Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Venser vs Koth deck

Whose excited about this coming out this month? I've been pretty excited about this coming out since they announced the idea back in Aug/Sept.

I was trying to find a decklist for it but I haven't been able to find one.. Can anyone help?

And we can discuss how awesome it's going to be!

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Theres nothing on it spoiled just yet, and it will be as exciting as the other walker vs walker decks, some people love em and others just kinda say "meh". Its a cool concept but they usually aren't anything thats super desirable beside the walkers.

Dedcadent Pants

I dunno. EvT was pretty much a landmark in that regard; two Swords, two Thirst, Crusade, two Elite Vanguard (was nice at the time), an Abolish, Mishra's Factory, two Everflowing Chalice (while they were legal), a Seat of the Synod, a Frogmite, and a Thoughtcast. Oh, and the two PWs.

Jace Vs Chandra was a bit of a disappointment to me, same with Liliana Vs Garruk (not to say I don't have a playset of Liliana Snuff Outs and my only Liliana Vess is from LvG).

Overall, they're pretty lackluster.
I like the idea between the two, definately more believable than Elspeth v Tezzeret, but nothing as powerful as a matchup between Jace v Chandra or Ajani v. Nicol Bolas...but then again, Venser has quickly become one of my favorite planeswalkers, So I'm loving the opportunity to get to see him again, even after what happened to him in Quest for Karn...grrr.

I played around with Venser for a bit in Standard (nasty combo with Wall of Omens, Stonehorn Dignatory, and Spine of Ish Sah) So, hopefully *crosses fingers* there will be a large amount of permanents that have EtB abilities (like Wall of Omens, Halimar Depths, Glimmerpoint Stag, etc). Koth is going to be the interesting one since they already had a pure red deck with Chandra, so I'm thinking a red-metalcraft deck is more plausable, and a small subtheme dealing with Mountains (Magus of the Moon, Earth Servant, Valakut?), and possibly some of His Vulshok buddies for flavor.
LiaThistle
I dunno. EvT was pretty much a landmark in that regard; two Swords, two Thirst, Crusade, two Elite Vanguard (was nice at the time), an Abolish, Mishra's Factory, two Everflowing Chalice (while they were legal), a Seat of the Synod, a Frogmite, and a Thoughtcast. Oh, and the two PWs.

Jace Vs Chandra was a bit of a disappointment to me, same with Liliana Vs Garruk (not to say I don't have a playset of Liliana Snuff Outs and my only Liliana Vess is from LvG).

JVC had some sweet stuff like Counterspell.

Tipsy Loiterer

Megiddo
LiaThistle

Ancestral Vision, Daze, Fact or Fiction, Gush, Mind Stone, Willbender, Muldrifter, Martyr of Frost, Flametongue Kavu, Ingot Chewer, Rakdos Pit Dragon, Demonfire, Fireblast, and Magma Jet are all good too.
Kaim Arouet
Megiddo
LiaThistle

Ancestral Vision, Daze, Fact or Fiction, Gush, Mind Stone, Willbender, Muldrifter, Martyr of Frost, Flametongue Kavu, Ingot Chewer, Rakdos Pit Dragon, Demonfire, Fireblast, and Magma Jet are all good too.
Yep. That one is one of the better ones, really.

Dedcadent Pants

Kaim Arouet
Megiddo
LiaThistle

Ancestral Vision - have 0
Daze - have 8
Fact or Fiction - had 1, now have 2
Gush - have 8
Mind Stone - have 4
Willbender - had 1
Muldrifter - had 4, now 5
Martyr of Frost - have 0
Flametongue Kavu - had 0, now 1 (go Commander? )
Ingot Chewer - had 2, now 3
Rakdos Pit Dragon - had 2, now 1
Demonfire - have 1
Fireblast - have 12
and Magma Jet - have 0
are all good too.

And well over 20 Counterspells. sweatdrop

Similarly, AvB had some decent cards (Helix, most of Zoo's creatures, Deep Analysis), but...I already have playsets of all of them (except Helixes).

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
LiaThistle
Jace Vs Chandra was a bit of a disappointment to me

JvC was the only time they made both decks balanced against each other. Every other one was pretty much one-sided.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
LiaThistle

I'm hoping for another EvT because you're right.. the other have been meh-ish. I did like GvL just because I'm a huge fan of the original Garruk and at that time, i didn't have a copy of him and I needed a few things from there..

Dedcadent Pants

Liquidor
LiaThistle
Jace Vs Chandra was a bit of a disappointment to me

JvC was the only time they made both decks balanced against each other. Every other one was pretty much one-sided.

I didn't find EvT to be one-sided at all. Elspeth had potential to win short games, but as time went on, Tezzeret would become increasingly likely to win. This held after several dozen games, and the fast wins for Elspeth weren't particularly more common than Tezzeret's.

Desirable Player

8,900 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
Im guessing Koth will be a red metalcraft with mountain related spells whereas Venser will likely be a WU control deck. Lots of bounce and exile spells on top of awesome artifacts and plenty of EtB effects. Can guarantee Dispatch, Trinket Mage, Venser's Journal.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Last of the Timelords XI
Im guessing Koth will be a red metalcraft with mountain related spells whereas Venser will likely be a WU control deck. Lots of bounce and exile spells on top of awesome artifacts and plenty of EtB effects. Can guarantee Dispatch, Trinket Mage, Venser's Journal.

Maybe a sword of Plowshare if there's going to be the idea of exiling.. hoping

Tipsy Loiterer

FurryTyrant
Last of the Timelords XI

I could see Path to Exile in that spot too.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kaim Arouet
FurryTyrant
Last of the Timelords XI

I could see Path to Exile in that spot too.

that would work just fine too!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces