Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Friend

User ImageUser Image[indentLocation : Lley's Home >> Garreth's Home (ADENIA)[indent]Company : Garreth[indent]
                                            Wearing : Plain tank top, Torn loose pajama bottoms

It was an extremely reluctant Lley that Rhiannon came in to send home that morning, though he hid his dread of going back to that haunted farm with a smile and a half-hearted joke. Both passed him smoothly under her radar, and he hobbled into the waiting/reception area with her aid. His feet were already beginning to feel a lot better, though it was still a bit of trouble walking on them. ’Eyra would probably carry me around the farm to keep working despite this,’ he thought to himself with a small, wry smile. The workaholic had returned to digging in the dirt the same day of her weird self-harming episode; even the heavy rain had not dampened her resolve to be out in the field with her little plants. His thoughts were suddenly interrupted as a trio of women barged into the clinic.

Of the three, Lley only recognized Sylvia; the other slightly taller dark-haired female had short hair and grey eyes similar to the bartender’s, and she was helping Sylvia support a taller blonde woman between them while asking for help. There was a hastily tied handkerchief tied around her head, blood staining through the cloth and running down her face. Lley struggled to rise to his feet to help out, but his feet protested with pain and he flopped back down into his seat. Damn it… This development was going to keep him bedridden for a few days at the least. Helplessly frustrated with the whole situation, the blond could only sit and watch intently as Rhiannon moved to assist them, but to no avail. Garreth arrived then (talk about good timing!) and easily scooped the blonde woman up and took her into the room that Lley had just left. Lley breathed out a small sigh of relief and hung his head as Rhiannon gently instructed the remaining women to wait in the reception area. There was no way to tell what in the world happened with the blonde woman, but, despite how much he disliked Rando, he couldn’t bring himself to believe that he could have been involved at all. That b*****d loved the close company of women too much, and hitting one is like asking to be ostracized by the rest in this kind of small community. Emery couldn’t have possibly been involved either; when it came to outsiders, she didn’t beat them up, she just killed them.

"Good morning, Miss Rhiannon and Sylvia and...uh, sorry, I don't know your name. I'm Eyra! I am here to fetch my boss." Lley’s head jerked up at the voice and the name, and he looked over with something akin to incredulity as Eyra quickly walked over to him. ”E-Eyra--” "I put up the tarp in case it rains again." Lley could have fallen over in exasperation at her statement; of course the first words out of her mouth would be work related. However, Lley suppressed a sigh and even refrained from rolling his eyes as the girl sighed and continued: "I walked in thinking you were just refusing to get up, but the whole place is trashed. What happened anyways?" Whoa, the whole place was trashed? Some color left Lley’s face as he looked down at the ground.

”O-o-oh… u-uhm… well…” He took a deep breath to calm his fragile nerves. Come on, you’re a big boy. You can do this. ”Well…. y’see… the farm house… is haunted. Amazingly, Eyra seemed to readily believe that claim (unlike Garreth). ”Really!? That’s horrible.” Lley looked taken aback, and he scratched his head. ”E-er, yeah. Some little girl named Chloé started messing with some things in my house, asked… if I knew where her mommy was…” The man visibly shuddered at the memory. ”Then broke a bunch of glass bottles in my room, which I hurt myself on tryin’ to get out of that damned place.” Finished with his narrative, he placed his hands on his legs and stared at Eyra.

”... That’s it. That’s what happened.” Lley’s voice was rather comically matter-of-fact and a little higher than normal. ”I’m not going back. And if I do, it’s to burn that damn building down.” Lley patted Eyra lightly on the head. ”It was nice working with you and everything, Eyra, but that’s where I draw the line. Nope. Not dealing with ghosts.”

Unorthodox Jukebox

Mistress Orion

Merlin the Mage

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                              I've been shot up and ъeaten to no end.

I was a man to be ғeared even when I was a slacker.

Now I am only a ϯraitor that had a cause.

Only fragments remain of what I ѡished to protect.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

After spending all night drafting a plan to kill one's last living relative, it wasn't all to surprising for them to look tried, maybe a bit startled by visitors. But Rando hadn't been up all night drafting a plan. He'd certainly tried too, but upon fetching his pistol from beneath his mattress he instead found a coarse note.

Thank you for the loan, big brother. <3

A little heart followed the scrawled message. His sister really did consider all assets hers. The rest of the night he'd stayed up drinking, deathly afraid she was going to use the pistol to shoot him. Of course it was still broken, but somehow he felt as though assuming it would stay in such a state was a fool's errand. Stirring from the couch at the knock on his door, Rando stumbled to the entryway in just a pair of sweatpants, pulling the door open groggily. What greeted him was a shorter man and the snotty little girl from the previous night. The smell of alcohol rolled off his breath as he exhaled, glad to see it was not his sister. "Yah, I found snotty. It's not a big ******** deal though." He rested his bandaged, three-fingere dhand against the door frame and looked down at the little girl. "Did you make sure your pops remembered the house number this time? You wouldn't want him to get lost all the way out here."

Coming all the way out to the mansion just to say thanks was pretty impressive. He hadn't even delivered the child to her father. Hell, he didn't even recognize the man really. Rando wasn't one to get a lot of mail. "Hey, ya must be damned sweaty in all of those fancy clothes. If you wanna come in for a bit and get a glass of water or soemthing, feel free. The place looks like s**t, but I was up all night. Kinda freaked out about something." He tried to recall Temperance's voice. The man still wanted to hear her call his name in those honey-sweet notes of hers, but she seemed pretty disinterested. He always did enjoy a challenge though. Especially when it distracted him from the showdown he still had to plan, now without a broken firearm. Pulling away from the doorway, he left the door wide open and made his way to the kitchen, splashing some water on his face from the sink.

Kathryn Anon

ζocation Mansion

Ҁompany Cleo & Henri

ɱood Tired

ϯhoughts Why would they dress like that? Weirdos.

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

It was one thing for the farm hand to believe him. She too had been recently shown magic. Actual magic! It was really amazing. So ghosts weren't out of the realm of possibility. The old wives of her home town usually believed in certain things being haunted or possessed by spirits. Her sympathy flooded away when Lley said he wouldn't go back because of it. Pushing his hand from her head, she stood up and spun to face him. Normally she didn't have the advantage of height, but she towered over him when he was seated. "How could you even say that!?" Her cheeks inflated and her hands rested on her hips. "That is mighty bold of you after I taught you so much. Your like their father now, you can't just leave!" Of course she was talking about the crops. The both of them had worked painstakingly over the summer's yield and they were days from harvest. If he was going to up and abandon them, then he had to at least wait until the end of the season. "If you have to, you can stay at my place and I'll just stay with Swallow, but you can't leave yet!" Eyra's frown stretched across her face as she awaited a response.

You make is sound as though you have children together. Hahahaha.

Disappointment was soon replaced by worry and a set of bright red cheeks. "No, I mean, you shouldn't leave at all. You can't just abandon the nice farm your grandfather left you!" Thoroughly embarrassed, she sat down once more. "I-I can ask him how to get rid of ghosts. I mean, as long as she leaves your place alone we can clean it up and it should be fine." Work had been much easier since Lley arrived. It partly had to do with the climate change, but even though he'd been puny and lazy at first, the extra hand made things go just a little bit faster. As he steadily improved they might have even been twice as fast. Maybe. He still had a lot to learn. But at least he listened when she rambled on and on about crops and leaves and seed choices.

Aw, you like having someone to work with.

Eyra wanted to respond to the voice again, but she'd already embarrassed herself that way in front of Xiao. Of course he'd been nice about it. Placing her hand in her lap, she took a few deep breaths. "It's been nice having someone else to work with. It isn't something I could ask him to do...Especially since it is your farm."

Dark Doe Alysse

Unorthodox Jukebox

The musical Gerudo

Mistress Orion

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Clinic [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Lley (Rhiannon, Sylvia, Ethne) [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Embarrassed [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / ... [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Friendly Friend

User ImageUser Image[indentLocation : Lley's Home >> Garreth's Home (ADENIA)[indent]Company : Garreth[indent]
                                            Wearing : Plain tank top, Torn loose pajama bottoms

Eyra was not taking the news very well.

"How could you even say that!?" Lley jumped a little at her 180 degree flip in demeanor, and he held up his hands in a disarming manner almost automatically. One too many times he has been on this receiving end of the ire of women. He began to protest that it was easy to say it when your home was haunted by a destructive ghost but he was quickly cut off as his farmhand continued: "That is mighty bold of you after I taught you so much. Your like their father now, you can't just leave!"

”F-father-- father to your plants--!?” "If you have to, you can stay at my place and I'll just stay with Swallow, but you can't leave yet!" Wait, this gal needed to slow down! What the hell kind of comparison was this?? Just because he dug around in the dirt a bit and buried some little seeds didn’t make him the plants’ father.

Wait… would this make Eyra the mother?

”Eyra, are you tryin’ to imply somethin’ here?” Lley asked, giving her a scrutinizing look. Despite himself, an amused smile hovered on his lips as Eyra seemed immediately deflated and incredibly embarrased. "No, I mean, you shouldn't leave at all. You can't just abandon the nice farm your grandfather left you!" Lley swallowed hard and averted his gaze. Right, his ’grandfather’ left the land to him. To be honest, it was amazing to the blond how long he’s been able to live this lie without the true heir showing up and causing an uproar. Did the heir die on the way over? Did the heir simply just not care? The latter and the thought of Eyra toiling away alone for the rest of her days was saddening, and Lley suddenly felt weirdly justified in jumping on the opportunity. If he hadn’t shown up, Eyra would still be all alone in the fields, with no one to ramble to about crops or caring for crops or anything remotely related to crops.

"I-I can ask him how to get rid of ghosts. I mean, as long as she leaves your place alone we can clean it up and it should be fine." Lley chuckled and glanced over at the woman sitting next to him, his eyebrows expressing his incredulity at the statement. Didn’t she know anything about how a haunting worked? That ghost would be back, and the man was not keen on being around when that happened, and they would need a priest or a priestess and a whole lot of holy water to make that place ghost free again.

Or… you know, they could burn it down too. Whatever worked!

"It's been nice having someone else to work with. It isn't something I could ask him to do...Especially since it is your farm." Lley, surprised at what she was saying, had begun to soften up a bit until her last comment. No, no, no, NO. It wasn’t his farm by any rights!! ”Eyra, stop saying that!” he said urgently, turning to grasp her shoulders and shake her a little. ”With how much time and work you put into that place, it’s just as much yours as it is mine!” More so hers, really, but he had a facade to hold up. ”Look… we’re going to need a priestess or a priest or someone from this town that knows anything about ghosts to deal with this.” He hesitated, then relented, ”Maybe even Swallow, if he’s up to it. Look, I just can’t go back there, not with that thing hovering around somewhere.” Lley tried his best to not imagine if the ghost was someone that fell in the war between Osanna and Virandul and Atlea. Gods, that was a creepy and haunting thought.

Unorthodox Jukebox

Mistress Orion

Merlin the Mage

Tasty Cat

9,800 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
User Image[INSERT
• • • • TEXT]
☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵

[INSERT • • • • • • • • • • TEXT]αӘʀɪεɳεєиιsєι∂∂ʀ
[INSERT• • • • • • • • • • TEXT]❀ Speranza General Store Owner ❀
[INSERT• • • • • • • • • • TEXT][Journal][Voice][Musica] ❀ [ Outfit]

[INSERT
• • • • TEXT]

[INSERT • • • • • • TEXT]OOC: I hope this is an alright post.

Rising early in the morning was something Fae love to do. As her father always told her: ‘The early bird always catches the worm.’ Which meant that if you were early to do your work or to be someplace, you were at a greater advantage then those who showed up late. And since she Managed and ran her own store, she needed to practice being there early so she could set up shop and have her stocking finished by the time it was time to open. Stretching out, Fae let out a loud yawn and then glanced up at the ceiling of her home. So much has happened in her two years of being in Speranza. She opened a shop, found love, lost love and now was expecting her very own baby. Not that she had told very many people yet. Fae wasn't looking for any special treatment.

Letting out yet another yawn, the female sat herself up and reached for her lamp, flipping the switch on. Seconds later she moved herself out of bed and made her way to her dresser, looking for something to wear today. Once she found something, Fae made her way to her bathroom and refreshed herself for the day. Next was breakfast; which usually Fae would just pass up. But she needed some nutrition for the growing baby inside her. So Fae looked in her fridge and grabbed her last two fresh eggs, cooking them and then toasting the last two pieces of bread. “Oh… Looks like I need to visit Christine and see if she has any eggs to spare. And I might need to drop by the bakery.”

Sitting down, Fae enjoyed her breakfast and watched as a bird landed on her window ceil. Smiling, she crumbled a few pieces of bread up and placed it in a napkin. She then picked up her dishes and moved them to the sink. She would wash them after work. Standing there for a moment, Fae reached for her napkin that contained bread crumbs and walked into her living area, where she slipped on her shoes and was out the door. It was a nice little walk to her shop. But she didn’t mind too much, she loved being outside. And the morning air felt so nice. She dropped the bread crumbs close to her kitchen window and then smiled as she watched her little bird friend fly over and pick at them. With the sun rising, it was time to head towards her shop.

Fae enjoyed her walks, sure she could have a bike or something. But speed wasn’t how she did things in life. She still believed the old saying: ‘Slow and steady wins the race.’ She wasn’t sure why, but it gave her a chance to speak with a few of the villagers who were too early birds or those that had been out all night anyways. Sometimes she wondered how some of these people functioned. Not that it was really any of her business. Stopping along the way, Fae found some wild flowers that she thought would look nice displayed in her shop, and picked them before going along her way.

Once in the Idria district, her shop wasn’t very far away. Actually she happened upon it pretty quickly. “I don’t believe I am expecting any shipments today.” She noted as she unlocked the front door. “So all I should need to do is stock and inventory.” Walking through the front door, Fae placed the flowers down on the counter for now and reached for a piece of paper and a clip board she had laying around and started looking through her supplies to see what she needed to get from the back. Once she hand an idea, she went to the back and slowly moved what she needed to stock the shelves. She unpacked boxes, stock shelves, dusted around a little and then by 9:00 A.M., she was opening up her shop.

Fae was really proud of herself and her accomplishments. Since she was a little girl, she had done a lot to prove herself independent, strong, friendly, loving and brave. She had seen and done things she wish she hadn’t, but who was to judge her. Everyone has done things they wished they hadn’t at some time or another. Making her way from the front door to the counter, she pulled out yet another piece of paper and started to jot down a few things she needed to take care of when she was on break. Letting the time pass her by. Mornings were slow, hardly anyone stopped by. However, that didn’t mean she shouldn’t open early. Money was money. Glancing over she remembered the flowers and picked up a vase she had sitting behind the counter, filled it with some water from her private rest area and then placed the flowers in it, setting the vase by the register.

[INSERT• • • • TEXT]
ʆσvє мє тσ∂αч

нαтє мє тσмαяяσω
[INSERT• • • • TEXT]

Location: General Store; Idria District With: Herself. Speaking to: Herself.

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
User Image
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx⇣* there are so many ❶ ❷ ❸ xxxxreasons
      xxxxxxxxx • ━━━━I'M NEVER GOING ✕✕ TO GET ENOUGH
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIF xxx YOU xxx SHOULD xxx LEAVE xxx THIS xxx COUNTRY xxx xxx YOU xxxKNOW xxx I'LL xxx COME xxx TO xxx YOU
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIF xxx YOU xxx SHOULD xxx LEAVE xxx THIS xxx COUNTRY xxx xxx YOU xxxKNOW xxx I'LL xxx COME xxx TO xxx YOU
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx░░░░░ Because you always `❤》xx ( love me )

xxxJOURNAL xxxxxxx MANOR xxxxxxx CLEO && RANDO
                                    User Image

Anthony offered a tight smile as Cleo nodded her head in response, spouting that she made sure Daddy remembered this time. Right. Because Daddy forgot. He cringed as the blue haired man spoke, the vulgar words harder to cope with than the heat of his suit.

“Daddy wha’s s**t mean?”

Anthony audibly made a weak sound of defeat, pressing his thumb against his temple and his middle finger against his forehead in a sign of controlled agitation.
                                    “It’s a word for adults and naughty children,” he responded in a tense tone that seemed to go straight over her head. She made a slight ‘ah’ sound as she turned her eyes straight again, though soon she’d turned her eyes back up towards her father who was just in the midst of thinking —

“Daddy wha’s [********] mean?”
                                    Goddess ******** damn you, can’t you see I’m trying to raise a kid here!?

“It’s another word that only naughty children and adults say, Cleo,”
                                    Anthony responded with a heavy sigh, pushing a somewhat forced smile onto his lips before he offered her the bag. “And as much as I would love to accept your invitation, we’ve got a little more running around to do and we really should be going. Cleo, go say thank you properly, please.”
                                    “Than’you Mr. Wando-pwince fo’ savin’ me — I mean, fo’ savin’ Daddy,” she noted cheerfully as she held up the bag, containing a tall bottle of a rather expensive red wine, for the man to take.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♛!◟___________the mailman²
                                    Merlin The Mage

Demonic Darling

22,440 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
User Image

User Image
                                                Seeing as the mayor had drifted off into sleep, Avis opted to ignore the request for eggs, unless of course he mentioned it again. To be honest, she really wasn’t sure if he had been joking about that or not. She had no idea how he normally acted! Rumors had said that the mayor was a little odd, and she got why people said that, what with the way he talked and all, but ‘odd’ is not a definition of personality or an explanation on what to expect! Sometimes Avis wished her eyes could read people’s minds or something. Or that they’d be useful and not just something to worry about. Then she might have some idea on what to expect from people. It would certainly make her job a lot easier. So long as she could continue to hide it of course.

And while Avis was a little confused with the situation and what was expected of her – she wasn’t a cook after all, cooking had nothing to do with why cops were hired – at the same time, she felt that she would like this mayor. He kind of reminded her of her father a little bit, in the way that she almost knew for certain that, were they to meet, they would get along splendidly. It was comforting actually, in a way, although it also made her feel a little homesick. She had long gotten over such feelings though, so she tried not to let such thoughts bother her. She had made it this far outside her village, she wasn’t going to let a spot of nostalgia distract her.

In approving silence, she waited while the mayor dealt with the intrusion, her eyes following the ravenette as he left the building, hoping that he wouldn’t go causing trouble on her day off. Once he was gone, Avis turned her head back to the mayor and nodded at his little rant. As he continued on into more serious stuff – the kind of stuff she had been hoping to learn when she decided to stop by – she was sure to give the mayor her full attention, nodding silently as she listened and tried to commit most of what he said to memory. When the mayor stood and offered a hand, Avis took it, giving him a firm shake and returning his smile.

”I think you’ve answered the most pressing questions I had coming in here; namely, ‘what’s expected of me and what I have to look out for.” she started, the smile still playing on her lips, ”I’ll be sure to do what I can, and deal with anything that comes up as best I can. Still though, if you think that I’m not doing something right or could improve in some way in the future, please do not be afraid to let me know. It’s hard to fix mistakes when one doesn’t know they’re making them after all.”

“To be honest, it sounds like you’ve all got this mostly handled yourselves, I’m just glad to be able to provide any extra support you or the sheriff might need, although the spirits forbid that anything that would seriously require anything more should happen. I’ll be sure to keep my eye out for the people you’ve mentioned, and not shoot any ghosts I see around town.”
                                                – she had grown up around things that many humans would consider scarier than ghosts. Besides, bullets really wouldn’t do much against a real ghost, so her panicking about that wasn’t a problem – ”I may have met the Mr. Rando you warned me about, although I am not terribly aquainted with many people in town, so I cannot be sure. Either way I’ll be sure to keep my eye out for trouble. ” As usual.

”Since I can’t really think of any other questions I need answered at the moment, unless you need me for some reason, I should probably let you get back to your day Mayor Weiss. I’ll probably be out around town today, but if you ever need me after hours, I live in room E at the row house.”

Finished with her end of the spiel, Avis offered the mayor an informal salute. The formal one wouldn’t be proper, seeing as she wasn’t in her uniform.

LocationTown Hall Company EdgarOOC >.>

Merlin The Mage

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User Image

User Image
                                                                        tab THE NICEST SWEETEST ◢⋮UTMOST IN EVERYTHINGxx
                                                                        tab tab tab tab tab tab IT'S SO CHARMING ( VERY CHARMING )
                                                                        tab ⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰
                                                                        tab tab WELL RECKON && PLAY THE FOOL x NO ONE'S ILL AT EASE ˟
                                                                        A N D xx T H E Y xx W I L L xx P U T xx T H E I R xx D E E P E S T xx SWISHBANG xx T R U S T xx I N xx Y O U
                                                                        A N D xx T H E Y xx W I L L xx P U T xx T H E I R xx D E E P E S T xx SWISHBANG xx T R U S T xx I N xx Y O U
                                                                        tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ( no one saw it coming )
                                                    ════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                    tab PROFILE tab tab OUTFIT tab tab TOWN HALL ⋯ INN⋰TUNILLA tab tab EDGAR + AVIS ⋯ ALONE?

Henri offered Avis a charming, ‘innocent’ smile and a slight nod of his head. Oh great, this chick was a cop? A deputy at that? Play it cool, Henri. Play it cool.
                                                          “‘Tis not loike I care t’entertain people, really. Not whaen I’m aff shift, anyways.” Okay, so maybe that wasn’t cool, but it didn’t sound suspicious at all, right? Besides maybe suggesting he’s a pervert, which he wasn’t -- he just enjoyed a little ‘extra curricular’. Holding his hands up defensively he offered a wry smile to the woman, a sheepish expression sliding seamlessly onto his face. “‘Ey, ‘ey. Na’ nade t’jump t’extremes. I said na’ trouble an’ I meant it. Y’don't nade t’blather about cops an' jails, Lassy.” Waving the two as he backed towards the door, he didn’t even bother to grab the flier he’d slapped down on the mayor’s desk; he could worry about that later. “Sorry for disturbin’ ye, aye? I’ll be on me way ‘til y’open. Eight o’clock y’said? Roi! I'll clap y’whaen I clap ye, then!”

The dark man’s face fell to a momentarily dark, malicious expression as he turned his back on the closed door, irritation settling in the pit of his stomach. What was the likelihood that he’d run into a cop on the first day? And to make such an impression.
                                                          “Bleedin’ hell,” he muttered to himself as he kicked up some dirt on the road, glaring down at his feet as he made his way along. “This feckin’ blows. An’ I’m feckin’ famished; wha’ can a lad find a bite t’ayte in this blasted place?” With a small grunt he began walking to wherever his feet would take him, remaining quite aware of what was going on around him despite his seemingly lethargic disposition. He idly ran a finger over the tattoo on the side of his face, a bored habit he’d developed over the years since first getting it under the ‘care’ of the bandits who had raise him for five years.

The fragrant smell of bacon that met his nose was the red herring that he needed. It didn’t lead him to a restaurant, but the Inn was a good second choice. He moved towards the desk, tapping his filed fingernails against the wood idly as he waited to be tended to.
                                                          “‘Ello? I don't nade a place t’sleep, but a bite t’ayte wud be wonderful!” He called, peering around to try to find whoever owned this goddess-forsaken place. “I can pay for it?” Henri added in a hopeful tone, setting back and letting out a heavy sigh. “I’m so feckin’ ‘ungry...”
                                                      Merlin The Mage
                                                      Dark Doe Alysse

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Location / / General Store tab tab Company / / Fae tab tab Mood / / Uneasy tab tab Thoughts / / ...

ɪ ϵɴȷɵү ϻү ȿϻạʟʟ ғʀϵϵĐɵϻȿ.

I am free to rule over the inn however I please.

⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰

Ylaine's shift ended just as she returned. Maryn was willing to chalk it up to coincidence. She knew nothing fo the red head's schedule and it wouldn't be surprising for Ylaine to have to check a few places. Still, that left the errand of running to the general for some lunch supplies to her. Having to impose on her manager a bit more, she left Ylaine to eat at the reception desk and set out. Normally she wouldn't permit meals to be taken in the reception hall, but it was Ylaine's time to eat and her shift was over. The younger woman was only doing her a solid by watching the desk for half an hour. Maryn on the other hand. She'd been dodging people for a few days. It was odd behavior for the inn proprietress, but she wasn't sure what to do if someone shot her inquiry about her charade. She already had so many emotions that flooded back that she had to cope with. Dealing with those and then cooly answering questioned seemed enough to shatter the indifferent facade she normally wore. It had already begun to slip. She offered those close tender smiles that had long since been lost on her lips.

Entering the general store, she inhaled and drew her focus. She would appear normal. She would act normal. Fae wasn't such a close friend that she had any reason to question what had occurred. She hadn't even been around when Leena was injured or when Maryn used to smile. The store owner had only ever known Maryn's cold face and monotone voice. "Good morning, Miss Fae. I have come to pick up a few items for the inn." She could almost laugh. It didn't feel like Wednesday. She usually sat eagerly as the time ticked on until curry day. For half a decade she had never once been short on items to make her favorite dish. But that day, a few days following the wedding where she was so blatantly rejected…a few extra onions were the last thing on her mind. "I plan to make curry for the inn's dinner service tonight and I am in need of onions and more rice." She been using onions more than normal, a way to mask the occasional tear that snuck down her face as she stood in the kitchen and cooked vast arrays of food alone.

"Fifteen onions and two bags of rice should do." A supplement to her current stores. "I will return for my end of the season shopping trip on a later date. A few items I can carry on my own, but when I truly restock I am afraid having Matthew deliver the goods I purchase is far more convenient. I am but one woman." One woman who was one again waiting in an uncertain limbo. Who would her mom send to wed her? Who would even take her if they knew she'd so foolishly given up her most important asset. Of course her mother had figured that much out. She'd find someone, surely. But that someone wouldn't be Garreth. The wouldn't control the pace and bring a blush to her cheeks and they wouldn't draw out a small smile. A wet dot rolled down her cheek and she blinked a few times. "Ah, my eyes have been bothering me since summer set in. It must be allergies with all these new plants."

That was good. Deflect Maryn, bring the conversation to the outrageously strange phenomena. The tress that sprouted up in days, the steadily growing grass and the overnight lake were hard topics to avoid. Or so she hoped. Fae had been around long enough to know they weren't there before and the certainly weren't quite natural. Life did not happen in such a expedient manner. "So, just onions and rice today." The sooner she could get back to the inn and hide the better off she would be.

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I am free to leave the inn when it suits me.

вυτ ɪ ωɪʟʟ ɴϵѵϵʀ τʀυʟү вϵ ғʀϵϵ.

ApolloRouge

User Image / / / / User Image / / / / User Image

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                              I've been shot up and ъeaten to no end.

I was a man to be ғeared even when I was a slacker.

Now I am only a ϯraitor that had a cause.

Only fragments remain of what I ѡished to protect.

Rando really didn't give two damns about the man's parenting. He'd been exposed to all manner of foul language in his youth and he turned out just fine. Hell, he was alive. That was a feat considering his background. Giving Cleo a thumbs up when she confirmed she beaten the house number into her father's mind, he grinned at the duo. Anthony wasn't keen on accepting his invitation. That was fine. His place was a mess anyways. He'd been in a frightened frenzy all night, a clear reminder he'd have to work to steel himself before facing his sister. He'd also have to obtain a new gun. Before they left, Cleo offered him a bag. Checking the contents out of curiosity, he was mildly impressed. Still, wine was something he had plenty of and was something he didn't need. Handing the bag back to Anthony, he frowned. "Oh, no dude. Thanks for the thought and all, but I really don't need any gifts. I've got myself covered and I didn't do much to help. It was a good distraction from the rest of the s**t on my mind."

He was going down a pretty dark path with the plan to assassinate his sister. A path that made him more like her. That kind of thing would have only amused her. He had to be him, through and through when he took aim of her. He had to fight for justice, to fight for little girls crying on the street. It was a good reminder. Bidding them farewell, he went and grabbed a jug of milk from his fridge and crashed on the couch as he took a few swigs of the dairy drink. "That damned pistol was broken. Could she really fix the thing?" He'd tried and only seemed to make it worse. If she managed to fix it, to use it, she was a notch scarier than he remembered.

The sister that only ever accepted any real influence from their father. He never understood what it was about their old man that she seemed to like, but she was always delighted in his presence. Like a trained dog. No, a dog was a lesser thing. He had her on reins, that was certain, but she was more of a trained lion or panther. Humans were typically on top of the food chain. Smaller creatures only looked on in fear. However his sister's gaze made it crystal clear that most humans were still lesser prey, that some people ranked above other on the food chain. Maybe that was why he'd made her boss. While he strove for camaraderie and understanding, she could truly stand about as a leader. Sure, it was via fear, but still something he would never have accomplished.

Kathryn Anon

ζocation Mansion

Ҁompany Cleo & Henri > Alone

ɱood Tired

ϯhoughts Why would they dress like that? Weirdos.

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Edgar stretched as he listened to Avis' response. "Just follow your gut, lass. Ye are free to go for now. I have to get back to making another omelet so I can deal with that rowdy lad later. Man, I hope it's just the heat eating him. But hell, it isn't even that hot today with those darned clouds again. Rain twice in a season. Eyra is going to spaz." He returned her salute and trudged back over to his plug in burner. Wiping the pan and making a second omelet wasn't hard work. He'd cooked and eaten within fifteen minutes and then settled at his desk to get some paper work together. If that lad hadn't been happy then, he'd only be more irritable when he received the last vacant home in one of the districts and an unfinished stand. It was going to be another long day. A long, long day.

Checking his calendar, he was delighted to find it was Wednesday. He could impose on Maryn for curry when dinner rolled around. She made the best curry. If it wasn't weird, he'd marry her just for her curry. But it was weird and he didn't see her like that. Not a chance. Besides, Maryn wasn't even his type. Pirate captain's flew solo. They didn't even need wenches that were more spirited than they were. It would only cause problems. They only needed first mates! "Garnos!" His voice evaporated into the empty room. Why'd he give the boy the day off? The town hall was so lonely. He needed a buddy. A not rowdy or complaining buddy. Maybe he could hunt down Eyra later. Not, she'd be busy with the weird weather.

The mayor didn't have enough friends.

Dark Doe Alysse

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Town Hall [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Avis > Alone[Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Sad[Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / I need to find more crew. [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                                    My demeanor is one ъecoming of a demon.

Ғear me all you wish.

I am ϯrained in the art of dominance.

Your passionate ѡailing reaffirms my existence.

She'd spent all of an hour after getting home doing preparations before Maryn ushered her back to the front desk off her shift. She supposed she earned it for playing the system and it was a chance to eat, so it didn't matter much. With a plate piled high with food, she had the unlucky fortune to have someone actually walk in. What the hell was with his accent? Damn right he would pay for it. Swallowing, she donned a welcoming smile. A lie. Obviously, but an insurmountable one. "Good morning, sir. We do offer meal services to outside customers for a small fee of six hundred gald." It was petty change. A more than generous price considering the massive breakfast buffet Maryn put together every morning. The bubblegum pink dye in her hair was still settled as her gaze ran over the newcomer. Someone Ylaine hadn't known. She analyzed him instantly.

Fairly scrawny. No good for muscle. Still, lanky men had their strengths. They were more flexible at times which could prove annoying in a hand to hand fight. Of course, despite his smile, his eyes held a flash of something familiar. Something interesting. It wasn't to the same level as her true face, but he had sinned. Maybe injuring another, maybe murder. It was hard to be certain when she couldn't corner him like a beaten animal. Soon, she wouldn't have to put up with the inn's formalities anymore. She'd be free to be herself. It would be in hiding, but it was better than continuing to pretend to be her daft self. "I can take your payment and then you may help yourself to the breakfast buffet." Ceasing her brief seconds of scrutiny, she instead focused on producing the best quality mask of innocence to match the bumbling idiocy Ylaine had always pulled.

"There is a vast array of dishes, so it truly is worth the price." Answer. Welcome. Reassure. It was a classic strategy Maryn used for manipulating customers on occasion. The inn proprietress really had been a wealth of knowledge for how to deal with people.

Kathryn Anon

ζocation Inn[Indent]
Ҁompany Henri[Indent]
ɱood Annoyed[Indent]
ϯhoughts Who is this twerp?[Indent]

Partying Prophet

The musical Gerudo

Mistress Orion

Kathryn Anon

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xxxxxx︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻︻

Garreth burdened himself with the small girl’s weight. It was a good thing she had a small stature. Her petite size gave him the advantage of being able to move towards the clinic bed faster. He felt the hem of his shirt being clutched tightly. His eyes met her drowsy ones; it seemed as if she was half awake. “Help me,” the words struggled from her thin pale lips.

Well, s**t. He wasn’t a doctor nor was he a paramedic. The only thing he was able to contribute at the moment was his strength. “Uhm, don’t worry. My sister will do everything she can to save you,” he replied hastily. The young King hoped that the girl was able to at least catch the saving part of his sentence, because as soon as he replied, she passed out once more. s**t, s**t, s**t, he thought out of panic.

Quickly yet carefully, he laid the small girl on the bed. He hadn’t noticed his sister entering until she ordered him to leave the diagnostic room. Garreth knew he wasn’t able to do much in the current situation, so he said nothing and made his leave. Taking a second glance at the girl before his sister ripped off front of her dress, Garreth sent out a little prayer despite his inexistent belief on Speranza Goddess. “Goddess, or whatever you are, if you are real, please save that girl’s life.”

And with that, he left the room. The girls that had brought her in may have still been there and they probably might want to know about the young girl’s condition. He couldn’t exactly delegate that job to the nurse since she was nowhere to be seen. Shouldn’t her shift have started by now? Garreth mentally questioned. He was going to have a word with Rhiannon about being too lenient on workers. Even so, the matter remains… who was going to tell the two girls about the young blonde’s condition? He supposed he had to do it at this rate. There wasn’t much to say anyway, he hadn’t a clue of what was going on other than telling them that his sister was going to do whatever it took her to save the mentioned patient.

He sighed deeply. Here goes nothing.

Entering the waiting room with the faces he’d seen minutes ago only now including another familiar face – Eyra, he took a deep breath and said “My sister will do everything she can to save your friend’s life. Unfortunately, that’s pretty much all that I can share with you given the current time.” The words were directed at both the girls who took her in. The corner of his eyes caught a glimpse of Lley and Eyra getting heated in some kind argument. Heading over to help his friend out would have been a bad idea.

Tapping his left foot awkwardly, he motioned towards the administration counter. Didn’t they have to register some basic information on the patient? He asked himself. At least, from he’s seen on medical television series, that’s what they would usually do first.

And, because of his television-watched experience…

He slipped a form onto the counter with a bold title ‘Registration Form’. “While you’re waiting, would you mind filling up the patient’s basics?” he asked the two girls.

xxxxxx︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼︼

xxxxxxxxxxx LOCATION 『CLINICxx COMPANY 『LLEY, GARRETH, SYLVIA, ETHNE, TEMPERANCExx OOC 『IF YOU NEED ME TO EDIT ANYTHING, LET ME KNOW C:xx JOURNAL 『x

─────────────────────────

The Livestock Farmer

Rhiannon Marie Avongrutch

Turning towards the diagnostic room, Rhiannon paced herself, casually catching up to her brother’s speed. As they entered the diagnostic room and Garreth had placed the girl carefully onto the bed, Rhiannon being more contempt with a professional assistant, kindly asked her younger brother to leave the room. She had wanted to raise her voice at him not out of anger but mostly out of panic, but since he volunteered in helping her carry the patient and setting her onto the bed without questioning further, she thought it’d be best if she kept her cool with him. She hadn’t realized him taking a look back when Rhiannon tore off the patient’s dress. There was much more to worry about than exposing the body of your patient to your own brother at the time, which didn’t really grab Rhiannon’s concern.
                                                    Evaluating her breathing rate and the way her patient was breathing, Rhiannon was able to find a way to save her. She paced towards the medicine cupboard and grabbed a medicinal solution called ‘Glucocorticosteroids’. She checked for the state of the medicine; expiration date, cracks on the bottle etc. And, thankfully, it has been perfectly sealed and still safe to use since she last locked it in the medicine cupboard.

Proceeding to equipping herself with gloves, sterile syringe and needle, she moved towards the young female once more. She filled the syringe with the medicinal solution, gave it two taps and injected the solution into the depth of her lungs. Slowly, she applied pressure onto the piston, giving the solution just the right amount of time to enter the lung circulation.

She was positive of its effects. Once the syringe was empty, she pulled out the needle from her chest and placed a alcohol dampened cotton onto the injected site. The drug was sure to open up her respiratory organs, thus allowing the flow of air to continue. “I should probably set up a cannula for her when she wakes up later,” Rhiannon said.

The girl’s breathing began to calm down to normal rate which was a good sign. Her skin especially, slowly regained its color.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Company : Temperance

Tasty Cat

9,800 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
User Image[INSERT
• • • • TEXT]

[INSERT • • • • • • • • • • TEXT]αӘʀɪεɳεєиιsєι∂∂ʀ
[INSERT• • • • • • • • • • TEXT]❀ Speranza General Store Owner ❀
[INSERT• • • • • • • • • • TEXT][Journal][Voice][Musica] ❀ [ Outfit]

[INSERT
• • • • TEXT]

[INSERT • • • • • • TEXT]OOC: ...

Fae had been sweeping the floor in her shop when Maryn stepped in. Quickly, she put her broom out of the way and made her way to the counter. Maryn was still a mystery to Fae. She had only seen her here and there. Especially on Wednesday nights when she had curry in the Inn. “Good morning Miss Maryn.” She greeted happily. Mostly because she felt happy that she had company this early in the morning. Normally she didn't see anyone really until after her lunch break. So this really helped make her day. “I will gladly help you with the items you need.” Fae grabbed something to write with and them smiled as Maryn continued to explain that today was curry day; at which the light browned female hadn't forgotten. It was one of her favorite days of the week. “Mmm. It’s curry day already?” She asked trying to keep the conversation polite.

‘…I am in need of fifteen onions and two bags of rice…’ Faeriene jotted down the females request and then started to total the amount of god the other needed. “Okay…” She spoke still adding up the numbers. “Let me make sure I have that many onions before I give you the total.” Fae walked from around the counter and made her way to the fresh produce area and started bagging the onions as she counted. “… Thirteen, fourteen… Oh good. I do have fifteen.” She smiled and then laughed nervously. “But it looks like I’ll have to place an order for more.” She then moved to where she kept her bagged rice and moved two bags and then blinked. “Hey Maryn, do you need any help carrying all this?” she questioned as she made her way back to the counter.

“Okay it looks like all together, it’s… 2000 gold.” She spoke looking at her piece of paper. Maryn always seemed to buy tons of onions. But she guessed whatever was left over from the curry was used in other meals. And with not knowing the other female very well, she really didn't question. “I can close shop and help you carry this stuff to the Inn if you like. It’s not a far walk, and as you can tell… well there isn't much business in the morning.” Fae was just trying to offer a friendly jester. Maybe a chance to get out and have a short walk. But at the same time, she felt Maryn was going to decline for help. So she really didn't hold high hopes to getting out of the shop.

[INSERT• • • • TEXT]
ʆσvє мє тσ∂αч

нαтє мє тσмαяяσω
[INSERT• • • • TEXT]

Location: General Store; Idria District With: Maryn. Speaking to: Maryn.

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User Image

User Image
                                                                        tab THE NICEST SWEETEST ◢⋮UTMOST IN EVERYTHINGxx
                                                                        tab tab tab tab tab tab IT'S SO CHARMING ( VERY CHARMING )
                                                                        tab ⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰
                                                                        tab tab WELL RECKON && PLAY THE FOOL x NO ONE'S ILL AT EASE ˟
                                                                        tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ( no one saw it coming )
                                                    ════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                    tab PROFILE tab tab OUTFIT tab tab INN⋰TUNILLA tab tab YLAINE//EMERY

When his eyes fell on the pinkette an amused smile fell onto his lips. Playful, curious, and entertained. Well what did we have here…?
                                                          “An’ top o’ th’mornin’ t’ya, Lassy,” he offered, tipping a nonexistent cap as he quickly glanced her over with a detached but ever amused gaze. It wasn’t as if he was checking her out, but rather that he was… inspecting her. “Did it hurt whaen y’felled from heaven — or whaen y’dragged y’self up from hell?” He offered a small chuckle after a moment, surveying her reaction before making an impeccably apologetic expression. “Ah, sorry, sorry — that proobably comes aff as bleedin’ rude, doesn't it? Sorry for th’offence, Lassy.” He paused again, offering another coy smile. “I didn’ mean anythin’ by it.” Right. Of course he didn’t.

“D'ye take payment in performance?” Henri suggested in a jokingly flirtatious tone before brushing that off too — reaching into his front pocket he pulled out a small coin-purse, though he fumbled with the tight knot wrapped around the it. His little trick to stop himself from spending his coinage on drinks during his trek seemed to be backfiring on him. With a sigh he reached into his pocket again, pulling out a fair-sized flip knife. The wooden handle on it was smooth, worn with repeated use, and as naturally as one possibly could he flicked the pristine black blade out and smoothly sliced the knot clean off the bag. It wasn’t like he’d be blowing all his cash on drinks in a town like this — he doubted any place serving alcohol would even be open at this time of day. Just as quickly and smoothly as he’d pulled the blade out he’d returned the sharp end to it’s resting place in the handle with a quick, practiced flick of his wrist. Sliding that back into his pocket he pulled out the appropriate amount of gald and set it on the counter, emptying the rest of the coins from the pouch and just sliding them into his pocket before glancing about for a garbage.

“Sorry about that, Lassy. I’ve been known t’lack control, so ’tis sort’ve how I’ve been protectin’ m’self from slip ups, if y’know what I mean,” he noted with a chuckle, though it was a little ambiguous just what he meant. “An’ I don't really care about th’ ‘array’, I jist care aboyt whether or not I can ayte. Speakin’ o’which,” he paused, turning his focus towards the direction he could smell food coming from. “May I?”
                                                      Merlin The Mage

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces