Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to endless REBIRTH, a role play catering to fantasy with some Norse flare. The RP takes place in an alternate world plagued by the scourge that is humanity. Mortals endlessly thrust the land into imbalance, forcing the Valkyries to intervene and amend the travesty. One such Goddess, with the aid of her companions, has since gone rogue, refusing to allow mankind to be the victims of circumstance yet again.

If your interest has been piqued at all, then please scroll down and enjoy the thread or join us in the OOC for some mindless chatter. Otherwise, you can click the handy back button and exit entirely.

██ OWNER fallen - - BEELZEBUB
                                ██ INSPIRATION Odin Sphere | Radiata Stories | Valkyrie Profile
                                ██ GENRE Action | Drama | Fantasy | Mythology
                                ██ SKILL LEVEL Lazy literate (400+ words)
                                ██ STATUS Open && Full

ICxxxOOCxxxPT

NO.one ; LITERACY
                                xxxxxxx██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxA N D xx T H E xx C I R C L E xx S T A R T S xx A G A I N
                                If you noted the very first post, the minimum length that will be accepted for a reply is 400 words. While the required length is relatively short, I am expecting quality in exchange. The word 'literate' has multiple definitions. The most common to come to mind is simply having the ability to read and write. But here, I have used it in the sense of showing skill in the techniques of writing. This means you should know how to properly express yourself. You should use complete sentences without running on. You should know the difference between homonyms; ie there, their, and they're. You should make use of proper grammar without flip-flopping between tenses. All of that and, most importantly, you should be generally competent.

NO.two ; TERMS OF SERVICE
                                Keep things PG-13. Romance, violence, and everything in between is welcome. I don't care if you have same gender pairings and I don't care if you want to make characters fight or swear. All that I care about is keeping it tame for the impressionable youths that may be lurking the thread. I don't want to see characters having sex left and right. Chances are, I won't be giving the characters much alone time as it is. If you want your character to like someone, have at it. I'm not even going to tell you to time skip because sex shouldn't be happening here. End of story. The detail for your blood and gore should also be kept low. There are artful ways to convey bloodshed without making it completely traumatic to the readers.

NO.three ; APPLYING
                                If you would like to apply for a role, all you have to do is pick a character and turn in a reserve. Once you have filled this out, send it to me, fallen - - BEELZEBUB, via PM. I don't care what you title the message; I'm not going to play Hide and Seek or try to fool you with white text. However, in the application you will be asked to provide some samples of your writing. This is a quality check, plain and simple. If and when I have given your application the okay, you can begin working on your profile. The link to which is provided in a later post.

NO.four ; DEDICATION
                                This is meant to be a long term RP. If you are applying, please be sure that you have the time to dedicate to this. Don't send in an application if your only intention is to hang around for a day or two before moving on to the next best thing. I understand that people lose interest and that things creep up without warning. If such is the case, and you have to drop, just do it on a high note. All I want is a heads up. I won't be upset if you can't continue. On a similar note, if you are going to be gone for an extended period, please let me know in advance. If I have no clue where you are, I may assume that you have disappeared and remove you from the RP. To avoid losing your character unnecessarily, just drop me a line.

NO.five ; POSTING
                                You are expected to reply as the need demands. If someone is waiting on a response from you, please work on one. It's that simple. Generally speaking, from the moment your partner get up their response and you are next in line, the clock starts ticking. If you fail to post within 30 days from the time of your partner, you will be removed from the thread. You will not be given a warning. By reading this, you should already be aware of the conditions. I expect you to be mature enough to know how to manage your time and keep track of things yourself. I am not here to be your babysitter or handle you with kid gloves. More over, I don't want people to think that they are irreplaceable and exempt from the rules.

NO.six ; OUT OF CHARACTER
                                Finally, do not post OOC comments in the IC thread. If you have something to say, please say it in to the OOC. That's why we have one; so the In Character will remain clean and professional. If you post OOC comments anywhere outside the OOC, I will delete them.

A lust for power.

An overwhelming sense of greed.

A life lived in excess.

These are the constants; things that continuously spell ruin for mankind. And, as if caught in an endless cycle, the same atrocities are repeated without rhyme or reason. There are no exceptions and even less hope for redemption. The only thing that is certain in this cruel and unkind world is the cold embrace of death, as it is preordained by the divine that man will inevitably bring about their own destruction, as they have countless times in ages long past. It is something that humanity is never given the chance to win. But, it is not quite the end, for where one curtain falls, another rises.

Welcome to Midgard.

In the center of the world lies Luan, the most prosperous Kingdom in the land. It is home to the mortals. There, they have erected grand buildings of stone and mortar, created blades of tempered steel, and even shown dominance over the earth herself; creating dams, manmade lakes, aqueducts, and all manner of things in their ceaseless march forward. They fancy it as 'progress', but most others in the realm see it as an affront upon nature. For humanity is not alone.

Within deep forests, hidden in the crags of the rocky mountains, tucked away in the bowels of the earth, live the Faerie Creatures. Each race, having seized command over their own kingdoms, tend to go about their daily lives in the shadows of mankind. By comparison, they are simple things. And they rarely wish to have anything to do with mortal kind, choosing to spend their time in relative solitude and isolation.

Of course, with the constant encroachment of humanity and their ever expanding populace, it was always impossible for the less advanced races to continue on this way indefinitely. Unlike the Fae, who were content to live on as they were, humanity seemed to have other ambitions. They longed to establish trade and commerce with the fellow inhabitants of their world. They wished to expand and grow as a society; to further education and their understanding of all things; other races included. Some of the Faerie Creatures were reluctant, but open to the idea. Others, however, were not, and opposed the very notion from the very outset.

One such Kingdom was that of Adira, dwelling place of the Vulcans.

Their ancient tribe were the guardians of legends, for many had lived countless eons. The tales were not something passed on from one generation to the next, details getting lost in the cracks, embellished over the years, or forgotten through the ages. They were something that had been lived. The tribal elders had long since watched the cycle of death and rebirth that plagued man and wanted nothing to do with creatures they deemed 'cursed'.

This animosity had been boiling since the entrance of man upon the plane of Midgard. Time could not mend the enmity and it should have come as no surprise when violence broke out and campaigns were launched. Mortal man was an abomination. They altered the world to their own design and expected the other races to bend and conform to their will, which was something that the Vulcans could not abide. Humanity was an affliction that they wished to eradicate. And their tribe was not the only race to follow a similar train of thought. Many among the Fae believed the same, although perhaps not as passionately.

This hostility and blatant anger brought about numerous confrontations between the unwitting mortals and the other races, without a distinctive winner ever rising from the ashes. Wars were fought but to no avail; for all their strength, the Vulcans could never commit a complete genocide. Mankind was too large in number and had far greater technology on their side. The advancement that the Faerie Creatures so despised was the very thing that kept Humanity from falling prey to their aggressions.

However, none of this had gone unnoticed by the God of War, and King of Gods, Odin. In the realm of Asgard, he holds court over Valhalla, and at his command are the Valkyries; battle hardened maidens that bring the spirits of earthly warriors to the heavens. Each Goddess holds dominion over an earthly race, serving as their guardian and protector. One for the Elves. A second for the Dwarves. Another for the Vulcans. And a final Valkyrie for Man.

Being ageless things, having existed from the point of creation, it had been observed countless times; the mortals were always at the center of hostilities within the realm of Midgard, seemingly throwing the world out of balance and causing nothing but unrest among the other creatures within the realm of Midgard. They called to mind nothing but negative images, and soon came to be labeled the bane of all existence. They were a plague, even in the eyes of the Gods.

Whenever the hostilities grew too great, and the whole of the world was in turmoil, Odin ordered for their extinction. From Asgard descended the presiding Valkyrie, her mission clear. Mankind and all their great accomplishments during their short lives were to be wiped from the face of the earth. Then, when order had finally returned, and all living traces of the mortal scourge had been lost to the ebb and flow of time, they were given another chance. Man was restored to the world to begin anew. This was their gift and curse.

And the circle starts again.

NO.one ; HUMANS
                                In essence, humanity is caught in a cycle of death and rebirth. They were placed upon the earth among the Faerie Creatures but unlike most of the other races, their life spans are relatively short. 100 years is all you get. Assuming you're lucky. The Elves and Vulcans, on the other hand, are much longer lived than Mankind. But despite this, Humanity proves itself time and time again to be the most advanced. With such a fleeting existence, they are driven by a thirst for knowledge and curiosity. Something that the ageless races can't seem to wrap their heads around.

Because of this misunderstanding, Humanity comes across as childish and greedy, producing a sense of loathing among the others. They have become the scapegoat and labeled a plague upon the earth time and time again. Because of this, and because they find themselves at the center of most of the hatred and aggression, Mankind is constantly made the victim by the Gods. Humanity has been through this sequence of events countless times now, and always has to start over from scratch after the Valkyrie has returned them to the realm of Midgard. Unlike some of the other races, humanity has no recollection of any of this. With a clean slate, they have to begin anew, reinventing and relearning everything that their race had previously accomplished.

Alternately, you may be wondering why they are always returned to the Earth if they are so despised by everyone. And the answer is quite the simple one; because I say so. The Gods work in mysterious ways and all that. If you really want an answer, just assume that the loss of the fourth race/power would cause some sort of cataclysm because Midgard would be out of balance.

NO.two ; ELVES
                                The Elves are a race that remain hidden within the Forest of Emeth. They are tall and willowy things, sporting tapered ears and an inherent connection to nature and the world around them. Their kind tends to be the most reclusive of all the Faerie Creatures, avoiding Humanity at all costs. They shun anything manmade and are even less approving of the dilution of their Elven blood. They are sticklers for tradition and anything foreign and new is strictly forbidden. Many that have broken the creeds laid out by the Elders are excommunicated and banished from the realm entirely. So as to avoid contamination, they build lofty cities in the canopies of the trees, far from the reach of those underfoot. Of course, the race as a whole is not fond of Mankind or their destructive ways, and are usually the first to assist the Vulcans in times of war.

NO.three ; VULCANS
                                The tribe of volcano dwellers, the Vulcans, are the most ancient of the races in the realm of Midgard. Their life expectancy exceeds even that of the Elves. In fact, they can theoretically live forever, so long as they have a source of heat to rekindle their internal fire. For this reason, they make their home within the bowels of a natural crucible; the lava fields of Adira. The Vulcans also have dual guises. One is their mortal-like appearance, while the other is something far more intimidating. Being creatures of fire and brimstone, they can return to their natural state, which is just that; their bodies are grotesque conglomerations of liquid and hardened magma. As long as the fire within doesn't go out, they will not die. And it is well known among all that the Vulcans harbor a deep seated hatred for their human neighbors. Then again, they seem to think less of all the other Faerie Creatures as well. Mankind simply gets the brunt of their anger as they happen to be the nearest.

NO.four ; LITERACY
                                The Dwarves, small, gnarled, and bearded creatures, prefer to remain in caves and other such structures. A large pocket of them have since made the Ruins of Ther into their place of residence, taking advantage of the many hallows and tunnels dug out by predecessors. The Dwarves are not known for their great intellect but rather their skills in blacksmithing. Even a Dwarven apprentice would be a cut above a Human master. For this reason, and because of their comparatively more receptive attitude, trade between mortals and dwarves is possible. The Dwarves will often trade their finely crafted weapons and armors in exchange for liquor and other commodities. Yet still, they are a hard lot to deal with. They are gruff, ornery, and perpetually drunk. Some have even gone so far as to say that their race has an inherent dependency on alcohol and they are far more dangerous when sober. But in regard to their true allegiance in the grand scheme of things, they do not take either side. Unless bribed one way or the other, of course.

NO.five ; VALKYRIE
                                The Valkyrie are the 'choosers of the slain'. Any woman may become a Valkyrie if Odin so desires it. She doe not expressly need to be a warrior, unlike the souls the Valkyrie bring to Valhalla. The qualifications may be as shallow as her unworldly beauty. Still, others are actually capable fighters. There are countless Valkyrie within Asgard, their sole duty to ferry souls of slain warriors from Midgard and to the heavens. Yet a select four of these Valkyrie have an additional duty. These four are named the patron of one of the races of Midgard. In the event that the race over which they preside throws the world out of balance, they have the power to clean the slate and birth their race anew upon Midgard. The Valkyrie that presides over the humans was once human herself, the Valkyrie charged with overseeing the Vulcans once a Vulcan maiden. And so it goes, a Dwarf serving as sentinel for her one time people and an Elf watching the children of the earth.

NO.six ; CREATURES
                                While the four main races are considered the dominant species in the land, there are still other beings. Goblins, griffins, orcs, harpies, manticores, and all manner of other beasts roam, making their homes in the forests and fields. Some of these creatures are relatively benign while others thirst for nothing more than blood. These beings, while some exhibit intelligence, don't possess souls and therefore are exempt from the rebirth cycle, unlike the four primary species.

NO.seven ; GUILDS
                                Within Luan there has been established four main Guilds. The citizens usually put out requests and work orders, which the members of these Guilds can then fulfill. Be it a simple monster hunt, a request for a certain item, or something far more dangerous, rewards are given upon completion. This is the way most members make a living. A percentage of these earnings are deducted by the Guild itself, in order to keep the organization up and operational. Whatever is left is then paid to the Guild member. If one is willing to take on assignments, then they can make a very good living this way. Each Guild is different, however, and acceptance into each varies from group to group.

NO.eight ; MAGES GUILD
                                The Mages Guild, found in the eastern district of Luan, caters to the magically inclined. They specialize in all things arcane and offer practical training and schooling to those that wish to become a certified Mage. Classes and lectures are held on a daily basis, numerous professors of renown working within the Guild itself. The institute boasts a grand library, an observatory, cafeteria, and many other amenities, all in an effort to foster a thirst for knowledge and to make such things available to the general public. Newly inducted members to the Guild begin their schooling immediately, being taught the basic schools of magic. And, as it turns out, it is a lot of memorization.

NO.nine ; WARRIORS GUILD
                                The Warrior's Guild can be found in the western district of Luan, in the shadow of the castle. It is mainly for those looking to brandish a sword, and brandish it well. The rules and regulations within the Warrior's Guild are far more lax than what you might find if you were to attempt enlisting with the Royal Knights. Many a person who has failed the Knight Selection Trials has then wandered to the Warrior's Guild, thinking it would be an easier option. This is not quite true, though. New members are put through their paces, just as would be expected. Any fool can wave around a sword but it takes someone with skill to wield it well. Although, unlike with the Royal Knights, the Warrior's Guild offers far less in way of frills and perks. The Guild itself is divided into Squads, newer recruits usually finding themselves in the lowest of positions. They must then work their way up through the ranks if they want to make a name for themselves and gain access to the better paying assignments.

NO.ten ; THIEVES GUILD
                                The Thieves' Guild is home to those of less than honorable repute. The group itself is found in the southern reaches of Luan. It does not have a true address, since forming an established base of operation would be ill advised, given the nature of the Guild itself. Still, the entire organization is managed and run within the slums. Joining this particular group is far trickier than the others. In fact, it is not even a registered Guild; Luan does not recognize it and offers the group no benefits. Which also means that they can not be taxed, leaving the members with far more gold in their pockets after completing an assignment. Rather, they are labeled little more than a gang of thugs or street rats and are constantly under the Royal Guard's watchful eye. Still, many within Luan call upon the Guild's services, even if it is against the law to do so. A number of the requests that come into the Thieves Guild to begin with are shady; it is a great place to find yourself an assassin and the like.

NO.eleven ; PRIESTS GUILD
                                Lastly, and in the north of Luan, is the Priests Guild. It is an established Order of Clerics who dedicate themselves to healing and magics of a holy nature. This particular Guild has quite the open door policy and will typically accept anyone that wishes to apply. Room and board are provided, and daily chores are assigned, on top of meditation and morning prayers. This is all in addition to the regular assignments of the Order; the services of this particular Guild are always called upon, priests and priestess in high demand amongst the people of Luan. Having a competent healer around is always a must.

NO.twelve ; MYTHOLOGY
                                Since I threw around words like 'Midgard' and all else in the story, I figured I might as well explain those terms. In Norse mythology, Midgard is one of nine worlds unified by the World Tree, Yggdrasill. There are three worlds within the heavens, another three in the middle [ours being one of them], and then three below. Midgard is the plane on which we humans live. The Gods, alternately known as the Aesir, live in a realm of their own. This realm is known as Asgard, and within Asgard are many 'halls'. One of which is Valhalla; the Hall of the Slain. It is a place where the Einherjar feast with Odin, the King of the Gods. These Einherjar are spirits of fallen warriors who were killed in battle, and brought to Asgard by the Valkyrie. They basically eat their fill each night in preparation of Ragnarok. Ragnarok is, in simple terms, the end of the world. A great battle, in which the Einherjar are meant to take part in, is said to occur. By the end, the world is suppose to be submerged in water and rise anew. At which time, two surviving humans will repopulate the earth. There is far more to it and I'm watering everything down, but as none of it is important for the plot of our story anyway, there's no sense in going into it.

NO.thirteen ; MAGIC
                                Everyone in the roleplay is capable of using magic. Whether you can use it well is the true question. The Mages Guild teaches people how to harness their latent abilities and get a broader understanding of how their inner magic works. And much like with art or any other skill, some are naturally gifted while others struggle. For the most part, the only people able to make good use of their magic are those that have studied extensively. Most have to memorize lengthy incantations in order to draw on their own powers. But, if given enough time and practice, the incantation process can be rendered moot and spells can be cast by thought and will alone. That, and depending on how adept you are with magic to begin with, all affects your level of ability.

As for those that specialize in healing, it is slightly different. Rather than drawing on powers within, Clerics call upon the divine for their aid. Prayers are usually said in lieu of magical incantations. How well healing magic works depends solely on the caster. The clearer their mind, the more at peace the invidual is, and their level of faith, all factor into how well the spells can be cast.

NO.fourteen ; EXTRA
                                If you have any further questions, since I can't possibly cover everything here, feel free to ask me in the OoC or via Private Message. I will try to provide an answer as soon as possible and to the best of my ability.

NO.one ; LUAN
                                The capital of the human kingdom. It is the hub of the mortal world, a center of trade and commerce. The city is broken into four sectors. To the north is the Blue Water District, home of the Priest Guild. The district itself supports shopping, living accommodations, many apothecaries, and medical clinics. It is usually a first stop on any traveler's itinerary, simply because you can pick up a plethora of healing supplies and salves for a long journey. To the south of the city lies the slums, where the destitute and homeless tend to gather. It is a stark contrast to the Blue Water District, and has a horrible reputation. Among locals, it is affectionately known as the Cesspool. Many avoid the place entirely, especially after sunset. If you are willing to brave it, though, you can find black market shops selling finely crafted weapons and armor on the cheap. If you would rather avoid the dregs of human society, however, heading to the west of town is your best bet. It is here, in the Morningstar District, that the Castle lies, brigades of Royal Knights and Guards always on patrol. The Warrior's Guild is also in this sector, amidst the numerous inns and restaurants that line the cobblestone streets. Accessory shops and armories can too be located here, but their prices are often steep. Lastly, and to the east, is the Liana District. It plays host to the Mage's Guild, the area littered with places selling bizarre and uncommon wares. Most notably are the enchantment shops. If you wish to have a weapon upgraded, enchantments can be placed upon them. For a price.

NO.two ; PLAINS OF YMIR
                                A pleasant expanse of lush and rolling hills that are found to the south of Luan. The area is ripe for agriculture, getting plenty of rainfall and sunshine. On top of this, it is also very near the Fields of Adira, activity from the neighboring lava flows making the soil fertile and prime for growing crops and raising any number of livestock. Because of this, many small settlements have sprung up throughout Ymir's sprawling landscape in order to make use of the rich farmland. Most of the villages that are scattered throughout Ymir are undersized, consisting of little more than a handful of individual families, at best. These communities tend to remain self sufficient, offering little in way of amusements, shops, or accommodations. At the very best, you can hope to stay in the barn of a kindly farmer for a night, or find a traveling merchant or two peddling wares while on their routine trips to and from the Plains. There is really nothing to see, and those that are not farming or ranching tend to simply pass through the area without incident while on their way from Luan to either the Emerald Coast or the Fields of Adira.

NO.three ; FIELDS OF ADIRA
                                Upon leaving the Plains of Ymir, one can find themselves approaching the Fields of Adira. They are the true domain of Fire, where the Vulcans tend to dwell. Most of this area, found in the south east of the continent, is a barren land. There are steep upheavals of volcanic rock and razor sharp lava fields that stretch for staggering distances, making travel across the uneven terrain slow and often hazardous. With the constant belching of ash and magma from the resident volcano, hardly anything is allowed time to grow before it is covered with a new layer. For any normal person, the conditions are harsh and leave much to be desired. For the Vulcan tribe, however, it is perfect. They are fine in the sweltering heat and choking gases that leak from fissures in the earth, and literally live off the constant volcanic activity. There are numerous caverns and hollows within the ground as well, old lava flows that have since been gouged out. Most Vulcans spend their entire lives underground, near the source of fire and life eternal. They have established a vast network of tunnels, all that spiral toward a central hub. It is here, beneath the surface and out of the light of the sun, that they have established their main homestead.

NO.four ; EMERALD COAST
                                To the east of Luan is the Emerald Coast. There is no direct path to the sea, a small range of mountains blocking the most direct of routes. Many take the long, yet infinitely safer, detour through the Plains of Ymir. It is an expanse of mostly virgin beaches and unspoiled beauty. In recent years, however, many in the high society of Luan have been traveling and staking claims upon plots of land, setting up extravagant secondary homes, from which they vacation when the mood strikes. As a result of the sudden popular trend, private estates have been popping up with increasing regularity in the rocky hills overlooking the sea, tucked into the blooms of green. The allure is far too much to resist, but it is only these wealthy aristocrats that can afford to remain. And with the rich also came the entrepreneurs, who wished to exploit the Emerald Coast and all its bounties. One savvy company in particular has made it their mission to turn a small portion of the beachfront property into a resort, so as to draw a wave of wealthy tourists to their doors. On top of this, they are also offering ferry rides to the Suur Geyser. Presently, they are charging an arm and a leg, so only the most affluent are able to make the short journey across the sea.

NO.five ; SUUR GEYSER
                                With the proximity to the Fields of Adira, the Emerald Coast is littered with small volcanic islands. One of which is Suur. This particular isle was purchased and has since become the main draw of a growing business and resort. A geyser and bubbling springs litter the small patch of rock, and because of this, it has been turned into a therapeutic hot spring and spa. Many have come to believe that the waters of the Suur Geyser and the hot springs themselves have the power to heal any ailment or disease. Truth be told, this is nothing more than a gimmick that has been perpetrated by the resort founders in an effort to swindle people out of their money and increase tourism. Of course, for those that see money as no option, they have simply come to think of the hot springs as another fleeting amusement. It is a novelty in the world and a mark of status. At least for the moment.

NO.six ; RUINS OF THER
                                To the west, and in the steep mountains, the Dwarves reside. Rather than building fancy structures, a vast number of them take up residence in the long forgotten ruins of man's previous incarnations. The Ruins of Ther are one such place, the buildings having sat abandoned for well over six centuries now, yet still remain standing defiantly. They were carved directly into the rock face, serving to protect and preserve them from time and the battering of the natural elements. At least for the most part. Age and the centuries of neglect have not left them in pristine condition. From a distance, the buildings appear to be little more than blemishes upon the mountain, but closer inspection reveals them for what they are; decaying ruins. Ther itself is not impossible to reach, but given that the Dwarves dwell within the crags of the range, most common folk have no reason to ever venture there. Although, some daring commercial dealers make the trip, simply to barter with the voracious little creatures. And given the intrinsically greedy nature of the Dwarves, it is safe to assume that a great many treasures are hidden within the crumbling walls of Ther. It is attempting to get your hands on these treasures that is the hard part.

NO.seven ; TEMPLE OF RAAVK
                                In the small range of mountains to the east, that separates man from sea, lies the Temple of Raavk. It was once a remote abbey, a pilgrimage point for devout followers of an old Order. If one managed to reach the temple, having braved the snow of the mountain to get there, an oracle would be given to the faithful. But that all came to an abrupt end. The Priestesses that served in the temple were stricken by an epidemic disease and the keepers wiped out entirely. The priory has since sat abandoned for nearly a century, the Temple of Raavk now being branded as cursed. And having been neglected for so long, the building has subsequently been reclaimed by nature. Ice sheathes the temple from floor to ceiling, any and all warmth it had once radiated having died with the last Priestess.

NO.eight ; FOREST OF EMETH
                                Stretching from the western mountain range to the eastern seaboard is the Forest of Emeth. It lies directly to the north of Luan, and is the home of the Elves. The trees within the interior of the forest are thousands of years old, their vast trunks wider than the average home. Stepping foot into the growth of trees, one realizes just how small and insignificant they truly are. The Elves themselves have created many small villages within the canopies, well out of reach of mortal man and his petty cares. It is rare to see Elves roaming the forest floor without reason. It is even harder to find an entrance into their lofty cities. Not that they would ever welcome mortals anyway, the point being rendered moot. Perhaps one should give up hope of that endeavor in lieu of another. Beyond the Elves, it is also said that the path to the underworld, Niflheim, can be found within the Forest of Emeth. Locating it can be a problem, though. And even if one does manage to stumble across the path, opening the gate is a task and a half.

NO.nine ; NIFLHEIM
                                Niflheim is one of the three lower realms, situated beneath Midgard and the third root of the World Tree, Yggdrasill. It is a dark world of mist and shadow, and not a place the living usually dare to venture. Typically because they have not the incentive or the means to do so. The path that bridges this world and the one of the living is hidden deep within the depths of the Forest of Emeth, protected by an ancient Golem. The Golem itself sits lifeless and inert, an immovable object. But if one can somehow manage to get past the Guardian, your prize is nothing of worth. Most of Niflheim is a desolate place, the air stagnant and unfit for those from the realms above. Anything that has grown in the pits of the underworld are gnarled and dying. As should be expected; the Queen of the Undead reigns and is a great collector of souls. What the Valkyrie do not take from the land of the living, she sees well to claim.

It is also said that the river Svol springs from Niflheim. It is believed by many that drinking from this infernal source of water will grant eternal life. That is debatable, though, since no one has ever returned alive to vouch for its success. If the Golem has not gotten rid of would-be trespassers, the wraiths of the underworld will.

NO.ten ; BIFROST
                                And ephemeral path that links the realms of Midgard and Asgard, allowing travel between the two worlds. It is a gate, solely used by the Aesir. Mortal man can not tread upon the gossamer path, their kind unable to pass the threshold. Only the divine or the dead can freely move between the two planes. That, and it is guarded. Travel to and from the Heavens is restricted, even for most of the Gods and Goddesses. The only ones who frequent Bifrost are typically Odin's Ravens. They make daily excursions and cross the bridge between the worlds. The Valkyrie too are known to use the path, usually when carting souls back to Valhalla in order to bolster the number of Einherjar.

NO.eleven ; ASGARD
                                One of the three heavenly realms. It is here that Odin and the other Aesir dwell. And, more notably, within Asgard is Valhalla. It is in the Hall of the Slain that the Einherjar congregate. Usually while awaiting orders and biding their time. Most of the inhabitants whittle away the hours by training, feasting, or gambling amongst themselves. The Valkyrie also reside in Valhalla, overseeing the spirited souls while adding to their numbers whenever a suitable recruit from Midgard has been brought to the Hall. Valhalla itself is paved in gold, massive spears serving as the pillars to support the coffered ceilings. Shields and coats of arms also adorn the towering dome of the grand hall, as well as littering the benches and walls. It looks very much like an armory.

Map - For those having trouble visualizing. Ignore the fact that it looks like s**t; it was made in MS Paint.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI T ' S xx A L L xx S O xx C R Y S T A L xx C L E A R
                                                xxx THE REBELLIOUS SOUL ──
                                                ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
                                                xA S x T H E x S T O R M x B E G I N S x T O x R I S E

xxxDEFIANT xx xx PROTECTIVE xx xx SARCASTIC
                                                ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
                                                ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                xxx✕✕ ??? xx ✕✕ FEMALE xx ✕✕ CONJURATION

One of four Goddesses, charged with overseeing all of humanity. Once a mortal woman yourself, you now serve as the protector of this particular race. As such, it was your duty and obligation to bring an end to the beings were they to tip the scales of the world. Your duty was no different than that of your sisters, but time after time, it was the mortals that were deemed to be the scourge. And like so many instances before, they have brought chaos and discord to the realm of Midgard. Odin ordered you to extinguish the infantile flames of their existence, so that humanity could be cleansed from the Earth entirely and begin anew. Although, having spent countless eons observing the same thing, it ultimately made you doubt and rebel.

You were beginning to believe that humanity had become nothing more than a scapegoat; the continuous annihilation of these beings had never once proven effective in returning stability and equilibrium to the world. You soon found yourself harboring resentments toward you sister Valkyries and all of Asgard. Unable to abide their laws, you abandoned your post and fled, seeking refuge in Midgard. From there, you made your way to Luan and the Warrior's Guild, putting your skills in battle to use and eventually finding yourself in a position of power within the organization. With this power, you have been guiding along potential warriors while weeding out the weak from the strong; it is not so dissimilar from your earlier work in the Hall of the Slain.

THE BLAZING COURAGE ──♔ managed to catch your attention, and you have since taken her under your proverbial wing. And even more recently, you put out a request in each of the remaining Guilds, asking that someone be sent to assist in an upcoming assignment. The details of which you have left rather vague. To most, it seems like any other request that filters through the system. Of course, there is much more to it than a simple treasure hunt, but that is something you have thus far kept to yourself. Similarly, you have not made it known to anyone of your true identity. But, you are well aware that it can not remain hidden forever. Odin will not stand for your treasonous acts and will surely be doing something to amend the problems you have created. It is for this reason that you have decided to take an anticipatory course. If the Aesir wish to cleanse Midgard of your children, you will give them Hell.

xxxxx██ OPEN username

xxx THE TESTY BOOZEHOUND ──

xxxGRUFF xx xx RUDE xx xx BRUTAL
                                                xxx✕✕ 26 - 30 xx ✕✕ MALE xx ✕✕ HEALING

Where most devout followers of the Order are just and pious, committing themselves body, mind, and soul to the teachings of the Guild, you seem to be anything but. You are prone to drinking excessively, smoking, sleeping during the daily prayer services, and all manner of other behaviors deemed immoral by your fellow guild mates. The only reason you were even granted entrance into the Priest Guild is because they have an open door policy and do not turn even the lowest of the low away. They offer room, board, and all the things necessary for day-to-day living. It seemed like too much of a good thing to pass up at the time, especially after your failed attempt at gain acceptance into the Thieves Guild. You were barred from their ranks after some hiccups during a supposedly routine assassination. So instead, you applied to the Order and found yourself welcomed in with open arms.

It is only now, as you near the end of your term of service, that you have come to realize that it isn't as great as you had initially thought. The welcoming Priests will not turn anyone away, this much is true, but you have to earn your keep. Which is an issue in your case. You have never once accepted a Guild Request, not wanting to waste your time on dangerous missions for mindless townsfolk. Instead, you want to use those few hours for the important things; like drinking and putting yourself into a self induced coma. The Guild Master, however, does not approve of your attitude.

Your months of loafing around have finally caught up with you. The leader of the Order has since given you an ultimatum. Either you bring in some revenue and show initiative, like the other Priests and Priestesses, or you will be discharged from the Guild entirely and left to fend for yourself on the streets. With such a thing hanging over your head, you reluctantly accepted your first Guild Request and ventured toward the rendezvous point. The mission was vague, stating something about bandits near the coast, and that the true particulars of the excursion would be explained upon arrival. Now, if only you had practiced your healing as much as you had tipped back the bottle.

xxxxx██ OPEN username

xxx THE ADJECTIVE NOUN ──

xxxTRAIT xx xx TRAIT xx xx TRAIT
                                                xxx✕✕ 16 - 20 xx ✕✕ FEMALE xx ✕✕ POWER

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

xxxxx██ OPEN username

xxx THE FEEBLE MAGUS──

xxxFRAIL xx xx TIMID xx xx UNASSUMING
                                                xxx✕✕ 18 - 22 xx ✕✕ MALE xx ✕✕ HEALING

A simple boy, aren't you? And, in your case, appearances aren't deceiving. You're as feeble and weak as you look. You were raised outside of Luan's proper, living in one of the smaller villages that sprouted up beyond the kingdom's borders. It was a simple life, but after your village was laid to waste by THE ROARING CHIEFTAIN ──♔ and his forces, there was not much left. Fortunately for you, and before the worst of it, you were helped to safety by THE PHANTOM KNIGHT ──♔ and your family relocated soon after. Yet their only means to support you had been destroyed.

So, they sent you to enroll in the Mages Guild. There was no reason for it, other than to get you out and hopefully into something much better. Of course, they did not think the plan entirely through. You can hardly be considered 'magically inclined', and even though you are quite serious about your studies, no amount of bookwork has seemed to help. There is promise in you, and your instructors urge you to practice more in an effort to build your confidence, but you fear casting spells. You constantly fumble your incantations, sputtering spells incorrectly, and usually wind up doing more damage than you do good.

After an explosive incident in the Guild's cafeteria, you have grown even more wary of using your magic. And it was because of this incident that you found yourself the victim of harassment; some of your guild mates thought it would be hilarious to recommend you for the newest mission that came into the request box. It was an assignment from the Warrior's Guild, requesting the services of a qualified Mage. The only reason you found yourself before the Guild Master was because your hand had been forced. Previously, you had stuck to simple missions, such as doing deliveries; the things that were not life threatening and require no use of your magic. This recent request was completely different and you were out of your element, yet the old woman in charge decided that this type of thing was just what you needed. You would never improve without some real world experience. So, rather than arguing, you hesitantly made your way to the Western Gate to meet up with the client.

xxxxx██ OPEN username

xxx THE BLAZING COURAGE ──

xxxHOT-TEMPERED xx xx DETERMINED xx xx RASH
                                                xxx✕✕ 20 - 24xx ✕✕ FEMALE xx ✕✕ SWORDSWOMAN

Your brother before you had once been a renowned Sergeant within the Warrior's Guild, leading a Squad of battle hardened fighters on some of the most dangerous and harrowing of missions. But, six years ago, he went missing while out on assignment, his entire Squad seemingly vanishing without so much as a trace. You were distraught, understandably, but you soon turned your grieving into unbridled anger. So, you took up one of THE PHANTOM KNIGHT ──♔'s old and abandoned swords and began to train on a regular basis.

Your style, though mostly self taught, has a good base; you watched your brother train a lot and picked up most of the important bits from him. And, following in the footsteps of your dear brother, you chose to join the Warrior's Guild the first moment you were able. Of course, despite who your brother was, you did not receive any special treatment after passing the selection trials. Instead, you had to start off at the bottom of the totem pole like everyone else, assigned to one of the no name Squads that did mostly grunt work around the Guild. Which aggravated you beyond belief. You were burning with desire; longing to do something grand instead of scrubbing the bathrooms [which are filthy, by the way]. But that opportunity presented itself in an unlikely way.

THE REBELLIOUS SOUL ──♔, who often oversaw the barracks, had been watching you during one of your overzealous training sessions. It was not soon after that she began to give you private lessons. Even more surprising was when she asked you personally to accompany her on an upcoming mission. Without a moment of hesitation, you leapt at the chance, finally feeling like you were getting the recognition you so rightly deserved. Not because you were the younger sister of the late Sergeant, but because someone had at last deigned to notice your warrior spirit! You were just as capable as any of the others, and now you finally had the chance to prove it!

xxxxx██ OPEN username

xxx THE ADJECTIVE NOUN ──

xxx✕✕ 24 - 28 xx ✕✕ MALE xx ✕✕ POWER

xxxxx██ OPEN username

xxx THE STAUNCH VALKYRIE ──

xxxSTRONG xx xx LOYAL xx xx HUMORLESS
                                                xxx✕✕ ??? xx ✕✕ FEMALE xx ✕✕ SOUL BINDING

You are the Guardian of the proud and long lived race known as the Vulcans. You have long since been charged with their protection and defense, much like your sister is intended to watch over Mankind in turn. With the disappearance of THE REBELLIOUS SOUL ──♔, however, you have been the first to be dispatched from Asgard by Odin himself in order to retrieve her, come Hell or high water. Be she dead or alive, it does not matter which. Certainly not to you, of all people. You have merely been ordered to call your sister's spirit back to Valhalla in order to pass her abilities onto a more suitable vessel; one that will carry out instructions without causing a fuss.

In order to assist in this endeavor, with you has been sent THE ALOOF EINHERJAR ──♔; a companion that has already proven to be more than just a little useless. For all his prowess and valor in battle while he was counted among the living, his attitude now is anything but agreeable, meaning that this is truly a solo mission, even with the warrior supposedly at your 'command'.

Regardless, and given your connection to the fiery race of volcano dwellers, your first step from the bridge of Bifrost and into the realm of Midgard was within the raging bowels of an eternal lava flow. The ancient alter that accepted your decent from the Heavenly realm of Asgard had been established centuries before, all in the preparation of welcoming the Guardian of the Vulcan people; that being you. Upon your arrival within the Realm of Fire, and with THE ALOOF EINHERJAR ──♔ unenthusiastically in tow, you found yourself face to face with the young leader of the Vulcan tribe, THE ROARING CHIEFTAIN ──♔. You wasted no time in procuring his assistance in your little hunt.

xxxxx██ OPEN username

xxx THE ROARING CHIEFTAIN ──

xxxDRAMATIC xx xx CONTROLLING xx xx DISHONEST
                                                xxx✕✕ 400 - 450xx ✕✕ MALE xx ✕✕ CONFLAGRATION

As a member of the Vulcan tribe, where traditions and power reign supreme, you are a prodigal and shining example; something that most can only strive to be, yet never quite achieve. Unlike humanity, who decide leadership through birthright rather than capabilities, your kind believe in nothing but strength. Anyone can find themselves upon the throne, regardless of gender, age, or creed. So long as they can outmuscle the current Chieftain, of course. Which is exactly how you seized control, becoming the youngest tribal chief to rule in over what many argue to be a millennia. And, during your rule, you have sprung countless assaults upon man as they encroach upon your tribe's territory. The endless expansion beyond their own realm leaves you bristling with anger.

It was for this reason that you were one of the few to personally carry out the assault upon the village in which THE FEEBLE MAGUS ──♔ had once called home. It seemed that the mortals did not appreciate such an unprovoked display of aggression, and a Squad from the Warrior's Guild was dispatched shortly after. This small force met much the same fate, being laid to waste upon their arrival in the decimated village. And from this group of lackluster warriors, you kept THE PHANTOM KNIGHT ──♔ alive. During the battle, he had been wounded and seemingly rendered an amnesiac as a result of injury, making him a malleable pawn for accomplishing your own ends. Though your ambitions were boundless, the personal reach of your own hand was not. You saw use in one that could venture from the source of fire and carry out your bidding. For the last six years, you have grudgingly kept him in your company, using him as little more than a personal lackey to carry out your commands away from home.

Although, far more importantly, and in recent days, the alter in the lower sanctums had begun to show bouts of activity. Taking this as a sign, the priestesses sought to proffer a sacrifice. Offerings of blood for the Gods was common practice for your kind and all thought the alter was hungry for it. But upon arriving at the alter, you were met with an unfamiliar sight. Rather than having the slab bathed in a wash of crimson, the dais had already received a Goddess. THE STAUNCH VALKYRIE ──♔ and her cohort had appeared before you and your people, demanding your cooperation.

xxxxx██ OPEN username

xxx THE DAFT MESSENGER ──

xxxSTRANGE xx xx CHILDISH xx xx ENERGETIC
                                                xxx✕✕ 50 - 60 xx ✕✕ FEMALE xx ✕✕ SUMMONING

What a strange young woman you are. Relatively speaking, of course. Among your kind, who have been known to thrive for centuries, if not millennia, you are but a child. Which may be the only reason many in your clan tolerate your often bizarre and unconventional behavior; it seems impossible for you to walk normally, as others would have you, preferring to run, skip, roll, or any other variation that you can come up with. A free spirit, your friends would have called you. Then again, perhaps they were simply being kind and making excuses for your lack of cunning and muddied wits.

Distraction seems your shortcoming, and it is not hard to see why. How flighty can one Elf possibly be? Truly, you prove to be more a nuisance than a help, getting in the way or leaving tasks forgotten and unfinished. And yet, you remain completely unaware of this, too inattentive to notice the exasperated sighs and groans of your kin. All with the eyes to see could tell it was this very character flaw that saw you appointed Messenger of the Clan. A means to send you far away and be rid of your presence entirely.

It is not often that the Elves venture from their woodland home, but maintaining contact with the other races has always been a reason for exception. Although, oblivious as you are, you took this new task as a sign rather than a means to exile you. Instead, you believed you were coming of age, and were now being given more responsibilities within the clan. The elders gave you a very vague message and instructed you to deliver it to th Vulcans to the very south of the continent. And as such, you were eager and bursting with childlike enthusiasm; never before had you ventured from the safety of the forest, yet with your summoned spirits serving as your guides, you had no trouble navigating the terrain. Unfortunately, with your absent mind and the infinite number of diversions you found upon your travels, you forgot entirely what message you were to deliver upon arriving in the Fields of Adira. It was something important, you were certain of that much, but that was about all. So, you have since chosen to impose yourself upon THE STAUNCH VALKYRIE ──♔ and her group until such a time that your foggy mind can recall.

xxxxx██ OPEN username

xxx THE ALOOF EINHERJAR ──

xxx✕✕ 200 - 250 xx ✕✕ MALE xx ✕✕ AXEMAN

Despite your now youthful appearance, you are actually well over two centuries. At the age of thirty six, your life was ended upon the battlefield. It had been during one of the many skirmishes that broke out near the end of the second war; a large battle that had been waged between mankind and the Faerie Creatures. It was amidst the siege beset upon Fort Lilt, where you were stationed at the time, that you met your end. You were garroted by the enemy, the Faerie forces having breached the fort. That should have been the end of your story, but was not.

Rather than sinking into oblivion, your fighting spirit was brought to Asgard by THE REBELLIOUS SOUL ──♔, where you were then made an Einherjar, restored to your youth, and expected to serve the Aesir. Your assistance was often called upon by the Valkyrie, the tasks menial and the routine growing mind numbingly dull as the years dragged on. Your death had been premature, to be sure, and while in the realm of Asgard, you never had the chance to set foot upon the earth. Soon, all those that you had known and loved were gone, yet you lingered on; a young warrior from centuries past. Your attitude gradually began to change over that time, and you were inevitably left bored.

So, understandably, when you were ordered to accompany THE STAUNCH VALKYRIE ──♔ on her mission, you were hardly thrilled. You would have rather they sent one of the others to do it, leaving you to vegetate instead. But such was not your luck. Your reluctantly followed the THE STAUNCH VALKYRIE ──♔ across Bifrost and into the realm of man. You soon arrived in Midgard, within the domain of the Vulcan Tribe. None of this piqued your interest at all, though it likely should have. After all, it was not often that mortal men tread their grounds. Perhaps whatever novelty in the idea you may have been able to find was lost when you realized you were not the first; the THE PHANTOM KNIGHT ──♔ had beaten you to the punch.

xxxxx██ OPEN username

xxx THE DEVOUT PRIESTESS ──

xxxGUARDED xx xx PERFECTIONIST xx xx STEADFAST
                                                xxx✕✕ 650 - 700 xx ✕✕ FEMALE xx ✕✕ HEALING

A High Priestess within the tribe of the Vulcans, it is your duty to oversee and lead the people in all of its rituals and ceremonies. You are the keeper of tribal history, the stoker of the flame, passing to the younger generations the ways of your forefathers. Your position is one of honor, though nowhere near as coveted as the position of Chieftain. Power is not your aim, though. Yours is merely one of preservation; you distrust the unfamiliar and abhor change and have done well over the centuries to maintain the traditions of your people as you have learned them.

Righteously so, you had doubts when THE ROARING CHIEFTAIN ──♔ assumed the mantle. His youth, his inexperience, and his unconventional ways all grated against your more conservative views. But even so, you remained as dutiful as ever, serving often as the advisor for the young man, just as you had for the previous Chieftain. By the rights of the tribe, he had earned the position and you did well to, at the very least, respect that. Others, however, made their disapproval quite known.

Yet whatever doubts may have remained in your heart dissolved and your allegiance to THE ROARING CHIEFTAIN ──♔ was cemented. While leading a ritual upon the obsidian dais within the inner sanctums, THE STAUNCH VALKYRIE ──♔, the most revered of beings to your order, appeared in the flesh at the alter. Of all those present, she demanded the aid of your Chieftain. Thus chosen by the very Goddess you worship, it was then impossible to doubt his right to lead the Vulcans.

But still, dissention has grown within the tribe. While you and your order of priestesses have allied with THE ROARING CHIEFTAIN ──♔, others still choose to question his authority. You have little doubt that in the absence of the Chieftain, it is only a matter of time before a usurper steps forward to claim the throne.

xxxxx██ OPEN username

xxx THE PHANTOM KNIGHT ──

xxxTHOUGHTLESS xx xx NUMB xx xx MELANCHOLY
                                                xxx✕✕ 26 - 30xx ✕✕ MALE xx ✕✕ REAPER

Once upon a time, you were a Sergeant in the Warrior's Guild. After a brutal assault upon one of the outlying villages by Vulcan forces, the Royal Guards called upon the Guild for assistance. Your Squad was dispatched, and you made your way to the front lines in order to assist in the fight and evacuation. Both you and your men saw that THE FEEBLE MAGUS ──♔, his family, and any other stragglers were free of the immediate area. But soon enough, you were sucked into the fray, at which point your unit was decimated.

Fate has a tendency to be cruel. Unlike the rest of your squad, you had not been killed, at least not entirely. Although, you likely should have. Rather, you were only severely wounded, losing your leg in the skirmish and a staggering amount of blood. It was here, while lingering upon the border between the realms of the living and the dead, you were approached by an Envoy of Death. An unwelcome sight to must, being the foul spirits that they were. Yet for you, it was opportunity. For the price of you soul, and ultimately your humanity, you were granted life. This meant the loss of self and all the memories that went with it. All recollection of the battle or the life you had led before were wiped clean, leaving you a blank slate; your sister, THE BLAZING COURAGE ──♔ being counted among the lost memories.

It was this fact that spared you from the brunt of THE ROARING CHIEFTAIN ──♔’s anger. You were taken in by the man. Not out of the goodness of his heart, mind you. You became a mindless lackey, following his orders mechanically and without distinction. Where the Vulcans were unable to tread beyond their Realm of Fire, you could easily venture. This was your sole purpose and has been for the length of six years. So when you were called upon by THE ROARING CHIEFTAIN ──♔ to the inner sanctum, you did not hesitate. But instead of finding the hollowed space occupied by the usual, the dais had borne a pair of unfamiliar faces.

xxxxx██ OPEN username

xxx THE ALL FATHER ──

xxxUNSCRUPULOUS xx xx CONFIDENT xx xx POWERFUL
                                                xxx✕✕ AGELESS xx ✕✕ MALE xx ✕✕ GUNGNIR

The ruler of Asgard. You are the All Father, King of Gods, and wielder of Gungnir, a magical spear that always hits its mark. From your higher realm, you watch over the affairs of Midgard from the many halls you keep within your heavenly court; Valhalla being one of the most prominent. Each night, you hold banquets in the Hall of the Slain for the Einherjar, in order to keep the gruff warriors forever in your favor and sway. Of course, those are just the men. The souls of female warriors that you have deemed worthy, or merely those that were strong and beautiful enough in your eyes, are made Valkyries, each hand chosen by you, the All Father himself. They are each expected to serve you obediently, and have done just that for countless eons.

But in recent days, one of the Principal Valkyrie of your court has fled Asgard and shirked her duties. Housed within her frame was the power to bring about the end of humanity, which you very much need in order to tip the proverbial scales back into balance. Upon receiving notice from the Gatekeeper of Bifrost that THE REBELLIOUS SOUL ──♔ had passed into the realm of Midgard, you soon sent for THE STAUNCH VALKYRIE──♔ and gave her a firm edict. The young Goddess was assigned the task of bringing her treacherous sister's soul back to Asgard by any means she deemed necessary. And with her your sent along THE ALOOF EINHERJAR ──♔.

As further insurance, you have also sent to Midgard two of your ravens, THE OBNOXIOUS RAVEN ──♔, Huginn, and THE OBSERVANT SHADOW ──♔, Muninn. They serve as your eyes and ears within the world below, bringing back information that they have gathered on a daily basis.

xxxxx██ NPC

xxx THE COMPOSED PARADIGM ──

xxxCALM xx xx DOWN-TO-EARTH xx xx BORING
                                                xxx✕✕ AGELESS xx ✕✕ FEMALE xx ✕✕ DOPPELGANGER

On your shoulders has been placed the responsibility of overseeing the race of bearded Dwarves; ugly creatures with hunched backs and gnarled features. A stark contrast to your relatively mundane appearance; unlike your charge, you could never be considered ugly. On the other hand, you do not quite fall under the category of beautiful either.

Despite this, you are the oldest of the four Valkyrie sisters and have a very level head about you. Taking your time in everything that you do and ensuring that things are done by the book is one of your many redeeming qualities. Although, countless others perceive this meticulous and careful method of going about life as boring, much like your forgettable face. This has made you anything but a favorite among the Einherjar and other Aesir. Still, winning a popularity contest is not something on your to-do-list. You could care less, being far more practical and realistic about your duties. Rather, your interests hardly stray from your work. In that, you are one of the best. In fact, you have likely been the most diligent of your sisters and have spent countless ages shuffling potential souls from Midgard and to Valhalla.

And yet, with the recent disappearance of your sister, THE REBELLIIOUS SOUL ──♔, you were more than a little shocked to find that THE STAUNCH VALKYRIE──♔ was sent after her instead of someone as capable as you. Your sister's loyalty and determination can not be matched, surely, but her methods are not something you can condone with grace. You have complete and utter faith in the judgments of THE ALL FATHER ──♔, however, and have not voiced a single word of question or doubt. He has deemed the abilities of your younger sister far more suited to the task at hand. And as such, you can do little more than accept it.

xxxxx██ NPC

xxx THE OBNOXIOUS RAVEN ──

xxxEVASIVE xx xx IMPISH xx xx GRATING
                                                xxx✕✕ AGELESS xx ✕✕ MALE xx ✕✕ HEARING

The first of two ravens that serve THE ALL FATHER ──♔. Every dawn, as the sun is peeking over the horizon, you are sent to the realm of Midgard in order to retrieve information for your Lord, Odin. It is quite useful, given that you have the ability of inhuman hearing, able to pick up the faintest pin drop or the lowest of whispers. You are the younger brother of Muninn, THE OBSERVANT SHADOW ──♔, and often enjoy ruffling his feathers, if for nothing more than your own amusement. The two of you tend to get into bickering squabbles like a pair of hens over nothing of importance, simply because you instigate fights at nearly ever turn. Perhaps the only figure among the Aesir to garner your genuine respect is THE ALL FATHER ──♔ himself. And that is merely because he can [and will] have you stuffed like a goose before serving you to the Einherjar.

Your day to day routine was interrupted, however, when THE REBELLIOUS SOUL ──♔ went missing. THE ALL FATHER ──♔ had soon sent THE STAUNCH VALKYRIE ──♔ after her, along with one of the slain warriors that ambled about the halls of Valhalla. Finally! Something interesting! You too had been given new orders. Your duties still consisted of bringing THE ALL FATHER──♔ reports on a daily basis, but you and your brother now had specifics.

Were you to hear anything pertaining to THE REBELLIOUS SOUL ──♔ while on patrol, you and Muninn are suppose to report it directly to THE STAUNCH VALKYRIE──♔ and her cohorts to relay new tips. Muninn may be a stickler, but you are determined to have some fun with this, even if it is at the expense of THE STAUNCH VALKYRIE ──♔.

xxxxx██ NPC

xxx THE SHAMELESS GOSSIPMONGER ──

xxxPLEASANT xx xx TALKATIVE xx xx EMOTIONAL
                                                xxx✕✕ AGELESS xx ✕✕ FEMALE xx ✕✕ DIVINITY

To sum you up in a single word, one might be inclined to use 'draining'. You do not mean to be, but that is exactly what you are. Nothing ever seems to get you down and you are often found chatting with anyone willing to lend you an ear. Although, it is likely that most would rather you keep it, if only so they could slip away for a moment's peace. You're blessed with the gift of gab and never know when to shut your mouth. That, and you hardly take your responsibilities seriously.

Because of your awful work ethic, you are usually the last to ever receive orders from THE ALL FATHER ──♔, Odin. Not that you even seem to care about this small detail. You are far too busy gossiping among the other Valkyrie and Einherjar to notice. It has really just become a game for you. In spite of all this, however, you are still one of the four Valkyrie sisters and are the Guardian of the Elves. And of all your sisters, you got along with THE REBELLIOUS SOUL ──♔ the best, if only because she tended to be far more tolerant of your antics. THE STAUNCHE VALKYRIE──♔ would never put up with you, and THE COMPOSED PARADIGM ──♔ is far more prone to reprimanding you than talking.

But with your dearest sister having gone rogue and taking her destructive powers with her, on the other hand, you had been left to annoy the other two. And luckily for THE STAUNCH VALKYRIE ──♔ [but not so lucky for you], she too was sent off on a mission to bring your renegade sibling back to Asgard. Which has left you with only the THE COMPOSED PARADIGM ──♔ to pester. Needless to say, you are getting quite lonely.

xxxxx██ NPC

xxx THE OBSERVANT SHADOW ──

xxxSOMBER xx xx WORLDLY xx xx MATURE
                                                xxx✕✕ AGELESS xx ✕✕ MALE xx ✕✕ SEEING

Unlike your younger brother, THE OBNOXIOUS RAVEN ──♔, you seem to be his polar opposite. Where he is obnoxious and mischievous, you are staid and responsible. You take everything quite seriously and rarely, if ever, crack a smile. It is not that you can't, you see, but merely that you don't have a viable reason to. Many find you frigid and unfriendly, but that is not entirely true either. You get along well enough with most of the Aesir. It is just that constant deadpan expression of yours that puts people off and leads them to draw the wrong conclusions. And it is rare that you will bother to correct them, finding it a waste of your breath. Instead, you perform your job obediently, serving THE ALL FATHER ──♔ dutifully alongside your brother, Huginn.

The two of you make daily excursions to the realm of Midgard in order to retrieve any tidbits of information that your Lord, Odin, might find interesting. Your ability of unnatural sight assists in this quite often. Where your brother can hear the faintest of sounds, you can see with hawk like precision, making out the smallest of details without batting an eyelash.

For this reason, your assistance was made all the more paramount when THE REBELLIOUS SOUL ──♔ fled from Asgard. You were instructed to keep your eyes peeled for any signs of the rogue Aesir and report all of your findings or leads to THE STAUNCH VALKYRIE──♔ and THE ALOOF EINHERJAR ──♔. You are quite dedicated to the task at hand, but Huginn has you worried.

xxxxx██ NPC

NO.one ; RESERVE
                              If you are applying, fill the reserve out in its entirety and PM it to me.

Reserve:
                              [img]96 x 296. Border: Outer - 1 Pixel, Inner - 1 Pixel. Final dimensions should be 100 x 300. Anime only.[/img]
                              [size=10][b]ROLE:[/b] Which character are you applying for?
                              [b]CHARACTER'S NAME:[/b] First, middle, and last.
                              [b]CHARACTER'S AGE:[/b] Self explanitory.
                              [b]SAMPLES:[/b] A link to a test thread, or a few current RPs you may be in.[/size]

NO.two ; PROFILE
                              If you have been given the go ahead, you can begin working on the profile. The code can be found here. It should be noted, however, that if you click that link, you had better intend to finish the damn profile. From the moment I accept your application, the clock is ticking. You will be allotted one week to complete the thing and turn it in to me. If you fail to meet the deadline, then I will remove your reserve and open the role again. The only exceptions that will be made are for people that have given me valid excuses and I know why they are taking so long. And even then, only a small extension will be handed out. Also, there is no competition for this roleplay. If you reserve a role, no one else can apply for it. Competition is fine and dandy, but going that route takes ages; having to judge multiple profiles, waiting around for all the applicants to finish s**t, and yadda, yadda, yadda. So, we're not doing it. And it should be noted that a number of people are doubling. This is because I actually trust these people and know that they aren't lazy assholes that apply and never intend to post. I would rather have four or five dedicated members than a dozen people that will take off the moment something else sparkly and new comes along. You love doing profiles? My, how great for you. Your motivation completely dissipates the moment you're asked to actually post with the character you have created? Get the ******** out. I am serious about keeping my RPs alive, and the easiest way to do that is to keep out all the undesirables.

NO.three ; DUE DATES

r e b e l l i o u s x SOUL username TAKEN

t e s t y x BOOZEHOUND username OPEN

h a u g h t y x SOCIALITE username OPEN

f e e b l e x MAGUS username OPEN

b l a z i n g x COURAGE username OPEN

r o a r i n g x CHIEFTAIN username OPEN

s t a u n c h x VALKYRIE username OPEN

a l o o f x EINHERJAR username OPEN

d a f t x MESSENGER username OPEN

p h a n t o m x KNIGHT username OPEN

MONTH 00, 20XX:
                                Text text text text.

████████ #000000
████████ #813153
████████ #7A5288
████████ #D9808F
████████ #FCCE60

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items