Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Conversationalist

Necropath
So am I the only one who sees Moonsilver Spear joining Runechanter's Pike in Mage-Blade?
Edit: Also, I want a play-set of Killing Wave.

Lol I would like a playset as well. Gotta (over) justify giving people a 8 drop that is indestructible and gives it to everything else by giving black mages a reduced cost BSZ don't cha know? Lol

Dapper Puppy

Dark Hunter Akala
I'm so excited for Temporal Mastery.
I like Griselbrand too, but I don't think he's playable.
I have to agree. The cost is just too high. But, if you are playing a deck that can sneak him into play like Sneak Attack, think about it.

Druids' Repository: There is just something about this card I don't like. Mainly because the only good way I see playing it is in a R/G beatdown deck to use the mana on an X spell. This card is just one mana too much to see reliable play.

Moonsilver Spear: I will argue that this is playable, especially in green beatdown decks.

Soulbound: I just don't like it. Gives me bad thoughts about Banding.

Dedcadent Pants

Albern Puppy
Soulbound: I just don't like it. Gives me bad thoughts about Banding.

It is a kind of banding. What's obnoxious about it, though, is that you're going to have to have a good memory or mark the cards in some way for the long games, so that you don't wind up with a dozen soulbound critters all with flying lifelink and first strike because you can't remember which ones are actually bound with which ones.

Mythical Rare

I usually keep my creatures seperated from each other by at least half an inch; for soulbound creatures, I'd probably just put them right next to each other.

[] [] [] [][] [] [] [][] []

Like that: 5th/6th and 9th/10th creatures would be soulbound. Leaves room for tucking auras and equipment underneath as well as tapping.

Seems a pretty simple solution to me. *shrug*

Bashful Browser

What I might do with Soulbound dudes, is semi stack them somehow. Put them halfway covering each other while still leaving most of each card visible.

Shouldn't be too hard.

The other thing I'd do in tournament settings, is write down the bound pairings on the paper I'm using to keep track of life. The legality of that would need confirming and I'm too lazy to search right now, but I don't see why it'd be cheating since which creature is bound to what is public information.

EDIT: just looked at the spoiler and hello new best RW general in the game.

Sure she's expensive but that ability is soooo multiplayer friendly it's seriously silly. It is unbelievably good to finally have an option for a RW general that isn't either just an overcosted fatty (Razia) or a strict build around me card (Jor Kadeem, Basandra.)

And since you're playing R/W there's even a decent chance your opponents will decide they're sufficiently un-scared of you that they'll take the bonus damage against each other rather than immediately remove her.

EDIT, the second: Having searched for RW generals, there's also Brion Stoutarm and Agrus Kos which don't fit into the above categories exactly but they're just... boring. I thought Brion was good until I saw him played and realized he can't hit creatures. Kos is kinda build around me, less strict than Basandra and Kadeem but not really good either. Gisela is still solidly my pick for best RW general.

Shirtless Codger

I'm half expecting a creature with "This creature gets +2/+2 for each other creature paired with it"

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
They're really gunning for Angels this round aren't they? 5 Angels so far. While this makes me well pleased and their abilities are pretty snazzy(at least Casual wise) to boot. I'm wondering how playable they'd be on a more aggressive scale given a good number of the CMC is still fairly high. I'm hoping to see some low cost, efficient angels as well just like the Vampires got in the Zendikar block. Something snappy to show Angels can be a contender as well besides big fluffy flyers that smack hard if you can survive long enough to play them.

Still a good amount of the set to be revealed so maybe that will be the case. Here's hoping.

il-Lashtavar
I'm half expecting a creature with "This creature gets +2/+2 for each other creature paired with it"

Since you can only pair unpaired cards and both get the same bonus, it'd be more appropriate for it to give the +2/+2 to both creatures. What I do expect is some +1/+1 for each paired card.

Zeddicuus
They're really gunning for Angels this round aren't they? 5 Angels so far. While this makes me well pleased and their abilities are pretty snazzy(at least Casual wise) to boot. I'm wondering how playable they'd be on a more aggressive scale given a good number of the CMC is still fairly high. I'm hoping to see some low cost, efficient angels as well just like the Vampires got in the Zendikar block. Something snappy to show Angels can be a contender as well besides big fluffy flyers that smack hard if you can survive long enough to play them.

Still a good amount of the set to be revealed so maybe that will be the case. Here's hoping.

I doubt it. It's lik asking for a decent number of 1, 2, and 3 drop Dragons. It's probably outside of the realm of possibility... cause even the babies cost 4 at a minimum. Though there are 2 2 cost angels, all the rest are running to the same boat as Dragons.

Shirtless Codger

Kento the Nogitsune
il-Lashtavar

Since you can only pair unpaired cards and both get the same bonus, it'd be more appropriate for it to give the +2/+2 to both creatures. What I do expect is some +1/+1 for each paired card.
S'pose I should have read the text more carefully.

Dedcadent Pants

@Epic
I dunno. I still like Basandra, though I'll definitely be picking up a Gisela (for both Basandra and Kaalia). She's awesome, but just too pricey for a deck that can't reasonably expect to find sufficient lands in a reliable manner.

She does, however, allow you to use cards like Condemn and some of the traps.

Dedcadent Pants

New PW up.

She's...well...interesting. She's clearly a tap-out blue model, so she's not going to be immediately powerful.

However, I think she's got a lot of potential. If you can rev her up to her ultimate, you can use Brainstorm every turn for free. You could have endless Lightning Bolts or Swords to Plowshares. I think she's got potential, and is just going to take a creative player to unlock her.

I'm a bit disappointed in Bruna, but meh, not too surprising. Seems like a powerful enough EDH general, and gives you something to do with "dead" auras.

Emancipation Angel is kickass. She's a great card.

Also, no one has mentioned how nasty Nightshade Peddler can be. Combine it with Sparkmage Apprentice for a 2 CMC creature that kills a creature when it enters the battlefield.

I'm pretty sure we can say that AVR's power level is pretty ramped up. The Vexing Devil, Temporal Mastery, Emancipation Angel...this is a scary set.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
LiaThistle
New PW up.

She's...well...interesting. She's clearly a tap-out blue model, so she's not going to be immediately powerful.

However, I think she's got a lot of potential. If you can rev her up to her ultimate, you can use Brainstorm every turn for free. You could have endless Lightning Bolts or Swords to Plowshares. I think she's got potential, and is just going to take a creative player to unlock her.

I'm a bit disappointed in Bruna, but meh, not too surprising. Seems like a powerful enough EDH general, and gives you something to do with "dead" auras.

Emancipation Angel is kickass. She's a great card.

Also, no one has mentioned how nasty Nightshade Peddler can be. Combine it with Sparkmage Apprentice for a 2 CMC creature that kills a creature when it enters the battlefield.

I'm pretty sure we can say that AVR's power level is pretty ramped up. The Vexing Devil, Temporal Mastery, Emancipation Angel...this is a scary set.

While I agree that it's a scary looking deck, I also feel that the CMC evens it out for most of the legendary creatures. I feel like alot of the angels won't get play in standard due to the cost but as generals they are gonna rock.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
I love the concept of Bruna. Between her and the Verduran/Mesa Enchantress, you can really deck her out and have massive card draw all in one go! Add on to that Ancestral Mask... She could get pretty vicious.

Emancipation Angel shows I may be right though! They may be trying to make Angel tribal into something more than Casual candy! There is still 3 pieces of Angel art on Wizard's website unaccounted for yet, so here's hoping we see more efficient ones!

Zeddicuus
I love the concept of Bruna. Between her and the Verduran/Mesa Enchantress, you can really deck her out and have massive card draw all in one go! Add on to that Ancestral Mask... She could get pretty vicious.

Emancipation Angel shows I may be right though! They may be trying to make Angel tribal into something more than Casual candy! There is still 3 pieces of Angel art on Wizard's website unaccounted for yet, so here's hoping we see more efficient ones!

... Really? A 3 cmc that returns your cards to your hand is efficient? And here I thought it was a bit underwhelming... so in case you weren't looking:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As for the new PW... in a set of badass, high-end things so far, she's amongtheleast impressive imo. 5 cmc, 4 loyalty, -8 ultimate, with a +1 that could have been better... like tapping 2. Come on Frost Breath~ Her -2 is great, but her +1 makes it pretty lack luster vs control unless you run a lot of tap out. Like Dungeon Geists, Nibil's, the afore mentioned Frost Breath, Frost Titan, etc. All and all, change the +1 to two, lower the cost by 1, and lower the ultimate by 2 or 3, and you'd have a decent PW... I'm kinda disappointed by it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff