Welcome to Gaia! ::

After my Walmart ran out of Descent boosters(never had decks), they stopped coming in. I work overnight stocking. As a whole, Vanguard hasn't hit hard enough to make it to all the major retails' stores. I think that is a good thing. more support for local card shops.

Aged Codger

8,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
.[FoxBoy~DigiMatt].
After my Walmart ran out of Descent boosters(never had decks), they stopped coming in. I work overnight stocking. As a whole, Vanguard hasn't hit hard enough to make it to all the major retails' stores. I think that is a good thing. more support for local card shops.
The only problem with that is not everyone has a local card shop

But for that, the INTERNET
Toltirr
Extra Booster set.. has sme Megacolony stuff. as well as those Shadow Palis some peeps want.

Not much mind you but a couple things..
Still lacking a fair bit of triggers to making thebugs.. oh well.
Some Royal Palis too.. so they're not completely forgotten yet.

I want the set for the Shadow Paladins so I can make my deck for them.

Distinct Genius

So has anyone taken a serious look at Nova Grapplers as of Set 6? Or am I the only one? Would like to know because I would like to post my deck list to get some pointers/ suggestions.

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
So as someone who was introduced to this via a friend over the internet--met him during my college years, still keep track of each other when face-to-face is impossible--and do not yet wish to spend any money in this game out of fear of not liking it, are there anyways of me trying this particular product for free online? If so, where might I go?

I tried checking out the anime, but that left me more confused than reading any rules set. I learn by playing with these kinds of things. But still consider myself with a tentative interest.

As a bit of history for myself, I consider myself a casual player of Magic, and a most definite ex-player of YGO, and used to play Duel Masters when it was printed. How easy would it be to transition from those to this?

Consider this a post of curiosity, and your chance to try and sell this product to me. I'm all ears and very curious to this up-and-coming TCG.

Aged Codger

8,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Seph Baelzara
So as someone who was introduced to this via a friend over the internet--met him during my college years, still keep track of each other when face-to-face is impossible--and do not yet wish to spend any money in this game out of fear of not liking it, are there anyways of me trying this particular product for free online? If so, where might I go?

I tried checking out the anime, but that left me more confused than reading any rules set. I learn by playing with these kinds of things. But still consider myself with a tentative interest.

As a bit of history for myself, I consider myself a casual player of Magic, and a most definite ex-player of YGO, and used to play Duel Masters when it was printed. How easy would it be to transition from those to this?

Consider this a post of curiosity, and your chance to try and sell this product to me. I'm all ears and very curious to this up-and-coming TCG.
First thing you want to do is find out if anyone in your area plays, because if no one in your area plays it's kinda pointless
Seph Baelzara

Youtube has some how to play videos. You might want to find a player base too, then have them help you with the rules.

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Seph Baelzara

If I recall right.
The Facebook Page as an interactive demo. that gives you a basic run down on game mechanics.. Basics mind you. Pretty basic one. Also I am not sure.. but a digital program not unlike the DN for YGO may also exist where you can mess around with ideas and see if the game is to your liking.

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
pulse dragon
First thing you want to do is find out if anyone in your area plays, because if no one in your area plays it's kinda pointless

Hahaha. Funny joke. I live in a hicktown with the closest store that sells any kind of cards a few miles away. Up and down hill. That's a Wal-Mart. I don't even know where a "local game shop" may be.

Itherial
Youtube has some how to play videos. You might want to find a player base too, then have them help you with the rules.

I was told the anime had a showcase of how the rules worked, too. So YouTube won't be of much more help. But as I said in my previous post, I learn by actually playing the game. Not by watching. Thus my curiosity of any online programs to play it.

Toltirr
If I recall right.
The Facebook Page as an interactive demo. that gives you a basic run down on game mechanics.. Basics mind you. Pretty basic one. Also I am not sure.. but a digital program not unlike the DN for YGO may also exist where you can mess around with ideas and see if the game is to your liking.

Hey, if I can get the basics down and understand it from there, that's all well and awesome!
I've been looking for a program to play it online. There was one on BYOND, but that's since gone defunct, as of this post.

Many thanks all

Aged Codger

8,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Seph Baelzara
pulse dragon

Hahaha. Funny joke. I live in a hicktown with the closest store that sells any kind of cards a few miles away. Up and down hill. That's a Wal-Mart. I don't even know where a "local game shop" may be.
Honestly, I wouldn't waste the money then.

Unless you want to be creepy and stand by the cards at walmart then every time someone looks at them ask if they play

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
pulse dragon
Seph Baelzara
pulse dragon

Honestly, I wouldn't waste the money then.

Unless you want to be creepy and stand by the cards at walmart then every time someone looks at them ask if they play

Hmm as he said.. well not the creepy part. But look at the online options though see if there is any sort of gaming/hobby shop or even local rec/community center that runs things.
Don't listen to them. Be the creepy guy.
Do it.
Also... I find playmates to be getting terribly large these days. I can take one WoW TCG playmate, put it on the table perpendicular, have it reach all the way across the table, and comfortably fit Vanguard in for both players. Put it in normal ways, and it still goes past the middle of the table, so having two placemats is just annoying.

I know Magic and YGO and Pokemon need more room than Vanguard, but holy bejeebus. It's like these things were manufactured by John Hancock's offspring!
11th August, 2012
Booster Set 3: Demonic Lord Invasion will be released internationally.

New Pale Moon and Dimension Police clans are introduced.
Able to make a Dark Irregulars decks.

Includes 8 different Clans. There are cards from Dark Irregulars, Pale Moon, Tachikaze, Royal Paladin, Oracle Think Tank, Nova Grappler, Dimension Police and Kagerō.
Plus "Rampage of the Beast King"(makes me think of Leomon) and "Banquet of Divas" are coming out in fall, too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff