Welcome to Gaia! ::

Explorer

some of yall need to just apply for the job to become one of gaia's artists or something if it bothers you that much. hell or take it up to the person in charge the most and bug them to no end. the power of the people.

Bashful Fatcat

12,150 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Timid 100
  • Overstocked 200
VaniIla Coke
some of yall need to just apply for the job to become one of gaia's artists or something if it bothers you that much. hell or take it up to the person in charge the most and bug them to no end. the power of the people.
This IS the way of taking it up with the one in charge, and becoming employed by Gaia isn't exactly a willy nilly capability. Gaia is an actual thriving company with paid employees and an office area. This feedback forum IS our main communication line, aside from when Bodyfarm had asked Lanzer about this in ask the admin and the response given was the one I quoted.

Sparkling Transmutator

-shrugs- Honestly I think Gaia pumps out more feminine items because their are more paying females than males on this site. Also I tend to believe that female items are generally the big money makers for Gaia. If I was Gaia, I wouldn't focus on the gender that didn't pay as much.

Anyways, I am a man that users the male base, but dresses it up in feminine clothes. Why? Simply because I like to. I has nothing to do with the amount of feminine items or the amount of masculine items.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Winter Hue

VaniIla Coke

I know plenty of people who are male with male bases that dress with female items. Good for them. That's what they like. I don't see any issue with it.

What I do have an issue with is that we've hit something of a plateau with the kind of items we're getting. A hefty chunk of it is pastelfrillycute. Which is nice for the population who likes pastelfrillycute. But I'm a paying customer, too. There are many threads asking for something other than pastefrillycute, and then there are multiple threads with many supporters asking for something else, well, that means the imbalance has been noted by multiple users and these people want to see items released to their particular tastes, too. I've had plenty of female users with female bases and wearing female items come into my thread saying they, too, have had their fill of the pastelfrillycute and just want to see some variety.

To make a long story short, Gaia's artists are heavily leaning towards one style. We're asking for variety in styles. Last time I checked, variety is not a bad thing.

Codger

Winter Hue
-shrugs- Honestly I think Gaia pumps out more feminine items because their are more paying females than males on this site. Also I tend to believe that female items are generally the big money makers for Gaia. If I was Gaia, I wouldn't focus on the gender that didn't pay as much.

This is a point that was raised in another thread about this issue, actually. There's an obvious gender skew in the user base, but, as was pointed out, there's a notable correlation between the increasing amount of superfrillykawaii crap we get with every single item release and the departure of male users from the site. It's not a matter of there being more women who are paying money, because that's going to be the case regardless when the user base is so utterly skewed. I used to be spend a lot of money here on gaia (anywhere between $100-200/month), but I stopped primarily because I did not want my purchasing to be construed as a support for the absurd imbalance in the item availability for each gender.

So does this mean, as a male user of the site who has stopped spending money here, that I no longer count when it comes to wanting less frilly and cutesy and pastel and would rather see more items that I can actually use with the male base that don't ******** with the proportions and allow me to move outside of the decidedly narrow niches the currently available items allow for? Because, frankly, I'm damned tired of doing the same themes over and over and over and over again in different variants because I have nothing else I can work with to do otherwise.
Variety is definitely a good thing. It keeps dog breeds from developing really bad allergies and diseases.

Like Bleeding Apocalypse, I'm totally okay with people liking cutesy and frilly things. They just don't happen to be my thing.

I'd like to wear things that do happen to be my thing. Masculine/male items.

And if Lanzer then makes a comment saying their artist pool consists mostly of women and women are apparently incapable of producing kick a** awesome manly items, well.. that's just really inappropriate on his part. That kind of sends the message women are only good enough to spend money on his site, but not good enough to be awesome and kick-a** at specific arts because their balls never dropped below their chest.

But be that as it may, this is the appropriate venue to point out there are plenty of people requesting more awesome kick a** masculine items and we'd like for them to do something with the request besides happily ignoring it a lot.

Dangerous Fatcat

~ I would really like to see this problem resolved as well,
the lack of attention toward male items in this site is beyond the point of return.
at least some more unisex items with less of the feminine design n' flare 27/7

I grow tired of having to balance it out myself all the time. lol~

Dangerous Fatcat

Endrael
Winter Hue

This is a point that was raised in another thread about this issue, actually. There's an obvious gender skew in the user base, but, as was pointed out, there's a notable correlation between the increasing amount of superfrillykawaii crap we get with every single item release and the departure of male users from the site. It's not a matter of there being more women who are paying money, because that's going to be the case regardless when the user base is so utterly skewed. I used to be spend a lot of money here on gaia (anywhere between $100-200/month), but I stopped primarily because I did not want my purchasing to be construed as a support for the absurd imbalance in the item availability for each gender.

So does this mean, as a male user of the site who has stopped spending money here, that I no longer count when it comes to wanting less frilly and cutesy and pastel and would rather see more items that I can actually use with the male base that don't ******** with the proportions and allow me to move outside of the decidedly narrow niches the currently available items allow for? Because, frankly, I'm damned tired of doing the same themes over and over and over and over again in different variants because I have nothing else I can work with to do otherwise.
~ And the voice of reason makes it's return once again.
This~

Lavish Lunatic

Haven't had problems with this but I agree we need more beards

Bashful Fatcat

12,150 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Timid 100
  • Overstocked 200
Savage Ro
Haven't had problems with this but I agree we need more beards
As of recently they've been dishing out decent male items so I haven't been working to keep the thread up, but until there's an equal amount set I'm just letting it be found when it does.

Beards are a must though. Big big big must~ Ones NOT connected to hair.

Lavish Lunatic

Awenita
I dunno I think they should have both connecting and non.
But kudo's to the thread

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces