Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Agent Fox William Mulder
Procurements
Interesting times might be coming to Kansas.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Of course, there's the question of whether this would be Kansas's 2nd or 3rd D1 football program.

I want to know why D1 football in Kansas is even a thing.

It hasn't been since they fired fatboy.
Procurements
Agent Fox William Mulder
Procurements

Of course, there's the question of whether this would be Kansas's 2nd or 3rd D1 football program.

I'm not sure what fatboy is, honestly.

I'm just curious as to why the state of Kansas has even one D1 football team because the Jayhawks are notably bad at football. They're like Kentucky, they'll occasionally have one or two good football seasons over a few years, but athletes go there to play basketball.
hey number 1 Football Dad here! who else's favourite player is Connor Halliday?!

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Agent Fox William Mulder
Procurements
Agent Fox William Mulder
Procurements

I'm just curious as to why the state of Kansas has even one D1 football team because the Jayhawks are notably bad at football. They're like Kentucky, they'll occasionally have one or two good football seasons over a few years, but athletes go there to play basketball.

Fatboy.

Well, tradition, I guess. Also, Kansas State has a very respectable program.
Procurements
Agent Fox William Mulder
Procurements
Agent Fox William Mulder
Procurements

Fatboy.

By Fatboy do you mean Charlie Weis?!

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

footballdadd
Procurements
Agent Fox William Mulder
Procurements
Agent Fox William Mulder
Procurements

Fatboy.

Mangino. Weis is "not-so-fatboy." Mangino actually won games.
Procurements
footballdadd
Procurements
Agent Fox William Mulder
Procurements

Fatboy.

Mangino. Weis is "not-so-fatboy." Mangino actually won games.

Yea Weis was quite terrible..
Who are your favourite coaches in NCAA football? Past and present..

Ill start! ... URBAN MEYER!

Friendly Millionaire

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
footballdadd

Joe Paterno: Penn State, despite what happened with the scandal he is one of the greatest coaches in the history of this conference if not college football.

Pat Fitzgerald: Greatest Coach in Northwestern Football History. Considering that Norhwestern for decades was the Big 10's whipping boy since Pat took over he has led them to their first bowl game win since 1949. And Came close to winning the Big 10 West. One of these days he will break through and win a division title for Northwestern. As of right now, the Big 10 West is a tossup between Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Northwestern.
Others include

Bo Schembechler - Michigan
Jim Tressell - Ohio State *That Sweater Vest*
Amos Alonzo Stagg - University of Chicago, the founding father of the Big 10 and his name is on the Big 10 Trophy.
footballdadd

Right now my favorite coach is Les Miles simply as he is coach of my favorite team.

In the past? I'd probably go with Paul Dietzel, who won LSU their first national title with Billy Cannon at HB in 1958.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

I have to put Tom Osborne up there, given where I'm from.

A few other favorites:
Bobby Bowden
Barry Switzer
Bill Tate (Coached at Wake Forest, I met him in person. Really nice guy.)
Eddie Robinson
Bill Snyder
Ken Niumatalolo
Scott Frost (hopefully)
Frank Solich
If we take that question a step further, to just favorite college coaches in any sport, I'd add former LSU basketball coach Dale Brown. Guy cared more about the player than the situation and was a hell of a coach when it came to getting the most of less talent.

Example of him caring about the players and not the situation? He gets in the face of Tennessee player Carlos Gross for being too physical with Shaquille O'Neal while using a hack tactic. And during that scene Shaq got ejected for fighting, but when coach Brown met up with Shaq after the game, Shaq said he expected a lecture but Brown just said "Good job, I'm sick of people being too physical with you, you did the right thing" or something like that.

Friendly Millionaire

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Its sad what happened to the University of Illinois. I guess its safe to say that its a DEAD Football Program now.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-bill-cubit-fired-illinois-football-coach-20160305-story.html

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

SailorGreenSparkles
Its sad what happened to the University of Illinois. I guess its safe to say that its a DEAD Football Program now.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-bill-cubit-fired-illinois-football-coach-20160305-story.html

Even with them hiring Lovie Smith?

Friendly Millionaire

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Procurements
SailorGreenSparkles

Even with them hiring Lovie Smith?

Like I said. Its a DEAD football program. Lovie and U of I dont have the resources the other Big 10 schools have. U of I barely has enough money to keep their doors open. Heck Most Illinois universities will be closed by the start of the fall semester.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff