Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lets Eat Pizza
Gaidin

I assume that you mean this cesspool of a forum that should never have existed? That, from that link, has no FAs to do what you're talking about? That would pretty much explain that particular forum's issue with misplaced threads. FAs cannot work in a forum that they are not assigned to, as they do not have the buttons in a given forum unless they are assigned to said forum.

As for the part of your reply that I didn't leave in the quote, it's worth noting that a mod's obligation is to the report queues and PMs directly stemming from cases they are working on, not necessarily other PMs. That isn't to say that all others PMs should or will be ignored, but considering that it is a volunteer position, and how much behind in general the team likely is due to low numbers and lack of anything to boost their morale, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. If you think something is in violation of the rules, report it. In the report reason you can note about how you aren't fully sure, but would rather be safe than sorry, etc. If it isn't something that is considered a violation, mods will often contact the reporting user to let them know, especially if it's requested in the report itself.
Not even close to a ceasepool. confused It was needed to exist, and I was proud to help push it back in 2007, to be able to clear up the Minishops and Personalized Graphics.

Sadly, I've talk to Sisky a while back who could only 'pass on' that forum needing FAs. That was in 2010. Doubt it'll happen any time soon, though.

I refuse, personally, to report things that are on edge or not stated within the TOS. I'm not a huge fan on 'one mods opinion' resorting in a ban/warning/etc. I prefer to know ahead of time if it's against the TOS or not. I do not need to cause other users trouble. There are mods out there, and I've talked to them many times, who are more than fine with letting me know. As I stated, only certain mods seem to read and never reply.
None the less, that still doesn't help out their position when a user PMs them asking, and never gets a reply. I find it poor on the mods side.
And it's why I only thanked some mods. Only a handful are understanding and decent.

Yeah, it's a cesspool. Selfies are not art and not that far away from nudies. Pictures like that shouldn't be allowed to be sold, in my humble opinion.

Sending messages to multiple Mods at one time is also not cool. That's spamming. "One Mod's opinion" is all it takes, and if it's not legitimate then that person can take it to Gaia the same way everyone else does. A position like that is not doing Gaia any favors.

Either way, it's not your problem if the person gets in trouble for something legit. If you don't know then you can report it and just say so in that dandy little box that pops up on the report form. Refusing to just piles on the potential issues within any given forum. Like I said before, you not reporting is not the Mods' fault.
Up, please.
Up, please.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
on the subject of small forums that are full of misplaced threads, there are a lot of them.
gaia has a lot of forums with a lot of subforums and FAs can only work on a few forums each. personally, i'd love to have time to be assigned to and clean up all the subforums that are being taken over with misplaced threads, but realistically i wouldn't be able to. sad

Myrielle
phoebe-chan
I feel bad for the Mods. People keep blaming them for what Gaia's become when they have nothing to do with it at all. Heck they don't even get paid to be a Mod.
I believe they are being compensated for their work, but not through actual money because they are not contractual employees. I think they get gold and maybe items or some perks. I remember some mods in the past mentioning this. It's not as thankless as people make it out.
i don't know about mods since i haven't ever been one but FAs at least don't have anything like that. emotion_8c i want special items~

Verloki's Senpai

Cosmic Destroyer

I love the mods! they are NOT to blame for gaia's prices and stuff! They do this for free and dont even get thank you's for the hard work they do! Dont confuse the green links for the admin and the sire ruler cause that's NOT the case!

The mods do this for free and they like US are just people and I am sure that if you where a mod and had to deal with a dozen of s**t heads a day U'd be pretty done with it all too. I thank the mods for resolving my issues and helping my thread and for their limitless patience with the unworthy and impatient majority that demands everything yesterday!

Thankyou gaia mods! Keep up the good work and Merry Christmas!

Ruthless Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I have a tissue
I may not always agree with what Gaia does, but you poor souls as a group deserve some sort of kudos for putting up with our s**t. For free, even.
Happy holidays, and happy upcoming-2015, you wascally wabbits, you.

Let me add my thanks
and remind everyone to make an effort not to take their frustrations with the game
out on the persevering Moderators,
they certainly deserve better from us.

Invisible Heckler

13,500 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
Aww, thanks guys. smile <3

User Image
Up, please.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points