Welcome to Gaia! ::

Battle-ready Duck

even though this is bullshet, thank you to everyone who bought the favors !
i'm glad no one had to go without their favorite towns colors. QUQ

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Flux
sterek
OH THANK ******** GAMBINO SOLD OUT
Now let's never do this pay-to-vote thing again, ok? Ok. Cool. Thanks.

It will most likely happen again, anything that sells will keep happening.

I expect this at least once a month from now on.

And probably with the price going up. xp

Because if Gaia sees that people were willing to spend 499 for an item then surely they'll pay 599 using the same "the item want be made unless sold out" tactic.

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

I don't know how I feel about them selling out... now this kind of "event" won't stop :<

Cottontail

I definitely wish this promotion had never happened, and it sucks that the favors sold out...
It doesn't suck that the items will be created - we should have gotten them together in a bundle for 999-1499GC.
I'm never going to participate in one of these sales with GC, if they happen again cat_sweatdrop
Honestly I'm super careful with my GC purchases these days cuz a lot of sub-par items end up in the CS,
and are worthless on MP. Someone at HQ needs to help regulate what is "Cash Shop-worthy," and what
isn't (same goes for Club Verge).

Then maybe they won't need to use these jacked-up tactics just to get items to sell out. cat_rolleyes

Citizen

I don't like this marketing ploy because it cheapens and abuses the idea of the towns and because it holds items that users want for ransom--but I am happy that no recolor got left out of being released. Any how I don't see this as something that would be done too often or else everyone would grow tired of it.

Dapper Gaian

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
ariichu

It doesn't suck that the items will be created - we should have gotten them together in a bundle for 999-1499GC.

lbr users will avoid it due to the price point (average bundle's 1499-1999gc for 4 items) or otherwise only want 1-2 of the recolors in the bundle. And having them separate isn't gonna benefit gaia anymore than usual either, considering how recolor limited items sell quite slow these days.

Magic Hobo

Like, y'know, I'm happy everyone's going to get their trendy squid hats. I really am! The reason this was such a shitty idea was that it held something a lot of people really wanted for ******** ransom. But because they all sold, and it worked, the message has been sent. Everybody hated the idea of gold generators, too, while simultaneously not ******** stopping buying them. And Gaia does not listen to yelling. Gaia listens to money.

This is the dictionary definition of a Pyrrhic victory.

Hopeful Girl

Can we please open them now? sweatdrop

And, in my defense, which I should have posted as well, I saw that we could get town Splatoon colors and thought "buy all four to open them!" didn't even realize that we had to wait until sell-out to open them immediately... cry I thought I could open them as soon as bought.

Winter Soldier

29,915 Points
  • Together 'Til the End of the Line 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Hiss of Love 200
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Everybody hated the idea of gold generators, too, while simultaneously not ******** stopping buying them.

Ummm, you have no proof that the people who bought the gold gens were the exact same people who bought them. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of people who don't touch the forums or aren't very vocal that very easily could have bought the gold gens.

I went through at least 6-7 years of membership with never being active on the forums and I'm still nowhere near comparable to come people.

Cottontail

Girl 801
ariichu

lbr users will avoid it due to the price point (average bundle's 1499-1999gc for 4 items) or otherwise only want 1-2 of the recolors in the bundle. And having them separate isn't gonna benefit gaia anymore than usual either, considering how recolor limited items sell quite slow these days.

Tf is an "LBR" user?
And you don't have to explain to me WHY they used this tactic, that is plainly obvious to anyone who
shops in CS (which you can tell I clearly do from my post).
Plus, pretty sure we got a towns-themed recolor bundle for 999GC in on of the most recent big sales,
so you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

Celestial Dreamer

61,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Glad that Barton isn't getting shafted but... we're doomed to have more of this cashizvotezguise thing because it sold out. They always run with anything that sells out.

Well at least it isn't gold gens, I guess.

Dapper Gaian

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
ariichu
Tf is an "LBR" user?
And you don't have to explain to me WHY they used this tactic, that is plainly obvious to anyone who
shops in CS (which you can tell I clearly do from my post).
Plus, pretty sure we got a towns-themed recolor bundle for 999GC in on of the most recent big sales,
so you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

lol calm down sis. Please educate then. I don't recall having recent recolor bundles to be limited quantity items (and that is not just a repackaging of existing content) for that price point.

Barton Cleric

20,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Medalist 100
I'm so happy that all town favors sold out! I think that tier and sale really helped out, thank you. xp But, lets not do this kind of voting again. Can we have town event now? emotion_kirakira It could be like the summer event where we had that water fight. But this time we'll use paint, you know, to match our new items~ *winkwink*

Magic Hobo

Triana Orpheus Venture
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Everybody hated the idea of gold generators, too, while simultaneously not ******** stopping buying them.

Ummm, you have no proof that the people who bought the gold gens were the exact same people who bought them. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of people who don't touch the forums or aren't very vocal that very easily could have bought the gold gens.

I went through at least 6-7 years of membership with never being active on the forums and I'm still nowhere near comparable to come people.

When gold gens first started there was this wacky idea that Gaia would maybe exhibit restraint, and eventually stop putting them out - I know I bought the very first one, because I was trying to buy a wiggly cat tail and I needed quick gold, and the way the announcement was worded suggested that it was a one-time-only thing; they'd never do it again. And they kept coming out, and people kept buying it because surely? No one would be so stupid as to let this go on forever? ...Except Gaia doesn't have any common sense, and they kept putting them out at more and more ridiculous amounts. And by the time everybody caught on that it wasn't going to stop, the crazy train was going to ride all to the end and keep going it was too late, inflation had gone to the moon, and people from other websites had started coming here just to buy gold generators so they could score cheap art commissions from long-time Gaian resident artists.

Conversely, ummmm, you have no proof that the only people who bought goldgens are lurkers, which I could have led with, but beginning sentences with ummmmm sounds really super passive aggressive, doesn't it? Almost like you're trying to start a fight with a total stranger on the internet based on a throw-away hyperbolic statement, for some... unfathomable reason.
Wrenry

ATS

Quote:
Items

So recently we had the kickstarter event with the Town Favors. Congrats to the users of Gaia, all of the Towns have been funded!

Question- Now that all of the favors have been bought, are the users going to have to wait for the timers to run out before opening up their prizes?

"We're currently in the process of creating the items, we hope to release them, at the latest, on Tuesday! Congratulations to everyone for getting their Favors!" - staff

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff