< 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20 >

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

For me, it was the glitchiness and lag of zOMG that made me stop playing regularly. I can't crew because crewing causes the game to freeze up. I can't even enter areas that are heavy on monsters because those also freeze. Sure, I could disable animations and potentially improve the problem a little bit, but that takes away an important aspect of the game and also makes it very difficult to determine whether another player is attacking a monster or simply standing next to it (so it tends to cause me to breach game etiquette).

I still haven't finished the portion of the game that's currently available, but I agree that new content is needed (in addition to maintenance) to hold user interest. Why is a person going to continue to rehash the same areas continually when there are no new elements to keep it interesting?

18,875 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
I think, one of the things they could do that wouldn't require much effort would be to make an announcement to everyone on the site (just like they announce new cash shops stuff and others) when there's an event in zOMG!, I used to dislike zOMG! because of hard it was (months ago) to lvl up and because of how laggy it was (also months ago), but what truly irked me was the fact that the special events in it (Halloween, X-mas, Easter, etc.) were not being announced to everyone and many people ended up not knowing anything about them. If they'd make site-wide announcements telling people when there's an event then people will go on zOMG! and see how much it's changed. That and if you want to earn a good amount of gold and have fun while doing it as well as socializing it's really the best way to do it, it might not give as much gold per hour as BG but BG isn't all that "fun" and you can't even talk to other people while doing it, not to mention that it lags a lot! And I used to BG all the time...

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

They really need to stop turning everything into a Catch 22. It is so ******** ridiculous that it makes me wonder why in hell they even make new features anymore if all they are going to do is abandon them and leave them to rot.

Update zOMG and then come talk to your users Gaia. I bet a ton more people would flock into the game if there was new incentive for them to actually play it.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I was one of the zeta testers, eventually I lost interest in the game. Though it wasnt too easy to play at my home where my internet was s**t, but that's not *really* gaia's fault.

If they had achievements/events there I would go like they did in 2008 xmas.

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
That tends to be how it is with a lot of companies. They don't support something because there's no interest there... but there's no interest because there's no support...

It's kind of stupid that they [companies] fall into this never ending circle and we get get the shaft because of it.

Hitsuzen's Significant Otter

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
I agree with this thread 100%. I had been waiting for a EMMO ever since I joined in 2003 and I was estatic when it came out. I still jump on to play the events, but now I've done everything there's no use in playing it. I'm waiting for chapter 2 to come out.

Seriously gaia, employ some people to zOMG so they can finish chapter 2 so we can continue to play! It was supposed to be released ages ago but not it can't be because theres not enough people to work on it! ;.;

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
I really enjoyed the game when I first started playing it, but, well, I've beaten it. I still play from time to time (I like the extra bosses like the Buzzkill), but other than that they haven't really given me a reason to play often.

If there's waning interest in the game they've no one to blame but themselves. So many people have beaten the game that if they want them to continue playing they need to add new content.

You don't add new content as a way to reward loyal users, you add it as a way to stop them from getting bored and leaving.
It's so ******** obvious. What the hell, Gaia?

Moonlight Fairy

26,225 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Object of Affection 150
One thing they could easily do to raise interest without actually adding any new content is to make a zomg related achievement. They should make the achievement for beating EB and they should have it be a lot of points(maybe even up to 1000) Achievements are a hot topic right now and I'm sure that if there was a high pointed zomg achievement it would get more people playing. I know for me it'd give me a reason to jump back in and finally beat this chapter. It will get the people who haven't beaten it yet playing and maybe with the increased number of players they'd be more willing to devote more devs to it.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
With new content people that have finished what there is of zOMG! would return. They do come back for EVERY Holiday event that the devs put out because they haven't don it yet, it's new. Is that not an major hint to you (The site) that zOMG! needs more content? What do you need? It in freaking blood that you need to add to the MMO. Come on Gaia, other MMOs added content at least once a year, why can't you!

I'm zOMG! biggest and most loyal fan but event I get bored redoing what I've finish for 10 accounts, my main and 9 Mules I made to re do zOMG! on. >> Sheesh Gaia get with it!

Witty Autobiographer

I'm sure there are plenty of former players who only quit because they've beat the game and there's nothing else to do, as previously mentioned. It's been out for awhile, after all. Of course they're going to get bored and look for something else to do, do they just expect everyone to play the same game over and over again without issue? User Image Even big MMOs usually have regular updates and new features, to keep players interested.

If people become bored with what content there is, whose fault is that? Are people supposed to trudge through it time after time just to show that they would be interested in something new? I disagree with that; it shouldn't be our responsibility to get people interested in the game, when a lot have already played and beat it, it should be theirs.

Benevolent Codger

We've been talking about this for ages in the zOMG! Forums; I'm glad we now have a quote from someone reputable (who's more reputable than Lanzer, eh?) to support it. It really is atrocious.

Its obvious by the rise in interest during events that zOMG! would be popular with the addition of new content. Gaia has a simple choice to make: to make zOMG! what it could be, or to let it fall by the wayside. Up until this point, the decisions Gaia has made indicate that they're choosing to do the latter. Hopefully if we can get enough people riled up, we might could change their minds.

As a side note, I love all the posts in this thread. I've been arguing for some time that there's a huge discrepancy between the number of Gaia's users who are interested in zOMG! and the number of users who actually play; and understandably so, for a game that only gets even minor updates ever several months. This is the first time we've even gotten any support in Site Feedback (thanks again, Lanzer-quote), but I'm glad that it's finally being recognised...

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

I personally love zOMG!, it's a brilliant game and the story-line (from what I've seen so far) is funny, well-written and immersive.
I really don't want them to give up on it because there are many people who still enjoy playing the game, and want it to prosper.

I've been trying to get more of my friends to play the game, some of them can't run the game on their systems so it's been difficult.
The game needs to be made more appealing to other people, a LOT of hard work and time has been put into the game - it shouldn't be left to die. gonk

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
They could have designed Zomg a lot better to begin with in my opoion really. I'd have liked it to have been far more impressive.

That being said I do play it on occasion.

Enduring Survivor

10,150 Points
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Survivor 150

Really, Gaia? Really!?

You're going to let another great feature die like that? Y'know, if you have so many troubles keeping these things updated, maybe you shouldn't make new s**t until you get your priorities straight. It'd cause a lot less disappointment for your users.

It's becoming really hard to stay optimistic anymore...

Ruthless Businessman

I dont see how they cant see how popular this feature is when they give those new content snibbits. I mean look at how crowded it was during the events. I never once came across a gold eg that didnt have at least fifteen people whacking away at it. New content brings in a flood of people it shouldnt have to be the other way around. How can they expect the feature to be popular without updating it from time to time. And now they go and move the remaining devs elsewhere so we will not be seeing any new content. Its very frustrating

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff