• Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Hoping for the cardinals to have a guud season. emotion_kirakira

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
Raiders - Chargers: Could be either, but I think the play of Philip Rivers will be the X Factor. If he plays well, San Diego wins.

Bengals - Ravens: Ravens, though they should be aware of the talent on Cincinnati.

Eagles - Browns: Eagles, unless Michael Vick gets injured again, in which case it could go either way.

49ers - Packers: Not to say 49ers don't have a good defense but they need a quarterback who can compete with Rodgers, which they don't have, so Packers win.

Steelers - Broncos: Broncos. Peyton Manning is the X factor.

Colts - Bears: I'm going with the Colts myself. Andrew Luck, even in his rookie year, has shown he can be better than Jay Cutler has been ever. And Brian Urlacher isn't the same player he used to be before his knee problems.

Seahawks - Cardinals: Seahawks, unless Patrick Peterson changes the game with another one of his prime-time kickoff return touchdowns.

Jaguars - Vikings: If Adrian Peterson plays well the Vikings have a shot, and MJD won't be used except for 3rd down situations, so I'm leaning towards Minnesota.

Panthers - Buccaneers: Panthers. Cam Newton is all I need to say.

Bills - Jets: Jets should be on upset alert, as even though they are at home with an excellent defense, the Bills are on a rise in the NFL.

Dolphins - Texans: Texans win if Matt Schaub stays healthy, could go either way if he doesn't, but Arian Foster also helps that situation.

Patriots - Titans: Patriots, but they should also be on upset alert. If Tennessee's talent comes together and starter Jake Locker plays well, it could go either way.

Rams - Lions: Lions. Matthew Stafford will need to stay healthy and play at a high level.

Redskins - Saints: Saints. Will Smith will be playing as the Saints won their bounty appeal, and although Jonathan Vilma is out, Drew Brees will still be in, and he'll be the X factor.

Chiefs - Falcons: Chiefs if Jamal Charles plays at his highest level. He'll be the X factor.

Salty Dark Elf

I'm ready for some footbaaaaaall.

More specifically, the Packers.
Forgive me for this most likely idiotic question, but I'm relatively new to actually watching and being into football. Grew up with Bills, but mom hates sports and dad got sick of all the losing. D : Anywayyyyyy, *deep breath. Prays people won't tackle and kill* What is the point of a pre-season?

Invisible Humorist

Mule of Br1ttana
Forgive me for this most likely idiotic question, but I'm relatively new to actually watching and being into football. Grew up with Bills, but mom hates sports and dad got sick of all the losing. D : Anywayyyyyy, *deep breath. Prays people won't tackle and kill* What is the point of a pre-season?

i always thought it was for like the new comers to show the coaches what they can do

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
Mule of Br1ttana

To get everybody ready for the regular season after the long offseason. It also helps with the rookies showing how well they can do.

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
I can't even watch the Saints game anymore because of how badly the signal is coming in. It's filling the screen with pixel static crying
that was so heart breaking. imagine what rodgers is going to do week 3. cry

Beloved Regular

7,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
My first week of football was terrible... Nothing went my way... I blame the first win of the season going to the Cowboys... emotion_facepalm

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
Azriel_eph210
My first week of football was terrible... Nothing went my way... I blame the first win of the season going to the Cowboys... emotion_facepalm

I'm disappointed in New Orleans losing but not surprised, QB's like Griffin III and Newton always give the Saints fits.
Excellent week of football for me! 49ers had an awesome win against Green Bay. (Not going to take anything away from the Packers, they came back in the 4th and made it close.) Most of my predictions going into week 1 were correct, a few I got wrong.

Giants vs. Cowboys- I thought the G-men would start off their Superbowl defense with a win. Instead suffered a tough loss against a division Rival.

Saints vs. Redskins- I went into this season expecting the Saints to struggle and miss the playoffs, but I felt they would walk away from week 1 victorious. RGIII exceeded my expectations for him. But more praise goes to the Redskins receivers.

Jets vs. Buffalo- After a poor preseason, I felt the Jets were on a downward spiral and that Buffalo would leap frog them into being the Patriots top competition, instead the Jets put up a whopping 48 points and a huge win.

Tampa Bat vs. Panthers- I thought Cam had this one and would give a rebuilding Bucs team fits, instead it was low scoring and Tampa Bay ended up on top.

With two games left to be played Monday night, and Denver on the verge of wrapping up a win against Pittsburgh, so far all of my other pics were correct. I'm so excited! Thank God Football is Back!

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Who the hell hired the refs in Green Bay, last night? So many missed opportunities, and late calls.

Like...they didn't even foul the guy that outright, intentionally FLIPPED one of the Packers' players. Since when is that not considered "Unsportsman-like Conduct"?

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Cookie Icer
Excellent week of football for me! 49ers had an awesome win against Green Bay. (Not going to take anything away from the Packers, they came back in the 4th and made it close.) Most of my predictions going into week 1 were correct, a few I got wrong.

And nothing against the 9ers, but I can't call anything about that game "awesome", given the questionable officiating. I don't mind the Packers losing, it's just a game. But those refs...Even Troy Aikman couldn't keep quiet about the level of bullshit, going on. That ruined what would've otherwise indeed been an awesome game.

Quote:
Giants vs. Cowboys- I thought the G-men would start off their Superbowl defense with a win. Instead suffered a tough loss against a division Rival.

Nevermind that the Cowboys are my second favorite team, I will say that even a reigning champion is subject to off-season rust collection.

Quote:
With two games left to be played Monday night, and Denver on the verge of wrapping up a win against Pittsburgh, so far all of my other pics were correct. I'm so excited! Thank God Football is Back!

Yeah, I'm not off to a great start, on my picks. sweatdrop
black_wing_angel
Cookie Icer

And nothing against the 9ers, but I can't call anything about that game "awesome", given the questionable officiating. I don't mind the Packers losing, it's just a game. But those refs...Even Troy Aikman couldn't keep quiet about the level of bullshit, going on. That ruined what would've otherwise indeed been an awesome game.

Quote:

Nevermind that the Cowboys are my second favorite team, I will say that even a reigning champion is subject to off-season rust collection.

Quote:

the bad calls went against both teams to be honest, on the Packers/Niners game. As for what happened to butterfingers Finley? When you purposely straddle another player who is trying to stand, he got what he deserved. The flag on that was bullshit. If anything, both should have been flagged. He baited the Niner, and he went for it.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel
Cookie Icer

Quote:

Quote:

the bad calls went against both teams to be honest, on the Packers/Niners game.

I know that. My point isn't that either team got "cheated", or anything, but that the officiating was horrible, and kinda ruined the game.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff