Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
SaintTape
I always wanted to grab a Koth and a Venser single and I thought 'Oh! Wow, duel decks with two planeswalkers I want...and red and blue/white decks! Sweet!'. Unfortunately the deck lists make me D: Don't get me wrong...I do appreciate the flavor and synergy, but both are just...as said before...lackluster.

Trust me, I feel the same way. I was super excited but this deck list makes me wanna cry. I was hoping for a valukut or maybe the blue/white duel lands but I feel like there has been a decline in duel decks..

I mean, why does koth and venser even have a verus deck.. weren't they on the same side??

Dedcadent Pants

FurryTyrant
SaintTape
I always wanted to grab a Koth and a Venser single and I thought 'Oh! Wow, duel decks with two planeswalkers I want...and red and blue/white decks! Sweet!'. Unfortunately the deck lists make me D: Don't get me wrong...I do appreciate the flavor and synergy, but both are just...as said before...lackluster.

Trust me, I feel the same way. I was super excited but this deck list makes me wanna cry. I was hoping for a valukut or maybe the blue/white duel lands but I feel like there has been a decline in duel decks..

I mean, why does koth and venser even have a verus deck.. weren't they on the same side??

According to the decklist article, they had a fight before teaming up.

Still, I suspect there's something to be said about who designs the decks; give the set to someone who's more "fun, whee!" and you'll get decks that work against each other, but hardly fit the buzz made.

Wealthy Genius

9,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Honestly, the only thing in Venser VS Koth that interests me is the new bordered Flood Plain. The rest of it can go rot in a dumpster.
As to other duel decks being trash, have you been on ebay lately? Divine vs Demonic, Jace vs Chandra, and Elves VS goblins are all worth at least $90 sealed. I don't care if the contents were lackluster, that's still a 4.5x price jump.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
ccggenius12
Honestly, the only thing in Venser VS Koth that interests me is the new bordered Flood Plain. The rest of it can go rot in a dumpster.
As to other duel decks being trash, have you been on ebay lately? Divine vs Demonic, Jace vs Chandra, and Elves VS goblins are all worth at least $90 sealed. I don't care if the contents were lackluster, that's still a 4.5x price jump.

Devine vs Demonic was amazing.. demonic tutor, reya, etc.. the main reason I want Jace vs Chandra was for jace n that special art for counter spell.

I felt like the ajani vs bolas was weak compared to other VS. I mostly got it for the alter art of Ajani,Bolas, lightning helix and undermine.

Hilarious Raider

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
I'm excited about it

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I know i wasn't soo excited about it but I bought it. I just really wanted the alter art for the PW's and for the path and the preordain.

I probably got ripped off by Wizards but I do really like the alter arts so yeah.. I'm happy but feel ripped off

Dedcadent Pants

FurryTyrant
I know i wasn't soo excited about it but I bought it. I just really wanted the alter art for the PW's and for the path and the preordain.

I probably got ripped off by Wizards but I do really like the alter arts so yeah.. I'm happy but feel ripped off

The total card value was estimated by someone to be about $30 USD, so it's not likely.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
LiaThistle
FurryTyrant

The total card value was estimated by someone to be about $30 USD, so it's not likely.

The card value might be 30 but the question is how many of those cards will people want to actually trade for..

Dedcadent Pants

FurryTyrant
LiaThistle
FurryTyrant

The card value might be 30 but the question is how many of those cards will people want to actually trade for..

Did you get it to trade, or to use yourself? I bought my Elspeth vs. Tezzeret not only for the PWs, Swords, and Thirsts (of which I already had all I needed of all but Elspeths), but for rough testing. No trade intentions behind it. I feel my money well spent.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
LiaThistle
FurryTyrant
LiaThistle
FurryTyrant

Did you get it to trade, or to use yourself? I bought my Elspeth vs. Tezzeret not only for the PWs, Swords, and Thirsts (of which I already had all I needed of all but Elspeths), but for rough testing. No trade intentions behind it. I feel my money well spent.

I got it to use but there's only a few things from it that I would use from it. The pw's, path, preordain and Anger b/c I love the pretty art but the rest of it I felt like was just meh.. So I'm just saying that I'm not gonna use the rest of the stuff so I might as well try to trade it off..

Dedcadent Pants

FurryTyrant
LiaThistle
FurryTyrant
LiaThistle
FurryTyrant

I got it to use but there's only a few things from it that I would use from it. The pw's, path, preordain and Anger b/c I love the pretty art but the rest of it I felt like was just meh.. So I'm just saying that I'm not gonna use the rest of the stuff so I might as well try to trade it off..

In that case, I think it would have been a bit cheaper to buy the singles online. Granted, I have credit card access and know where to shop for cheaper prices (and am patient enough to wait), which may not be an option for you.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
LiaThistle
FurryTyrant
LiaThistle
FurryTyrant
LiaThistle
FurryTyrant

In that case, I think it would have been a bit cheaper to buy the singles online. Granted, I have credit card access and know where to shop for cheaper prices (and am patient enough to wait), which may not be an option for you.

I could've done the same but I guess I fault bad b/c I know the card shop owner. He's an old HS buddy and I like helping him time to time.

Dedcadent Pants

FurryTyrant
I could've done the same but I guess I fault bad b/c I know the card shop owner. He's an old HS buddy and I like helping him time to time.

I understand that. I know most of the owners around my area, and I buy stuff from them over internet/big box stores when I can.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm just really hoping that FTV: Realms is better

Hilarious Raider

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
I bought one cause i figured it be fun to build up on the Venser deck. I put in some shriekgeists, some Hollowhenge Spirits, some Dissipates, and some Thought Scours in it. Also added a few Sphinx of Uthuun as well as another Oblivion ring and a Path to exile and now it woks great for me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff