Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Stacie LaVelle
it will never happen but it would be funny if the SEC beats each other so much that the committee will have no choice but to put 4 NON-SEC teams in the playoffs.

I dont care if one of them is Notre Dame *I hate them more than the SEC* i rather they be in it than the SEC.

Looking at that bullshit, I think they'd find a way to put four SEC teams in at this point. Michigan State, Kansas State, Notre Dame, and Nebraska have all lost to better teams than Mississippi. Doesn't matter. They're from that Midwest place. Eww.

It's ******** stupid.

Friendly Millionaire

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Procurements
Stacie LaVelle
it will never happen but it would be funny if the SEC beats each other so much that the committee will have no choice but to put 4 NON-SEC teams in the playoffs.

I dont care if one of them is Notre Dame *I hate them more than the SEC* i rather they be in it than the SEC.

Looking at that bullshit, I think they'd find a way to put four SEC teams in at this point. Michigan State, Kansas State, Notre Dame, and Nebraska have all lost to better teams than Mississippi. Doesn't matter. They're from that Midwest place. Eww.

It's ******** stupid.

Yea I hate the fact that the SEC championship game is now the defacto National Title game.

No Wonder people from the East Coast rather watch Professional Sports.

Friendly Millionaire

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
THE WHAT SHOULD BE THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF..

#1 SEC Champion: Mississippi State (OK If they win the SEC and be undefeated they earn the #1 Ranking I wont argue that)

#2 ACC Champion: Florida State (Undefeated Conference Champions get priority, you win your conference and be undefeated you belong here)

#3 Pac 12 Champion: Oregon (I still say the Pac 12 is better than the SEC, the Pac 12 from top to bottom are better than the SEC top to bottom all the best teams in the SEC are in 1 division, the Pac 12 is more competitively balanced)

#4 Big 12 Champion or Big 10 Champion: This spot goes to Michigan State or Nebraska if they win out, otherwise it goes to TCU or Kansas State if either team wins out. What hurts the Big 12 is the lack of a title game. If Ohio State wins the Big 10 the #4 seed goes to the Big 12 Champion.

Sorry Notre Dame.... you are on the outside looking in.

The 1-Loss SEC teams.... enjoy your low tier New Years Eve bowl games.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Stacie LaVelle
Procurements
Stacie LaVelle

It's ******** stupid.

Yea I hate the fact that the SEC championship game is now the defacto National Title game.

If there was a professional sports team that represented where I live, I'd do the same at this point.

And no, the Omaha Mammoths don't count.

Friendly Millionaire

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Procurements
Stacie LaVelle
Procurements
Stacie LaVelle

It's ******** stupid.

If there was a professional sports team that represented where I live, I'd do the same at this point.

I know Nebraska lives and dies when it comes to the Huskers but are there any Pro Sports that are broadcasted there. I know the Cubs telecasts can be transmitted as far as Omaha *the Whole state of Iowa is in the Cubs TV market with some parts in the Twins market*

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Stacie LaVelle
Procurements
Stacie LaVelle
Procurements
Stacie LaVelle

It's ******** stupid.

I know Nebraska lives and dies when it comes to the Huskers but are there any Pro Sports that are broadcasted there. I know the Cubs telecasts can be transmitted as far as Omaha *the Whole state of Iowa is in the Cubs TV market with some parts in the Twins market*

Royals baseball, though Omaha's a smattering of various baseball fanbases. Mostly Royals and Cubs fans, with some Cardinals, Yankees, and Red Sox fans. Chiefs games are on the radio, too, though again, Omaha has lots of Packers, Bears, Broncos, and Vikings fans as well.

I can see there being a partnership with the Bulls because of Doug McDermott in the future, though he pissed off a lot of people by supporting Northwestern on-screen during the Northwestern-Nebraska game.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/the-worldwide-cheerleader-espn-and-the-college-football-playoff-20141028

Quote:
Shell Game

The phenomenon we're witnessing is not unlike the self-perpetuating effect of booms and busts on the American economy: the marginalized class (non-SEC) suffers more from the lows and benefits less from the highs, further depressing them over time. Clemson, an ACC team with the same record as Texas A&M before the Aggies' third loss, was still ranked lower despite starting the season five spots higher, losing to 12th-ranked Georgia and taking the No. 1 team to overtime, both on the road.

Meanwhile, the privileged class (SEC) is better able to weather setbacks, and profits disproportionately from its successes. Alabama, receiving credit for being consistently good over the last several years, dropped just four spots after its loss to Ole Miss; but the Mississippi schools are also forgiven for being among the worst Big Five programs in recent history, not only enjoying lofty rankings for their out-of-nowhere success so far this season (as opposed to the suspicion with which upstarts from other conferences are typically regarded), but bestowing "quality losses" to the teams they've defeated. Auburn is ranked two spots ahead of Notre Dame in this week's AP poll, despite losing to (then) third-ranked Mississippi State by 15 points. Meanwhile, the Irish barely lost to No. 2 Florida State by four points on a game-deciding penalty.

Friendly Millionaire

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Procurements
Stacie LaVelle
Procurements
Stacie LaVelle
Procurements
Stacie LaVelle

It's ******** stupid.

Royals baseball, though Omaha's a smattering of various baseball fanbases. Mostly Royals and Cubs fans, with some Cardinals, Yankees, and Red Sox fans. Chiefs games are on the radio, too, though again, Omaha has lots of Packers, Bears, Broncos, and Vikings fans as well.

I can see there being a partnership with the Bulls because of Doug McDermott in the future, though he pissed off a lot of people by supporting Northwestern on-screen during the Northwestern-Nebraska game.

I can see why he did it, Northwestern is in the heart of the Largest TV market in the Midwest and the Wildcats are pretty much ignored in Chicago. Most of the College football focus is on Illinois Basketball and Notre Dame football. Other than 1996, Northwestern never gets any media coverage in the Trib, Sun-Times and the local news. Northwestern has one of the best Female Sports programs in the whole NCAA barely any attention given to them other than the Big 10 Network and Comcast Sports Network Chicago (the only chicago-based media that covers college sports)

For those outside of the Big 10 Area.. the Big 10 Headquarters is in Rosemont, Illinois and the Big 10 Network headquarters is in Downtown Chicago.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Stacie LaVelle
Procurements
Stacie LaVelle
Procurements
Stacie LaVelle

I can see why he did it, Northwestern is in the heart of the Largest TV market in the Midwest and the Wildcats are pretty much ignored in Chicago. Most of the College football focus is on Illinois Basketball and Notre Dame football. Other than 1996, Northwestern never gets any media coverage in the Trib, Sun-Times and the local news. Northwestern has one of the best Female Sports programs in the whole NCAA barely any attention given to them other than the Big 10 Network and Comcast Sports Network Chicago (the only chicago-based media that covers college sports)

For those outside of the Big 10 Area.. the Big 10 Headquarters is in Rosemont, Illinois and the Big 10 Network headquarters is in Downtown Chicago.

Oh, I can see why, and besides, he's a Creighton alum, not a Nebraska alum. Creighton and Nebraska do not like one another. The people mad are just Jayskers in my opinion, and I've made my opinion of them clear.

Beloved Lionheart

Way too much salt against the SEC. I'm not even an SEC fan and I'm tired of hearing all the bitching and moaning. They've earned the right to get the benefit of the doubt. 7 straight titles by 4 different teams. Plus the current undefeated #1 team in the nation is NOT among those 4. That's conference strength. That's not a conference being carried by 1-2 teams (Pac-12, Big 12, B1G, ACC). Take a look at Arkansas' schedule as an example. They have yet to play a conference game this year in which their opponent wasn't ranked in the top 10 at the time of the game, and they STILL have to play #1 Mississippi State and #7 Ole Miss. That's absurd. When your schedule throughout the year is that hard, yes, the conference needs more than one team in the playoff if they've gotten through that with only one loss. ESPECIALLY when every other team in the other conferences has a loss also. The SEC West is just on a completely different level this year and has been the past few years. I want the best teams in the playoff. I don't want conference champions. I want the 4 best teams. In a perfect world it would be 8 teams, but since it's currently 4, I want the 4 best teams. I'm not interested in seeing a B1G team get blown out in a national semifinal. As a fan of watching good football, the SEC deserves every ounce of credit it gets. Until someone else can consistently beat them, the complaining needs to stop.

Beloved Lionheart

Stacie LaVelle
With these new rankings I dont see Michigan State getting into the Top 4 even if they run the table and finish with 1 loss. The committee will do everything they can to justify keeping the Spartans out of the playoffs.

And even if Nebraska and Michigan State enter the Big 10 title game with 1 loss each and Nebraska coming up as the victor, no way in Hell the Huskers get ranked higher than 10th.

Hate to say it but this committee doesn't think the Big 10 is a Power Conference. They are barely above the MAC, Mountain West, Conference USA and Sun Belt.
Why would MSU get in over any other 1 loss team? Their best win is barely beating the #17 team and they got destroyed by Oregon. By resume alone, they are not top 4. Stop blaming the committee. It's a log jam of 1 loss teams and MSU's resume by comparison is garbage.

Friendly Millionaire

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Drewbiie v4
Way too much salt against the SEC. I'm not even an SEC fan and I'm tired of hearing all the bitching and moaning. They've earned the right to get the benefit of the doubt. 7 straight titles by 4 different teams. Plus the current undefeated #1 team in the nation is NOT among those 4. That's conference strength. That's not a conference being carried by 1-2 teams (Pac-12, Big 12, B1G, ACC). Take a look at Arkansas' schedule as an example. They have yet to play a conference game this year in which their opponent wasn't ranked in the top 10 at the time of the game, and they STILL have to play #1 Mississippi State and #7 Ole Miss. That's absurd. When your schedule throughout the year is that hard, yes, the conference needs more than one team in the playoff if they've gotten through that with only one loss. ESPECIALLY when every other team in the other conferences has a loss also. The SEC West is just on a completely different level this year and has been the past few years. I want the best teams in the playoff. I don't want conference champions. I want the 4 best teams. In a perfect world it would be 8 teams, but since it's currently 4, I want the 4 best teams. I'm not interested in seeing a B1G team get blown out in a national semifinal. As a fan of watching good football, the SEC deserves every ounce of credit it gets. Until someone else can consistently beat them, the complaining needs to stop.

If anybody is complaining its the SEC and ESPN.

Nick Saban said it himself that if you want to win the National Title you HAVE to win your conference. So the College Football playoff should consist of teams who have won their conference regardless of how strong or weak they are.

Put in this perspective, if the NFL had a system like the College Football playoff here would be the playoff teams...

1. New England
2. Denver
3. Dallas
4. Arizona

Teams that got left out: San Francisco, Seattle, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, San Diego, Philadelphia, Detroit, Indianapolis.

Can you imagine the s**t you be hearing from the snubbed teams?

Imagine if MLB had a system like this. No way in Hell San Francisco and Kansas City would be in the World Series.

Friendly Millionaire

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Drewbiie v4
Stacie LaVelle
With these new rankings I dont see Michigan State getting into the Top 4 even if they run the table and finish with 1 loss. The committee will do everything they can to justify keeping the Spartans out of the playoffs.

And even if Nebraska and Michigan State enter the Big 10 title game with 1 loss each and Nebraska coming up as the victor, no way in Hell the Huskers get ranked higher than 10th.

Hate to say it but this committee doesn't think the Big 10 is a Power Conference. They are barely above the MAC, Mountain West, Conference USA and Sun Belt.
Why would MSU get in over any other 1 loss team? Their best win is barely beating the #17 team and they got destroyed by Oregon. By resume alone, they are not top 4.

Im sorry but conference Champions get priority over Second and Third Place teams. I dont care if its from a so called "weak" Big 10.

You wanna win a championship, then maybe Alabama or Auburn should switch conferences and play in the Big 10 or Big 12 and they can be in the playoffs. I just hope their players can learn to play in cold November weather.

Friendly Millionaire

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
And furthermore... why should I give a damm about the opinions of sportscasters from a Network owned by a Cartoon Mouse.

Beloved Lionheart

Stacie LaVelle
Drewbiie v4

If anybody is complaining its the SEC and ESPN.

Nick Saban said it himself that if you want to win the National Title you HAVE to win your conference. So the College Football playoff should consist of teams who have won their conference regardless of how strong or weak they are.

Put in this perspective, if the NFL had a system like the College Football playoff here would be the playoff teams...

1. New England
2. Denver
3. Dallas
4. Arizona

Teams that got left out: San Francisco, Seattle, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, San Diego, Philadelphia, Detroit, Indianapolis.

Can you imagine the s**t you be hearing from the snubbed teams?

Imagine if MLB had a system like this. No way in Hell San Francisco and Kansas City would be in the World Series.
Saban is talking out of both sides of his mouth. He's personally benefited from winning a Natty without winning the conference.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff