1,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
It all about USC ninja
Dragonknight32
It all about USC ninja

Once they lose, you'll jump on the bandwagon with the team that beat them razz

My posting might be less now that I have Call of Duty 2. All Facist bastards will die XD

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Arucardia
ERRORCode2002
No, they haven't even won their division for 3 years straight. They won the MAC last year, and before that it was Miami-OH and Marshall.
1. Toledo won the MAC last year.
2. Toledo won the MAC in 2001.
3. Toledo lost IN the MAC Championship game in 2002 to Marshall.
4. Toledo lost to Bowling Geeen in 2003, hence, BG went to the MAC Championships and won it. Therefore, Toledo would have been in the MAC Championship game instead of BG.
6. Toledo is 4-0 in the conference, the only loss they have is against Fresno.
5. All in all, Toledo is one of the elite teams in the MAC and we beat them quite badly.

You don't need to lecture me on Toledo's success, I know full well how good they've been in the MAC. But I also know that they didn't win it for 3 years straight, like you claimed. And besides Fresno, they have played shitstink teams from start to finish. Whoopee, they went 4-0 against Eastern Michigan, Ball State, Western Michigan, and Buffalo. Guess what: HALF OF 1-A WOULD DO THE SAME THING.

Quote:
ERRORCode2002
Who unlike Texas Tech, is a lofty 3-4 and got blown out by perennial superpower Louisiana Tech. rolleyes
Umm, Hawaii has a very young team. Go check their roster, it's filled with Freshmen and Sophomores. Even their QB is a sophomore. And by the way, he is 2nd in the nation in total offense per game. And ofcourse, Hawaii doesn't do very well on the mainland. That's why they lost to Louisiana Tech. They are at their best mostly back in the islands. And that's where the Dogs are going to be playing them on Saturday.

We're talking about 2005, so I really don't care about up-and-coming talent. And Hawaii has had a quality offense for several years now. Does it amount to success? Well... no.

Quote:
ERRORCode2002
lol Just because you play Oregon close doesn't mean you can beat USC. You might beat them for 2 quarters, but so does everyone else.
You have no idea how hard it is for a team to get a "W" at Oregon. The Dogs had the game won. We were leading 17-0 after the first quarter. But there was a fumble in the second quarter, and there is no Replay in the Pac-10, and the referees did not rule it a fumble. Plus to add to that, the referees blew the Dogs 16 times for penalties and only 6 for the Ducks. And the referees were from the Pac-10. Heh, you know what that means.

After the Pac-10 commisioner reviewed the game, 6 of the penalties against the Dogs were not penalties and also the fumble WAS a fumble and the Dogs lost a chance to get the ball and score some points. The referees screwed the Dogs over and cost us the win. And we only lost by 3, hence the Dogs could have won the game by recovering the fumble in Duck territory and scoring. But it did not happen because the ball was ruled down. The Dogs had the game won. And no, this not an excuse. It's what really happened. I saw the game and the commentators even said the ball was a fumble!

I wouldn't doubt that the Pac-10 refs would screw Fresno. Hopefully they're jobless right now. The refs in college football have been pretty miserable this year.

But I think Oregon is a bit overrated myself. The only great team they've played is USC, who beat the stuffing out of them. Besides them and Fresno, they've played (once again) garbage from start to finish. They're just being propped up by a very weak Pac-10 and a friendly press.
Don't forget, they played our awesome Wildcats too. We're the coolest 1-6 team in da states, homes, weeeeeeeeeee
GreyFox37
Dragonknight32
It all about USC ninja

Once they lose, you'll jump on the bandwagon with the team that beat them razz

My posting might be less now that I have Call of Duty 2. All Facist bastards will die XD
surprised you have CoD 2 as well? I must face you in combat! mad
Hey, here's an interesting note that my friend wrote to me (actually its his opening monolouge for his sports talk show tommorrow from 3-5)

Read it if you want and comment accordingly, and warning, its rather long, lol.

Tuesday, Tommy Tuberville spoke at the Montgomery Quarterback Club. Someone asked him about another SEC team going undefeated and not getting to play in the national championship game. Tuberville said it is already done, that if USC and Texas stay undefeated, they will play in the championship. ESPN wants to see Matt Leinhart and Vince Young play against each other, and they are going to make it happen by having their analysts constantly talking about how good those two teams are and why the other undefeateds are inferior.

These analysts, by the way (said Coach Tuberville) are mostly former coaches who couldn't win (presumably Lou Holtz and Lee Corso). Now these guys are on TV every week telling people what to think about the teams. ESPN has so much power these days, it's almost scary. Coach Tuberville also blasted the way ESPN criticizes the players the coaches when they screw up.

Coach Tuberville was on The Dan Patrick Show Wednesday. Dan Patrick has a very elevated perception of his importance and the importance of his collegues in the sports punditry. He likes to talk about how he and the other pundits are journalists and they are morally obligated to talk about everything that happens and levy their opinions about everything under the sun (in sports). So Dan naturally takes great offense at Coach Tuberville's comments, and when Dan Patrick gets offended, like many people, he gets his back against a wall and starts spitting like an angry cat (I speak metaphorically). He basically tells Coach Tuberville that he has no right to criticise the analysts and he certainly has no right to impune ESPN, and Coach Tuberville responds by saying this: ESPN and all the other pundits and critize the players and coaches whenever they want. Why can the coaches not criticize the analysts.

My perspective: First, Coach Tuberville is right that ESPN has too much power. I myself am guilty of giving them that power because I give the opinions of their people far more credence than I give to anyone else's opinion (though I have recently noticed how often their opinions and predictions turn out to be horribly wrong, which is why I love talking to people like Chris Hoyler and Tedd Webb on this show, because those guys seem to have a much better grasp on reality). Coach Tuberville is doing the only thing that can be done: criticize what he sees as wrong. If enough people join with him in the chorus, maybe the market will shift in the other direction and the monopoly will disolve. I don't see that happening anytime soon becasue I know people like me will still tune in to ESPN Radio and still watch College Gameday, if for no other reason, so we can get mad at the studip things the analysts are saying.

Second, and related to the first: Coach Tuberville is right that coaches and players should be allowed to criticize the analysts when they say something stupid or wrong (like last year when they said Oklahoma was as good as some pro team). I find it kinda refeshing to hear someone telling these people that if they can't stand the heat they should get out of the kitchen. I personally would be pleased if someone told me I had said something totally stupid on the air for two reasons: 1. It gives me a chance to maybe improve my own performance as a sports broadcaster, and I mean that it will force me to examine what I did wrong, and maybe I won't repeat that mistake in the future. 2. It means someone was actually listening to me, which, for a hack like me, is the greatest of all honors.

Finally, I think Coach Tuberville was partially right when he said that people should not be so hard on his players when they mess up. Example: John Vaughn misses five field goals against LSU and the whole world spends the next three days ripping him for it. In a perfect world, fans and analysts would realize, as the coach said, that these are 19, 20-year-old kids, and I emphasize the word kids. They are not professions, and they are certainly not perfect. In a perfect world, we would realize that. But we live in a world riddled with imperfection, and one of the biproducts of that imperfection is a sports environment where even kids are expected to be perfect, or almost perfect, and that is especially true in the Southeastern Conference, the greatest collection of college football teams in this land, where the fans are rabbid and coaches can get almost fired for not meeting the misplaced expectations of pundits. And every coach, every player, who comes into the SEC knows what they are getting into, and if they don't know they learn very quickly. Now I like to defend people like John Vaughn, because I think in most cases they are held up as scapegoats, when in reality, the loss belongs to the entire team (and we will talk more about the LSU game later in the show). But I think this is another case of "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." If you can't handle the pressure and the instant feedback that comes with playing and coaching in the SEC, you should probably leave, because it's not going to change anytime soon. Besides, I think the intensity is what makes this conference so much fun. I know Coach Tuberville is trying to defend one of his players, but I think he needs to let this one go.
@Tiger: very interesting...and very true...that's why i have alot of respect for our Defensive Back: Khalid Naziruddin. He has the attitude that is needed to be on a team like Tech, yet he is so nice and so down to earth. He is an ex-band kid too! *laughs*

@Greyfox: hey man, watch the Baylor/Tech game this weekend...please!!!! I'll be there at the game....please....watch....*laughs* some of the band kids who are going to the game might bring kazzoos...they may show us on TV...that would be funny!
That reeks of desparation razz

I just made it to Pointe Du Hac in CoD 2. Time to stop Rommel's Atlantic Wall.
ERRORCode2002
You don't need to lecture me on Toledo's success, I know full well how good they've been in the MAC. But I also know that they didn't win it for 3 years straight, like you claimed. And besides Fresno, they have played shitstink teams from start to finish. Whoopee, they went 4-0 against Eastern Michigan, Ball State, Western Michigan, and Buffalo. Guess what: HALF OF 1-A WOULD DO THE SAME THING.
Heh, I guess I kinda over exagerated Toledo. But I just wanna add that they have a pretty decent team for a mid-major school. And the Dogs beat them badly. And oh, Fresno State is also a mid-major school also. I guess that's why nobody gives us respect, even after we beat them BCS teams.

ERRORCode2002
We're talking about 2005, so I really don't care about up-and-coming talent. And Hawaii has had a quality offense for several years now. Does it amount to success? Well... no.
Yup, Hawaii plays the Run and Shoot offense. The offense they have is pretty high powered (their leading receiver is a Freshman), but it's their defense that really screws it up. Last year we busted 70 points on them. But this year will be a little different. The defense is a little more experienced, but I'm sure we'll still smash mouth our way through the islands.

ERRORCode2002
I wouldn't doubt that the Pac-10 refs would screw Fresno. Hopefully they're jobless right now. The refs in college football have been pretty miserable this year.

But I think Oregon is a bit overrated myself. The only great team they've played is USC, who beat the stuffing out of them. Besides them and Fresno, they've played (once again) garbage from start to finish. They're just being propped up by a very weak Pac-10 and a friendly press.
I listen to Dog Talk before and after every game, and a caller called in and said that the refs were suspended. They shoulda been fired. evil 3nodding And yea, Oregon is overrated. The only reason they are ranked so high is because the #1 team is in their conference. But not for long. wink blaugh
Chardata_the_Fire_Mage
@Tiger: very interesting...and very true...that's why i have alot of respect for our Defensive Back: Khalid Naziruddin. He has the attitude that is needed to be on a team like Tech, yet he is so nice and so down to earth. He is an ex-band kid too! *laughs*

@Greyfox: hey man, watch the Baylor/Tech game this weekend...please!!!! I'll be there at the game....please....watch....*laughs* some of the band kids who are going to the game might bring kazzoos...they may show us on TV...that would be funny!
You know what...don't get me wrong, but I think you know a lot about football for a band girl. Lol, but I guess there are benefits for being in band. You get to go to football games. I think that is awesome. I usually watch the games on TV in my dark room. sweatdrop
Im watching the VT-BC game and they are talking about the BCS, yet again. Three will be undefeated, USC, Texas, and VT is what there saying. Interesting point, does this mean that Georgia and Alabama will lose? twisted and guess which team they have to play still on both of their schedules...
Arucardia
Chardata_the_Fire_Mage

You know what...don't get me wrong, but I think you know a lot about football for a band girl. Lol, but I guess there are benefits for being in band. You get to go to football games. I think that is awesome. I usually watch the games on TV in my dark room. sweatdrop
Well, thank you very much...that is a nice complement from you, hard pressed i'm sure. *laughs* I have never missed a HS football game when i was in HS and i've only missed one College football game and that was Tech vs. Nebraska...b/c it was in Nebraska. We get into the football games for free, and when you watch as much live football as I have, you do pick up afew things...even if you are a girl. *laughs*
TigerHistalmos
Im watching the VT-BC game and they are talking about the BCS, yet again. Three will be undefeated, USC, Texas, and VT is what there saying. Interesting point, does this mean that Georgia and Alabama will lose? twisted and guess which team they have to play still on both of their schedules...
at least switch over to the Baylor and Tech game to keep up with it! *nods*

i'm going to be in Waco this weekend. I'm attending the Baylor vs. Texas Tech game, and i'm staying with Joey (my boyfriend, he goes to Baylor). I'll be back on the computer early tomorrow morning and Sunday, b/c Tyler is letting me take his laptop with me, so i can do homework, while i spend Sunday in Waco...alone. That sucks I know...Joey has to go down to Houston and i can't go with him. Anywho, so that's my weekend schedule! If you want updates you can checkout my blog...its in my "www" link.
Well, it looks like April bought me Fox accessories. Fox is my pet name, heh
Chardata_the_Fire_Mage]at least switch over to the Baylor and Tech game to keep up with it! *nods*

i'm going to be in Waco this weekend. I'm attending the Baylor vs. Texas Tech game, and i'm staying with Joey (my boyfriend, he goes to Baylor). I'll be back on the computer early tomorrow morning and Sunday, b/c Tyler is letting me take his laptop with me, so i can do homework, while i spend Sunday in Waco...alone. That sucks I know...Joey has to go down to Houston and i can't go with him. Anywho, so that's my weekend schedule! If you want updates you can checkout my blog...its in my "www" link.[/color:izubdl
izubdll6:0="Chardata_the_Fire_Mage][color=orange]at least switch over to the Baylor and Tech game to keep up with it! *nods* [/color]

[color=orange]i'm going to be in Waco this weekend. I'm attending the Baylor vs. Texas Tech game, and i'm staying with Joey (my boyfriend, he goes to Baylor). I'll be back on the computer early tomorrow morning and Sunday, b/c Tyler is letting me take his laptop with me, so i can do homework, while i spend Sunday in Waco...alone. That sucks I know...Joey has to go down to Houston and i can't go with him. Anywho, so that's my weekend schedule! If you want updates you can checkout my blog...its in my "www" link.
depends on when it is, if its on any time before 11:30, sorry, i have my own football game to attend. For football returns to the lovliest village on the plains this weekend to face the Old Men of Mississippi. I'll be at that game... biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff