Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you play D&D?

Yes, cause I'm cool 0.90051020408163 90.1% [ 1412 ]
No, cause i'm stupid 0.099489795918367 9.9% [ 156 ]
Total Votes:[ 1568 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 145 146 147 > >> >>> »|

"Oh, right the rogue died... this will be interesting." After having just entered a cavern marked on a map as "treasure hole" in undercommon. The Paladin didn't make it out of that cave in one piece.

Dangerous Lunatic

Rockwarrior v2.0
Habuki Arcana Kuragari
Rockwarrior v2.0
Habuki Arcana Kuragari
Time to roll for wild magic!

what is it with you and wild magic?
DM cursed my character with "wild magic." Basically my spells have a 30% mandatory chance of failing, then a 70% chance of becoming a random spell rolled at a random level after they have failed. It afflicts everything below the 6th lvl spells.

about the godmoder thing, my bad, i thought it sais is only affected.

"DC save, 20, no mods"
It's a blessing and a curse at times... My spells cannot transform themselves into legendary spells... but that doesn't stop them from becoming something else. We've had fireballs explode in our faces, demons summoned in the middle of combat, and other things that are just plain hillarious at the moment.

Then again, it doesn't help that the DM seems to always stick in an Umber Hulk attack whenever we're underground. My character runs from those...

Dangerous Player

so, we have a pyro mage, a half-red dragon and a figter with a flametongue as his only remaining weapon... okay, i'll stick you into a room full of explosives with a magmin.

Dangerous Player

Habuki Arcana Kuragari
Rockwarrior v2.0
Habuki Arcana Kuragari
Rockwarrior v2.0
Habuki Arcana Kuragari

DM cursed my character with "wild magic." Basically my spells have a 30% mandatory chance of failing, then a 70% chance of becoming a random spell rolled at a random level after they have failed. It afflicts everything below the 6th lvl spells.

"DC save, 20, no mods"
It's a blessing and a curse at times... My spells cannot transform themselves into legendary spells... but that doesn't stop them from becoming something else. We've had fireballs explode in our faces, demons summoned in the middle of combat, and other things that are just plain hillarious at the moment.

Then again, it doesn't help that the DM seems to always stick in an Umber Hulk attack whenever we're underground. My character runs from those...
lol, i use to slay those things for practice.

Dangerous Player

"I think it's about time you start worshipping lloth, don't you think, i mean, the drow are a bit more merciful towards those worshirpping their goddess."

Dangerous Player

"how hard could a tarrasaque be?"
Rockwarrior v2.0
so, we have a pyro mage, a half-red dragon and a figter with a flametongue as his only remaining weapon... okay, i'll stick you into a room full of explosives with a magmin.

XD my character'd love to see that explosion. (on a sidenote, what's a flametongue? it sounds interesting..)

on the main topic of this thread..:

"i just got some new stirge minis!" (our group's had a really bad experience with those vile little buggers.. sweatdrop my poor bard has a constitution of 8 now.. and that's AFTER some healing.)

and, the classic "*snicker, snicker..*" .. you KNOW something's gonna go down after your DM does that.
Rockwarrior v2.0
Mediumrareme
Hmm, I haven't been playing too long, but I hate it when the DM says "Poof" <.<

when a dm says that, it is fact quite scary.

Yeah, just a bit. Especially because he gets all arm flaily and dramatic about the action. xD

Dangerous Player

Mattarias
Rockwarrior v2.0

XD my character'd love to see that explosion. (on a sidenote, what's a flametongue? it sounds interesting..)

on the main topic of this thread..:

"i just got some new stirge minis!" (our group's had a really bad experience with those vile little buggers.. sweatdrop my poor bard has a constitution of 8 now.. and that's AFTER some healing.)

and, the classic "*snicker, snicker..*" .. you KNOW something's gonna go down after your DM does that.

flametongue, um, its a +2 longsword that deals extra fire damage. i don't exactly know all of it of the top of my head.

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Rockwarrior v2.0
"how hard could a tarrasaque be?"

xd I love using that one!

My favorite one to use (because I allways DM), was this:

Me: "Roll a Fortitude save..."
Player: "Why? I didn't get poisoned, did I?"
Me: "No, just roll one, and give it a -2 penalty..."
Player: "Er...*rolls a 16* Ha! And with a +6 to my Fort, that makes it 20! What was all that for?..."
Me: "Nothing biggrin , I was just wasting your good rolls now for when you fight the boss..."

The one that my DM did that got me irritated was:

DM: "You see something silver on the ground in front of you..."
Me (thinking it was spare change): "...O-tay, I walk forward and pick it up...?"
DM: *Snickers*
Me: "What was that for?"
DM: "Make a Strength check..."
Me (being oblivious as allways): "All right...?" *rolls a 3...with my Str*
DM: *Laughs, and starts rolling masses of dice*
Me: "Wait, what's all that for?!"
DM: "Let me see... a bite, four claws, and a tail. Make a reflex save against it's breath weapon..."

And of course I fail the Reflex save, and the party finds itself in dire combat with an ancient Silver Dragon, all because I failed to ask "how big is the siver?"...

Dangerous Lunatic

Rockwarrior v2.0
Habuki Arcana Kuragari
Rockwarrior v2.0
Habuki Arcana Kuragari
Rockwarrior v2.0
Habuki Arcana Kuragari

"DC save, 20, no mods"

lol, i use to slay those things for practice.
I make my characters unnaturally fearful of Umber Hulks..
"Moo."

My DM has a rule where, if you're annoying him, or going completely against the logical/group decision just to delay game, he'll say "Moo."

If he moos 3 time, you're suddenly struck by a bolt of lightining that leaves a cow shaped scar. (Damage= Dice within reach)

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
My Final Requiem
"Moo."

My DM has a rule where, if you're annoying him, or going completely against the logical/group decision just to delay game, he'll say "Moo."

If he moos 3 time, you're suddenly struck by a bolt of lightining that leaves a cow shaped scar. (Damage= Dice within reach)

I heard of a group who used a 'quote bat'.

The rule?

You may only quote the Dead Ale Wives once per session. If it continued, you got hit with the sand filled bat.

From what I've been told, it was very effective.

Also something I don't like hearing: 'You're sure about that?'
I remember my DM, shortly after 2nd Ed AD&D came out, getting into a really nasty habit. The conversation would go something like this:

DM: How many hit points do you have again?

Player: XXX HP

DM: (rolls a rather large sounding amount of dice behind his DM's screen) Oh... Oh, my... Ummmm... (looks at player) Never mind... Carry on...

It was always a 50/50 chance that either nothing at all was going to happen (he was just keeping us on our toes), or something really, REALLY nasty was coming after us. Like red dragon/minor demon/massive orc warparty kind of nasty.

And it got worse after I stupidly intorduced the bugger to Grimtooth's Traps. (If you're not familiar with Grimtooth, Google it. I swear the producers of the Saw series of movies have read Grimtooth one too many times.) wink
Punk Fox TH
My Final Requiem
"Moo."

I heard of a group who used a 'quote bat'.

The rule?

You may only quote the Dead Ale Wives once per session. If it continued, you got hit with the sand filled bat.

From what I've been told, it was very effective.

Also something I don't like hearing: 'You're sure about that?'

My DM has a rule.

xD

Anyone who tries to make a Dire Rat Flail calls down a swarm of immortal rodents on themselves for displeasing the Dire Rat god.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff