Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

MODERATION
              xxxxxxxxxx( t h e x o n e s x c a l l i n g x t h e x s h o t s )
              ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

xxx[ B E E L Z E B U B ] && ethereal -- LUNA

INSPIRATION
              xxxxxxxxxx( i t x h a s x t o x c o m e x f r o m x s o m e w h e r e )

xxxALPHA CENTAURI THE LEGEND OF ZELDA SUNWELL TRILOGY

GENRE
              xxxxxxxxxx( w h a t x y o u x c a n x e x p e c t )

xxxACTION ADVENTURE DRAMA FANTASY MAGIC

LEVEL
              xxxxxxxxxx( h o w x m u c h x y o u x h a v e x t o x w.r.i.t.e )

xxxLAZY LITERATE (400+ WORDS)

So, you have stumbled across the role play ★「 LIMINALITY. I would like to welcome you to the thread and thank you for stopping in. This thing is my newest project and has since eaten ungodly amounts of time in set up and construction. Firstly, large thanks go out to ethereal -- LUNA, who gave tons of support and suggestions. This thing would have remained in my test thread for only God knows how long were it not for her.

In a nut shell, ★「 LIMINALITY is set in a world drowned by a mighty ocean. A force of darkness has arisen and beset the remnants of humanity. Forced together through circumstance, it is up to one ragtag group to unravel the truth behind this shadowy force that threatens to engulf the world.

It's the general fantasy fare here; magic, friendship, betrayal, sacrifice, romance. If this at all piques your interest, please scroll down and read the rest of the thread. You can also join us in the Out of Character for some mindless chatter.

IC xxxxxx OOC

LITERACY
                                                    xxxxxxxxxx( i t x i s n ' t x a s k i n g x v e r y x m u c h )

xxxIf you noted the very first post, the minimum length that will be accepted for a reply is 400 words. While the required length is relatively short, I am expecting quality in exchange. The word 'literate' has multiple definitions. The most common to come to mind is simply having the ability to read and write. But here, I have used it in the sense of showing skill in the techniques of writing. This means you should know how to properly express yourself. You should use complete sentences without running on. You should know the difference between homonyms; ie there, their, and they're. You should make use of proper grammar without flip-flopping between tenses. All of that and, most importantly, you should be generally competent.

TERMS of SERVICE
                                                    xxxxxxxxxx( w h a t x y o u x c a n x g e t x a w a y x w i t h )

xxxThings will be kept at the PG-13 level. Romance, conflict, and everything in between is welcome. I don't care if you want to make characters fight and I am not opposed to romance. You may even have same gender pairings, if that's what you want. I won't complain about any of it. What I do care about, however, is keeping all these things tame enough for the impressionable youths that may be lurking the thread. More to the point, your characters should not be having any overly intimate moments. While characters are free to fall in love, I don't want them to be having sex on every page. Given the age of some of these characters, can you honestly blame me? The detail for your blood and gore should also be kept low. There are artful ways to convey bloodshed without making it completely traumatic to the readers.

APPLYING
                                                    xxxxxxxxxx( h o w x t o x s n a g x a x c h a r a c t e r )

xxxIf you wish to apply for a role, all you have to do is pick a character and submit an application. Once you have filled this out, post your application in the OoC. In the application, you will need to provide a link to a sample thread as well as write a brief post as the character. This is a quality check, plain and simple. After I have consulted with ethereal -- LUNA (and if and when I give your application the okay) you may begin working on your profile. The link can be found in the same post as the application. Though, bear in mind that this role play is competition based. Up to three people can apply for a single role.

DEDICATION
                                                    xxxxxxxxxx( d o n ' t x j u s t x l e a v e x m e x h a n g i n g )

xxxThis is meant to be a long term RP. If you are applying, please be sure that you have the time to dedicate to this. Don't send in an application if your only intention is to hang around for a day or two before moving on to the next best thing. I understand that people lose interest and that things creep up without warning. If such is the case, and you have to drop, just do it on a high note. All I want is a heads up. I won't be upset if you can't continue. On a similar note, if you are going to be gone for an extended period, please let me know in advance. If I have no clue where you are, I may assume that you have disappeared and remove you from the RP. To avoid losing your character unnecessarily, just drop me a line.

POSTING
                                                    xxxxxxxxxx( h o w x o f t e n x y o u x s h o u l d x r e p l y )

xxxYou are expected to reply as the need demands. If someone is waiting on a response from you, please work on one. It's that easy. Generally speaking, from the moment your partner get up their response and you are next in line, the clock starts ticking. If you fail to post within 30 days from the time of your partner, you will be removed from the thread. You will not be given a warning. By reading this, you should already be aware of the conditions. I expect you to be mature enough to know how to manage your time and keep track of things yourself. I am not here to be your babysitter or handle you with kid gloves. More over, I don't want people to think that they are irreplaceable and exempt from the rules.

A withered hand cracked and creaked. Its skeletal fingers were inhumanly long, stroking the spine of a well-worn book. The storyteller's eyes had the tendency to wander from the pages, as he knew the story so well. Instead, the whitish orbs continually perused the flushed face of the youth sitting across the table.

"And then what happened?" the boy pressed, his eyes impossibly wide and filled with an innocent sort of wonder.

The old man's features seemed incapable of forming a smile, though the muscles beneath the leathery folds of his skin certainly put forth a valiant effort. "Rarhiel," he breathed with some effort, "began to grow dissatisfied. He was the wisest among the Talem'ri, but there was an ever present hollowness inside of him. It was an emptiness that only seemed to deepen with the passing of time. From the pursuit of worldly knowledge, his mind had turned away. It ventured, instead, toward the forbidden." It was here that the codger pitched his voice low, almost conspiratorial in a way.

Perched on his knees, the child took in a sharp breath. He was gripped by the sudden thickening of the plot. The storyteller moved on, needing no further prompt.

"Rarhiel sought out the Mana Stone, a mystical orb of immense power. In the hands of a righteous man, it would bring peace and prosperity. But in the hands of the wicked, it could spell ruin, calamity, and destruction. The Mana Stone could make no distinction between good or evil. It could only read the deepest desires that resided in the hearts of one that possessed it. And then grant them. For this reason, the Talem'ri protected the Mana Stone from all others. It was their solemn duty.

"But Rarhiel shirked his responsibilities, longing to seize the Mana Stone as his own. So consumed was he that Rarhiel committed a most atrocious act. He turned on his fellow Talem'ri, slaughtering those he had once called brother, sister. All in order to obtain the object of his corrupt desires.

"When at last he laid his hands on the Mana Stone, his heart was twisted and void of any kindness. The lingering traces of the pious man he had once been vanished in that instant. The Mana Stone, thus under Rarhiel's control, made real his cruel desires.

"The world was enveloped in shadow. The skies turned a sickly puce and the sun refused to shine. The rivers and seas that did not dry ran red instead. Even the earth herself became tainted, plants withering as the corruption spread. It threatened to strangle out all life. And it was Rarhiel, perched upon a golden throne, who ruled the darkened realm he had created.

"Yet not all the Talem'ri had been slain. From among them arose Eronat, the purest of heart. A peaceful creature, it was not in her to fight. But to allow Rarhiel to warp the true nature of the world that she so loved, and to turn it into a thing of his own design, was not something that she could allow. He was treading upon the realm of the Creator. Of which he had no right. Thusly, she could not permit the Mana Stone to remain in his possession.

"Eronat, using cunning rather than force, sealed away her onetime kinsman. But still, she showed compassion where he had not. Though Rarhiel was locked in an earthen tomb, his bindings were set to hold him for only the passing of a single millennium. She could not bring herself to rob him of life. Rarhiel raged at the loss of his most valuable treasure, yet could do nothing.

"But entombing her brother did not right the wrongs he had committed. Still the world was ravaged by darkness and the people of the earth suffered. Eronat, in her limitless grief, wept for all creatures. She wept for the children of man. She wept for the fiercest beasts and for the most timid of creatures. She wept for the tallest trees and the smallest buds. But, more than any, she wept for Rarhiel.

"Her tears flowed in an endless stream, and with the Mana Stone clenched tightly in her hands, her sorrow began to wash away the stain on the world. The earth was cleansed, her unending tears flooding the world and drowning the remaining corruption beneath a sea of tears."

The old man had begun to rock gently in his seat. At the table, the boy had hopped up. His tiny hands clenched tightly to the hem of his tunic. A realization had dawned. "So that is why the sea is salty!"

"That is exactly why," he agreed with a sagely nod, closing the book he had only half been reading aloud.

"But what happened to Eronat? And the Mana Stone?"

"It is said that Eronat, with the last of her strength, made a wish upon the Mana Stone. She pled to the stone that though she might die in the process, that she longed for her life be spread to touch all others. To this day, she returns to us in every shower of rain, kissing the earth with her blessings of life." For a silent moment, he paused there. The child seemed to be absorbing this information, lips pursed in a tight line.

"As for the Mana Stone, there are none that can say..."

It trickled and it flowed. There was no stopping time. It passed and, with it, the world slowly began to forget. The deep wounds sustained by the earth had been long since healed, the scars hardly perceivable. All of it had been washed away, drowned beneath a mighty ocean. Those spared of the Calamity sought refuge upon the innumerable islands that peppered the virgin sea.

Countless centuries came and went.

As if it were the most natural thing, the only thing, humanity eked out an existence upon the waves. Though the memories had dimmed with the passing of the ages, and man forgot of rolling plains, towering mountains, and verdant forests, the legend of Eronat and her sacrifice persisted, carried by the winds. The people began to worship, deeming her a Goddess. The Life Giver. For she had bestowed upon them her blessings, she had died so that they might live. The story passed from mere legend and became sacred, raising the humble Talem'ri to untold heights within the minds and hearts of the people.

Around the blossoming religion, nations arose, man prospered, and the world knew a golden age. The likes of which had not been seen since antiquity; the times before the Calamity.

Yet it was a fleeting peace, for a darkness was to loom upon the horizon. A great evil arose from the depths. Rarhiel, his sentence served and his bindings cut, had been released from his tomb. With him came the return of darkness. It swept, as if a wave of wanton destruction, across the sea. One small isle after another met with misfortune. Entire populations were decimated and villages razed by a seemingly unstoppable force; soldiers clad in black armor. To the people, they became death personified. Men were slain, women enslaved, and children enlisted into the Black Brigade.

In the face of such crisis, the people turned to the heavens. They prayed to the Life Giver, crying out for deliverance. But their earnest pleas went unanswered.

xxxxxASSERTIVE xxxxx BOLD xxxxx CHARISMATIC

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxF I L L I N G xxx T H E xxx H O L E xxx T H A T ’ S xxx T H R O U G H xxx M Y xxx L I F E
                                          「 e v e r the CHARMER
                                          xxxxx▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxit`s always been just lingering
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx( IT'S TIME TO BE HERE ALONE xxx IT'S TIME TO BE HERE ALONE )

xxxxxm a l e xxxxxxx1 7 - 1 9 xxxxxxxi r o n

You are quite the character. Born on a remote island to the south, you are the eldest son of the village chief. As far back as you can remember, you have been groomed to succeed your father and lead the village. Unfortunately, that seems to be the furthest thing from your mind. Since the time you were young, you have dreamed of seeing the world beyond your tiny island. You yearn for adventure. As you grew older, this romantic notion of yours didn't die, as your parents had hoped. It only deepened with each passing day. While you have matured some since your youth, you still find ways to exasperate your father. Anything he tells you to do, you seem to do just the opposite. It is not that you don't care about your family, because you certainly do. You just wish that you had more freedom and less responsibilities. As far as you're concerned, your life is your own and you will live it as you please. Your father aside, at least in 「 e v e r the WILD ❜ you have a friend. He may be younger than you, but it hardly seems to make a difference. Since childhood, the two of you have been inseparable. Even to your most outrageous suggestions, he agrees to tag along. It seems to work out well, 「 e v e r the WILD ❜ being one of the few people in your life who doesn't seem to expect anything from you. You only wish the rest of the village was the same. But since that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon, you continue to rebel. Your latest distraction comes in the form of a young girl, 「 e v e r the EMOTIVE ❜. Two months ago, she was dragged ashore. Everyone was leery of this stranger but, true to form, you went against the grain. You convinced the elders and your father to allow 「 e v e r the EMOTIVE ❜ to stay. Not from the goodness of your heart, though. You were curious; she was dressed so oddly, you could draw no other conclusion than she had come from another place. And you had so many questions to ask her. Your interest in 「 e v e r the EMOTIVE ❜has, since first meeting, bloomed into a thing much deeper than mere curiosity. You have become somewhat smitten with her. Now, is it truly her that you find so enticing or just the exoticism?

xxx███ █ OPEN
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxx username ❜ username ❜ username

xxxxxOUTSPOKEN xxxxx STUBBORN xxxxx HYPERSENSITIVE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxF I L L I N G xxx T H E xxx H O L E xxx T H A T ’ S xxx T H R O U G H xxx M Y xxx L I F E
                                          「 e v e r the EMOTIVE

xxxxxf e m a l e xxxxxxx1 6 - 1 8 xxxxxxxc r y s t a l

Just who are you? This is something you find yourself asking on a daily basis. You can not remember anything about your past; who your parents are, where you came from, or even your real name. The earliest point in your memory is filled with nothing but the endless ocean and the taste of brine. The next you remember is being pulled from the frigid water and aboard a small boat. From there, you can recall waking to the thatched roof of a small hut. It is from this point that your memory becomes the clearest. You learned that a boy,「 e v e r the WILD ❜, fished you from the sea and kept you on bed rest for three days and two nights. You were hardly appreciative then. At first, everything was confusing and you spent more time crying than you did anything else. Convincing you to go outside was nigh impossible. Why would you want to? The place in which you had found yourself was hardly welcoming. You could hear, whenever people passed you by, the hushed rumors that the villagers spread. They claimed you were a Lorelei, a temptress from the sea, that your presence was nothing but an ill omen. But you had done nothing to these people, least of all a thing to deserve their suspicion and hatred. You were innocent and as lost as any child. Were it not for the company of 「 e v e r the WILD ❜, his mother, and 「 e v e r the CHARMER ❜, you would have sunk into despair. Even now, two months later, you can still not remember a thing. Yet you take solace in the kindness of these two strangers. Or maybe you can call them friends? You would very much like to think so. After all, it is through them that your own confidence has begun to grow. You have since picked for yourself a name and have been making the most of the life you now lead. It's not so bad, really. In fact, you are almost happy for it. Whatever your life may have been before, the pain of having lost it has certainly lessened. At the very least, you can say that this is far better than having never been found at all. You are almost afraid to imagine where you might have wound up if it were not for 「 e v e r the WILD ❜. He has even been kind enough to open his home to you.

xxx███ █ OPEN

xxxxxRETICENT xxxxx LONER xxxxx WOLFISH

「 e v e r the WILD

xxxxxm a l e xxxxxxx1 4 - 1 6 xxxxxxxi r o n

Born an only child, you are the son of a fisherman. Or you were, rather. It was during your mother's pregnancy that the sea claimed your father's life. Either because of pity or a sense of obligation, it was one of the village elders that seemed to take you beneath his wing. While not your biological father, he became the male role model in your life; he led you along the path that your father had once walked, guiding you toward the sea. It was something that your mother had mixed feelings about. All the same, you seemed called to it. Just as you were called toward 「 e v e r the CHARMER ❜. From the moment you were able to walk, you took to shadowing him. The two of you were inseparable, you going along with any and all of his harebrained ideas. Admiration, most just assumed. But it was something else. Something you knew was wrong. Your first crush was not on a girl. It was on 「 e v e r the CHARMER ❜. These feelings still persist, though is not something you've spoken of to anyone. In fact, it is a thing you hide quite well. Many of the villagers believe you have interest in 「 e v e r the EMOTIVE ❜ and that there may be some conflict brewing between you and 「 e v e r the CHARMER ❜, but they couldn't be more wrong. Two months ago, you caught 「 e v e r the EMOTIVE ❜, barely alive, in one of your fishing nets and brought her back to the village. She has been staying with you and your mother since then. Not because you have any interest in her but because you were the only ones willing to open your home to such a strange girl. You yourself have mixed feelings about 「 e v e r the EMOTIVE ❜. She is a nice girl, when she isn't busy crying. But you find her presence both suspicious and threatening. After all, you have been around 「 e v e r the CHARMER ❜ long enough to recognize that look in his eyes. It's more than just flirting. He really likes her. But where does that leave you?

xxx███ █ OPEN

xxxxxBUBBLY xxxxx PERCEPTIVE xxxxx RESENTFUL
                                          「 e v e r the LIVELY

xxxxxf e m a l e xxxxxxx1 2 - 1 4 xxxxxxxc r y s t a l

You are originally from the frozen lands of Tessam. Since the time of your birth, you have shown great skill with magic. It seems to be a thing that runs in your family, your mother before you also being a practitioner. While it should have been a boon, your brother begrudged you this gift for he had none. You often wished it would go away, if only so your brother would not despise you. But this was not to be, unfortunately. When you were six, your village in the ice was attacked by a group of faceless soldiers clad in black. Your parents were killed but you and your brother were dealt a much crueler hand. The soldiers took you from your home, took you from each other. Because of your special power, you were not sent away with the other children. You were shipped elsewhere. Yet while in transit to a destination unknown, the ship you were imprisoned on came under fire. A vessel that sailed with the flags of Mereia had interposed. Luckily, you (and many other girls who shared your affinity for magic) were rescued by 「 e v e r the HEROIC ❜ and his fellow officers. There was, however, nowhere for you to return to. You no longer had a home, your entire village razed from Tessam's shores. The only family you had left was your brother, and you had no way to know where he had been taken or if he were even still alive. 「 e v e r the HEROIC ❜, rather than leaving you to some orphanage in Mereia, fathered you instead. He was not frightened of your powers, like so many of those outside Tessam were. You had, for a time, lived with 「 e v e r the HEROIC ❜ in Mereia until the decision was made to leave it behind. 「 e v e r the HEROIC ❜ began a mercenary company, and at your insistence, were taken on as the first mercenary under him. It was exciting, you thought. Much better than spending time with all those stuffed shirts in the capital! But since forming it, the company has grown and you are no longer the only member. This is something that does not sit well with you. 「 e v e r the CYNIC ❜ has recently joined the ranks and you do not like the way she's been hanging off of your father. You constantly remind her that she is your subordinate, in spite of your age.

xxxxx███ █ OPEN

xxxxxRESOLUTE xxxxx INTELLIGENT xxxxx CHIVALROUS
                                          「 e v e r the HEROIC

xxxxxm a l e xxxxxxx2 6 - 2 8 xxxxxxxi r o n

You come from a privileged family. Your father was a Duke, the brother to Mereia's queen. You received the best education, the best training, the best upbringing. When you had finished your schooling, you just as quickly enrolled in the Naval academy. And, with unprecedented swiftness, you made the rank of Rear Admiral. While you received accolades for such an achievement, you knew full well you had only received it as a hand out. You were skilled, yes, but were quite undeserving of such a thing. Still, with your strong ties to the royal family, any other office was seen as beneath you. This was an annoyance. You had unjustly taken the position from a more suited officer and were being treated differently because of your station. Still, you served. During one of your engagements, you saved 「 e v e r the LIVELY ❜. Upon boarding the vessel of the Black Brigade, you found her. Unlike most of the other girls, who had somewhere to go, she did not. She was so young that you hoped to lessen her hurt by raising her as your own. Forget that you were still horribly young yourself. But, you had the resources to care for a child. It was upon finishing your service that you made the decision not to return. Instead, you took「 e v e r the LIVELY ❜ with you and moved from Al'Ruth. You wanted to make a name for yourself, without having things handed to you on a silver platter. Yet serving the people was still your mission. So, you founded a mercenary company. You sell your sword to those in need. Though, the term 'sell' you apply very loosely. Too often, you waive fees and take on requests free of charge. You have even allowed 「 e v e r the LIVELY ❜ to fight alongside you. It's much easier than trying to leave her at home, for she would just as soon follow you. At least with her there, you are able to watch over and protect her. But you two are no longer alone. Over the months, you have gained a new member. 「 e v e r the CYNIC ❜, a woman who you had never met before, appeared. She first demanded that you return to the navy but when you refused, she changed her mind and asked to join the company instead. After seeing her impressive skills, you were more than happy to hire her. 「 e v e r the LIVELY ❜ does not share your sentiment, though. You are constantly having to play intermediary for the two girls.

xxxxx███ █ OPEN

xxxxxVULGAR xxxxx SARCASTIC xxxxx REALISTIC
                                          「 e v e r the CYNIC

xxxxxf e m a l e xxxxxxx2 3 - 2 5 xxxxxxxi r o n

Hailing from one of the smaller towns in Mereia, you have never really been all that 'lady-like'. While other little girls were planning their weddings, you were out climbing trees. Playing house was the last thing you wanted to do. Your interest lied in your father's sword and, as he would have his son, he trained you in the art of swordplay. Relatively quickly, you became good. Yet there was hardly anything on which to use your skills. Nothing ever happened in Endell. So, when you reached adulthood, and all your friends had gone and settled down to start their own families, you were too happy to leave. What kind of a life was it to just look after the house and raise children? Not a life you wanted. You were never one to play to any sort of gender role. You left Endell behind and moved to Al'Ruth, where you became a naval officer. It was here that you got your first glimpse of 「 e v e r the HEROIC ❜, the Rear Admiral. What you saw in him was the epitome of all a commander should be; intelligent, decisive. Under someone like him, you would have been happy to fight. Unfortunately, you were much too late. By the time you had your first assignment in hand, you found that 「 e v e r the HEROIC ❜ had resigned. Any longer, you did not care to serve under anyone that wasn't him. You abandoned your post and after a few months of following leads, you eventually tracked him down. It was your intention to drag him back to the Navy. When you found 「 e v e r the HEROIC ❜, he had formed a piss poor excuse of a mercenary company. Of which he and 「 e v e r the LIVELY ❜ were the only members. This was pretty laughable. When he refused to take up the mantle of Rear Admiral again, you instead offered your services. It was your hope that you would eventually change his mind, but until then, you would tag along. All you had to do was show him a few flourishes with your blade and you were in. What you didn't anticipate, though, was that the company is nearly broke. Your dashing Rear Admiral continually takes on jobs without any pay and it has begun to drive you insane. How does he expect you all to live? Just on hope and fairy dust? You're all for helping those in need, but you're also in favor of eating. Were the money situation not enough to make you snappy, 「 e v e r the LIVELY ❜ sure as hell is. She's way too possessive of 「 e v e r the HEROIC ❜ and, just to piss her off, you make it a point to hang off him whenever she's looking.

xxxxx███ █ OPEN

xxxxxOBSESSIVE xxxxx UNSTABLE xxxxx FORCEFUL

「 e v e r the HUNTING

xxxxxm a l e xxxxxxx? ? ? xxxxxxxc r y s t a l

❜ Released from his seal over a decade ago.
                                          ❜ Is the only known Talem'ri still in existence.
                                          ❜ Has been searching far and wide for the Mana Stone.
                                          ❜ Is the leader of the Black Brigade.
                                          ❜ Has been tainted by the Mana Stone's influence.
                                          ❜ Can command the powers of darkness.
                                          ❜ Is at least a thousand years old.
                                          ❜ Has become increasingly unstable over the years.
                                          ❜ Harbors a misguided infatuation for the dead Eronat.
                                          ❜ Wishes to restore the kingdom he lost beneath the sea.

xxxxxRUTHLESS xxxxx LOYAL xxxxx GUILEFUL

「 e v e r the DEVOTE

xxxxxf e m a l e xxxxxxx2 7 xxxxxxxi r o n

❜ A member of the Black Brigade.
                                          ❜ Was made the General of its forces.
                                          ❜ Commands the respect of many soldiers through intimidation.
                                          ❜ Is in love with 「 e v e r the HUNTING
                                          ❜ Has been serving him for nearly seven years.
                                          ❜ Wields an impossibly large ball and chain.
                                          ❜ Hates 「 e v e r the VEILED ❜ with a passion.
                                          ❜ Has taken a young Terammian boy under her wing.
                                          ❜ Relies heavily on her womanly wiles to get what she wants.
                                          ❜ Speaks with a thick accent.

xxxxxTALKATIVE xxxxx PETTY xxxxx NARCISSISTIC

「 e v e r the VEILED

xxxxxm a l e xxxxxxx2 3 xxxxxxxi r o n

❜ Loves the sound of his own voice.
                                          ❜ Constantly tries to get under 「 e v e r the HUNTING ❜'s skin.
                                          ❜ Never takes his job seriously.
                                          ❜ Serves directly beneath 「 e v e r the HUNTING ❜.
                                          ❜ Acts like a spoiled brat more times than not.
                                          ❜ Fights using a halberd made of black silver.
                                          ❜ Was forced into the Black Brigade at the age of 13.
                                          ❜ Is a serious germaphobe.
                                          ❜ Loathes the Mereian royal family for reasons unknown.
                                          ❜ Is entirely blind without his glasses.

APPLICATION
                                                    xxxxxxxxxx( l e t ' s x k e e p x t h i s x b r i e f )

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=24][b][url=YOURSAMPLESHERE][color=white][u][color=#562040]USERNAME[/color][/u][/color][/url][/b] [i]!![/i][/size][/list][/list]
                                                    [size=14][color=#562040]★[/color] 「 [color=#C9496C]ROLE[/color][/size]
                                                    [list][list][size=10]Who are you applying for?[/size][/list][/list]
                                                    [size=14][color=#562040]★[/color] 「 [color=#C9496C]INTRODUCTION[/color][/size]
                                                    [list][list][size=10]Tell us about yourself. The nicknames you go by, your availability, and anything else you might care to share.[/size][/list][/list]
                                                    [size=14][color=#562040]★[/color] 「 [color=#C9496C]CHARACTER[/color][/size]
                                                    [list][list][size=10]What drew you to this particular character? How do you envision this character to be?[/size][/list][/list]
                                                    [size=14][color=#562040]★[/color] 「 [color=#C9496C]SAMPLE[/color][/size]
                                                    [list][list][size=10]Write a sample post for the character you're applying for. This should be in the first person. It doesn't need to be long. Just something to show you have a grasp of the character.[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

xxxxxxxxxx( a l l x t h a t x y o u x n e e d x t o x k n o w )

xxxIf you have been given the go ahead, you may begin work on your profile. The code can be found here. After all roles have at least one applicant, a due date will be set.

DUE DATES
                                                    xxxxxxxxxx( t h e x c l o c kx i s x t i c k i n g x a w a y )

e v e r the CHARMER
                                                    xxxusername | DUE DATE

e v e r the EMOTIVE
                                                    xxxusername | DUE DATE

e v e r the WILD
                                                    xxxusername | DUE DATE

e v e r the LIVELY
                                                    xxxusername | DUE DATE

e v e r the HEROIC
                                                    xxxusername | DUE DATE

e v e r the CYNIC
                                                    xxxusername | DUE DATE

MEREIA
                                                    xxxxxxxxxx( w o r d x w o r d x w o r d x w o r d x w o r d )

xxxThe largest nation in the world and a religious center for the Church of Eronat. Mereia is comprised of two larger islands, considered to be Mereia proper. The smaller outlying islets (almost too numerable to count) that have since fallen under Mereia's control are also considered territories in spite of their distance from the 'mainland'; some are hundreds of miles offshore. Yet there is a vast difference between these territories and the nation itself. Namely being the level of advancement. While the people who live beyond Mereia's immediate influence lead very simple lives, the country itself is a technological wonder. It is known to have great institutes. Even the everyday citizens are more learned than the majority of people elsewhere on the sea. Not surprising that their navy, too, is far renowned. It is said to be the best in the world. Mereia is also home to His Majesty, Odene the VI.

AL'RUTH
                                                        xxxThe capital of the nation of Mereia. Even within the bounds of Mereia's borders, Al'Ruth is a cut above the rest. The city is affluent, many of high society calling it home. Even the king, Odene the VI, resides within Al'Ruth, along with many other members of the royal family. Al'Ruth is also a place of great knowledge, people from across the globe coming to study. Within the city alone are three separate institutes and numerous branches of Mereia's military. The largest of which is the Mereian Navy. Al'Ruth, with it's large bay and many ports, makes it the perfect place for the fleet.

ENDELL
                                                        xxxA small farming community further inland, some thirty miles from Al'Ruth. It straddles a river that flows directly into Al'Ruth's bay. Most of the inhabitants of Endell are farmers and ranchers. The food they grow and make is shipped to Al'Ruth and then to other parts of the nation. Endell keeps much of Mereia well fed.

TESSAM

xxxOne of the small nations to the high north. Tessam is a place blanketed nine months out of the year in snow. Because of its harsher environment, the relative population of the nation is small. Cities and towns are separated by vast distances, people cut off from one another. It is ruled over by Her Majesty, Anveen Salent. Outside of Tessam's bounds, however, the queen is most often referred to as the Snow Witch. And for good reason. She has command over the element of ice. This magic is not limited to just its ruler. For whatever reason, Tessam has the highest concentration of magic users in the world. Perhaps because of the much more limited gene pool; it is not often that those native to Tessam move abroad.

LORIATH
                                                        xxxThe frozen capital of Tessam. The city is a marvel in its own right. Everything, be they homes, streets, or the palace itself, have been carved from the ice of the inhospitable tundra. It is a place where, even under the brightest light of day, nothing seems to melt. The magic of Her Majesty sees that the city remains standing while others with the gift of crystal see that homes are warmed by flameless heat and light is provided without the need of any electricity. Loriath is another world unto itself, though a thing very few foreigners ever have the chance to see. Which is a shame, for its beauty is something that should be shared.

CYLEETA
                                                        xxxOnce a lively village upon Tessam's shores, it was burned to the ground years ago when the Black Brigade attacked. Nothing remains now, save for the charred and blackened remnants of what were once homes and businesses. During the winter, even these are buried beneath the snow. It is only during the brief summer that Cyleeta's ruins can be seen.

IBARI ARCHIPELAGO

xxxA large chain of islands that are situated just south of the equator. There are thousands of islands in the archipelago, though only a small handful of them are inhabited by people. Most of the islands are lifeless rocks that jut from the sea, but a few have the necessities for life; freshwater springs, namely. The people who inhabit these islands are generally primitive, living in simple huts without any knowledge of things like electricity. Even the largest of these villages only supports about one hundred people. Most can go their entire lives without seeing a foreigner. For this and other reasons, these people are usually a superstitious bunch.

ASUADI
                                                        xxxOne of the remote islands in the Ibari Archipelago, home to a small village of fisherman and craftspeople. It is a place governed by a group of tribal elders and a single chief. The villagers are a relatively peaceful people, though not without their superstitions and beliefs. Asuadi most often has contact with the few other villages that dot the archipelago, though beyond that, they do not venture. They know nothing of the Mereia, the use of crystal, or the advances of the rest of the world.

MONTH 00 20XX
                                                    xxxxxxxxxx( w h a t x i s x g o i n g x o n x h e r e )

xxxThis is an update.

WHO ARE THE TALEM'RI?
                                                    xxxxxxxxxx( i x m a y x h a v e x t h e x a n s w e r )

xxxThey were a people that inhabited the world before it was drowned beneath the modern day ocean. They were essentially human, thought with a few features that separated them from the race. For one, they had pointed ears. For another, they had four digits instead of the five that humans do. Other than these two things, they were physically the same. What makes them so different is their affinity for magic. They could draw on the earth's natural mana and bend it to their will. It is something that your average human can not do.

WHAT ARE CRYSTAL AND IRON FOR?

xxxEach character has been given either iron or crystal. These denote the type of combat that the individual specializes in. Iron means that they wield a physical weapon, such as a sword. If they have crystal, it means that they are capable of performing magic. While most humans can't manage this, a special few are able to. Why? Because, somewhere along the way, one of their ancestors bred with a Talem'ri. It can be thought of as a recessive gene, sometimes skipping generations; a mother may not have any magical inclination but her son can. This is, of course, assuming that there is a trace of Talem'ri in their lineage.

IF RARHIEL IS SO OLD, WHY HASN'T HE AGED?

xxxDuring the time that Rarhiel had the Mana Stone in his possession, it imbued him with unlimited power. Even when it was taken from him, and he was sealed away, he had already been in contact with the stone and was himself filled with mana. This lingering power is what keeps him from aging physically.

WHAT'S THE LEVEL OF TECHNOLOGY?

xxxThe world in which Liminality is set has a mixture of technologies. In places such as Mereia, which is a technological wonder, there is running water, electricity, and impressive machines; large scale computing devices, vehicles that hover rather than roll down the street, and a number of other advancements. But on most islands and in villages, these things are relatively unknown. While those in Mereia may be use to all sorts of things, those living beyond its influence aren't. Hence the term 'village'. It's very rural living. In spite of the advanced technology in Mereia, this does not mean televisions or cell phones exist. The only parallels to the things in our world should be plumbing and lights, really.

CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHAT THE CALAMITY IS?

xxxThe Calamity refers to the ancient flood and the events that had led up to it; Rarhiel's possession of the Mana Stone and Eronat's sacrifice. It's a term coined by the Church of Eronat, really.

WHAT'S THE BLACK BRIGADE?

xxxA group of soldiers clad in black from head to toe. They have, for the last ten years or so, been attacking random nations and islands without provocation. Mostly, when they strike, the men are killed, the women enslaved, and the children taken. These children are forced into the ranks and become soldiers themselves. A select few of the these kids who are taken are not made to join the army, however. They are always girls who show an affinity for magic. Instead, they are sent to an unknown location for whatever reason.

SO, WHERE'S THE MANA STONE NOW?

xxxThat's for me to know and you to find out.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ = #290C2A
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ = #562040
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ = #9A3D58
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ = #C9496C

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items