• Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100

User Image
xxxxx pierce jacqueline hood

xxxxx ❀┋ ▌twenty two
xxxxx ❀┋ ▌heterosexual
xxxxx ❀┋ ▌confident, sarcastic, reckless
xxxxx ❀┋ ▌robin hood and maid marian
xxxxx ❀┋ ▌its funny how much fairytales screw up. robin hood and maid marian are cute as a story, but
xxxxx❀┋ ▌the stories never bother to mention that marian left after finding out robins true love was, er,
xxxxx❀┋ ▌her leaving the raising of her two children to their father and little john. while it wasn't perfect,
xxxxx❀┋ ▌that in itself was its own kind of happy ending. for a time, anyway. once her older
xxxxx❀┋ ▌brother mysteriously died, it all went down hill from there. robin and john never quite recovered
xxxxx❀┋ ▌from the loss and their family was not quite the same. jack knows there's no bringing him
xxxxx❀┋ ▌back, but maybe this grand author will be able to tell her who or what it was that killed her brother

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxZeroToHeroInNoTime

User Image
xxxxx nathaniel henry lyeson

xxxxx ❀┋ ▌twenty four
xxxxx ❀┋ ▌heterosexual
xxxxx ❀┋ ▌unsociable, demanding, discourteous
xxxxx ❀┋ ▌the evil witch; father unknown
xxxxx ❀┋ ▌happy endings are bullshit as far as nate is concerned. he himself is the product of an
xxxxx❀┋ ▌unhappy ending so he would know best of all. with his mother generally hated and his father's
xxxxx❀┋ ▌identity having disappeared along with the rest of him, its safe to say that he grew up generally
xxxxx❀┋ ▌alone. it doesn't bother him as it once did, he's actually grown to dislike most people (they're
xxxxx❀┋ ▌annoying and ridiculous), but it does leave the knowing questions; where the hell did
xxxxx❀┋ ▌his father go and what did his mother ever do to not deserve her happily ever after?
xxxxx❀┋ ▌maybe seeking out this grand author will gain him some answers.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxZeroToHeroInNoTime

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

They say ωє are ωɦąτ we ąяє,
вuτ we don't ɦąvє to be,
I'm вą∂ вєɦąvισя but I do it in the вєşτ way,
I try to picture мє without үσu but I ςąη'τ

User Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Alexei hated traveling by floo powder. Sure, it was convenient , but she disliked the sensation. She'd take a broom or even a portkey any day of the week. Unfortunately, Hogwarts wasn't about to set up a portkey for a single student and she wouldn't be able to make the journey from Russia to England on broom by herself. So she would just have to deal with it.

She turned to her mother who was waiting with a stony face. One might think she looked cold but Alexei knew better; she knew the woman was trying very hard not be too sad as her only daughter left for another year. "Do svidanija, mama" she muttered in Russian, leaning down to kiss her on the cheek.

The woman sighed and gave her an unwilling sad smile. "Udači." she murmered in the girls ear before straightening and firmly stomped off to the kitchen, muttering something about needing something to clean. Which left her brothers, two of which were home. Issak, the eldest was at work and couldn't make it, but the twins, Alexsandr (Sasha) and Sebastian (Bash) were there. Sasha was on vacation and Bash between quidditch practices. "Come here, little sister!" Bash said, wrapping her in a tight hug. It was clearly supposed to be a distraction as Sasha descended moments later to muss her hair, giving a her good noogie as her face was planted in Bash's chest.

"Leggo of me!" she gave a muffled cry, trying to disengage, but there was reason Bash was one of Russia's beaters; the large man was practically a giant bludger himself and he wasn't so easy to push around.

They finally released her a few minutes later, when they decided that they had tortured her enough. She narrowed her eyes at them and straightened herself, though it take much. She had anticipated something like this and thus had made her hair pixie short. "Good luck at school. Don't kill anybody. And say hi to Chance and Julius for us!" they said, holding out the floo powder for her.

She nodded and gave them a warm smile before stepping into the fireplace, a handful of floo powder grasped in her hand. "King's Crossing, Platform 9 3/4!" she called out as clearly as she could manage with her slight Russian accent before she tossed the powder firmly at her feet and braced herself. The sensation occurred immediately, the feeling of the world dropping beneath her feet while emerald flames shot up around her head. She tensed in the few moments it took for her to disappear from her family home and reappear in the fireplace in England set aside for abroad students like herself.

She stepped out of the fireplace with her belongings immediately, brushing off any fireplace ash and leftover floo powder that might be clinging to her person. While not exactly short, she still had to strain her neck to see above the crowd, to the point where she seriously considered making herself taller to do so. It ended up being unnecessary as she quickly decided that it was pointless to try to search through the chaos of family members and students moving about to get their things aboard the train and saying good bye to their loved ones. It almost made her glad that her family didn't see her off here, choosing instead to say their goodbyes from the house.

She got her luggage aboard the train, giving the guy a warning eye as he placed her beloved owl, Peyta, a little too careless aboard and prideful owl squawked in protest. With things set, she slipped inside the train.

Alexei didn't have a particular car in mind; she either was waiting to find one with a familiar face of her friends or an empty one. As she was checking each compartment, she didn't notice a group of young Slytherins, giving her the once over. She did, however notice when they gave her backside a squeeze as she passed them by. She went from cheerful to downright pissed in a matter of seconds, her short locks going cherry red in rage, and she turned on them without thinking and slammed her fist into the face of the offender. He howled as the punch landed squarely and broke his nose. She supposed she could have just hexed him, but this was much, much more satisfying. She turned away from them, muttering fowl insults in Russian under her breath as she shook out her sore hand.

Luckily, she spotted one of the familiar faces she was looking for. Anger instantly forgotten, she brightened upon seeing her friend. "Chance!" she called out, flinging her arms and engulfing the boy in a hug. As she pulled back, she gave her head a slight shake, red fading to her usual pale blonde and the length growing to rest somewhere below her chest "I missed you! What's up? I think that next compartments empty, let's grab it."

[******** b***h" the Slytherin boy was muttering as he approached them both, clutching his broken and bleeding nose and looking murderously angry.

She whirled on him, her ice blue eyes narrowing into a glare. "Oh, I'm sorry, where are my manners? I forgot to hex you before I left. My bad, here let me do so now." She made the motion of going for her wand and the boys eyes widened as he and his friends scattered in the opposite direction. She huffed, blowing a lock of hair out of the way. "Cowards."

She opened the closes compartment and, sure enough, it was empty of other students. She entered and decided upon the seat closest to the window. She grinned at her friends as she sank into the seat "So, I assume your trip in wasn't nearly as interesting as mine?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ X X X

Sometimes the σηℓү pay off for having any ƒąιτɦ,
                                                  Is when it's τєşτє∂ ąԍąιη and ąԍąιη everyday

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

There's a ƒєєℓιηԍ ∂єєρ ιηşι∂є,
үσu can let it be your ԍuι∂є to find your way,
And there's ησ τιмє for us to ωąşτє,
Got to take a leap of ƒąιτɦ and ƒℓү ąωąү

User Image

Julius's father always insisted on sending his son off and had done so every year for seven year. Julius sometimes thought that his dad was more excited for him to go to school than he was. He couldn't blame him; upon finding out he was magical when he was eleven he had been excited to go to school too. But for his dad, who was and never would be a wizard, this was probably the closest he got to feeling magical. This would have made most people sad, but his father seemed perfectly content with just this.

His mother had decided to stay home. While she loved her only son very much and was very proud of him and all that, the magic thing took a little getting used to. He remembered the look on her face when she had taken him to the train that first year. That was the last time she had dropped him off; she found an excuse every year since. This time, it was to take his younger sister to her piano recital. He didn't mind all that much; he didn't like making his mother uncomfortable if he could help it. She did marvelously well with him doing magic in the house, apparating, his owl, Ginger Snaps, flying in and out all hours, not to mention his magical friends visiting over the summer (Alexei in particular, as she was in the bad habit of forgetting that she ought not let her hair change color in front of muggles, family or not) so if she didn't want to be walking through walls that was fine by him.

"After you." the older man said with a grin, gesturing to a seemingly normal brick pillar in King's crossing. Julius returned a the grin and dashed toward the wall, slipping right through the bricks. The hustle and bustle of King's crossing disappeared to be replaced by the hustle and bustle of all the family's of platform 9 and 3/4s. Julius glanced behind as his father followed shortly behind. "That is so cool." he declared.

"You say that every year." Julius pointed out, an amused smile lighting his face.

"Hey, walking through walls does not cease to get less amazing, no matter how many times you do it. Excuse me for appreciating it, Mr. Magic." he said, placing and hand on the boy's back as the made their way through the crowd to load his things on the train. "You got everything you need?"

He nodded as he hand his things off. "Yep. I'll send Ginger home if I've forgotten anything." There hadn't been a year yet that Julius had forgotten any of this things he needed for school, but his family liked have the reassurance.

"You better keep in touch anyway. Don't let your mother worry her head off. It was bad enough after you told her the possible side effects of apparating."

Julius couldn't help laughing at that. His mother had looked horrified after he told her exactly what splinching was and had proceeded to check him for missing parts the moment after his first in-house apparition. "Don't worry; I can't apparate inside of Hogwarts so she doesn't need to worry about the splinching. But I'll still send her letters to let her know I'm fine."

His father looked pleased and handed him tin that he had been carrying. "Good. This is you're reward then. She made them for Chance, Alexei and you."

Julius opened the tin and spotted his mom's homemade cookies sitting inside. "Thanks, dad."

"Good luck at school." he said his good bye as Julius hopped on the train before it could pull away without him.

He walked through the halls of the train, checking each compartment as he passed for his best friends. He had the feeling he was getting close when a young Slytherin boy, a fourth year if he had to guess, clutching a bleeding and clearly broken nose, brush past him, muttering dark things about a girl. Sure enough, when he checked the next compartment, there was Alexei, seated by the window, and Chance. With a glance back toward the retreating boy, he stepped inside. "That's not your handy-work, is it?" he asked the girl, a dispproving frown on his face.

She snorted, her smile facing warping into one of annoyance. "Yes, it is." she declared proudly in her slight Russian accent, her chin tilted upwards in motion that clearly asked him to challenge her. He wasn't about to take her up on that; the red-head wasn't nearly stupid enough to agree to a challenge he knew he would lose. "That's what he gets if he thinks I'm a peace of meat that he can feel up whenever he wants." The Slytherin boy lost Julius's sympathy immediately, but he still sighed and couldn't help but think there were better ways that it could have been handled. "It's so good to see you too, Julius. Don't need to bother with a 'hello' or anything." she muttered sarcastically.

It was typical Alexei and despite his disapproval, she wasn't about to change her ways any time soon. So he smiled serenely instead and held out the tin of cookies as a peace offering. "It's good to see you, Alexei. I missed you. Mom made cookies."

The girls eyes lit up, her mood changing ask quickly as her appearance often did, she placed the cookie tin on her lap. "Your mom makes the best snickerdoodles. I'll have to send her a thank you letter."

He turned and faced his other friend and smiled. "Hey, Chance, what's up?" he said as he took the seat next to the younger Gryffindor.

σρєη яσą∂ but it's still ∂ąяк,
                                                  вuιℓ∂ a ƒιяє from a şρąяк

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

вuτ we don't ɦąvє to be,

User Image

I'm not sure why I was bothering to go to the bonfire anyway.

The very fact that they had cancelled quidditch practice for the event should have given me enough reason alone. But not only that, winter was drifting in and there was a chill over the whole castle. I've never been a huge fan of warm weather, but even I didn't like sitting out in the cold with nothing but a fire to keep the chill off for no reason other than to socialize. At least with practice I had the chance of improving my game and the anticipation of heading indoors once it was over. Not that the Gryffindor team had practice on Fridays, but that was beside the point.

But no, Julius had to go to bonfire and insisted that I go with. Well, that was putting it strongly, as far as Julius went (I don't think he did anything more than beg very nicely) but, again, beside the point. The only reason I was listening to him at all was because he always made such a sad and disappointed face if I refused for no reason.

So, nothing left for me to do but brace myself and dress warmly. I wrapped the warm red and gold scarf around my neck, being sure to pull my thick, pale gold locks out from underneath the wool. It wasn't quite cold enough for a heavy coat (at least not by my standards, but hey I'm Russian) but I did find a very thick cream sweater to pull close to my person and a matching pear of fingerless gloves and knit cap. Well, there was no point delaying it, so I headed out past the Gryffindor common room down to the site of the bonfire.

As expected, there was a definite chill in the air, to the point where I could see frost beginning to form on the surface of the lake. As if sensing my mood at the moment, or perhaps just anticipating it, I spotted Julius waiting for me with what appeared to be two cups of warm butterbeer clutched in hands. It was confirmed as I approached and could smell their faint, sweet scent. Previous annoyance evaporating, I wrapped my fingers around the warm mug and sipped, relishing the heat that gathered in my belly. "Perfect, you're forgiven." I stated in my slight, Russian accent.

He smiled and laugh softly. "Thank goodness for that." he said in a light voice as he followed me toward the bonfire. Even with the other students gathered and crowding, we still managed find seats close enough to the fire to feel the warm trickle through our clothes. I leaned my back against Julius shoulder and let my gaze wander the crowds. There was a fifth year who was studiously glaring at me (I had broken his nose about a month ago when I had caught him messing with a first year and he'd held a weary grudge ever since) but I studiously ignored him as I people watched and drank my hot butterbeer before it had the nerve to get cold.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

There's a ƒєєℓιηԍ ∂єєρ ιηşι∂є,
үσu can let it be your ԍuι∂є to find your way,
And there's ησ τιмє for us to ωąşτє,
Got to take a leap of ƒąιτɦ and ƒℓү ąωąү

User Image

I always the one that seemed to want to go these sort of events. Alexei, my long time friend, was spotty over them at best. It depended on the mood she was previously in and other events going on. If she wasn't so lucid when I hung out with her, I might think her mad. As it was, she was quite sane which meant she was merely volatile and unpredictable. Today, for instance, I had thought myself quite safe. A bonfire seemed perfectly fine, they hadn't canceled quidditch practice (hers, anyways), the weather was nice (well, it was cold but she was Russian and liked it like that), and as far as I knew she hadn't picked any fights with anyone today (though that easily could have changed since I had seen her at lunch). A normal man might think himself safe. Me, I merely knew that I had given myself best possible odds.

And even those hadn't been enough. For whatever, reason, she was still irritable (I think it was about the weather, but I could never be sure with her) and dragging her feet. She was running late, though I don't think she knew, so I had time to go get her a mug of a butterbeer before she arrived. However much she liked the cold, it was rather brisk out and I liked staying on her good side as much as possible. Less fights for me to break up.

She finally arrived and the scowl she was wearing disappeared the moment she spotted the mug of steaming butterbeer in my hand. Saved. "Perfect, you're forgiven" she muttered with the slightest trace of Russian to her voice. I don't know what I possibly could have done wrong, but decided that going with it was better than arguing about it. For one, I didn't like arguing and two, she would win.

"Thank goodness for that." I replied, happy that she was in a good mood. Never one to follow, Alexei brushed past me as she headed towards the bonfire. And me, well I trailed after her as usual. I found us a seat near the fire so that the warmth and I sat on the log, adjusting my blue scarf so it sat more comfortably against my neck and taking a sip of my butterbeer. Alexei ultimately ended up sitting right next me, turning so she could lean her back against my shoulder. I didn't mind much, her back was quite warm, so I didn't bother complaining.

I recognized a few faces among the crowd. Professor Blackthorne was roaming the crowd, relieving underage students of their alcohol (good, they didn't need it) and appeared to be stopping by Sloane Coutts, who appeared to be frozen. I frowned and couldn't keep myself from worrying about how cold it was. I muttered an apology to Alexei, who quirked one brow curiously before going back to people watching, before standing and heading toward the pair. I gave them both a sunny smile. "Good evening Professor Blackthorne" I greeted him politely before turning my attention towards my fellow student. "Hi, Sloane. I saw you looked kind of cold, do you want to use my jacket? I shrugged out of black wool jacket and offered it to him. A simple heating charm or hanging close to the fire would do the trick for me, I could manage without the jacket. Sloane, however, looked like he could use something a little more substantial.

σρєη яσą∂ but it's still ∂ąяк,
                                                  вuιℓ∂ a ƒιяє from a şρąяк

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

вuτ we don't ɦąvє to be,

User Image

Sage decided that she hated buses. There wasn't much good to say about them other than the fact they got you from point A to point B. They were crowded, they smelled, and almost always had at least one guy that looked at her in a way that made her want to take a shower immediately. Even the Knight Bus better than this. But considering she had to go to and from work, she needed transport. She couldn't fly, the Muggles would see, and she didn't know how to apparate which left Muggle transportation.

There was another creep on the bus today, this one deciding that he really liked the look of chest (though how he could make out any shape beneath her winter jacket stumped her). She felt a light pressure on her skin, the now familiar feeling that came along with resisting her bodies urge to react to her moods and show its disgust. Her metamorphmagus changes weren't something she usually had a problem with, but it was generally more acceptable in the wizarding world when your hair suddenly turned bright purple. Muggles had no notion that this was possible and thus she had to make sure she kept the same appearance at all times. But the creep a few seats away was making this extremely difficult.

He was looking about ready to attempt talking to her, but luckily the reached her stop before she gave into the urge to plant a fist in his face. She exited quickly and made it up to her apartment. Most of the others were already gathered to play whatever game this weeks roomie night entailed. "Muggle buses are a b***h. I'm not getting on one again." she declared to the room as her greeting. She tossed her bag and coat in the room and glanced at the mirror to check her appearance. She had showered and changed just after her class so she was at least somewhat presentable. She wasn't wearing any makeup, but she wasn't about to put it on just to play games. Maybe if they went out later, she might. She might also fix her French braid that was trying to fall apart. Deciding she was decent, she went out to join the rest of her room mates for game night.

She took a seat on the couch and glanced down at their game for the week. Something called "Apples to Apples"...muggles had weird names for their games. It didn't even make any sense, what was the point of changing an apple to another apple? Well, she'd store that question away for Lola or Rowan for later. Right now, there was a person missing from their group and games couldn't start till everybody was there. "2! Get your snake a** out here already," she shouted down the hall. After her oh so fun bus ride, she was really not in the mood. With ability relaxed in the apartment, her normally blonde hair had taken a decidedly ginger hue.

2 emerged from his room cradling an empty glass as the rules were being explained and Sage joined him temporarily get herself a glass of firewhisky as well. God knew she could use a drink right now. Alcohol no in possession she returned to her seat and glanced at her red cards as 2 read off the green card. She didn't even know what half these were, but she was pretty sure none of them sounded 'cuddly', particularly The Great Depression and The Beatles (whatever those were). "So I'm supposed to put down a red card that matches the green one right?" she confirmed with Rowan, whom she was sitting close to. "What if none of my cards match? Because I'm pretty sure I can't cuddle 'the 1960's' " she said, giving her cards a quick glance. Her previous anger simmered away for her confusion, returning her hair to its normal gold color. She was left feeling very confused.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User ImagexxxUser Image
tab tab tab tab ×× CASTOR ACRISIUS ××
tab tab ◄⋮▪▪ NICKNAME::xxxcass, castor, the lion
tab tab ◄⋮▪▪ AGE::xxxageless; looks twenty two
tab tab ◄⋮▪▪ GENDER::xxxmale
tab tab ◄⋮▪▪ TITLE::xxx the lion of narnia
tab tab ◄⋮▪▪ SPECIES::xxxunknown; the creator of narnia
tab tab ◄⋮▪▪ PERSONALITY::xxxconfident, insensitive, blunt, protective, secretive, sarcastic, intelligent, reckless
tab tab ◄⋮▪▪ FACE CLAIM::xxxalex pettyfer
tab tab ◄⋮▪▪ USERNAME::xxxZeroToHeroInNoTime

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

Juşτ because єvєяүτɦιηԍ'ş ςɦąηԍιηԍ
Doesn't мєąη it's ηєvєя been this way before
ąℓℓ you can ∂σ is try to know who your ƒяιєη∂ş are
As you ɦєą∂ 域 to the ωąя

User Image

Cass remembered how Narnia used to be. He'd had left during the summer, when the grass bright and forests cool and green. The trees used to dance and the fauns would join them with a merry tune. Naiads would flutter along the banks of the rivers and bicker with the merfolk. The white stones of castle Cair Paravel would glisten in the sunlight as the sea rushed to meet the rock. Narnia was beautiful then, bright and vibrant and full of laughter.

He didn't know what to make of all this. Everything that was supposed to be green was covered in thick layers of snow and ice and there chill in the air that clung to everything it touched. The weather was so out of season it was ridiculous. In the past he might have been able to guess what was going on, but now he wasn't so sure what was going on in Elysia's mind. The girl he knew wouldn't have overthrown the king and conquered Narnia for herself just to freeze it over. At least, if the rumors he had heard so far were true.

For now, he didn't know what to believe. What he did know was that he had to lay low, figure out what the hell had happened during his hundred some odd year absence, and then take care of this White Witch before she could do anymore harm to Narnia.

He didn't realize someone was trying to talk to him until he felt a tug on his cloak. A hare and his wife. "Cass?" the Mr. Hare asked tentatively, looking confused. He had clearly been trying to get Cass's attention for awhile. He had forgotten to pay attention. Almost nobody used his nickname, save the Kings and Queens of old and a select other few. Most of Narnia knew him as 'Castor' or 'The Lion' or 'The Creator' or some other version. 'Cass' had been reserved for the close, which made it a perfect cover now. He just forgot to listen for it sometimes.

"Oh, yeah." he mumbled, looking away from the door as Mrs. Hare summoned him for lunch and took a seat at the table with the hares. Or rather, did his best too. Talking animals were generally larger than their silent counterparts, but hares were still rather small and at six feet tall, he was considerably larger. He had to sit on the floor to make the whole situation work. The missus served the meal and the chatted (well, the hares did most of the talking and he the listening) and soon the meal was over. "Thank you for your hospitality. Please, take this..." he said, reaching out and grabbing two small empty jars off the counter. A little magic and the jars were soon filled with fire similar to that of the lamppost. "They should keep you warm when you go out." he said, pressing them into the paws of the stunned Hare and delighted Mrs. Hare. He was out the door immediately after, listening the missus effusive thanks as he pulled the hood over his head.

Markets generally tended to be full of the latest gossip and Cass was willing to bet that that hadn't changed since he had been gone. So he decided that was the best place to go. So he headed out to the closest one. When he got their he realized that things had changed. Sure, the market was still bustling, trades still being done, whether they be actual goods or merely gossip, but there was a liveliness that missing, and general cheer that was gone from the crowd. Sure, there were groups of individuals that reminded him of the olds days, but there were a great many that looked like they were just trying to get through they day.

He wasn't sure he could handle the deadpan ones so he made sure his cloak covered most of his features before he headed to one of the more cheerful groups to gather information.

I'll ςσмє вąςк when you ςąℓℓ me
                                                  ησ ηєє∂ to say ԍσσ∂вүє

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

ɦσмє is вєɦιη∂, the world ąɦєą∂
And there are мąηү ρąτɦєş to τrєą∂
τɦяσuԍɦ şɦą∂σω to є∂ԍє of night
uητιℓ the şτąяş are ąℓℓ ąℓιԍɦτ

User Image

"What the hell you bi...!"

Those were all the words the guy manage before Linnea Issakson's wand whipped out smoothly from her pocket and with quiet, hurried words hexed the fellow. He yelped as his skin broke out in large painful hives and his friends hurried him away to the infirmary, sending scathing looks back at her and muttering something about how she'll be sorry. She never was; Linn lived under a no regret policy. She could be reckless and stupid, but she refused to be sorry for what she did. Besides, he deserved it. Only fools who didn't have anything better to do bullied first years who didn't know any spells yet.

"That's unusually lenient of you." her friend Elsa commented lightly from behind in her faintly accented drawl. Elsa too had a policy; she'd didn't stop Linn when she got into these fights, but she wasn't exactly helping either. Which was fine by Linn; it wasn't Elsa's battles to fight anyway.

"Hhmmph." she snorted, tucking her wand back into her dark wash jeans. "On the contrary, that was exactly what he deserved." she stated shortly, the tips of her long dark hair flaring an unnatural shade of red. As a metamorphmagus, she could change her appearance at will, but more often than not her looks were affected by her emotions. She took a deep breath, cooling her temper and her hair reassumed its usual shade.

With a sigh, she turned towards Elsa, who was leaning against the castle wall and looking down the corridor at the approaching boys. Having part veela blood not only had given Elsa unusually good looks, but she also tended to draw male attention wherever she went. Linn didn't mind, though after awhile it began to grate on her nerves when the crowd got large enough that she was pushed out of the way or when the flirting became so outrageous that she felt sick. It didn't help that Elsa encouraged it, loving the attention. She had found it easier to escape before such things happened. "Well, I suppose I'll leave you to your adoring fans then." she said with a light grin and moved out of the way as the wizards went to greet her friend.

With nothing much better to do with her time, she headed down to the lake. It was a favorite hangout of hers, whether it be to read, practice spells, or simply to think. Usually, it was nice and quiet since others found the castle far more interesting, but today there were a group of first years messing with the giant squid. Though they were screeching and yelping, they didn't seem to be in any sort of danger so she let them be. She'd bother with them later if it truly became an issue, but from what she could see the creature was merely teasing them.

She took he usual seat, a tree that grew close to the lake and sat down, her back against the trees trunk. She was about to pull out a book, she was messing around in her bag to do so, but she wasn't left alone long enough to do so. A very familiar person, a friend, ended up taking a seat next to her. She stopped her looking to glance at him as he spoke, shoving the bag off her lap and to the side. "Well, aren't you chipper and optimistic as always." she said to Harry, her words filled with heavy sarcastic emphasis. "I doubt my summer was better. Though I guarantee it was more interesting. My older brother decided to bring the baby dragon he was taking care of home. Mom nearly disowned him after it nearly burnt down the house." She grinned at the memory of her mother throwing a fit, chasing her older brother as he clutched the young dragon in his arms. He was just lucky their mother couldn't apparate or she might have chased him all the way back to Ukraine.

She paused for a moment, considering the rest of the events of her summer. She had been asked to join two different groups, one headed by a guy calling himself Voldemort and the other called the Order of the Phoenix who wished to oppose him. Linn had been approached several times by both sides, asking her to join their cause, but she had so far refused every time. She didn't see a reason to be a part of either group, honestly, so she didn't join. She didn't see a reason to mention it to Harry either; it wasn't something that concerned him. "So, what exactly was it that made your summer so horrible?"

мιşτ and şɦą∂σω, ςℓσu∂ and şɦą∂є
                                                          ąℓℓ shall ƒą∂є, ąℓℓ shall ƒą∂є

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

Juşτ because єvєяүτɦιηԍ'ş ςɦąηԍιηԍ
Doesn't мєąη it's ηєvєя been this way before
ąℓℓ you can ∂σ is try to know who your ƒяιєη∂ş are
As you ɦєą∂ 域 to the ωąя

User Image

words words words

I'll ςσмє вąςк when you ςąℓℓ me
                                                  ησ ηєє∂ to say ԍσσ∂вүє

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

вuτ we don't ɦąvє to be,

User Image

While Pierce occasionally missed her outlaw days, there was one thing that she had to admit. Since her fathers group had disbanded, she had developed various friends in various kingdoms in various places, not all of them the most savory.

Which is how she found herself in a brothel.

To be honest, she had mixed feelings about the whole situation in general. On one hand, she wasn't all that surprised; Robin Hood's gang were at their core outlaws and not all had gone on to honest work since they had been made 'legal' again. On the other hand, she was really not liking the looks she was receiving from some of the patrons of the establishment at all and had to curb an urgent desire to kick a few of them in a place that would ensure they were never able to bare children.

Jack normally wouldn't have been caught dead in such a place but it wasn't like she was here for fun. There had been a woman by the name of Ling who she had been close to as a child. While she could have never imitated the woman's easy way of making men feel desired by her all while stripping them of their belongings and knowledge, Ling had been the one to teach her a thing or two about slight of hand and (as the only other girl among the gang) the finer things on being a woman. She had since gone back to her old job at the brothel but she occasionally would pass Jack information or let her spend the night when she was in the area.

AND THEN I SHALL CONTINUE THIS AND IT WILL BE A REAL POST ONE DAY

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

ɦσмє is вєɦιη∂, the world ąɦєą∂
And there are мąηү ρąτɦєş to τrєą∂
τɦяσuԍɦ şɦą∂σω to є∂ԍє of night
uητιℓ the şτąяş are ąℓℓ ąℓιԍɦτ

User Image

words words words

мιşτ and şɦą∂σω, ςℓσu∂ and şɦą∂є
                                                      ąℓℓ shall ƒą∂є, ąℓℓ shall ƒą∂є

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image
This is ԍσşρєℓ for the ƒąℓℓєη σηєş
ℓσςкє∂ away in ρєямąηєητ slumber
ąşşємbℓιηԍ τɦєιя ρɦιℓσşσρɦιєş
From ριєςєş of вяσкєη мємσяιєş

User Image

words words words

ηєvєя-∂σ-ωєℓℓş and ιηşuƒƒєяąвℓє вąşτąя∂ş
                                                        ςσηƒєşşιηԍ their ąρσşτąşιєş

User Image

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
    • Partygoer 500
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Forum Regular 100
    User Image

The ωιη∂ ιş ƒяєє,
    But the şąη∂ goes where it it is вℓσωη.
    τωιяℓιηԍ on the вяєąτɦ of the ԍσ∂ş.
    At the мєяcy of the şτσям that şuяяσuη∂ş it.

User Image

Xavier normally liked politics. In a way, it was a game, maneuvering amongst people, subtly manipulating things to go your way and convincing people to happily side with you. It was a challenge, a difficult problem, and his mind usually was thrilled with attempting to solve it.

In this case, however, he was not pleased.

He knew he had to get married. When you were crown prince, it wasn't if or when you were getting married but to whom. He had known since he was small child that not only was he to be married so the land would have a queen and heirs, but the bride would never be of his choosing, always somebody with a political advantage. With politics, love was a rarity and a weakness to be exploited. As such, it had come to no surprise to him when he ended up engaged to one of the nobles daughters; her families land, wealth, and resources were of use to the royal family. And he hadn't really been upset when the engagement was broken off due to her assets being irreconcilable with the fact that their heirs would have possibly been damaged.

So was he surprised that his father was arranging him with another bride? Not even a little. The war was tedious, draining the land's funds, and the fastest way to end it was through marriage, between him and their princess.

He wasn't particularly upset on that end; he knew the stakes and the prizes to be won and he agreed with his fathers reasoning. It was the bride in question that he didn't like. She was pretty enough, he supposed, but she was a spoiled brat and chattered no stop. If it weren't for the possibilities marriage to her presented, he would have been done with her a long time ago. But he supposed he didn't have to like her to marry her. Among royalty, marriages were for power, not love. Hell, he was pretty sure his parents hated one another, but it had been mutually beneficial for both of them. Once the marriage was complete and an heir or two was made, he didn't even have to spend all that much time with her outside of official business. He guessed he could deal with that.

He tapped his fingers against his leg, doing his best to play his role as the crown prince and resist fiddling with his bottle, resting in its place around his neck, hidden by the folds of his shirt, as the final details of his engagement were smoothed out. His patience was growing thin and he held in a sigh as the meeting finally ended and he bid goodnight to the foreign guests, a fake, cold grin plastered on his face.

He made his way back to his suite, perfectly settled in his act, the persona of the prince. Cold, strong, powerful, and intelligent; no holes for another to sneak in, no weaknesses for them to exploit. It was what it meant to be the crown prince and he wasn't one to be careless or half hearted. Only once he was behind closed doors, completely alone, did he relax marginally. He loosened the collar of his shirt with a sigh, and off went his shirt. His small, ornate metal bottle clinked against his chest as he threw the shirt in a basket for a maid to launder. As per usual, it radiated a constant warmth, a reassurance that as long as he alone possessed it, no other could manipulate him.

The meeting have exhausted him, he was too tired to completely change to his nightly clothes. He settled with removing all the ornamentation and his boots, and falling into his bed.

He didn't remember falling asleep, but he did remember waking up. It was the sudden, immediate transition from unconsciousness to awareness, realizing that somebody was attempting to smother him. His emerald green eyes snapped open and, upon instinct, he clutched the bottle (he never slept without it) in one hand. Whatever the hell was going on, it would be over the moment they got ahold of that. His other immediately went to press against his attackers shoulder to throw them off. That was his first sign that something was different. He didn't quite see them clearly, but the figure was slight, the hand small. A female. He should have easily been able to defend himself from her, but he found his strength fast fading. Something was wrong. Within moments, it was as if no strength at all. His limbs, everything, felt heavy and his mind drifted to somewhere dark and quiet.

He blacked out.

When he woke next, he wasn't quite sure where he was. He had a massive headache, worse than any hangover he had ever had, and the light that filtered in through his closed eyes hurt. He squinted, blinked and slowly adjusted to get a look at his surroundings. He looked but didn't comprehend for a moment until his gaze rested on the table beside the bed he lay in. He focused there and noted the apples slices and glass of water. Throat dry, he groggily reached for it.

There he encountered his first problem that called him further into consciousness, shaking off the last bits of sleep. His arm wouldn't budge. He glanced up and noticed that his right wrist was handcuffed to the bed frame. He gave it an experimental tug but the restraint would not let him move farther than an inch. Shocked, enraged, and marginally frightened, he glanced up and really took in his surroundings. It became immediately obvious that he was not in the palace. The room was too shabby by far and no palace room would have a candle that was used for more than decoration. The room itself was no bigger than his bathroom but it was clearly meant to be a bedroom. Xavier himself was laying on the bed, but he was alone in the room. He also noticed, with a growing alarm that his bottle was gone, not resting in its usual place about his neck. Panicked, his gaze flitted around the room until he found it resting on a table on the other side of the room, out of reach.

He ran his fingers through his mussed hair and forced himself to calm and work through the problem. It was clear that he had been kidnapped, though by whom and why was yet to be seen. His family had a lot of enemies for a lot of reasons; narrowing it down to just one was nearly impossible with his given information. Why they removed his bottle and placed it within his sight was also a mystery, though he doubted it was a fellow djinn. While his kind were generally very, very secretive with their lamps, they generally knew one when they saw it. And while the general populace knew of their existence, it was doubtful they would be able to recognize its use unless told or accidentally stumbled upon it. Judging by the room and the careless way they had left it lying about, he assumed that his kidnapper was one of the common folk, a peasant. Nobody but his parents and himself had ever seen his bottle, so she must not know what it was. Whatever the reason, he currently didn't have it and that was unacceptable.

He debated breaking the handcuff, but with his power at its current limit, exercising that much magic would be difficult and draining, a state that he currently didn't have the luxury to be in. For the moment, he was stuck. Damn his kidnapper for not using rope; he might have been able to loosen the ties on that. Actually, damn his kidnapper period. And himself too. Since when had he ever allowed himself to be so careless? Xavier should have known better than to allow himself to be kidnapped, especially at his age.

With a bit of a struggle, he sat up in the bed and stared at the water. He had enough power to check for poisons and any other unpleasant substance that might have been slipped in. Finding none, he used his free hand to drain the glass of its contents. He was nibbling one of the apple slices when he heard the creak of stairs and soft pad of feet. Ah, his kidnapper. He threw the rest of the slice in his mouth and finished it off before setting a glare on the closed door.

What is σηє ԍяąιη σƒ şąη∂ in the ∂єşєяτ?
                                                        σηє ԍяąιη ąмσηԍşτ the şτσям?

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
    • Partygoer 500
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Forum Regular 100
    User Image

sohma, ren

User Image
                                introduction

NAME ;
                                    Ren Sohma
                                    NICKNAMES;
                                    Ren
                                    AGE ;
                                    Twenty
                                    GENDER ;
                                    Male
                                    SEXUALITY;
                                    Heterosexual
                                    WEIGHT;
                                    152 lbs
                                    HEIGHT;
                                    6 ft
                                    WHAT ANIMAL YOU CURSED WITH?;
                                    Year of the Rooster
                                    RESIDENCE;
                                    Sohma Estate
                                    OCCUPATION;
                                    College Student (studying law), Part time Judo Instructor

backstory

PERSONALITY TRAITS;
                                      Rude
                                      Dishonest
                                      Blunt
                                      Independent
                                      Secretive
                                      Loyal
                                      Stubborn
                                      Mischievous
                                      Insensitive
                                      Protective
                                      Cheerful

BIOGRAPHY;
                                    Life is complicated enough when you're born with degenerative eye condition that'll leave you blind before your tenth birthday. It's even more unpleasant when you've been cursed with the spirit of the Rooster from the zodiac. Needless to say, the new parents got quite the shock when they were finally handed their firstborn. And despite their son's condition, he was their child and they loved him. So they took him home and they attempted to raise him like any other child. It was difficult. On top of the normal problems parents dealt with they had deal with the additional challenged of a child who would change into a bird the moment his mother got careless and hugged him.

His younger sister, Hikaru was born when Ren was only two, an unwelcome surprise for his parents. Her birth was accidental; they had already had enough trouble on their hands raising Ren and they hadn't wanted the additional trouble a second child brought along. Not to mention she too was cursed with zodiac as well. Still, like Ren she was their child and they at least made the attempt to raise her, like Ren, normally.

For a few years, everything was fine. Raising two children that were cursed was a challenge all its own, but having the additional problem of a child who's eyes were slowly failing made the job straight up stressful. Still, there were happy times and as the children got older it looked as though things might be ok.

But it all went downhill around the time Ren was five. With his degenerative eye condition, his vision had consistently been failing slowly over the course of the years. By this age, his peripheral vision was almost non existent, just a blurred blackness on the edge of his sight. But like a stone rolling down a hill, the rate at which his sight had been going began to speed up. Soon, he could only see things that were directly in front of him. Then the darkness began to spread the field of his vision became smaller and smaller. For his parents, who always knowing this would happen but perhaps not quite grasping the when, this was the breaking point. When he was six, his younger sister four, they dropped the pair off with female relative and left the children for good, their minds erased so that they didn't even remember them. For Ren, their faces and their turned backs as they left was a deep scar on his memory.

At age eight, just two years later, he was completely blind.

At least, by this time, he had gotten used to his new home and new relative and he had already been putting into practice the techniques he would need to navigate the world without his sight. It was difficult at first, he was used to moving around with at least limited vision, but eventually he was up and about on his own. He would never admit it, but although life went on as it did without his sight, it wasn't same. His therapists said that he should focus on the good things or the things he could appreciate more without his vision, but that didn't mean he didn't miss being able to see. He smiled and told them he was fine and adopted a determined attitude. He wouldn't let things like blindness limit him. Soon, he was not only getting around without his walking stick but he was practicing judo, even teaching it.

It was good thing he did to. The relative that his parents had left them with was more in love with her art than she was with the idea of raising two kids. Most days you couldn't pull her away from the easel or her sketchbook or whatever medium she was using. When they were little, she did the important things like make sure they were fed and what not, but once they were old enough they ended up doing things themselves. Which is why Ren insisted on moving into a place of their own (even if it was on the Sohma Estate) when he was fifteen. He didn't need or want to take care of a family member that had never been interested in him and his sister in the first place.

He insisted on attending a co-ed school just to prove that he was able to defend himself just fine from girls throwing themselves at him in public even when he couldn't see them coming. Not to say that he was the perfect student, far from it. Sure, his grades were excellent and even with his condition his teachers didn't really need to give him special treatment other than a few exceptions, like art class. But his blunt way of saying exactly the wrong things and his general tendency to be a nuisance caused him to be in more than one fight and generally resulted in a lot of animosity from the male student body (surprisingly, a good number of the females didn't seem to mind too much...). There was a great sigh of relief when Ren finally graduated high school.

Now he generally causes the same problems at his college, where he studies law, and at home with his sister.

general

MENTAL HEALTH;
                                    The events in his life had led to him having some trust issues. He hates to rely on others, even with his disability, and would rather do things himself. He has a hard time opening up to others and tends to hide the fact that he is rather private and secretive person with cheerful, mischievous attitude.
                                    PHYSICAL HEALTH;
                                    Ren suffers from complete blindness in both of his eyes. Due to this disability, his hearing, ability to smell, sense of surrounding, and pretty much every other sense is particularly keen. Other than his eyes, he's in excellent shape.

extra

BONUS;
                                      He took up Judo because somebody pitied him, saying that he'd never be able to play sports. Well he showed them.
                                      He has a younger sister named Hikaru. Mess with her and die.
                                      He's terrified of nearly everything to do with water. Drowning, swimming, whatever. Even the thought of boats makes him ill.
                                      He has a large lotus tattoo on his upper back

PETS;
                                    N/A
                                    RELATIONSHIPS;
                                    name ;; the god relationship
                                    name ;; the dog relationship
                                    name ;; the dragon relationship
                                    name ;; the ox relationship
                                    name ;; the tiger relationship
                                    name ;; the rat relationship
                                    name ;; the snake relationship
                                    name ;; the rabbit relationship
                                    name ;; the monkey relationship