Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aha, I'm sure that was a mistake, since tauros are exclusively male, but.. too late now I guess. XD It's a special one.

Ladykiller

Hungry Fairy

71,725 Points
  • Bonfire Starter 500
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
No reason we can't be more flexible with gender than the games, I think. :3

Feral Vampire

Kai, the Unfezant I just won, has the long head-feathers of a male... smile So there are some gender differences!

I'm so excited to make their Trainer... ^_^ He'll be fun to rp... I think he'll be a sky trainer (unofficially of course).

Ladykiller

I agree with being free with choosing your Pokemon gender how you please~ Legendaries are supposed to be genderless via the game, but there are ones that have a gender at Extrasensory. It really should be up to the owner, imho. It's their creativity.

Trainers! YES. Tell us about your trainers!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Man-Hungry Fatcat

@Naf: What the others said, basically. xD Eg. We try to have Magikarp/Gyarados whiskers match the sex, as well as Doduo/Dodrio necks, but not all the time since we don't know what sex the user wants. If you mean edits, as opposed to color, then some like the Unfezant have it, but not Pikachu. Let us know if there was a specific species you were curious about?

Renekai
Aha, I'm sure that was a mistake, since tauros are exclusively male, but.. too late now I guess. XD It's a special one.

I'd interpreted it as a gender =/= sex thing, since we have gendered legendaries that are canonically genderless. Idk how we're dealing with it overall, though (eg. can genderless pokes such as Klink breed with any sex; are all Tauros (and other sex-specific pogs such as Milktank) required to be the canon sex; are we going to be more flexible and allow any gender to be Gallade and if so, does that apply to any sex as well; etc.).

Qixel

A discussion to come to a conclusion on this, maybe??

Adorable Trickster

Ryuukishin

Qixel

A discussion to come to a conclusion on this, maybe??
Well, my view on the matter is similar to Nana's - I think that player creativity is a great thing, and I don't want to limit it. Plus, there's that weird part where sometimes the gender restrictions make no sense. Why can Tauros only be male, when Mr. Mime can be either gender? I mean, really. MISTER MIME. XD So I'd be in favor of allowing any pokemon to be any gender, but the limiting factor to me is that Panda [who is still co-owner, even if she's not around] did specify that Gallade can only be male, and I don't necessarily want to go behind her back, y'know? Arguably, I could contact her about it, but she's been busy with real life, and I don't really want to bug her about Extrasensory things. >.>

If enough people want me to, though, I can.

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Renekai
Riffler
Well we have a female Tauros?

Wait there is one???? How????

User Image

I did ask in thread but i'm sure i remember being told that making her female was alright

However if it's NOT ok, then i can get it fixed, even though i love her idea in my head.

Man-Hungry Fatcat

Qixel

(Quoting Qix but that is not to say no one else can chime in! No one is perfect, so feedback is definitely encouraged if anything is handled improperly, or if there is anything else that anyone is curious about!)

I am also a fan of any gender as well. owo)/

I am curious about sex, though; in particular, in regards to breeding, and with evolution.

Breeding:
- If they are not cis (where gender = sex), are we leaving it up to the owner to make it clear what sex they are for breedings?
- Or should we include a symbol on the cert that denotes sex, while gender can remain as is and be whatever the user wants?
- How would canonically genderless Pokémon be handled? They take up a sex or ??? Only with ditto as per game canon? Can breed with ditto and same species, as we allowed in shop canon for legendaries?

Evolution:
- Limited by gender?
- Or any gender but limited by sex? (Eg. Only male sex Ralts can evolve into Gallade, though they may identify as female.)
- Anything goes?

@Rev: I think it's fine? The general consensus (including Word of God; thnx Qix) seems to be that any gender is okay.

Anxious Goat

I always thought that since the cert says "gender" it can be anything. It's the sex that's canonically male in all tauros, no? Or am I getting confused lol

But evos and breeding should be limited by sex, I think. So yeah, there can be male sex, female gender Gallades. At least that's how I always thought about it x3

Anxious Goat

I think I did make a list once, veeery long ago, of pokemon that could same-sex breed in the shop. I think ghosts were part of that list.

I thought it would be a good idea xD

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
for the B/C i always assumed gender and sex were the same thing, just that Gender looks better on a cert than Sex, given that people can be incredibly childish about certain words.

so ... yeah confused XD

Ladykiller

Maybe, if the circumstances arise, the line can read "Gender: Female ♂" or vice versa on a cert if the owner desires it?

EDIT :: Actually, from a sociological standpoint, gender and sex aren't the same thing. Sex is what an individual is assigned at birth, gender is what they choose to identify as; be it male, female, outside the binary spectrum, or even fluid between the two genders.

Anxious Goat

Ooh I like Nana's idea.

Man-Hungry Fatcat

That sounds like a rad idea, Nana!

And lmfao Rev, I remember the first time I learned what sex (18+) was, and on official documents I was just like... are they asking for M/F or Y/N.................

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff