124 lbs
                                  HEIGHT;
                                  5 ft 6 in
                                  WHAT ANIMAL ARE YOU CURSED WITH?;
                                  Year of the Dragon
                                  RESIDENCE;
                                  Sohma Estate
                                  OCCUPATION;
                                  Senior High School Student (Co-Ed School; Archery Club Captain)

backstory

PERSONALITY TRAITS;
                                    Clever
                                    Witty
                                    Sarcastic
                                    Calm
                                    Collected
                                    Caring
                                    Protective
                                    Kind
                                    Hard-Working
                                    Practical

BIOGRAPHY;
                                  Hikaru's life began as an unwelcome surprise. Her parents had already been struggling to raise their newborn son, who they knew not only would eventually lose his sight as he got older but was also cursed by the zodiac as the Rooster, and they had enough on their plate as it was. By the time that they found out that mommy dearest was pregnant again, it was already too late to abort. And so Hikaru came into the world as a totally unwanted accident, and matters only got worse when they realized that she, like her brother, too was cursed to be the zodiac's Dragon.

For a time, the family managed. Hikaru's presence made her parents life difficult, but hey, every parents has their own struggles with parenting right? Even with the curse thing for both their children and know that their son would loose his sight eventually, the still managed to raise their kids for those first few years. Their parents were constantly stressed, but happy. For a while, everything seemed to be ok, almost normal.

But things went down hill around the time that Hikaru turned three. Her older brother, Ren, was five at the time and the degeneration of his sight was really kicking in. He had always had poor peripheral vision that had gotten smaller and smaller over the years, but like a ball rolling down a hill the loss of his sight had begun to speed up as he got older and their parents began to struggle with the burden that was a blind-child-to-be. They had always known that Ren would lose his sight, but it was now becoming a realty. One that they could not bare. So when she was just four years old, their parents left them in the care of a relative, requested to have their memories erased, and went on their way.

While she was raised from by a relative of their mothers, the woman in question wasn't all that particularly interested in raising a couple of kids. She was a serious artist and most days couldn't find it in herself to step away from her easel. In those early years, she did so that she could cover the essentials of child-rearing, feeding them, taking care of them when they were sick, going to school meetings, that sort of thing. But as they kids got older and they started being able to do those things themselves, she became less and less involved in their lives. Hikaru and Ren essentially raised themselves, Hikaru basically taking care of the everyday running of the house among other things. And they lived this way until she was about thirteen and they moved into a space of their own, one provided by the Sohma Family of course. Like their parents, the relatives memory was erased short after their departure.

Life went on. She took care of the house and her brother, went school, etc. Like her brother, Hikaru insisted on joining co-ed school, where she attracted, and still attracts, a lot of attention due to her looks and her family. She paid it no mind, not even realizing her infamy, and worked her way up until she was the captain of the archery club. Now, in her final year of higschool she not only has to deal with her family's curse, but what to do with her life once she's graduated.

general

MENTAL HEALTH;
                                  It's not easier having an older brother whose blind. Despite his insistence, she often feels the pressure to have to take care of him. She might not show it well, but she's always constantly worrying about Ren.
                                  PHYSICAL HEALTH;
                                  She's in better shape than most her age. She's in excellent shape do to training with her older brother and being the captain of her school's archery club. She's also double-jointed, extremely flexible, to the point of being a contortionist.

extra

BONUS;
                                    She's a black belt in Judo, mostly because of her brother, but only really picked it up so she could practice with her brother and for self-defense.
                                    Despite her brother's instance of independence, even he's not crazy enough to handle a stove so all the cooking falls to Hikaru. She's actually quite an excellent cook.
                                    She's completely and utterly terrified of snakes.
                                    She doesn't at all tolerate any kind of bullshit aimed at her older brother, Ren.
                                    She barely remembers her parents at all.

PETS;
                                  N/A
                                  RELATIONSHIPS;
                                  name ;; the god relationship
                                  name ;; the dog relationship
                                  name ;; the ox relationship
                                  name ;; the rat relationship
                                  name ;; the rooster relationship
                                  name ;; the tiger relationship
                                  name ;; the snake relationship
                                  name ;; the rabbit relationship
                                  name ;; the monkey relationship
                                  name ;; the boar relationship
                                  name ;; the sheep relationship
                                  name ;; the horse relationship
                                  name ;; the cat relationship
                                  name ;; the outsider relationship

ZeroToHeroInNoTime

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
|| your words in my head, knives in my heart ||
▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀XX||XX▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀

Our world is no longer our own.

Mankind may still exist, but they're no longer running the show.

Many years ago, an alien race invaded the planet. Contrary to popular opinion on how it would happen, there was no mass destruction or lasers, no media proclaiming their impending doom. Rather it happened slowly. One by one, humans were implanted with the aliens, the creatures called Souls. The residing humans thoughts, personality, mind was moved to the back burner and the Soul gained control of the body to do with what they will. At first, the Souls carried on everyday as if nothing had changed and humanity went on, unaware that there fellows humans around them were being replaced.

By the time anybody realized what was going on, it was already too late. And humanity had become an endangered species.

Many years have passed since then. The Souls have successfully occupied almost every human on the planet. War no longer exists, neither does famine, disease, or other such disasters. The Souls live in an utopian society. Pockets of humanity still exist, resisting and fighting for there right to exist, but they're in hiding and growing ever smaller.

But things are about to change. Because like humans, not all Souls are the same. But whether that be a good thing or a bad thing is yet to be seen. Can the two races co-exist? Or are body and soul doomed forever to be at odds?

|| you build me up and i fall apart ||

1st soul-wandering soul; been to several planets, yet to settle one, curious about humans
2nd soul-saved a body whose human soul had died. kidnapped by rebel partner
3rd soul-seeker, scarred by having to kill a body, begins to wonder if their on the right side.
4th soul-partner was killed by rebels, hatred for humans, goes to exact revenge.

1st human-despises souls, hates them for forcing humans underground
2nd human-partner was captured by souls; believes that they can remove the soul and get their loved one back; kidnaps 2nd soul.
3rd human- wants to believe that humans and souls can coexist but can't find any hope.
4th human- rebel fighter, killed 4th souls partner.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXԍeneralXX

Yes, I'm writing the rules in paragraph form. I'll try to keep them short and sweet as not to bore you, so stay with me! First off, please obey Gaia's ToS. Yes, it's very obvious but I feel I gotta mention it anyway. You're average roleplay rules will also apply here. No god modding, no auto hitting, etc etc. Please keep this PG-13 rated. Swear to your hearts content, but please skip ahead if you're charecters are heading towards the bedroom (you know what I mean. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE). You should know all these by now! I, ZeroToHeroInNoTime (though you can just call me Zero), am Goddess of the this thread and therefore have the final say in everything. If I say no to something, please don't fight me on, just do what I say. Lucky for you, I'm not too picky and this shouldn't be a problem. Please feel free to come bother me questions and things like that. I love suggestions, so if you have an idea you would to incorporate, just send me a PM and we can chat about it!

XXXXXρostingX

If you didn't read in the first post, this is a literate rp. By lit, I mean about a 500 word minimum. And I do mean minimum, as in you're having an off day and that's all you can manage to put out. On average, I want to see about 700 words on average, though I will always, always welcome more. I know some people say they don't want to read a novel; baby, I want to read a novel. If you're not sure your hitting it, you can always plug your post into a word counter and check. As you can see, I'm not the best coder in the world, but I do ask that you attempt to make your posts pretty. I require that you, at the bare minimum, provide the charecters name and photo in every post but feel free to pretty them up as much as you want. Please bold what the charecters are saying and italicize what they are think when you post as well. Keep ooc chatter to the OOC thread.

XXXXXąpplyingXX

Yes! The part I know the lot of you have all probably skipped down to. Don't lie, I know you moved past the boring stuff to this. No matter, just be sure you read the rest of the stuff as well. To begin, please head towards the App link at the top. In there, you will find the coding for reserves. Please fill them out and post it in the thread. When I have accepted your reserve (I'll quote you in thread if you got the spot), you may begin working on your profile. If you derped around in the App thread, you'll have noticed that there are other codes in there and I bet you can guess what they're for. Begin a thread, titled whatever you like, and use each of the links for posts in that thread. This will be you're profile. When you are done, please post a link to the thread for me. When I have accepted that, you'll be all done and you can start roleplaying in the thread! You have three days after I accept the reserve to finish your profile. If I do not see your profile on time and you have no excuse for me, I will open the spot up for another person. You can still get your spot back, but only if it is not already reserved. As far as pictures go, please use real life people for your pics (I reserve the right to ask you to change your model). I will allow people to take two characters tops, as this is a smaller thread, but if you do so please take one of each gender. No doubling up on a gender, spread the love around people. Sharing is caring.

XXXXXσtherXX

Stay with me now, we're not done yet! If I have any rules that I have forgotten, I will edit this post and put the new rules in this section and inform all of you in the ooc as well. Please chat and plot with the other rpers to determine relationships between other charecters. Stay away from love at first sight and all that jazz. Relationships take time to grow and I want them to build during the course of the rp. I'm not a grammer nazi, but please try to spell things correctly(spell check is a wonderful tool) and use proper grammer. Please try to post three times a week. I know I have a ridiculously busy schedule, so I understand if you have trouble getting on sometimes. If for some reason you can not post three times a week, please send me a pm letting me know the situation. Otherwise, I will open your role to somebody else. I will also open the role to somebody else if they don't meet the literacy requirements often enough. Most importantly, please have fun and enjoy yourself!

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

ԍoddess σf τhe τhread// ZeroToHeroInNoTime
            ιnspiration// The Host (both the book and the movie)
            iteracy// Literate (500 word minimum)

User Image User Image User Image

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
▐▐ ►» ALIAS IN ALL CAPS(soulless, seeker, rebel, etc) → FULL NAME IN CAPS
    User Image
XXXXX AGE || GENDER || SEXUALITY
▐|| GOOD TRAIT X▐|| BAD TRAIT X▐|| GOOD TRAIT X ▐|| BAD TRAIT
      blurb

[size=20][color=dimgray][b]♕[/b][/color] [color=midnightblue]█[/color]▐▐ ►» ALIAS IN ALL CAPS (soulless, seeker, rebel, etc) →[/size] [size=15]FULL NAME IN CAPS[/size][list][img]please place you're charecter picture here. I want it to be 350 x 150 with a drop shadow. If you don't know where to do these edits, try picmonkey.com. If youre not comfortable doing them, just send me the cropped photo and i'll do them for you.[/img][/list][size=13][color=white]XXXXX[/color] AGE [color=midnightblue]||[/color] GENDER [color=midnightblue]||[/color] SEXUALITY
[color=midnightblue]▐||[/color] GOOD TRAIT [color=white]X[/color][color=lightsteelblue]▐||[/color] BAD TRAIT [color=white]X[/color][color=midnightblue]▐||[/color] GOOD TRAIT [color=white]X[/color] [color=lightsteelblue]▐||[/color] BAD TRAIT[/size][list][list][size=11] short blurb about their history. I've provided you a general idea about your character, but expand on it, make it your own, fill in the details.[/size][/list][/list]

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXthe şoul X

▐▐ ►» the WANDERER FULL NAME
              User Image
                This Soul has a reputation of wandering. Most Souls visit one or two planets before settling, but not this one. Several hosts and several planets under their belt and they show no sign of staying on one anytime soon. But humans aren't like other hosts; they're emotions are too intense, their sense too vivid. And they're not going quietly like the other hosts. Bound by endless curiousity, the Wanderer wants to find out about humans for themselves. But the humans just might not appreciate their curiosity.

▐▐ ►» the SOULLESS FULL NAME
              User Image
                The Soulless was told that before they were implanted, the human was dead. The body was alive, but the humans mind was gone, the body perishing without a soul inside. The Soulless saved the body. But just because the body's mind is gone, doesn't mean that others have forgotten it. And as the Soulless is about to find out, some people will go to great lengths to get their humans back.

▐▐ ►» the SEEKER FULL NAME
              User Image
                The Seeker has always done their job. While the rest of the soul society finds their job distasteful, too violent, the Seeker knows that without them there would have been no society, no hosts to inhabit. But when a capture goes wrong and human ends up dead by their hands, they begin to wonder if they've been on the right side all along. Or even if there was a right side to begin with.

▐▐ ►» the LOST FULL NAME
              User Image
                The Lost was happy once. They lived peacefully among the soul society, going about their loves, happily in love with their soul partner. They knew about rebel humans, but it had nothing to do with them. But when their partner ends up dead at the hands of a rebel, they find themselves with unfamiliar feelings. Anger. Hatred. Despair. They hate the humans for doing this to them and want them to pay. But revenge may not be as easy as they thought when they find out that not all humans are the same.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXthe нumans X

▐▐ ►» the REBEL FULL NAME
              User Image
                The Rebel remembers a time before the souls. They were happy, life was good. But the Souls took that all away. Just because they don't want a bug in their head, they've had to give up their peaceful life. To keep their thoughts their own, they've had to run, and keep running. Its only recently that they could stop and have a home, establishing themselves as the leader of a pack of rebel humans. And it's all the Souls' fault. Whether or not they can ever forgive the Souls for what they have done remains to be seen

▐▐ ►» the SEARCHING FULL NAME
              User Image
                The Searching has lost the person most important to them. They were on the run with the Soulless when they were separated, their partner taken. The Searching knows what happens to humans that get captured, but they refuse to believe that the mind just fades away so easily. If they can remove the Soul residing in the body, then the mind should return, right? And the Searching would give anything to have their partner back. But maybe some things really are lost.

▐▐ ►» the SCHOLAR FULL NAME
              User Image
                The Scholar is unusually interested in the Souls. Maybe they don't want one in their own head, but after seeing the utopian society that they've created the Scholar begins to think that maybe they are not as bad as everybody thinks. If the Souls can exist so peacefully with each other, perhaps one day Souls and Humans coexist with one another? With that in mind, they search for whatever information on the Souls they can get their hands on. Is hope for peace really too much to ask for?

▐▐ ►» the FIGHTER FULL NAME
              User Image
                The Fighter has blood on their hands. It's not an easy life they live, constantly looking over their shoulder. While they don't want to kill, they do have to survive and if killing a Soul means they get to live another day not possessed, then they'll do what's necessary. It's not like the Souls are human anyway. But their way of life is about to be challenged when the Lost comes looking for answers. And the Fighter has to ask themselves if just because their not human, does that mean that they have no humanity?

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
▐▐ ►» the SOULLESS SUMMER SONG
    User Image
XXXXX TWENTY TWO || FEMALE || HETEROSEXUAL
▐|| CALM X▐|| STUBBORN X▐|| CARING X ▐|| RECKLESS
      Unlike most Soul's, Summer can't access her hosts memories. It's probably due to the fact that they're dead. The host was severally injured when they were captured and although the Healers were able to fix the body, the mind inside was long gone. Which suited Summer just fine. There might be no memories to go off of, but at least you didn't have to struggle with the hosts mind, as she was told some did with the hosts that were captured later. She had not been looking forward to that. All she wanted was to live peacefully, as she always has. But peace is just not an option when someone from her host's past comes looking for her.

▐▐ ►» the LOST KNITS FIRE
    User Image
XXXXX TWENTY THREE || MALE || HETEROSEXUAL
▐|| OBSERVANT X▐|| HEARTBROKEN X▐|| RELIABLE X ▐|| HESITANT
      Knits Fire's life used to be simple; he was just Healer with simple, peaceful life, in love with his wife and partner, Faces Sunward. He was happy then. Until a rebel killed his wife when a raid went wrong. The feelings that came along with the loss were more intense and compelling that what he had ever experienced. For the first time in his many lives, Knits knew pain and anger and crushing despair. And the strange desire for something the humans called revenge. This, this was the humans fault. Violent, brutal creatures. And he wanted them to pay, wanted that rebel to pay, for what they had done and the pain that they had caused.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
User Image
User Image
This is ԍσşρєℓ for the ƒąℓℓєη σηєş
ℓσςкє∂ away in ρєямąηєητ slumber
ąşşємbℓιηԍ τɦєιя ρɦιℓσşσρɦιєş
From ριєςєş of вяσкєη мємσяιєş

User Image
                                                              ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The forge was always hot, but it was especially so in May in the middle of the Arizona. Despite her light attire, Summer was still too arm. She wiped a bead of sweat that was threatening to run into her eye with her elbow as she gently twirled the blowpipe that held her creation in the furnace. The fire was so hot that it was white and waves of heat were emitting from the open door, making the already hot summer day even more unbearable. If she didn't like glass work so much, she'd be miserable. As it was, she tolerated the heat and liked instead to focus on the work in front of her. Besides, the heat was a little more bearable when she was dressed more lightly. She wasn't naked; she had enough people drop by unannounced when she was working to know that it was a bad idea. Besides, she did need some protection from the hot metal and glass. So, as much as she would have liked to remove her sweat soaked clothing, she continued to wear the shorts, scoop necked tank top, thick welders gloves and steal toe boots.

Positive that the piece was thoroughly heated on all sides, she removed it from the fire, walked gratefully over to the bench. With one handing holding the blowpipe resting on the bench so that the glass hung over the edge, she switched between her jack, straight sheer, and tweezer to shape the piece, pull some areas, snipping cuts in others. A Soul that she knew had just found out that she was pregnant and Summer had wanted to make her a gift to celebrate. The Soul, Races the Wind, had found her Calling in raising and taking care of horses so Summer was making a small glass horse statue, rearing with it's main and tail blowing in the wind. She smiled as she worked, imagining the reaction Races the Wind would have when she received the gift.

A few hours later, after many trips back and forth to the glory hole to keep the glass hot, she was finally finished. She surveyed her work with satisfaction. It was still too early to see the detail clearly, she would have to wait till it was cool for that, but she knew that the figurine was delicately shaped and as realistic as could make it. She was happy with it. Carefully, she placed the glass creation in the annealler, and set it to cool it down slowly over the next few days. Finished for the day (she couldn't take much more of the heat and she was starting to feel gross), she pulled off her gloves and headed into her house to clean up.

The cool water of the shower was a blessing after the blistering heat and she sighed with pleasure as it cooled her fevered skin and washed the sweat and grime off her skin and hair. She quirked her head as she heard her beagle, Star, baying. She ignored it at first; Star tended to find it necessary to bark at anything that moved in front of her nose in the yard. But as she continued her shower and still heard her going, she realized that Star wasn't in the yard; she was inside. Which meant that she was probably barking at a guest.

Her guests knew to just let themselves inside (her doors were never locked; it was unnecessary because Souls didn't steal) she stuck her head out the shower and called out over the roar of the water. "Sorry, I'm in the shower! I'll be out in a few minutes." She ducked back in and rinsed the rest of the soap off before shutting off the water. She dried herself off and slipped into some plain underwear, a bra, and her favorite silk kimono robe, a light blue creation patterned with cherry blossoms. A quick towel through her hair dried the light blond locks to damp and she deemed herself suitable for company.

She was weaving her hair into a braid as she stepped into the living room. "Sorry, I had just finished working..." she was saying but paused as she realized that nobody was there. Star was curled up on the couch, staring out the window. Summer glanced around the room but there was no one there. "I must have heard wrong." she murmured to herself. The Soul strode over to Star and dropped a kiss on her head. "What were you barking at early, you silly creature? Another spider run past?" she cooed, rubbing the beagles ears. Star huffed, as if she understand, and looked very put upon but tilted her head into Summers hand for more affection. She smiled indulgently as she complied.

Something must have made a noise because Star jumped up suddenly and ran off to investigate. With the gentle shake of her head she turned around to follow the dog. But she stopped when she saw a man she didn't know and hadn't heard move.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ X X X

ηєvєя-∂σ-ωєℓℓş and ιηşuƒƒєяąвℓє вąşτąя∂ş
                                                        ςσηƒєşşιηԍ their ąρσşτąşιєş

User Image

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
    • Partygoer 500
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Forum Regular 100
    User Image

To ℓσvє and кιşş, to şωєєτℓү hold
    For the ∂ąηςιηԍ and the ∂яєąмιηԍ
    Though all ℓιfє'ş şσяяσωş and ∂єℓιԍɦτş
    I'll кєєρ your ℓąuԍɦ inside мє.

User Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Five months. It had been five months since his beloved Faces Sunward had killed by the human. You would think that's Kit would stop counting after awhile, but each day was just another painful reminder that her time, her life, had been cut short by the brutal creatures on this planet. And each day he had to go on without her. He couldn't stand the thought that one that had murdered his wife could just run free, no consequences.

If the girl was caught, she would become a host for another soul. That might have been somewhat satisfying, forcing her to do exactly what she had been fighting against. He would have wanted to perform the insertion himself. But the last few wild humans, from his understanding, were proving hard to find let alone catch. The girl had been spotted a few times since then no Seeker had caught her yet. It was both frustrating and satisfying. She was getting away and at the same time he had the chance to catch her himself.

Kit had been tracking her for several months now. Since Sunny had been a Seeker, he was well acquainted with a quite a few Souls in the profession and they occasionally gave him information. It wasn't great, but it was a start. The last he had heard, a few houses had been raided by a wild human few days ago. It was the risk the one took, living farther away from the more urban communities; they were at a higher risk for human to think it was ok to come in and help themselves to supplies. Then again, most Souls didn't think much of it; they had access to as much food and water as the needed.

The lead wasn't much to go on, he wasn't even sure if the girl was responsible or not, but with not much else going on he decided to check it out. The houses in this area were few and far between and it took him a good amount of time to visit each one and check the area around the house. The information that he got from those wasn't much to go on either. The Souls living there hadn't seen the human but they noticed that a good amount of their supplies had gone missing and had decided it was best to inform the Seekers of what had happened.

He wasn't feeling very hopeful about this venture till he spotted a car. It was parked beneath a dead sycamore tree, way out in the middle of nowhere, nothing else in sight for miles. In the desert, this was a good place to stash your ride for short while. You would have to walk a day, a day and half, by his guess to reach the closest house, but it would guarantee that the Souls wouldn't hear or see you coming right? Perhaps it belonged to the girl?

With anticipation curling in his belly, he got back in his own vehicle and drove the closest house that he knew of, a Soul that he himself had inserted. The last he knew of, she was living around this area; she was an Artist and his guess was that the wild desert appealed to her more than the tame city.

But as he was going down the road, approaching Summer Songs house, he noticed a figure slipping around the side towards the back of the house. That was a strange enough thing, it wasn't as if Summer ever locked her doors to warrant going through the back, but there was also no other car in sight other than Summer's own vehicle. A human? It was quite possible it was Soul just visiting and he couldn't make out enough details this far away, but the whole situation just seemed odd.

Suspicious, he slipped his cell phone out of his pocket and called the first Seeker he thought of. He waited patiently while it rang a few times before the other person picked up on the other end. "Hello, The Fading Night Sky? This is Knits Fire. I'm at a house on the outskirts right now. I can't make out any details, but it looks as though a wild human is currently raiding it." He listened to the reply, rattled off the address, and ended the call. Despite his history, he was no Seeker and he was not equipped to handle dealing with humans on his own. He'd wait for Night, observe and see if he could get anymore info for the Seeker. So he reclined in his car seat and settled himself in for a bit of a wait.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ X X X

ησ scorching suη or freezing ςσℓ∂ will şτσρ me on my Jσuяηєү
                                                    If you will ρяσмιşє me your ɦєąяτ and ℓσvє me for єτєяηιτү.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
    • Partygoer 500
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Forum Regular 100
    User Image
    || i'll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue ||

To The Sea, To The Sea

Beneath the waves, hides a secret that most land folk are unaware of. The sailors may speak of the beautiful creatures that dwell beneath the waters, the sirens and mermaids and tritons, but they have no idea. Little do they know that those merpeople are real, that live and exist in a kingdom of their own beneath the sea. Little do they know that, should they wish, they could leave their watery homes and dwell among us.

But little do some realize that some things are better off under the sea

The Wind Is Blowing And The White Gulls Are Crying

Unbeknownst to the merfolk, the human kingdom is in turbulence. A secret power struggle is in the works, one to decide the heir to the kingdom, and loyalties are beginning to be divided. Hidden agendas are put into play, plots are in the works. In this court, everything from your reputation to your life is on the line.

The merfolk don't realize that they are about to be tied up in the political struggle. And in order to survive, they're going to have to know how to play the game.

|| look out lad, a mermaid be waiting for you. ||

1st merperson- concubine;; with no place to turn to once they reach land, they have no choice but to pretend to be the heir concubine.
    2nd merperson- knight in training;; was denied being a warrior under the sea, turns towards land. but fights to hide their real identity when it turns out the person that saw them as the child is the b*****d.
    3rd merperson- black smith apprentice;; falls in love after seeing the blacksmith and pursues them to land. but has to fight for their attention when they realize the blacksmith is in love with the concubine?
    4th merperson- servant;; a recent addition to the palace, they become the suspect for the last assassination attempt on the heir. in order to clear their name, they work to find the assassin.

1st human- heir;; life has already been threatened once, they take a fake concubine as a distraction in order to ferret out the assassin.
    2nd human-b*****d;; saw merperson as a child and was thought of as crazy, wants the throne for themselves now and hires the assassin
    3rd human- blacksmith;; best friend the heir and the b*****d, doubts their loyalties when they fall for the concubine
    4th human- assassin;; hired by the b*****d. already failed once, in order to shift the blame off of themselves, they frame the servant.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
    • Partygoer 500
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Forum Regular 100
    User Image

XXXXXthe şeafolk X

▐▐ ►» the CONCUBINE FULL NAME
                User Image
                  Out of curiosity, the Concubine decided to see what the human world is like. But it turns out that is nothing like what they expected; life on the surface is a lot harder than the ocean, especially considering they were royalty. They're running out of options of what to do when they meet the Heir. With no other choice available, they strike a deal with the Heir; in exchange for place to stay and such, they must pretend to be the Heir's new Concubine. It sounds like a pretty good deal, except the palace is hardly a safe place to stay.

▐▐ ►» the SQUIRE FULL NAME
                User Image
                  The Squire is from an aristocratic family and has had their life laid out for them from the moment they were born. Marry another aristocratic, crank out some heirs and take care of the family. But the Squire believes that there is no higher calling than serving the country and protecting others. When their family won't allow their only heir to join the military, the Squire takes things into their own hands and leaves for the land. If they can't serve the merpeople kingdom, then they'll be a knight on land. All should be fine. Except that the b*****d has taken an interest in them. And their origins.

▐▐ ►» the APPRENTICE FULL NAME
                User Image
                  It was love a first sight for the Apprentice. They just happened to see the Blacksmith one day and that was it, their heart was stolen. They wanted any way their could to reach them, to try to get closer, to get their attention, so they became the Blacksmith's apprentice. Never mind that, as one of the merfolk, it's dangerous for them to be so close to the fire and heat all the time; it's worth it just to be near their love. But what are they supposed to do when they find out the Blacksmith's heart already belongs to another? And that their love, and that knowledge, is about to get them mixed up in a whole mess of trouble.

▐▐ ►» the SERVANT FULL NAME
                User Image
                  For reasons they would really rather not let others know, the Servant has left their ocean home and decided to start life anew on the surface. Everything seems to be going fine, having gotten themselves a job in the palace, until somebody attempts to assassinate the Heir. The palace is in uproar; someone among the staff has to be the culprit. And all eyes, for some reason, seem to want to focus on the Servant. They know that they aren't the assassin and but it doesn't seem to matter what they want to say because everybody already seems to have decide otherwise. So, in order to clear their own name, they have to find the real culprit. Little do they know, the Assassin is closer than they think.

▐▐ ►» the THIEF FULL NAME
                User Image
              XXXXX AGE || GENDER || USERNAME
                  The Thief's life has been tough for quite some time. Not everything is rosy and perfect in the sea kingdom. Circumstance forced them to steal from others in order to survive and, for awhile, that worked out fine. But even a great thief can only evade the law for so long. With the authorities closing in, the Thief has no choice to escape to a place where law enforcement is unlikely to follow them: the surface. But the surface is hardly the safe haven they hoped it might be. They once saved the Pirate's life. Which is all fine and dandy, except the Pirate is looking to catch themselves a mermaid. And the Thief might be the perfect target.

User Image
                  Unlike the others, the Scholar is not trying to escape or get away from life under the sea. For them, the choice to come ashore is simple; knowledge. The Scholar has insatiable curiosity and has devoted their life to the pursuit of knowledge. And they were convinced that they couldn't expand their knowledge by staying underwater. However its that same knowledge that's got them in trouble. People seem to think they know everything, like who the Assassin is. The Scholar doesn't know, but the pressure is on them all the same to find out. Little do they know, the Assassin is actually one of their friends. The 'friend' that they have unknowingly been feeding information.

▐▐ ►» the WITCH FULL NAME
                User Image
                  Even among inherently magical creatures like the merfolk, the Witch is considered sort of an outcast. It probably has to do with the fact magic is not easily manipulated, never predictable, and always comes with a price; something the merfolk know well. The Witch has had a gift from a young age and has used their gift to rise to power, making deals to the desperate. But the problem under the sea is that the line for the throne is secure and set. But with the chaos created by the fight for the throne, the Witch sees an opportunity. Provided that they can play their cards right, perhaps they can be the one to rule. Just so long as their origins remain a secret.

|| look out lad, a mermaid be waiting for you ||

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
    • Partygoer 500
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Forum Regular 100
    User Image

XXXXXthe ɦumans X

▐▐ ►» the HEIR FULL NAME
                User Image
                  The current heir to the throne, not everybody is happy that they are to inherit everything, especially since they are the second child. In fact, an attempt on their life has already been made. In order to survive and keep their position, they need to out the assassin. So when they see the Concubine, they get an idea; they take them as their pretend lover. With the court distracted by their concubine, they can focus on outing the culprit. What they don't realize, however, is their concubine is more than they seem.

▐▐ ►» the b*****d FULL NAME
                User Image
                  Even though they are not the legitimate child of the king and queen, they were the first born and set to inherit everything. That is, until they started claiming that they saw a mermaid a child and everybody thought them crazy. The title of heir shifted to their younger sibling and a grudge has since been held. The b*****d wants their throne back and they'll do anything to get it. Like hiring an assassin to take care of the person in their way. But priorities might be shifting when they notice that the new squire looks an awful lot like the creature they saw as a child.

▐▐ ►» the BLACKSMITH FULL NAME
                User Image
                  Despite the differences in status, the Blacksmith is the childhood friend of both the Heir and the b*****d. And, to be honest, they could care less about the politics involved; both siblings matter to the Blacksmith and they wish only peace and happiness for both of them. But their loyalties might be tested and divided when the Blacksmith falls for the Heir's new lover, the Concubine. And things only get more complicated when they notice that some of the palace folk aren't all that they seem. Particularly their new Apprentice.

▐▐ ►» the ASSASSIN FULL NAME
                User Image
                  Hired by the b*****d, the Assassin has already infiltrated the palace's staff in order to do their job; to murder the Heir. But, to be honest, it's not going so well. The first attempt has already failed so everybody is on high alert now in attempts to catch the would be murderer. What's more, now there is this Concubine that the Heir annoyingly keeps close by. There's a high chance that to complete the job, they'll have to get rid of the Concubine first. And still avoid the attention of the rest of the Court, all whom like to pry just a little too much. This job has just gotten a lot harder. Most assassin's call it a failure if you don't get your target the first time, but the Assassin is determined. It's not over till the job is done.

User Image
                  The Scholar could care less about the intrigues of court. They've dedicated their life to the pursuit of knowledge. Some people might believe in magic and witches, but the Scholar doesn't believe in anything they can't prove. However, at the moment, believing can be hard. Because they have proof that mermaids not only exist, but are living among the members of court. The problem is that they don't know what to do with said knowledge. MIGHT CONTINUE THIS MAYBE NOT

▐▐ ►» the NOBLE FULL NAME
                User Image
                  The Noble is from a foreign kingdom. They are the youngest child in a long line of sibling, all the children of the King and Queen of their country. Since their eldest sibling is already married with children, they are destined to a life simple noble. A noble with royal blood, but a noble all the same. And this is unacceptable. So they have an idea; they head to another kingdom. The Heir is unwed and in line for the throne. All the Noble has to do is seduce to Heir. If they play their cards right, they could finally have a crown of their own.

▐▐ ►» the PIRATE FULL NAME
                User Image
              XXXXX AGE|| GENDER || SEXUALITY
                  A freak storm has the Pirate grounded at port until their ship is repaired. Normally they would hate to be stuck on land, but they're not about to waste opportunities. Somebody has made an attempt on the current Heir's life and everybody is looking for the culprit, the Assassin. The Pirate knows that if they find the Assassin, they can potentially make quite a bit of cash. Beyond that though, it's a well known fact that the b*****d is obsessed with mermaids. As a person whose spent a great deal of time out at sea, they understand, and know that the b*****d isn't as crazy as they say. They also understand that there is gold to be made, if they can manage to catch a mermaid.

|| look out lad, a mermaid be waiting for you ||

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
    • Partygoer 500
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Forum Regular 100
    ▐▐ ►» ALIAS IN ALL CAPS(heir, concubine, etc) → FULL NAME IN CAPS
      User Image
        blurb

[size=20][color=darkkhaki][b]♕[/b][/color] [color=lightseagreen]█[/color]▐▐ ►» ALIAS IN ALL CAPS (heir, concubine, etc) →[/size] [size=15]FULL NAME IN CAPS[/size][list][img]please place you're charecter picture here. I want it to be 350 x 150 with a drop shadow. If you don't know where to do these edits, try picmonkey.com. If youre not comfortable doing them, just send me the cropped photo and i'll do them for you.[/img][/list][size=13][color=white]XXXXX[/color] AGE [color=lightseagreen]||[/color] GENDER [color=lightseagreen]||[/color] SEXUALITY
    [color=lightseagreen]▐||[/color] GOOD TRAIT [color=white]X[/color][color=cadetblue]▐||[/color] BAD TRAIT [color=white]X[/color][color=lightseagreen]▐||[/color] GOOD TRAIT [color=white]X[/color] [color=cadetblue]▐||[/color] BAD TRAIT[/size][list][list][size=11] short blurb about their history. I've provided you a general idea about your character, but expand on it, make it your own, fill in the details.[/size][/list][/list]
    [

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
    • Partygoer 500
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Forum Regular 100
    User Image

XXXXXԍeneralXX

Yes, I'm writing the rules in paragraph form. I'll try to keep them short and sweet (I will probably fail) as not to bore you, so stay with me! First off, please obey Gaia's ToS. Yes, it's very obvious but I feel I gotta mention it anyway. You're average roleplay rules will also apply here. No god modding, no auto hitting, etc etc. Please keep this PG-13 rated. Swear to your hearts content, but please skip ahead if you're charecters are heading towards the bedroom (you know what I mean. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE). You should know all these by now! I, ZeroToHeroInNoTime (though you can just call me Zero), am Goddess of the this thread and therefore have the final say in everything. If I say no to something, please don't fight me on, just do what I say. Lucky for you, I'm not too picky and this shouldn't be a problem. Please feel free to come bother me questions and things like that. I love suggestions, so if you have an idea you would to incorporate, just send me a PM and we can chat about it!

XXXXXρostingX

If you didn't read in the first post, this is a literate rp. By lit, I mean about a 500 word minimum. And I do mean minimum, as in you're having an off day and that's all you can manage to put out. On average, I want to see about 700-1000 words on average, though I will always, always welcome more. I know some people say they don't want to read a novel; baby, I want to read a novel. If you're not sure your hitting it, you can always plug your post into a word counter and check. As you can see, I'm not the best coder in the world, but I do ask that you attempt to make your posts pretty. I require that you, at the bare minimum, provide the charecters name and photo in every post but feel free to pretty them up as much as you want. Please bold what the charecters are saying and italicize what they are think when you post as well. Keep ooc chatter to the OOC thread.

XXXXXąpplyingXX

Yes! The part I know the lot of you have all probably skipped down to. Don't lie, I know you moved past the boring stuff to this. No matter, just be sure you read the rest of the stuff as well. To begin, please head towards the App link at the top. In there, you will find the coding for reserves. Please fill them out and post it in the thread. When I have accepted your reserve (I'll quote you in thread if you got the spot), you may begin working on your profile. If you derped around in the App thread, you'll have noticed that there are other codes in there and I bet you can guess what they're for. Begin a thread, titled whatever you like, and use each of the links for posts in that thread. This will be you're profile. When you are done, please post a link to the app thread for me. When I have accepted that, you'll be all done and you can start roleplaying in the thread! You have three days after I accept the reserve to finish your profile. If I do not see your profile on time and you have no excuse for me, I will open the spot up for another person. You can still get your spot back, but only if it is not already reserved. As far as pictures go, please use real life people for your pics (I reserve the right to ask you to change your model). I will allow people to take two characters tops, as this is a smaller thread, but if you do so please take one of each gender. I will allow double of the same gender (two boys or two girls) for some people, if you give me a good reason. Otherwise, sharing is caring.

XXXXXσtherXX

Stay with me now, we're not done yet! If I have any rules that I have forgotten, I will edit this post and put the new rules in this section and inform all of you in the ooc as well. Please chat and plot with the other rpers to determine relationships between other charecters. Stay away from love at first sight and all that jazz. Relationships take time to grow and I want them to build during the course of the rp. I'm not a grammer nazi, but please try to spell things correctly(spell check is a wonderful tool) and use proper grammer. Please try to post three times a week. I know I have a ridiculously busy schedule, so I understand if you have trouble getting on sometimes. If for some reason you can not post three times a week, please send me a pm letting me know the situation. Otherwise, I will open your role to somebody else. I will also open the role to somebody else if they don't meet the literacy requirements often enough. Most importantly, please have fun and enjoy yourself!

|| look out lad, a mermaid be waiting for you. ||

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas