masked woman had finally seemed to have calmed down considerably while trying to achieve her "happy place." The woman with her Imp showed up and, curiously, a frog withdrew itself from a pile of food to converse and complain at the woman with the imp, she blinked, pondering how or why a speaking frog was there when the argument started to take on some heat and drew her attention once more.

Then she noticed something about the flamboyant man. He was positively drenched. There were small pools of water starting to gather on the tiled floor from the runoff, but that wasn't the real thing that drew her eye. One of the puddles was tinged in red. With a better examination of his person, the red runoff was coming from his hand. Was that wine? Or perhaps even, blood? It wouldn't be hard to imagine giving the events of the last several minutes. Had nobody else noticed it?

She cleared her voice, then gestured towards the man's hand.

"Begging your pardon, but just what happened to your hand, Sir?"

Mega Borg

13,525 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie For All! 300
(Posted from my phone so no formatting)

Hyunah told the woman at the table that she was okay.Now she was gawking at a talking frog so many strange things going on it was mind boggling,not so much the smaller incidents;the drunk woman,the imp,the dancing woman,murders,and even talking frogs are not unheard of but in such a small area it was hard to think this could all happen coincidentally

Beloved Lunatic

Stella looked up and saw Detective Taller. She smiled a small little smile at his question. "Oh, yes, I'm fine...." She trailed her sentence off there, not sure how to continue. Part of Stella was lamenting the loss of life that had happened, another part was shocked that it could happen at so joyous and event, and still another part was massivly craving more of those teeny tiny sausages.... So much going on in one brain. It was almost enough to make Stella want to...
Then she did. Sort of. A couple of tears made thier way down her face. Quickly wiping them away, Stella said, "I"m so sorry.. I'm not usually like this. It's just..." She looked at the table. "A lot of strange things have happened, and I wasn't sure if I was going to have fun tonight, and now THIS happens?" Stella picked up some random peice of food and popped it into her mouth. After swallowing, she said, "I'm sorry..."

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
User Image

[[ I'm going to have to end tonight with some sort of tantrum/disappearance, because I won't be around much tomorrow >< ]]

There it was. The rumor was ruining her life yet again. Why was she always making these mistakes, dammit. "Now what?" she wondered, her head spinning. Mae had seen this sort of thing in movies, being locked in a building will make everyone panic. Everyone will start to become irrational, and only god knows what they will do to her, being such an obvious suspect. Mae needed to calm down, she did not want to become the victim of a lynch mob.

"It may appear that way, but that is only if I was guilty of the crimes. The jury found me innocent, but the media just won't let it go." Mae stood up, her hands shaking visibly, "My psychiatrist told me that stress was not good for me, and I do believe that this conversation is causing me a lot of stress." She excused herself, walking carefully to the back of the room, picking another table farther from the crowd.
Despite the chaos unfolding around her, Raizura had worked hard on her haiku for the contest, and wanted to accept the hostess's challenge.

Pushing away from the wall and out from the dark corner she had hidden herself in, the young woman slowly made her way to the stage, stepping up to the mic, and after clearing her throat softly read out the short poem, hoping that it would be heard above bickering.

"Gleaming Eyes Watch You
Their Screams Are Echoing Still
Tonight Darkness Falls"

Once finished,. Raizura slowly made her way back to the shadows of her corner where she leaned against the wall once more, watching the goings on of the room unfolding before her.

Wild-Haired Crimester

28,550 Points
  • Craziest Hair Award 1000
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Champion Cardholder 100
User Image
★     ☆     ★ ☆     ★ ☆     ★BatteryAcidIncluded★     ☆     ★ ☆     ★ ☆     ★

BAI let her eyes look up at the frog that was inside the serpent's mouth and she she gave a few measly noises. "I'm sorry, Mr. Frog, but someone's been muuuuuurderrrred," BAI whispered, the echo of it rattling her helm a bit. "It's not safe to be around these people," she hissed and then grabbed the frog from the mouth of the costume and clutched his wonderful amphibian self against her bosom, "It's okay, little one, no one will hurt yoooou." She had clearly cracked.

★     ☆     ★ ☆     ★ ☆     ★ "Murder at the Masquerade" ★     ☆     ★ ☆     ★ ☆     ★

User Image

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
"It's all right", Detective Taller said to Stella. "I... can understand how this is for you...I tried to follow Miss Scottson when she left the room, but I got lost... I feel like if I hadn't lost sight of her, it could've been avoided..." He sighed. "I wasn't in the main hall when the power outage hit... were you? Did you notice anything unusual?"
(Sorry for taking so long... just had breakfast)

Beloved Lunatic

((dude, it's fine. It's 1:30 in the morning here, and I just had a peice of pizza. I'll be going to bed soon))

"I'm sure it's not your fault," Stella said, "You probably would've been ki-" Stella stopped herself. Could you kill someone who was already dead? "They probably would have hurt you too," Stella said, regaining her composure a bit. "I dont remember anything unusal. Except that gal in the snake mask running around hysterically."

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
"From what I gather, that's not... too unusual for her", Detective Taller smiled. "Still... did you see anyone leave the room just before the power outage?" He was running out of questions... but then he had an idea. "And, by the way ...did you see anyone with a weapon as part of their costume? Or with something that could be used as one?... I wish I could see the crime scene... that would make things easier..." That last part he said more to himself than to Stella.
(Wow... and I thought I didn't sleep much....)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff