Yes, cause I'm cool 0.90051020408163 90.1% [ 1412 ]
No, cause i'm stupid 0.099489795918367 9.9% [ 156 ]
Total Votes:[ 1568 ]

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Hey guys, our DM is still tired of DMing, so he's called upon me to conclude the campaign.
Yeah, apparently that was an epic monster. So we now have 1 xp to go until level 20. After the cheating/misinterpreted rules' results were corrected, I proceeded to finish it off with cometfall. THANK YOU FOR THE SUGGESTION! Apparently it was an 80-ft high ceiling. Finished it perfectly legitimately. WIN. You should have seen the DM when he tried to calculate the CR and XP (Apparently he doesn't know what Hit Dice are, so he just assigned a ton of health. And I'm pretty sure I have explained before.).
Ahem.
BACKGROUND:
ODDVAAR (NO LAST NAME THAT HE'S MENTIONED): Resident insane multiclasser half-dragon who doesn't quite know all the rules. On a campaign-long quest to defeat "Scarface," an evil dude with a scar on his face. The only one who hasn't changed characters in this campaign. The quest is from a sea goddess. From the town of Steelwood, supposedly destroyed a thousand years ago (he's 2-4000 years or so from the past... Our DMs have a hard time giving exact numbers and specifications. "What do you mean you don't know how many hit dice it has?!" wink . He has had the whip of the god "Baal" around for most of the campaign.
FLENAM DRANEL: My veteran character, a half-elf cleric of Bahamut. Settled upon at 4-6th level. Really annoyed by a supposedly virtous dragonslayer group (Solaris/"Schmolaris" knights). Thinks that Scarface is dragonslaying racist scum. From the elven town of Fhalinshire in the Plata Forest (located where Canada is for us, pretty much). We've already visited it and fought some orcs, so that's resolved.
WARLOCK WHOSE NAME ESCAPES ME: From the same town as Flenam. Few motivations that I know of.
SAPHIRA: Frontline sorcerer gold dragon (... sweatdrop ). No backstory or motivations that I know of.
ARES: A samurai. Sticks around because he likes to fight. Least chaotic character I've ever seen from this player, I'm kind of impressed. Plus, he respects a good cleric!
RAJJAX: A scout, played by said DM. I haven't seen him in action for a few sessions, so I don't know if he even still exists or what. He's the guy who serves Oddvaar's dragon dad. I don't know why. He doesn't do anything for him, really.
RECENT EVENTS: In a sewer in the town of Hearthglen. Defeated epic beastie.
The gist of what I have so far: Cultists in the sewer were an odd illusion made by Scarface, as discovered by their disappearance when hit by our magical weapons. We go to our insane multiclasser's hometown of Steelwood, which everyone insisted has been destroyed. It's not, though it has been fighting with Scarface's devils and undead sometimes, so it is smaller than it was before. Since we're underequipped, their silver dragon council leader will give us good weapons and armor (we're talking +4 holy instead of +1 flaming!), then give Oddvaar the remnants of a destroyed artifact weapon of the town. Go to mountains. Get "moonsteel" (it was the multiclasser's invention. I forget what it does.). Reforge into sword. Go to old battlefield outside the city. While it's known to be haunted, it has a surprising lack of ghosts and such. Find either a portal to whichever plane it is that devils live on (we've done little plane-hopping; we've only been to the Material and Ysgard planes, so I can't seem to remember them all). Scarface either uses his true form or fuses with something for a devil form (nobody bothered to give him stats, so we're keeping Scarface himself abstract). Fight. Use sword and miracle/wish to keep him dead. Talk with sea goddess or Bahamut, depending on the character. Resolve character stories.

Ideas?

3,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I am actually a little thrilled that Cometfall worked well. Glad to hear it helped.

As for Scarface, I'm afraid you may want to stat him up a bit for the heroic final conflict. Make a home-brew class for him if need be.

As for the storyline, I'd include either some undead in the haunted area, or maybe make Scarface a Death Giant who hid his true form until now and has been absorbing souls to fuel some spell to give him immortality or something. (I'm not sure what Scarface did to wrong people until now, I'm just shooting in the dark.)

And as for the plane the devils live on, off the top of my head, I think its Baator. But you may need to be more specific as to what level. I think there are 9 levels and they all have different traites.

Sounds pretty good though.

PS:
How is someone playing a full dragon with class levels? Or are they just a high enough level to cast the dragon's spells? (i.e. are they using the Draconimicon (I think) rules for Dragon level?)

3,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Another interesting idea would be to have the Silver Dragon, or some other semingly unimportant character, actually be evil, and masterminding the whole thing behind the scenes. He's using Scarface as a puppet to get the players to the devil realms for some reason. Maybe because going there and killing Scarface on a certain plane will unlock some ancient door to release nameless evil#62 into the world.

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ruin Ankou
I am actually a little thrilled that Cometfall worked well. Glad to hear it helped.

As for Scarface, I'm afraid you may want to stat him up a bit for the heroic final conflict. Make a home-brew class for him if need be.

As for the storyline, I'd include either some undead in the haunted area, or maybe make Scarface a Death Giant who hid his true form until now and has been absorbing souls to fuel some spell to give him immortality or something. (I'm not sure what Scarface did to wrong people until now, I'm just shooting in the dark.)

And as for the plane the devils live on, off the top of my head, I think its Baator. But you may need to be more specific as to what level. I think there are 9 levels and they all have different traites.

Sounds pretty good though.

PS:
How is someone playing a full dragon with class levels? Or are they just a high enough level to cast the dragon's spells? (i.e. are they using the Draconimicon (I think) rules for Dragon level?)

I said to study Draconomicon. Neither she nor the DM listened. They just added sorcerer and rogue (I thought she was just sorcerer until a few days ago, actually) levels to the gold dragon wyrmling in the Monster Manual.

About Scarface... To avert the issue (he has uberleet magic, yet our first DM says he's a monk), I plan to have him assume the form of a pit fiend... His god is a god of devils, and he is an avatar of sorts. With a surprise or two, for we could pwn a normal one.

We're talking about THE END here. I think that the DM wants this to end soon. Frankly, I'd like to try another campaign as well. I'd love to pull a twist like that, but that has been so overused in this campaign. An old guy wants us to get a vampire's head. DM pulls that "sort of evil" $#!& on us. GET YOUR ALIGNMENTS STRAIGHT! Old guy is actually Scarface. We find a random arena in a cult's dungeon, forced to fight by... Scarface.
Also, the dragon plot twists have gone on long enough in this campaign, sorry.

...I miss our first DM... Well, he's still around, playing a samurai, but he doesn't DM, sadly. He was the best, despite his world being populated with 99% racist human fighters. The remaining 1% are the PCs, my character's hometown of elvishness, Oddvaar's hometown of mage guardedness, and the monsters. He was the best storyteller, and incorporated a few more rules than our current DM.

Again, thanks for the cometfall. That beastie a sploded.

3,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
If you guys are 20th level the dragon should only be a level 4 Sorc/4 Rogue, because a age 0, Gold dragon wyrmling has 8 HD and a +4 level adjustment. And if you have been campaigning for years, he'd have less levels, because you have to take a "level" of dragon every couple of years.

This will cause some problems in deteremining what you should fight. However, if you think they can handle it - Look in Fiendish Code II: Tyrant of the Nine Hells. Take the Aspect of Asmodeus and use it. Because Asmodeus is pretty much the god of Baator, the Nine Hells. They also have a CR 12 Asmodeus Aspect further in the book, and you could add Monk levels to fit if you'd prefer.

Hell, make Scarface actually Asmodedeus if you wanted to go nuts.

And I am very glad beastie asplode.

3,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
You could also try using the Elder Evil, Zargon. (If you have the book.) But add levels to it to taste. Though even once you kill Zargon, the easy part, you have to take his horn to be destroyed. And if you take too long, he reforms around the horn.

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ruin Ankou
If you guys are 20th level the dragon should only be a level 4 Sorc/4 Rogue, because a age 0, Gold dragon wyrmling has 8 HD and a +4 level adjustment. And if you have been campaigning for years, he'd have less levels, because you have to take a "level" of dragon every couple of years.

This will cause some problems in deteremining what you should fight. However, if you think they can handle it - Look in Fiendish Code II: Tyrant of the Nine Hells. Take the Aspect of Asmodeus and use it. Because Asmodeus is pretty much the god of Baator, the Nine Hells. They also have a CR 12 Asmodeus Aspect further in the book, and you could add Monk levels to fit if you'd prefer.

Hell, make Scarface actually Asmodedeus if you wanted to go nuts.

And I am very glad beastie asplode.

The thing about this campaign is that we just keep on going. It's probably taken less than a month (time travel not counted) in game time!

I don't have any of those books... Dang. Also, that wouldn't explain how he can use epic spells. He's just an insanely rigged classless beastie. Our DMs have all had issues with specificity. Unknown HD monster, no class for Scarface, etc. It's a real mess. And now my sister wants to DM the next campaign. Hopefully I can get her to follow the books to at least some degree.
Plus, our current DM makes up drawbacks where they shouldn't be. He once asked someone to make a "run check" to avoid falling over while walking on difficult terrain. But I digress.

Romantic Lunatic

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conversationalist 100
"They're only Bullywugs."
Which then proceeded to COMPLETELY decimate the entire party.

3,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Damn devil frogs!!

Freakin' things are misleading.

Here's a good one:

"Okay, so what's your party's marching order again?"

or the variant:
"Okay, so you're in the back, right?"

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
DM: "Sure you can play a Warlock, but we're going to have to change a few things. I'm going to limit the number of times you can use your Eldritch Blast per day."

PC/Me: *Look of annoyed disgust*

3,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
That completely nerfs the class! It is literally the main weapon of the class! What was his justification for that?

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Silvia Crow
DM: "Sure you can play a Warlock, but we're going to have to change a few things. I'm going to limit the number of times you can use your Eldritch Blast per day."

Grah! It's once per round. It's weaker than most spells! We have a warlock in our party, he's always the one getting incapacitated or locked in a glass box (in dark discorporation form).
Also, the invocation selection is severely limited.

Oh no, you don't have one of those DMs who doesn't know the rules he/she needs to know, do you?

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Evilweirdo 0
Silvia Crow

Grah! It's once per round. It's weaker than most spells! We have a warlock in our party, he's always the one getting incapacitated or locked in a glass box (in dark discorporation form).

Oh no, you don't have one of those DMs who doesn't know the rules he/she needs to know, do you?

He just has this..."thing" against arcane casters....

3,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Silvia Crow
Evilweirdo 0
Silvia Crow

Which I can undestand, you'know, against casters. I've met alot of people with the same problem. (Which I think the BoNS fixed, but seperate discussion.)

The Warlock doesn't have a real spell list, and so, by my definition, isn't a caster.

Now if his problem is just against Arcane things in general, he really shouldn't take it out on you. He should just not play Arcane casters on his own time.

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Silvia Crow
Evilweirdo 0
Silvia Crow

I know what you mean.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces