Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Committee Staff Guildswoman

4,500 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Contributor 150
  • nuGen Staff 25
I haven't played Vanguard in years, but a friend has told me a small bit about whats new and I'm intrigued in the new Standard Mode. Is it worth starting over in Standard or is it WAY too limited?

Dapper WolfMan 's Husbando

Friendly Healer

15,615 Points
  • Married 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Flatterer 200
Matchmaker 3000
I haven't played Vanguard in years, but a friend has told me a small bit about what's new and I'm intrigued in the new Standard Mode. Is it worth starting over in Standard or is it WAY too limited?

I would honestly say it's totally worth it. It's definitely easier and more straightforward when it comes to introducing people in Vanguard with the V Era if you want to introduce others to the game. But if you're not really interested in Standard, there is Premium. That format is basically all of your old cards, now with the new V Era cards available to you as well. But, what have you heard about the reboot?
Right now, they only have out (In the USA) is:
(Unite! Q4 Booster Box) Royal Paladins, Kagero, OTT, Nova Grappler
(Extra Booster 1: Destructive Roar) Megacolony, Spike Brothers, Tachakazie
(Extra Booster 2: Champions of Asia Circuit) Aqua Force, Dimension Police, and lastly Granblue!

They have introduced two decks (which aren't actually that bad) that is Royal Paladin and Kagero.

The next booster box, Strongest! AL4, will include:
Shadow Paladin, Pale Moon, Murakumo, and Dark Irregulars!
After that will be a mini booster, PSYquilla, for Royal Paladins and Kagero.
Then an Extra Booster Set, Ultra Miracle Rare, for Angel Feather (My favorite), Neo Nectar, and Gold Paladin.

Manly Sleuth

15,350 Points
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Matchmaker 3000
I haven't played Vanguard in years, but a friend has told me a small bit about whats new and I'm intrigued in the new Standard Mode. Is it worth starting over in Standard or is it WAY too limited?
How odd to find you here as well you have been on 3 of my faved threads one of them being my own... are you trying to spread your influence or just stalking me?

4,500 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Contributor 150
  • nuGen Staff 25
King of Knights Paris
How odd to find you here as well you have been on 3 of my faved threads one of them being my own... are you trying to spread your influence or just stalking me?

lol I don't think you can see other people's faved threads. (Well, not that I know of)
Also I posted here before we PMd sweatdrop
Didn't mean to come off as stalkery if we keep bumping into each other.
I actually was a pretty avid player back in the day. Not super competitive mind you, but played at my locals frequently, that's why I posted here sweatdrop

Manly Sleuth

15,350 Points
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Matchmaker 3000
King of Knights Paris

lol I don't think you can see other people's faved threads. (Well, not that I know of)
I actually was a pretty avid player back in the day. Not super competitive mind you, but played at my locals frequently, that's why I posted here sweatdrop
I as just half joking really I know you arent the stalker type, and I am really looking forward to meeting whomever you think is my match at least now you know I play vanguard, I used to main Royals for a couple months until Aichi started maining Golds, stuck with gold all through the limit break format, the glorious legion format and the ugh... G-era format in which got frequent cans of whoopass served on my side of the table. I stuck with the clan but now that im a bit more affluent I think I can buy a new deck every now and then so I figure ill use 3 clans with one being my main.

Again I was just joking on how we seem to see eachother often. Im looking forward to your assistance.

4,500 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Contributor 150
  • nuGen Staff 25
King of Knights Paris
Matchmaker 3000
King of Knights Paris

I as just half joking really I know you arent the stalker type, and I am really looking forward to meeting whomever you think is my match at least now you know I play vanguard, I used to main Royals for a couple months until Aichi started maining Golds, stuck with gold all through the limit break format, the glorious legion format and the ugh... G-era format in which got frequent cans of whoopass served on my side of the table. I stuck with the clan but now that im a bit more affluent I think I can buy a new deck every now and then so I figure ill use 3 clans with one being my main.

Again I was just joking on how we seem to see eac hother often. Im looking forward to your assistance.

I figured you were kidding, but one can never be too sure. Hard to tell when you're simply reading text sweatdrop
When I came into the game I immediately fell in love with CEO Amy and Silent Tom heart
So I stuck with the Oracles for a while and then when I saw Silver Wolf as it came out I was like 'Gurl I need me 4 of these like right now!' lol and As soon as it came out I built a Gold Paladins deck.
I still mained Oracles for all of my Vanguard life, because CEO Amy and Tom are just gorgeous as all hell whee , but I played with Golds and Royals on the side heart . My hubby wasnt too into it, but he ran the Dark irregulars. He loved Amon. It wasnt long after the Reverse cards came out that we stopped playing though. sweatdrop

Manly Sleuth

15,350 Points
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Matchmaker 3000
King of Knights Paris
Matchmaker 3000
King of Knights Paris

Again I was just joking on how we seem to see eac hother often. Im looking forward to your assistance.

I figured you were kidding, but one can never be too sure. Hard to tell when you're simply reading text sweatdrop
When I came into the game I immediately fell in love with CEO Amy and Silent Tom heart
So I stuck with the Oracles for a while and then when I saw Silver Wolf as it came out I was like 'Gurl I need me 4 of these like right now!' lol and As soon as it came out I built a Gold Paladins deck.
I still mained Oracles for all of my Vanguard life, because CEO Amy and Tom are just gorgeous as all hell whee , but I played with Golds and Royals on the side heart . My hubby wasnt too into it, but he ran the Dark irregulars. He loved Amon. It wasnt long after the Reverse cards came out that we stopped playing though. sweatdrop
Did you also write some Amaterasu/Silent Tom Fanfictio like "The Bodyguard"? If you havent you can have the idea from me, free of charge. you look pretty CEOish yourself. You should go back to Vanguard as Oracle is the strongest deck in the current meta. Although it mostly focuses on Imperial Daughter as the ace CEO is the second best in the deck but damn imperial daughters are pricey.
Hello guys, I figure it's been a while since I've shared a deck, this one Is my 2nd standard deck. my first was kageros but to be honest...it just didn't feel special or fun to me. Back during G-era I kept telling myself to build spikes but I just never got around to it, so I figured standard would be a nice time to branch out. Other than that...the deck is decent, nothing to crazy though [but then again the same could be said for anything in standard atm]. Hyped out about angel feathers though.

sorry about the picture quality, phone auto-turn thing likes to turn off

Shirtless Noob

Matchmaker 3000
King of Knights Paris
Matchmaker 3000
King of Knights Paris

Oh man, I friggin loved Tom like all hell! XD haha Favorite Vanguard card hands down! heart emotion_drool
I didnt main OCC but I it was definitively the deck that I started with~
My main for the longest had to be Royals and I quit around the same time which was about when the Reverse cards were coming out.
I heard about the new standard cards, but since not much of my pals play I only collect them as singles on occasion when I see some cards with neat art.
Have you seen the new Tom? He looks pretty sweet, just not as sexy as his prior version. BLOOP LINK~

Adorable Lunatic

16,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Waffles! 25
Matchmaker 3000

Standard is very new or returning player friendly. You don't really have to worry about anything that came before, and decks are generally pretty inexpensive to build compared to their G and Premium format counterparts.

Dedicated Hunter

8,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm currently running an RP for Cardfight Vanguard if anyone is interested!

https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/series-related-miscellaneous-role-play/stand-up-vanguard-o-a/t.104963487_1/

Manly Sleuth

15,350 Points
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Okay then Ren's arc is basically done... I think its time to ask the hard question not which Ren is better but which Ren YOU liked better?

The ruthless power mad one from OG series or the more character driven tragic Villain from V-Series?
I kind of skipped the whole season 1 of the new v-series lol. but I am liking the 2 episodes of the high shool arc at least. also excited for when december swings around and my angels and neo necter comes in

Dapper WolfMan 's Husbando

Friendly Healer

15,615 Points
  • Married 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Flatterer 200
Angelic Clover
I kind of skipped the whole season 1 of the new v-series lol. but I am liking the 2 episodes of the high shool arc at least. also excited for when december swings around and my angels and neo necter comes in

Heck yesss! I'm so excited for my Angels and my Paladins! I preordered two boxes because me and friend are splitting those boxes.
He wanted to get back into the game, and his first and favorited clan, with Neo Nectar.
So, he gets all of the Neo Nectar while I basically get the rest lol. I was originally gonna do Neo Nectar as well, but yeah!

Dangerous Businesswoman

12,150 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Signature Look 250
  • Junior Trader 100
So i'm currently toying with a deck idea some feed back be great.

G0
1x Lozenge Magus
4x Weather Forcaster, Miss Mist
4x Oracle Guardian Nike
3x Psychic Bird
1x Miracle Kid

G1
4x Circle Magus
3x Cuore Magus
2x Wheel Crane
2x Oracle Guardian Gemini
1x Tetra Magus